A month later and we're still full !! ** COMPLETED **

Boardwalk Pizza window

We'd canceled our Spoodles ADR due to the disappointing meal at 'Ohana the previous day.
Since we'd just checked in the Boardwalk we decided not to go back to a park that night & just enjoy the resort. The pizza window is a few steps away from the resort so we went there.

This places has, without a doubt, the best pizza on all WDW property!
They don't look or taste at all like the ones we've had at the food courts - those tasted like cold cardboard.
These were hot and tasty, and had a ton of cheese and pepperoni.
Great deal too as the slices are HUGE and only $3.99!
We both got pepperoni pizza and sat at one of the tables outside, just enjoying the view.

If you're staying at the Boardwalk and need a good bite fast, this is the place to go!

I also made a stop at Sweet Sensations and got a lot of sweets to bring home :

IMG_1873-1.jpg

Pictured above : Goofy's Candy Co. gummy bears, gourmet jelly beans, Mickey & Minnie chocolate coins, Dumbo peanut bars and 7-Dwarves "Fruit Gems", and a bag of several kinds of wrapped candy.

All of this, plus a pecan roll for DM, cost about $24.

This place is Candy Heaven !!!

Nine Dragons

I was a little worried about this one because of the bad reviews.
We had an ADR for dinner but decided to try & walk in for lunch instead. This was no problem at all, at 1pm the place was half empty.

Our server introduced himself a Chen (though his name tag said Victor! :lmao: ) and was very nice.

DM had something I didn't see in online menus. It was shrimp over noodles with stir-fried vegetables & a spicy sauce.
Chen-Victor warned her that it was very spicy but she loves spicy food.

IMG_1877.jpg

She had a Tsing Tao as well (chinese beer).

I had the honey-sesame chicken and loved it. Unlike DM I don't do spicy.
This was tasty but didn't put my mouth on fire - perfect !
The chicken came with white rice.
Portions are big - unless you're very hungry there's no need to order an extra side.

This is not the mall type of Chinese food. My sister's friend is Chinese and her father, who was raised in China, makes us the "real stuff" often enough for us to know the difference.

The food is very tasty and we had good service as well.The restaurant itsef is beautiful, and the incense smell is not overpowering.
I'm really glad we didn't listen to the bad reviews, we'll be back at Nine Dragons!

Sci-Fi

Our ADR was for 12.30 however by 11 we'd ran out of things to do at MGM so we went to Sci-Fi and asked if we could get in early.
We only had to wait about 10mns. Our hostess took us to our car, we were in the "hitch hikers" in the backseat. The front seats were taken by 5 kids (their parents and rest of the family were in the next car). The kids were very well behaved and it wasn't a problem.

Sci-Fi is, surprisingly, very quiet! The movies are funny, especially the commercials. The atmosphere is fun and great especially if, like us, you've never been to a real drive-in theater.

We both got burgers. I asked for onion rings instead of fries, which can be done for a small fee (I think $3). DM asked for hers to be very rare and I asked for mine to ressemble a piece of choal.
They were both done exactly like we asked and were soooo yummy. The onion rings were terrific.

We really enjoyed the old movies and the commercials on the screen, they were so funny and not scary at all.

Sci-Fi was the one and only good surprise we had at MGM that day.

Chef Mickey's

Our ADR was for 11.10AM. We were pleased to see that the food was still being replenished, there was plenty of everything.
It was actually much better than when we were there in January with a 7.50 ADR!

There is sooooooo much to choose from at this buffet. The regular breakfast stuff like eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, pancakes... several kinds of fruits, pastries, bagels, salmon, even treats like brownies and gummy bears!

We were seated in a small room overlooking the lake.The view was pretty but we felt a little "removed" from the action, although the characters came several times.

This was our last ADR and we had a blast!

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2025.jpg

IMG_2030.jpg

Everything POP

We had dinner here on our last night (I know, not exciting but it was raining and we decided not to go back to the parks).

I had the chicken penne alfredo, which I liked a lot when we were at ASMO. It comes with a garlicky breadstick. DM chose the "parmesan crusted chicken" which is the exact same chicken that comes with the penne alfredo except it's served over salad. The breadstick comes with too.
We also had chocolate cake.
Everything was good but DM thought the chicken was too dry.

The funny thing is that it's exactly what we had at the ASMO food court on New Year's Eve last December!!! Do we know how to party or what ? :dance3:

We tried to use our DDE card for this meal but the cashier had no idea what it was and she kept insisting that we couldn't get alcohol (DM got beer) on the DDP. I didn't feel like waiting for her to call her supervisor and it was less than $25 anyway so it didn't really matter.

The next morning we tried to have breakfast there but the food court was a madhouse, not a seat to be found either inside or outside. People were sitting down on the floor in the lobby eating their food.
DM bought granola bars and POP tarts and they came back home with us :)

This completes my dining reviews !!

We were VERY pleased with the DDE. It was easy to use, and allowed us to do mostly TS and still spend less than we would have if we'd bought the DDP (not to mention that since we were doing 3 resorts in 8 days we'd have had to buy 3 sets of tickets in order to use the plan).
The DDE saved us about $80 altogether, so it paid for itself already and we have at least 2 more trips planned for this year. :yay: :yay: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter