A Missing Kid Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ginger Renae said:
The comment insinuating that if a parent didn't feel their whole vacation is ruined must not love their child as much as that person was the same but on the opposite viewpoint. Guess that's not "obnoxious and rude" because you agree with her...:rotfl2:

I didn't insinuate anything thank you. I know how I feel about my children. And if you read my post I stated it was MY opinion. However if you don't share the views of the others here then it's full on attack mode. Kind of "obnoxious" IMO. What a great word. It should be used more :-)

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards

It is simply NOT possible for any of the CMs in the club to know where every single child is at any given point when supervising the groups. When you have a 1:25 ratio it's not going to happen in that environment. The kids are not sitting at desks in a well-lit classroom that they were assigned to. These are young kids age 3-12 who move from one activity to another. They don't have to report to the CM in one room of the club to tell them they are going to another room and when they will be back. They simply get up and leave that area. I don't understand how anyone could expect that realistically. If you expect your child to be monitored that closely, then DCL's kid clubs are NOT for you IMO.

Lisavince3 said:
The point many posters are making is that the child was exactly where he or she was supposed to be. Yes, the bracelet should have worked. Yes, they should have found him sooner. Yes, those moments were probably extremely traumatic for the family. Yes, hopefully it will serve as a lesson to DCL so something like this wont happen again. I really don't see it meriting a free cruise. But maybe I'm speaking as one of those parents who must not love their kids as much as you :confused3
And the point I'm making is no matter where the child was found. They didn't know where the child was.

So instead of monetary compensation for another cruise....let's add further insult and offer park passes. Offering them something that allows me the opportunity to spend more money in your establishment is hardly a form of compensation.

Who says they even want to go back?

I didn't insinuate anything thank you. I know how I feel about my children. And if you read my post I stated it was MY opinion. However if you don't share the views of the others here then it's full on attack mode. Kind of "obnoxious" IMO. What a great word. It should be used more :-)

Yeah, you didn't insinuate anything. The several posters that interpreted it that way must be smoking the crack pipe tonight. Shame on them and my apologies. Do I need to put the word sarcasm in parenthesis for it to come across? I can never remember...

Ginger Renae said:
Yep, i would absolutely let my child go back to the club because now I know where their secret sleeping place is...but then, I don't really love my child, so it wouldn't matter if they got lost again. Nothing will ruin my vacation!!! :lmao:

Great for you. My child wouldn't be going back.

Ginger Renae said:
Yeah, you didn't insinuate anything. The several posters that interpreted it that way must be smoking the crack pipe tonight. Shame on them and my apologies. Do I need to put the word sarcasm in parenthesis for it to come across? I can never remember...

Horray for yourself and the other posters that jumped on the bandwagon. Feel better?

Ugh...no bandwagon. We all just happened to think the same thing about your "insinuation" and posted at the same time. Nice try though...:thumbsup2

Ginger Renae said:
Ugh...no bandwagon. We all just happened to think the same thing about your "insinuation" and posted at the same time. Nice try though...:thumbsup2

You're entitled to your opinion as am I. Difference is I'm ok with others having a varying opinion. If you and whoever else would like to think the same thing about what you think I may have "insinuated" then power to you.

I happen to agree with this. How exactly does this ruin your whole trip? Do you spent the remaining two days locked in your stateroom hysterically sobbing over what might have been? If so, your trip probably was ruined. If so you probably need help. And the statement that parents whi some how manage to bounce back after an incident like this without allowing it to ruin the rest of their trip. That somehow they don't love their children "that much" is just beyond comprehension.

Again, I won't judge. People have different life experiences and cope in different manners...negatively or positively.

1) Have you ever searched for a missing child?
2) If so, was the out come a happy event?

I can answer theses questions from my experience

1) yes
2) no.

I didn't know him, but i was on the beach when his body was found. My father attempted to shield me, but I saw, smelled...and heard everything, especially his mother's wail. It's something, you never truly forget. It's in the back of my mind and moves to the pit of my stomach...makes me a bit nauseous when I hear about a missing child.

Is it not true that if this had happened on another cruise line other than Disney, most of the people who have posted would have said this family should have a FULL REFUND and then some....along with maybe firing the club CM's and any number of other things????

Everyone would be saying "I'll NEVER cruise with them." Or "I won't LET my family and friends cruise with them".......

No, it's not true. The rest of my cruise would have been happy because I would be so happy to have my child with me, regardless of which cruise line.

Had the child been found outside of the club, I would have been livid and would not trust the club - regardless of cruise line, but the child was where he was supposed to be. The dad couldn't find him even though he says he looked over the entire club himself.

OK, since this has turned into a verbal war instead of a discussion it is being closed.

MJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter