A MUCH needed trip...April 15-23, 2008...LOTS of pictures!! **UPDATED 7/27**

Hey, I'm not sure if I've posted on your tr yet but I just wanted to tell you that I have been lurking since before you left for your trip and I am truly enjoying your report.

I was happy to see the report/pictures of Coral Reef; we will be eating there for the first time in Sept I will probably get the blackened Catfish. I will be sure to ask for a table close to the tank. Thanks for the tip.

I can't believe that lady who left her 2 kids in line by themselves. :scared1: I wouldn't even think about leaving my 8 and 5 year old out of my sight especially WDW. I'm not sure if they would let me leave them either.

Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to hear more.

Great update ... I agree that they made a good decision getting rid of the guides on The Land. I really enjoyed the attraction the last time I went there.

I have only been on Mission Space one time, and I didn't like it that time either. We decided to do green that time because our stomachs weren't feeling too good before we rode. We were glad we chose green because the screens made our eyes all crossed and gave us headaches. Maybe the next time I ride, I will enjoy it more like you did.

GREAT TR so far! Please correct me if I'm wrong...but did you not go on Soarin??...maybe i just missed that. Looking forward to DHS...my personal favorites the last time we were there was TOT and Beauty and the Beast...those pink dressed...so beautiful...I felt like a little girl all over again!

Great TR so far!!! It is making me want to tell DD that we are going in Aug, but then again...Do I want to hear, "Are we leaving today?" for the next 3 1/2 months?!:confused3 :scared:

Ha! Nah, don't tell her yet. It will be more exciting to tell her closer to the trip :goodvibes

Great update! The mom leaving her kids in line was weird. :confused3 To bad about missing Kona, that's on my list for next time.

Very weird, yes! DH and I have been to Kona before in the past, and I really enjoyed it. Maybe next time!

Great updates! I'm glad you didn't face very long lines at Epcot - especially with it being so crowded. You must have hit them just right!

I can't believe that mother at Maelstrom! My kids are 4 & 7 and if I ever left them alone in a line I wouldn't expect them to be there when I got back! :scared1: It is a magical place, but come on lady - not that magical!

I know, really. We were both so sickened by it!

Hey, I'm not sure if I've posted on your tr yet but I just wanted to tell you that I have been lurking since before you left for your trip and I am truly enjoying your report.

I was happy to see the report/pictures of Coral Reef; we will be eating there for the first time in Sept I will probably get the blackened Catfish. I will be sure to ask for a table close to the tank. Thanks for the tip.

I can't believe that lady who left her 2 kids in line by themselves. :scared1: I wouldn't even think about leaving my 8 and 5 year old out of my sight especially WDW. I'm not sure if they would let me leave them either.

Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to hear more.

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! Glad you are enjoying my report :)

Great update ... I agree that they made a good decision getting rid of the guides on The Land. I really enjoyed the attraction the last time I went there.

I have only been on Mission Space one time, and I didn't like it that time either. We decided to do green that time because our stomachs weren't feeling too good before we rode. We were glad we chose green because the screens made our eyes all crossed and gave us headaches. Maybe the next time I ride, I will enjoy it more like you did.

Yeah, give it another try. This ride does throw me off a little too after getting off, but I just love the feeling it gives when on it! :goodvibes I've never been on the green side before. I know what you mean with the screen too!

GREAT TR so far! Please correct me if I'm wrong...but did you not go on Soarin??...maybe i just missed that. Looking forward to DHS...my personal favorites the last time we were there was TOT and Beauty and the Beast...those pink dressed...so beautiful...I felt like a little girl all over again!

I didn't go on Soarin. :sad2: The line was always just too long and their were never any fast-passes left. DH went on it later in the week when he went in to Epcot in the morning with his family. I didn't go into the parks that day b/c I was visiting with my sister. I have been on Soarin before back when it first opened. Hopefully next time!

Great trip report. Love all the photos.

Your wedding and wedding photos are beautiful!

My husband went to Norway (in Europe not Epcot) and bought me a sweater. He kept saying he wished he had gotten himself one too. Went to Disney without him this year, and saw the sweaters in the Norway shop. I was so excited, thinking I would buy him one. Then I saw the price tag. :scared1:

I could not believe those prices!!! I didn't get him a sweater. :sad2:

subscribing. Great TR! I am living through all of you are going to the World this year. Our next trip isn't until June '09, but I'm still geeked about it. So far away

That is really weird about the Mother leaving her kids! Wow. Too bad for missing Kona...but, that and Sorain' make a good excuse to go back soon! :goodvibes

Glad you enjoyed Coral Reef. We had dinner there 2 yrs. ago for our 10th Wedding Anniversary. They made us the special menus and it was very nice. We sat back where you sat but we didn't request near the tank either, so no complaints.

Question about Maelstrom in Norway. We never did this one before and we want to see it when we go this summer. Do you have to stay for the movie after the ride? Is there a chance to skip out? I know our kids won't want to sit through a movie about Norway.

Great trip report. Love all the photos.

Your wedding and wedding photos are beautiful!

My husband went to Norway (in Europe not Epcot) and bought me a sweater. He kept saying he wished he had gotten himself one too. Went to Disney without him this year, and saw the sweaters in the Norway shop. I was so excited, thinking I would buy him one. Then I saw the price tag. :scared1:

I could not believe those prices!!! I didn't get him a sweater. :sad2:

I think those sweaters were a bit overpriced. I'm sure they were very nice and all, but you could probably find the same quality for $150-$200 cheaper!!!

Great report! I'm looking forward to the rest.
Katy

Thanks for reading!

Another great day:thumbsup2

Yes, it was a good day :cloud9:

subscribing. Great TR! I am living through all of you are going to the World this year. Our next trip isn't until June '09, but I'm still geeked about it. So far away

June '09, how exciting! It will be here before you know it :goodvibes

That is really weird about the Mother leaving her kids! Wow. Too bad for missing Kona...but, that and Sorain' make a good excuse to go back soon! :goodvibes

That's right! Always a reason to go back again! :rotfl:

Glad you enjoyed Coral Reef. We had dinner there 2 yrs. ago for our 10th Wedding Anniversary. They made us the special menus and it was very nice. We sat back where you sat but we didn't request near the tank either, so no complaints.

Question about Maelstrom in Norway. We never did this one before and we want to see it when we go this summer. Do you have to stay for the movie after the ride? Is there a chance to skip out? I know our kids won't want to sit through a movie about Norway.

No, you don't have to stay for the movie. It's kind of hard to explain, but sometimes when you get off the ride, you can't leave right away. The only way out is through the movie theatre, so if the movie is going on when you get off the ride, the doors are closed and you have to wait for the movie to be over. But when it is over and the doors, you can just walk right through and exit.

Did I confuse you even more?? :laughing:

No, you don't have to stay for the movie. It's kind of hard to explain, but sometimes when you get off the ride, you can't leave right away. The only way out is through the movie theatre, so if the movie is going on when you get off the ride, the doors are closed and you have to wait for the movie to be over. But when it is over and the doors, you can just walk right through and exit.

Did I confuse you even more?? :laughing:

Actually you didn't confuse me and I usually confuse easily.

Thanks for the info.

just found your report and it is great. love all the pics too.

So, we woke up feeling refreshed at around 6:30. DH went for his morning walk while I got ready and ate breakfast (a donut and milk again!) :goodvibes We left at about 8:15 and walked over to MGM. It was a little chilly, but not as bad as yesterday. We could tell it was going to warm up quickly! :cool1:

Here are some pictures from our walk over. Very peaceful! :cloud9:

IMG_1264-1.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1265.jpg

As we stood in line for a 1/2 hour, a CM came up to a family near us in line and picked them to be in the show before the opening of the park. They did a pretty good job! I'll have to say that this show was a little too long. I don't mind the opening show at the MK, but this one just dragged on...past 9am too! :rolleyes:

They finally dropped the ropes and we were off.

IMG_1266-1.jpg

Straight to RRC first, we decided to get a fast pass first, then got in line. Not too long of a wait. The ride was excellent as usual :) We then went over to ToT. The board said 45 minute wait...darn! We get in line and were on the ride in about 8 minutes! :confused3 I mean I'm not complaining or anything, but where in the world did they get 45 minutes from??? :confused: We then decided to grab a fast pass for ToT after getting off, and then we went over to RRC again with our fast passes.

From there we headed over to the Great Movie Ride. We practically walked onto the ride, which was somewhat a bummer because we couldn't watch much of the pre-films in line. I really love this ride, but it was a shame that our tour guide was pretty horrible. His accent was really tough to understand and he reminded me of the teacher from Ferris Bueller's Day Off. A very monotone voice! :sad2:

We then headed over to Animation. I was really looking forward to this, I couldn't wait to try and draw a character! :woohoo: We sat through the beginning show, which I enjoyed. Then we walked through to the drawing room. When we got there, all the tables were full, but there were additional seats in the very front. We had to use a clip board on our laps to draw. Waiting for our instructor to tell us what we were going to draw, I was hoping he would say Goofy, my favorite! But he didn't choose Goofy, we drew Tigger. Not my favorite, but at least Tigger isn't very detailed or hard to draw. Here is mine!

IMG_1272-1.jpg

Now, this is probably the best picture I have ever drawn in my life. I was amazed at how good of a teacher he was! DH did a good job too, but I didn't get a picture of his.

We then headed back over to ToT to use our fast passes, and actually waited longer this time than the first time without fast passes. :confused3

We were starting to get hungry, so we decided to walk back to the room to freshen up, then walked down to the ESPN club. DH thought he saw Fred Savage (you know, from that great show called The Wonder Years?) sitting at a table in the bar, but false alarm, I don't think it was him! :lmao: It did look like him though!

It was pretty crowded, but we saw some people that were getting up to leave, so we took their table. A man came and bused our table but didn't wipe the table down. It was pretty gross. I figured we would ask the waitress to do it when he came over to greet us, but that never happened either! :mad: I think we waited about 10 minutes before we got up and left, and decided to go over to the Boardwalk Bakery for some sandwiches.

Now, I'm hoping that it was the women's first day on the job working the register at the Boardwalk Bakery, because she had no idea what was going on. It took her an extremely long time to ring up 2 sandwiches and 2 drinks. It was painfully slow. :guilty: I don't get it. :confused3 And there was nobody there to help her! Anyways, the sandwiches were actually pretty good! I got a tomato, basil, mozzarella and DH got a Tuna sandwich. (Sorry, no pictures! :rolleyes: )

It was really starting to become a beautiful day, so we then decided to go to the pool. We went back to the room to change and brought down a couple beers with us to the pool. It was a perfect sunny day! :cloud9: We stayed for 1 1/2 hours or so and then decided to head over to the Magic Kingdom after freshening up.

Overall an OK day so far. I feel like I complained a lot in this post, but I promise it gets better! :) The crowds wern't too bad this morning, again it helps a lot to et to the park for opening! When we were leaving MGM, it was really starting to get crowded.

Up next...MK on a beautiful night!

That's a good Tigger sketch. Beer by the pool sounds like heaven right about now.

great update and pics.

how long was the walk? I am staying at BCV and was curious to how long the walk was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter