A Modest Proposal To Replace Tickets And Finger Scans

Cheshire Figment

<font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend
Some of the items many people complain about concern finger scans and also lost tickets. I have a modest proposal which will lay both of these, and other related problems, to rest forever.

Disney will need to revamp all the turnstiles to include RFID readers. All Guests will get an RFID chip implanted in a specific location to be determined, probably at or near the left shoulder would work best. At the time this is done demographic data, to include Name, Address, Birth Date and Telephone number would be recorded. If a debit or credit card is being used that information would also be recorded.

The actual serial number of the chip would be recorded, but for general use each person would be given a fifteen digit number to save. This number would actually be easy to remember as it would consist of four parts. The first three digits would be the Country Code (001 for US/Canada), the next ten is the person’s (family’s) primary telephone number, 14 would be an individual identifier, starting with “1" for the primary user, and the last would be a computed check digit. This number would remain with the person as long as the chip remains implanted, probably for the rest of their life.

Simplest would be people on a package. The RFID Chip would replace the KTTW. It would be used for Park Entry. There would be a reader at the room door to allow them into the room. If a Dining Plan were involved it would be used for that. And of course it would be used for room charges, utilizing the same restrictions currently in use. Next would be others staying in on-property lodging, whether or not is it Disney owned and operated. Initially there might be difficulty involving Day Guests, but these can be worked out.

This would be Park admission tickets. It would also include Special Event tickets such as the hard ticket parties. For EMH it would be simple to scan to see that the people were eligible. And there would be scanners at the Parking Toll Plazas to tell if a person was authorized to park without paying a fee.

Upgrades, Annual Passes, Water Parks, and additional visits would all be tied to these chips. For example, when a person returns for a subsequent visit all that would need to be done is tie the current ticket to the imbedded chip.

This would eliminate all the problems, such as finger scans or reselling of partially used tickets or even misplacing of tickets.

Obviously, many of the details would have to be worked out. How do you handle such things as Youth Groups where the Chaperones want to control the tickets? How do you handle FastPasses? How do you handle one-day only visitors who may never return. But those are just details to be worked on.

you are kidding right? implants? Not my family. But I guess it might be a good idea to some.

modest??? can we put our medical history on it as well?

love it Cheshire!:lmao: Can I get my GAC on it also so I don't have to carry around the card? And my cc/room charge information so I just put my shoulder out to buy things? And of course the DDP would be on it also so we all just go through a scanner at the end of the meal to deduct our credits!

;)

Even though I threw my ticket (AP) away in the Swan garage can 1 month ago, I'll say '' no thanks". Nothing imbedded in me, thank you very much.

Cheshire, I think the forehead would be better. One might have a shoulder injury, or even lose the limb past the shoulder. But an injury where the forehead is lost would probably be such a big injury that no more trips to WDW would be taken. I could be wrong, though.

And now I'm thinking of that bank ad from a couple years ago where the tellers staple things to customers' foreheads...

:rotfl:

Not a bad idea.

Could it also give me a little shock if I haven't visited a park in 12 months as if to say "HEY, where have you been!". :laughing:

I would much prefer some kind of a visible implant so I could have the Disney character design of my choice.

I would much rather see chips in automobiles to automatically give tickets for illegal and erratic driving. Freeing up the police for real work.

Mikeeee

Agreed.

I hate the flippin finger scans. Going into the park used to be a fun event, now it is a pain in the ***.

Hated the idea of them, double-hate the implementation. I hate them even when they work. Just hate 'em.

Not a bad idea.

Could it also give me a little shock if I haven't visited a park in 12 months as if to say "HEY, where have you been!". :laughing:
Hey they could also load the info so they could tell if you bought that refillable mug or just brought your old one from home.:rotfl2:

I can't remember which park it was in, but in Oct. when we entered one park (not sure because we did 4 parks in 2 days, Ack!!), we only had to put the ticket through--no finger scan. maybe it was the MK. (?)

I love this idea! Maybe they can somehow program it to prevent pool hopping, too. Say, someone is staying at Pop Century and tries to sneak into SAB. The instant they go past the gate to get into the pool area, their head explodes because the computer chip realizes they don't belong there.

Bet that would stop the pool hopping! :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter