A MUCH needed trip...April 15-23, 2008...LOTS of pictures!! **UPDATED 7/27**

I love the pictures of your room, and French Quarter looks like so much fun!

Thanks! :goodvibes

BeeBopp - You love 2 out of 3 things that I love...Disney and Vegas! As for country music...hmmm...I wouldn't say I love it, but it's growing on me. And really, who doesn't love Kenny Rogers - The Gambler?? :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing your trip! It's been great so far - can't wait for more! :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 Listen to it for a little longer, you'll get hooked, I promise!

Yay! I just found your trip report, and I'm really enjoying it so far!! :thumbsup2

What gorgeous wedding photos! :)

And also, I love that Old Navy top with the flamingo on it! I wish we had Old Navy in Australia, but nope! :sad2:

Can't wait to read the rest of your trippie! :banana:

Thank you! Oh, no Old Navy? You're missing out! :rotfl:

I'm enjoying your trip report. We leave in about 2.5 weeks.:cool1:

:banana: Whoo Hooo! 2.5 weeks! LUCKY! :banana:

Great pictures! Congratulations!

Thank you! Thanks for reading!

Great update, the room is so pretty! I love the pictures of the kids, you can tell they really were having a great time.

The room was nice. Plenty of room for everyone! :)

Enjoying your trip report! I am so jealous that you are there alone with your dh, I never got to do that before I had kids! I guess I will wait until they are all grown up to have a solo trip with dh.

We do have fun, just DH and I! :goodvibes

Great pics! That room is beautiful! Glad MIL was happy! A happy MIL is always a good thing! :thumbsup2

I loved POFQ too, it is really so quaint and pretty!

Allyson :)

Yeah, I really enjoyed POFQ. It was very cozy! My Sis had a corner room which was cool. They had more windows!

Great pictures and report!

How sweet of your dh to stay and do laundry while you went to see your sis. Now if I can only get my dh to put the clothes in the hamper I'll be happy.

And how nice of you both to make sure everything was there in the room before your dh's family gets there so they don't need to do it themselves. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read more.

So sorry that I've been slacking, I promise I will try harder to update more often! :)

So day 5 has arrived. Today will be a "no park" day for me, but DH will be going into Epcot with his fam. I'm pretty excited b/c I'm totally exhausted from walking so much the past few days! It will be a relaxing day for me.

When I woke up at 7:30, everyone else was already up...(earplugs work GREAT!) I had a quick little breakfast in the room and sat around for a little while. Everyone else was showering and getting ready to walk over to Epcot at 9am. When everyone left, I showered and went down to the BC pool to meet my sister for pool opening (10am.) It was a little chilly, but warming up quick. It's expected to be another sunny day! :beach:

When we got to the pool we picked out a spot near the bottom of the big slide. We knew the kids would want to go down it over and over, so we thought it would be a good place. My BIL and I decided to go down the slide too a couple time with my niece and nephew. I had never been down this slide before! Here are some pics that my sis took:

First, my BIL:
JoshPool.jpg

Then me (see my hand holding my sunglasses??)
BethPool.jpg

There goes my niece:
MyaPool.jpg

My nephew went down too, but he disappeared into the foam before she could get a good picture! Here is all of us:
Pool2.jpg

Today was a perfect pool day. We had a great and relaxing time, and the kids had a blast. DH came over to the pool to meet us after his day at Epcot. My sis and I walked over to Hurricane Hanna's bar and got some drinks. I got a poolside lemonade for myself and DH, my sis got a long island ice tea for herself and a poolside lemonade for her DH, and we got some virgin strawberry daiquiris for the kids. All our drinks were excellent and STRONG! Here are a couple more pictures:

ChrisEvan.jpg

UsPool.jpg

At about 1:30, My sis and her fam went back to their hotel to shower and relax for a bit. DH and I went back to our room to do the same. At about 3:30, we drove over to their hotel to catch a boat to DTD. We had 4:30 ADR's at Planet Hollywood. The boat ride was great and the weather was perfect! When we arrived at DTD, we headed toward Planet Hollywood. We stopped in at a couple of stores along the way.

IMG_1333-1.jpg

IMG_1334-1.jpg

IMG_1344-1.jpg

When we arrived at Planet Hollywood, our table was ready almost immediately. They seated us in our own little private section! It was pretty cool! Our server was excellent and quick with our needs. Everything on the menu looked so good, I was starving! First up, i decided to get "the beach drink." It was EXCELLENT! (You can also see my BIL holding up his drink in the background...)

IMG_1336-1.jpg

My sister decided on a fruity type drink as well:

IMG_1337-1.jpg

DH got a coconut drink of some kind (sorry no picture!) We got the sampler platter for an appetizer. It had wings, chicken fingers, nachos and spinach dip. Yum! For dinner, I got the rack of ribs, DH got the cobb salad, my sis got a chicken salad, BIL got fried lasagna, my niece got pizza and my nephew got chicken fingers. Here is my plate...oh, and btw, the fries were amazing!

IMG_1338.jpg

Everyone really enjoyed their food. We had a great time! I was completely full! After dinner we walked around again to all the fun stores. The kids picked 1 stuffed animal each. It took them awhile to decide...so many to choose from! My niece got Roo and my nephew got a baby pluto...

There eyes are so red from the pool!

IMG_1355.jpg

We stopped in at Ghirardelli Chocolate to get a free sample. There were a lot of upset people walking in and out of there because the ice cream section was temporarily closed. Looked like a lot of people were looking forward to Ghirardelli ice cream!

Next up, Disney Tails to get our Dog a toy or 2!

IMG_1331.jpg

Now, I thought this store was going to be entirely dedicated to pets. I pictured 100 different toys and collars to choose from. Well, we get in there and there was literally one corner section with pet stuff. The rest of the store was just plain old souvenirs that you can find anywhere else! :confused3 Weird! We picked out 1 toy and a pretty collar.

DogToy.jpg

We stopped by the Rainforest Cafe to see the alligator.

Rainforest.jpg

A few more pictures while heading back:

IMG_1353-1.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_1376-1.jpg

We were all exhausted, but had a great day! When we arrived back I had to say goodbye to everyone. :( They would be leaving the next morning to go home. DH and I got back to our hotel at around 8:30. We relaxed for a bit and headed to bed around 10:00.

Tomorrow morning we will be heading to the Animal Kingdom in the morning with DH family!

I leave you with a cute picture of our dog enjoying her new toy and collar from Disney World! (Taken after we got home of course...)

IMG_1596.jpg

Really enjoying your trippie and can't wait for the rest!!

That looks like a wonderful day! Your niece and nephew are so cute!

Allyson

I am so glad you updated. I've been reading about 5-6 TR and had forgotten that you hadn't finished yours. Yeah me! Another one to keep reading. Your doggie is so cute. We have a 4 mos old Goldendoodle and her hair is just starting to curl at the roots. I hope she gets a little more curly, like your fur baby.

Hello! I just found your TR and am loving it. Your wedding pictures are amazing...I'd love to get married in WDW. :goodvibes Can't wait to read more.

BeeBopp - where did you go? Over a month and the TR is at a standstill??? We need an update BAD!!! :)

Just found your trip report! can not wait to read more. i am sad to hear about the doggie store i was getting excited to go and get treats for my boys when we go in december. we have cockapoo's that are half standard poodle!

a43500382_30798297_5839.jpg

BeeBopp - where did you go? Over a month and the TR is at a standstill??? We need an update BAD!!! :)

I Promise I will update soon! Stay tuned...

Just found your trip report! can not wait to read more. i am sad to hear about the doggie store i was getting excited to go and get treats for my boys when we go in december. we have cockapoo's that are half standard poodle!

a43500382_30798297_5839.jpg

Ahhh, cute doggies! :rotfl: I think I remember seeing dog treats there. But only 1 kind I think. Thanks for reading!

The $37,500 castle! Whow! Maybe someday, if we ever hit the lottery...

IMG_1150-1.jpg

That castle cost more than my house!!!:confused3 We paid $32,000 (and that was extra money to do renovations on it!!!) Mind you it was a foreclosure, so we were really lucky! (But they land it is on is worth $20,000..:woohoo: ) Loving you TR so far!! I am at DW right now and I feel your pain about the chips in Mexico....(although, I was lovin' them when I was eating them the other day!!!)

I know I know, it's been while...

So where were we...

Sunday morning was our first morning with DH's family, so we all decided to go to the AK. We woke up at around 6:30. It was a little dreary outside, cloudy and it looked like it may rain. The forecast called for some clearing later, so we should be OK!

We caught a bus and arrived a little before 9am. We decided to enter through the Rainforest Cafe again, since it worked so well for us last time! They let us into the park, but made everyone watch a quick show before dropping the ropes. The plan was for everyone to go to the Safari first, while my MIL ran over to get FP's for everyone on Everest. It worked well, and she was able to hop in line with us just before boarding the Safari! Here are some pics of us in line...

My Nephew and Me
IMG_1380-1.jpg

Almost to the front of the line!
IMG_1381-1.jpg

The kids really seemed to like the Safari! There actually weren't as many animals around this time, but we were able see a rhino standing up/walking, which was cool!

My Nephew and BIL on the Safari
IMG_7001.jpg

From there we headed over to Everest with our FP's. My MIL and FIL stayed behind with the kids while we went on. I do love this ride, but it makes me a little dizzy! We had extra FP's so my husband and SIL went on again.

We all headed over to Dinoland and went to Dinosaur. Some of us went on, while others stayed back with the kids, and after we all met up. The kids got something quick to eat, and we sat and rested for a bit.

IMG_7013.jpg

We were near a big dinosaur puzzle thing, and there was a CM there to teach my nephew about the different types of fossils. She was really good with him! My nephew is so smart, he pretty much already knew all the different names of the the Dinos.

IMG_7014.jpg

IMG_7015.jpg

We were looking forward to the next Nemo show, so we headed over that way to get in line. Here are more pictures along the way!

IMG_7017.jpg

As we headed into Nemo, we were one of the last few people to get a seat, so we were in the way back. It was OK though, we could still see great! I really enjoyed this show a lot. Although I was bummed that I didn't get to see the Lion King show, I'm glad I was able to see this one! My older nephew liked it pretty good, but he was a bit nervous at some of the scarier parts. I think he just closed his eyes when he didn't want to watch!

We all decided it was time to head back to the hotel. We had lunch reservations at the Garden Grille at 2:40 (Just DH, MIL, FIL and me were planning to go to lunch.) We rested back at the room for awhile and had some rum runners.:)

IMG_7022.jpg

IMG_7019.jpg

We headed out and walked to Epcot at around 1:45. It turned out to be a sunny, perfect day! We snapped some pictures on our walk towards the Garden Grille.

IMG_7028.jpg

IMG_7026.jpg

When we got to the Garden Grille, we checked in and were seated within 5 minutes. I really enjoyed the atmosphere here! My FIL and I decided to share a bottle of wine, and my DH got a beer called Ying Ling. The food was excellent. It was all you can eat steak, turkey, catfish, buscuits, potato casserole and veggies. I highly recommend this place! The experience was different than any other restaurant that I've been to. And of course I loved the characters too! We were greeted by Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale. We were there for about 1 1/2 hours and it didn't quite make it all the way around. Here are a bunch of pics:

IMG_7030-1.jpg

IMG_7044-1.jpg

IMG_7041.jpg

IMG_7047-1.jpg

IMG_7046.jpg

After our late lunch, we headed back to the hotel again. My BIL and SIL were planning to go out to dinner tonight and leave the kids behind with us. Later, we all plan to head back over to Epcot with the kids. Stay tuned!.......

IMG_7054.jpg

That castle cost more than my house!!!:confused3 We paid $32,000 (and that was extra money to do renovations on it!!!) Mind you it was a foreclosure, so we were really lucky! (But they land it is on is worth $20,000..:woohoo: ) Loving you TR so far!! I am at DW right now and I feel your pain about the chips in Mexico....(although, I was lovin' them when I was eating them the other day!!!)

I know, it's ridiculous huh? :confused3 Thanks for reading!

Great update. :thumbsup2 Hoping for more soon... :rolleyes1

Thanks! I will try and update again this week. :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter