A MUCH needed trip...April 15-23, 2008...LOTS of pictures!! **UPDATED 7/27**

I just found your TR and read through the whole thing so far. I'm completely hooked and I love all the pictures. Keep it coming!

Wow! That's a great picture of Tigger. The instructor would have to be extremely good at teaching this for my picture to turn out like yours. Great job!:thumbsup2

The walk to MGM (sorry HS) looks like a nice walk. We always take the boat but I'm hoping to walk at least once this trip.

Can't wait to read about MK.

The sandwiches sound yummy. I really liked the opening show at DHS, but it is rather long.

They were pretty yummy! :)

:goodvibes Great drawing of Tigger!! I will definitely have to try drawing on my next trip.

Yes, you have to try it. I enjoyed it a lot! DH and I actually did it again later on in the week...we got a different character that was much harder to draw. Stay tuned to see which one! :goodvibes

That's a good Tigger sketch. Beer by the pool sounds like heaven right about now.

Thanks! It was heaven. I even took pictures of my beer by the pool with my phone camera and sent them to people at my work. I'm a jerk. :rotfl:

great update and pics.

how long was the walk? I am staying at BCV and was curious to how long the walk was.

From the BCV, the walk to MGM is about 20 minutes and to Epcot it's about 10 minutes. Definitely worth trying at least once! :thumbsup2

Looks like a beautiful walk in the morning.

Great drawing!

Thank you!!

I just found your TR and read through the whole thing so far. I'm completely hooked and I love all the pictures. Keep it coming!

:welcome:

Wow! That's a great picture of Tigger. The instructor would have to be extremely good at teaching this for my picture to turn out like yours. Great job!:thumbsup2

The walk to MGM (sorry HS) looks like a nice walk. We always take the boat but I'm hoping to walk at least once this trip.

Can't wait to read about MK.

Thanks for reading!

Subscribing! Great trip report! :)

Thanks! :)

You are doing a great job with your TR !!:thumbsup2
Next year we are planning on Coral Reef..

Are there more Pic's ??

Wow I can't believe you rode RRC twice:eek: , once was enough for me:sick: , never again:sad2: , great picture of Tigger and what a lovely scene on your walk:flower3:

So after resting back at the room, we made our way down to catch a bus to our first visit to the MK! :cool1: It was a nice afternoon, very sunny but not too hot. When we arrived at about 4:30, we noticed right away it was very crowded. :headache: But that's OK, we're at the MK!! :thumbsup2

We made our way down Main Street and over to Tomorowland. Buzz Lightyear had a 20 minute wait listed, but soon after getting in line we noticed it was going to be WAY longer than 20 minutes! We decided to ditch that and head over to fantasyland. The Haunted Mansion had a 50 minute wait posted. We waited in line, which ended up only being 30 minutes. What is going on with these wait times??? :confused3 I did notice a few of the updates, but DH noticed more...he just knows these rides by heart and has a better memory than me!

From there we went over to Splash Mountain and decided to get a FP, return times for 8:45-9:45pm. We then headed to Thunder Mountain, the 40 minute wait posted was pretty accurate this time, finally! I love Thunder Mountain...it's way better than Space Mountain! A lot of people probably disagree with that, :rolleyes1 but hey, it's just my opinion! :snooty:

After Big Thunder, we went over to Pirates for the new Jack Sparrow add ins! :) They really did a nice job with this. He looked so real!

We were starting to get hungry, so we decided on Pecos Bills for some cheeseburgers and fries. :goodvibes The burgers were yummy, but the fries were definitely McDonald's fries, which aren't my favorite, but they were ok.

Feeling full, we went over to tomorrowland to check out Small World. We waited 20 minutes which I think is the longest I've ever waited for this! At least the ride itself is nice and long, so it's worth it. :) The sun was almost down by now, so it was getting a little chilly out. I was glad i brought my sweatshirt!

We headed back over to tomorrowland to check out Buzz again. 30 minutes posted, and was about right. DH and I always sit in our own carts on the ride. We are very competitive and would probably fight over the controller :rolleyes: I started out strong, but DH beat me in the end with a score of 256,000. I hit about 206,000. Darn! :mad: I hate to lose!! I was sure we would be on again before the end of the trip, so I will beat him next time! :laughing:

It was not completely dark out yet, but the lights were all turning on. We decided it was a perfect time for the People Mover. And besides, my feet were really starting to get tired! :guilty: What a great ride this is! Very relaxing and a nice break. I apologize that I do not have any pictures until this point, but here is one that I took from this ride...It's kind of dark though.

IMG_1277.jpg

When we went through Space Mountain, the ride must have been broken down, because all the lights were on inside! I posted the video on youtube...click below to watch, and don't mind DH and I's dorky comments :rotfl:

CLICK HERE TO SEE SPACE MOUNTAIN WITH THE LIGHTS ON!

It was now time to head over to Splash to use our FP's. On the way there we passed the Swiss Family Tree-house. I don't think I had ever thought twice about what this actually was, but DH suggested we climb to the top. OK, sounds fun! It was kind of scary and dark to do this at night, so I wouldn't suggest bringing kids in here at night, but it was pretty cool, and HIGH UP! Here are some photos:

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

We made our way back down and headed towards Splash Mountain. :cool1: The is DH's favorite ride, he gets pretty excited for this one! We got pretty wet, but I've definitely gotten wetter in the past. I was OK with this b/c it was really starting to get chilly out! We were getting pretty tired, but decided on one more ride on Big Thunder before heading toward the exit.

Now, originally, I wanted to stay for Wishes, but after seeing how crowded it was, we were just dreading the LONG wait in the bus line afterwards. So we decided to head out. Except, we couldn't get out! There was literally so many people, that we just inched our way, very slowly, through the crowds! By the time we got on Main Street, Wishes had started. We continued to walk but weren't getting far! Luckily, about half way down Main Street, the CM's were directing everyone toward the back of Main Street. A secret CM exit! Cool! :cool1: DH was pretty excited about this!! Here are some pics...

IMG_1284.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

We got to the bus stop just as Wishes was ending (thank god!) and saw a bus waiting for the Yacht/Beach club. We took this and walked around to the Boardwalk and arrived back at our room at 10:45. What a long day...wow did my feet hurt!!!

Tomorrow we will be checking out of the BWV and into a 2 bedroom sweet at the BCV, and DH family arrives! :banana: My Sister and family will also be arriving tomorrow for a weekend trip. Can't wait!

You are doing a great job with your TR !!:thumbsup2
Next year we are planning on Coral Reef..

Are there more Pic's ??

Sorry, no more pics! It is nice though. I hope you will like it!

Wow I can't believe you rode RRC twice:eek: , once was enough for me:sick: , never again:sad2: , great picture of Tigger and what a lovely scene on your walk:flower3:

Yeah, I'm not sure how much longer I will be able to do all these rides! As I'm getting older, I do get a bit sick sometimes :rolleyes:

Big Thunder Mountain is way better than Splash Mountain!

We did the Tree House at night too. It's in my next update.

I love the Space Mtn. video.

I love Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, I agree better than space mountain.

Cool to see space mountain with the lights on!

I have not been in the treehouse yet.
Scary at night, Thanks for the tip, will not take my DD up there at night. She scares easy.
My (almost) teen son will love that though!

I agree with you too about Big Thunder Mountain being better than Space Mtn.

Sorry you didn't like the fries at Peco's, but I'm glad you mentioned it. McDonald's type fries are the only ones I like. I usually tell the server no fries cause I just throw them away. And since we've never been to Peco's I would have never known.:thumbsup2

Can't wait to read more.

great update and pics.

big thunder is definitely better than SM.

Really enjoying your report and all the pics! Seeing Space Mountain in the light is weird, looks alot like a rickety little Galaxy coaster we go on in Maine.

It sounds lovely to be able to walk over to Epcot, I'd love to stay at the BC someday!

Allyson

LOL about the comments in that Space Mountain with the lights on video. That's a nifty secret exit you were able to use.

Big Thunder Mountain is way better than Splash Mountain!
We did the Tree House at night too. It's in my next update.
I love the Space Mtn. video.

I'm glad people agree with me! I think you meant Space Mountain, but if you didn't, I actually like Splash better than Thunder. :goodvibes

I love Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, I agree better than space mountain.

Cool to see space mountain with the lights on!

I have not been in the treehouse yet.
Scary at night, Thanks for the tip, will not take my DD up there at night. She scares easy.
My (almost) teen son will love that though!

The treehouse is scary in a way that you feel like you could fall (because it's so dark.) But of course it has high railings on each side! :)

I agree with you too about Big Thunder Mountain being better than Space Mtn.

Sorry you didn't like the fries at Peco's, but I'm glad you mentioned it. McDonald's type fries are the only ones I like. I usually tell the server no fries cause I just throw them away. And since we've never been to Peco's I would have never known.:thumbsup2

Can't wait to read more.

Thanks for agreeing :) I thought I would get some arguments for that statement! McDonald's fries are definitely a love or hate thing. I personally like Burger King fries better, but I know a lot of people disagree :goodvibes

great update and pics.

big thunder is definitely better than SM.

Thanks!

Really enjoying your report and all the pics! Seeing Space Mountain in the light is weird, looks alot like a rickety little Galaxy coaster we go on in Maine.

It sounds lovely to be able to walk over to Epcot, I'd love to stay at the BC someday!

Allyson

Yeah, it does look like a carnival coaster! It feels like it too. So bumpy! The BC/BW area is so nice. We are so lucky to have VC points from DH's parents!

LOL about the comments in that Space Mountain with the lights on video. That's a nifty secret exit you were able to use.

Ha, we are dorky. Glad you laughed :) DH was very excited to use that secret exit!

Cool Space Mt. video

Thanks!

I'm glad people agree with me! I think you meant Space Mountain, but if you didn't, I actually like Splash better than Thunder. :goodvibes

Here's my list:

1. Big Thunder Mountain at WDW
  2. Splash Mountain at DL
  3. Space Mountain at DL
  4. Big Thunder Mountain at DL
  5. Space Mountain WDW- left side
  6. Splash Mountain WDW
  7. Space Mountain WDW- right side

Here's my list:

1. Big Thunder Mountain at WDW
  2. Splash Mountain at DL
  3. Space Mountain at DL
  4. Big Thunder Mountain at DL
  5. Space Mountain WDW- left side
  6. Splash Mountain WDW
  7. Space Mountain WDW- right side

:lmao: You are too funny! That is a very specific list! I have never been to Disneyland. Maybe someday! :rotfl:

Our last morning at BWV, we woke up at 7am. DH went down and got us some cheese croissants and coffee at the Boardwalk Bakery. We packed up, got ready and checked out by 9am.

We made our way over to the BCV to check into a 2 bedroom suite. The room wasn't ready, but we were told it would be by 3pm. :rolleyes: We also had to get our new room keys set up with our 7 day pass we bought a few days ago. There was some confusion at first, something about the person that checked us in not printing ALL the room keys. It screwed everything up and DH was getting upset. :mad: After about 20 minutes, everything was finally straightened out! They gave us a $50 credit to us as an apology. Hey we'll take it! Once the lady was finished, she turned her computer screen around to show us that everything was OK (names of people in room, 7 day passes, etc.) . Kind of weird that she did this b/c we weren't supposed to know our room number yet, but there it was right on the top of the screen, room 451! :woohoo:

We decided to go up to the room to check out the location. We didn't go into the room of course! The location was OK, all the way at the end of the hallway, pretty private. We went downstairs, outside to check it out. We could hear some traffic noise from Epcot Blvd. which was close by. Hmmm, not sure if my MIL will like it. We went down to the front desk to try and change the location, but they said they were completely booked and there was nothing else. Guess we'll have to wait and see if MIL is happy with it!

DH's family was on there way, they should be arriving at around 4pm. We'll be staying with them. My sister and her family will also be arriving today, at around 3pm, and they will be staying over at French Quarter!

So after finding out we couldn't get a different room location, we decided to walk over to MGM for a little while. When we arrived we headed over to Star Tours and got some FP's. From there we went to Muppet Vision, one of our favorites! We noticed at the end of the ride, instead of the cannon coming out of the back wall, it was the Chef with a gun!? I don't think we've seen this before? :confused3 But seriously, isn't this one of the best attractions in DW? :goodvibes

We were getting pretty hungry, and I really wanted to go to Pizza Planet. I got the cheese, DH got the veggie, and we shared a coke. I really enjoy this pizza! DH thinks it's just OK, but I like it. :)

IMG_1290.jpg

With a full tummy we went back over to Star Tours to use our FP's. I know, a great ride to go on after eating, right? Enjoyed this ride, FP's great for this one. I always feel like it takes FOREVER without them.

I then wanted to try another character drawing, so we headed over to Animation. We went into the exit so that we could skip the beginning part. (A good idea if you're short on time and you just want to do the drawing!) We waited for about 15 minutes, and this time we got an actual seats with drawing boards. (The first time we sat in the front row bench and had to draw in our laps with a clipboard.) This time around, the teacher gave us the choice between 3 characters. Stitch, Goofy, or Minnie. I voted for Goofy of course, but Minnie won. :rolleyes: That's OK, Minnie will be fun too! She was actually a LOT harder to draw than Tigger. Here's mine...

Minnie.jpg

I screwed up on the mouth, but the bow looks nice! :goodvibes DH's came out good too, he did good on the face but his bow was not so great. That's OK, a guy doesn't need to know how to draw a bow, right?

From there we went to One Man's Dream. We actually spent some time in here, reading a lot on the walls. Here are some pics...

IMG_1291-1.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1295-1.jpg

IMG_1297-1.jpg

We called the hotel to see if our room was ready...It was, yeay! :banana: It was about 12:30pm and started to head back. We went through a couple of gift shops on our way out, where we saw this...Hahahaha!

IMG_1300-1.jpg

I also took some really pretty pictures at the Dolphin Hotel. The flowers are so pretty! I wish my yard looked like this! :rolleyes:

IMG_1301-1.jpg

IMG_1305-1.jpg

IMG_1302.jpg

IMG_1303.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

I LOVE palm trees! :cloud9:

IMG_1307.jpg

:tink: Up next...pictures of our new room, pictures from the French Quarter hotel and pool, and a walk around the Boardwalk at night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter