• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Mickey Bar a day makes everyone happy! Updated 06/07 Dinner at Ohana!

Mmmmm, Kona. So love this place. Sadly I've yet to ever try the Tonga Toast, but it looks amazing. I got the Samoan last time. Sounds like we need to share next time ; )

We certainly could Kari! I am going to try to tear myself away from my beloved Tonga Toast next trip!

After a blissful few hours playing in the wave pool, floating on the lazy river and braving some crazy water slides we were ready for lunch.

The boys and I split this little darling as there is no better lunch on vacation....
image.jpg
Yes, that is a sandpail FULL of ice cream, crushed cookies, whipped cream and sprinkles. Even split between 4 of us, this was a huge amount of ice cream. So yummy!

those eggs and pancakes and everything ...looks amazing...delicious..

After enjoying a full day of fun at Typhoon Lagoon we were happy to hop in the van and head back to the Beach Club. We enjoyed a few nibbles in the lounge and got ready to meet up with some friends from home for drinks around the World Showcase.

First up was the watermelon gin slush from Florida Fresh.
image.jpg
These were yummy and fresh with the watermelon bring the prominent flavour. You couldn't really taste the alcohol at all. They were pricy though at $9.75 each.

We then headed for France for the ultimate in yumminess. Grey Goose slushies all round!!
image.jpg
These didn't last long but they were quite enjoyable during our beautiful view of Illuminations.
image.jpg
As the park was closing, the boys came back from Future World to join us. Of course they were hungry so we headed over to the Boardwalk for some goodies. I didn't take any pics here but all three boys chose hot dogs from Boardwalk to Go which hit the spot. I headed over to Boardwalk Bakery and grabbed a key Lime Tart for DH and I to share. This was creamy and full of lime flavour with a cookie base. While I was in the bakery DH grabbed a margarita from the Boardwalk margarita booth. He chose a lime margaria and good thing he only got one because those babies were strong! We shared this and enjoyed it while watching the juggler entertain. What a great night!!

We were off to Animal Kingdom on another hot, hot day. We enjoyed the Festival of the Lion King show, rode off on the Safari and explored Everest. After all that we were ready for a snack and chose Mickey Pretzels.......image.jpg
This was fresh and hot but VERY salty. Even after brushing off most of the salt we still found it too salty for our tastes. Lots of water accompanied this little snack!

I just wanted to chime in to say we were there that week as well! We're from near Washington DC/Baltimore (closer to Baltimore).

It was so hot that week!

Great report. Thanks for posting.

You're so welcome! It's been lots of fun reliving our trip!

Oh wow that bucket of ice-cream is just immense :goodvibes

Huge and oh so yummy! Best vacation lunch ever!

Best "lunch" ever

If you can't eat ice cream for lunch at Disney, then where can you? :)

those eggs and pancakes and everything ...looks amazing...delicious..

Kona is our favourite spot for breakfast! After reading some other reviews, I am going to try and tear myself away from Tonga Toast next year and try the Samoan.

Wow that is a lot of salt but it's so cute :goodvibes

Thanks for your reviews :)

It was SO cute! I want to try the jalepeno cheese one too!

I just wanted to chime in to say we were there that week as well! We're from near Washington DC/Baltimore (closer to Baltimore).

It was so hot that week!

It was a great week for sure...... we are in southern Ontario and it was such a cold winter! I felt like I finally had a chance to thaw out in the Florida sunshine! We took full advantage of the pool and both waterparks! We visited Washington last year and really enjoyed it......what a lovely city!

We left Animal Kingdom by lunch time and headed to Diwntown Disney as the boys wanted to check out Disney Quest. The three of them headed off happily as we had walkie talkies with us to communicate easily with. The great part of the boys being a little older is that the twins could go in with their bother to supervise as he is almost 15. That meant DH and I had a couple of unexpectedly free hours for a Disney date!

We walked over to Raglan Road and debated sitting on the patio but there was a lot of noise from the construction. We went inside and were quickly seated (no ADR!) at a high top table near the bar. We had a wonderful server named Gerry who was quick to bring the menus over and ask for our drink order. We each chose an icy cold and refreshing beer. A Harp lager with a side of lime cordial for me and a Kilkerny for DH.
image.jpg
image.jpg
These look pretty identical in the glass! I can say that they were icy cold and delicious on such a hot day! Our server brought over the amazing soda bread with the Guiness dipping sauce. I could have made a meal out of this alone. I loved the earthiness of the soda bread paired with sweet dipping sauce.image.jpg
image.jpg
We both chose the Go(at) Figure salad, fresh greens with goat cheese, roasted beets and walnuts. I had mine without nuts as I am very allergic to them. The salads were so good and a perfect, light choice as we were heading to O'hana for dinner! I was so happy with my salad that I just dove into it and completely forgot to take a picture! The boys had burgers and chicken fingers at Disney Quest which they said they really enjoyed. DH and I explored downtown Disney for a bit and enjoyed the time on our own!

RR has always been a winner for us! It has been a few years but I really need to get back over there. Those salads sound amazing!!

RR has always been a winner for us! It has been a few years but I really need to get back over there. Those salads sound amazing!!

I'm already planning dinner there for our trip next March, hopefully right on St. Patrick's Day! The salad was so yummy, I'd love to get the recipe for the dressing they used. Hope you are enjoying your trip!

Sorry ... I'm still drooling over your ice cream lunch.

You and me both! That was so delicious and really there was no better way to top off a perfect day at Typhoon Lagoon! :)

Yeah for unexpected date nights and no ADRs. Sadly I've never done Raglan Road but hoping to eat there on our next trip

Yeah for unexpected date nights and no ADRs. Sadly I've never done Raglan Road but hoping to eat there on our next trip

Yes, we totally took a page out of your book on the no ADR's and it worked so well! I was amazed how many options were available the day of! Raglan Road had a lot of great options for sure.

i cant wait to get there tomorrow to try all this yummy food

Lucky you, you are in the happiest place in the world right now!!!! I hope you have a magical trip and can't wait to hear about your experience!

great review....following along!!

Thank you so much, it's great to have readers who share my love of all things Disney, especially the food! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter