• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Mom/Daughter B-day Trip - WWYD?

Tinkaroo

DIS Veteran
I would love suggestions from my DIS friends! :cheer2:

My mom and I will be heading to the GF for a girls' birthday weekend at the end of August. My b-day will occur while we're there (I'll be 28), and my mom's will occur a week after (she'll be 60 - shh, don't tell her I told you!) We have both been to WDW many times, but have never stayed at the GF - we are very excited - a dream come true! :Pinkbounc

So, with 2 female adults, what would you do? We know we'll do Wishes on my b-day night, and plan to do the Fantasmic dinner package on our 2nd (and likely last) night. We also will have some sort of treatment at the spa, but haven't decided what yet. Since we'll both be back in November/December for several days, we do plan on hitting our favorite things at the parks, but also plan on enjoying the GF.

Any suggestions?? I'm almost at a loss of what to plan! :rotfl:

I think I would go for a manicure & pedicure at the spa. And maybe the Luau at Poly?

Lori

My Mom and I are doing the same thing in January! One of the things we have both wanted to do that no one else in our family ever cares to do is afternoon tea @ the GF. Manicures/Pedicures and then afternoon tea, just Mom and me! I hope you have a great trip! princess:

i did it last year for my 28th!!had a great day-breakfast in ohana then all day in mk,wore the birthday badge and had a big fuss made of me.In the evening we had the dinner show at sea world but wish we had stayed in mk.
Next year doing it all again for my 30th.We've planned breakfast in animal kingdom,then all our favourite rides in mk.Maybe evening meal at the crystal palace topped off by spectromagic and wishes.I'm so excited i could burst!! :rotfl:

I would do a princess dinner or lunch or breakfast...go to California Grill....go to see Circ de Soliel......:)

Oh, yes! Do the Afternoon Tea at the GF. DD(23) and did this in January. It was so nice! It was so relaxing and peaceful there, such a nice place to talk.

When I took DD last year for her birthday, we did the Hoop-De-Doo, an Illuminations cruise, and went parasailing. (She only turned 14, but we both had a great time.) Tea at the GF sounds good too.

Hi!

Here's a suggestion......take me along! LOL! I don't take up too much room, and I'm a fun guy to be around.....so how about it?...No? darn!

But seriously, I second the crystal palace suggestion, and watching Wishes is a great idea (don't tell anyone, but when I saw it for the first time last August....I cried...that's right! I cried!LOL!).

Until next time,
John

Hi, John!

I won't tell anyone on you - because I cried, too, the first time I saw it in the park! I think DH thought I had officially lost it at that point...

Keep 'em coming guys - thanks for the input so far! :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter