A mini-report on Spring Break/Easter Week

hedge333

Mouseketeer
When my DH surprised us with a trip for the first week of April, I was worried because I had heard that it was a super crowded time of year and several said we wouldn't get to see/ride anything.
To all of you that may be thinking about that time of year, I can say, "Go for it!!":thumbsup2
My mom, sister, 2 girls (5 and 3), and I were in WDW from 4/2-4/7 and had a great time. We did rope drop everyday, rested for four hours after lunch (except for our Animal Kingdom day), we swam everyday, and then went back to the parks for a few more hours at night and were back in bed by 9:45 at the latest. Everyone rode everything we wanted at least once (the adults strategically used fast pass to ride everything.) We even got 21 autographs including the elusive Rapunzel. Our mornings at the MK we walked onto Dumbo, Whinnie the Pooh, and barnstormer multiple times. It was great!!!!
We stayed at POR and several had told me the bus service there was horrible and the resort too spread out. We had no bus trouble there at all. We had a refurbed room in Alligator Bayou (which I had requested.) The buses were not overly crowded and the walk to and from our room was not too long, in fact it was a nice relaxing walk. We had great service there, too. The girls loved the pool and the boat to DTD. We would stay there again in a second.:goodvibes
Our only negative was that we went to Fort Wilderness to ride the ponies there. One of the ponies got startled and got loose from the person leading the horse on the trail (me) and my 5 year old went on a wild ride that included the horse rearing up and leaving the trail. My 5 yo fell off the horse :scared1:. It was scary but she was fine and Disney was great. They took really good care of us and got us back to our resort quickly. My big girl is fine and is looking forward to trying it again sometime but wants someone else to lead the horse.
SO long story short, Spring Break can be super enjoyable (weather was perfect). You CAN ride all the rides you want if you get there early and rest when the hordes are coming in. POR is awesome!!!!!!!!!!! The buses during the most crowded time of the year were timely and not too crowded. So if you like me, can't go during a less crowded time of the year (I'm a teacher, summer and spring break work best for us). Don't hesitate, you can have a great time during one of the most crowded times of the year.:)

Thanks for posting! I just wanted to add that we were there almost the same dates except we stayed over Easter weekend too. We had a fabulous time -- we did a split stay and both resorts had lots of empty rooms so we were upgraded without asking (WL and BC). We didn't make rope drop each day, but did still get to the parks reasonably early and walked right on several rides except the most popular ones which we got FP's for. We found the crowds very manageable and were suprised. Even during the afternoon hours we got on several rides without waiting long. There was only one park we consistently saw large crowds and that was MK. We were wondering if lots of people had base passes and chose MK as their park. The day we chose AK, we walked right on the safari before lunch and then walked right on kali right after lunch! The "ride" we had to wait a bit for was the bug show, go figure. We waited 20 minutes for that one. In any event, I agree with you that it was an awesome time to go -- weather was fantastic too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter