A Message to Julie

mjaclyn

Currently in Wonderland
Hi Julie! I wanted to tell you something about a comment you made on the Ladies Only show. I know you're considering taking Finley to the BBB when she turns 3, but you haven't decided yet...

I have a daughter who is now 6 who has loved princesses since she was a year old. Every time I look at her I can't believe how much she's changing. Her princess room has now become a big girl Hello Kitty room and she's growing out of many of the princess dresses she used to LIVE in when she was younger. She still loves the princesses and loves to dress up, but her interests are widening and I know that it will only be a matter of time before she outgrows it. I have made a promise to myself that as long as my kids are interested in something, we'll do our best to include those things on our trips because one day they are going to wake up and want to do something else. I know I'll be sad when the day comes that my little girl isn't interested in princesses anymore, but until then, I'm going to visit the BBB, go to princess character meals, and stand in long lines to meet Merida and Rapunzel. You just never know how long it's going to last, and their childhood is SO short. IMHO if I were you, I would take full advantage of Finley's love of princesses and enjoy each moment because one day you're going to turn around, she'll be 16 and you'll wonder where the time went. I'll never forget the look on my DD's face when her chair was turned and she saw herself as princess Jasmine (not my choice, BTW...I wanted her to be Cinderella, but she chose fake red hair and a belly shirt) Do the BBB with her! She'll only be 3 once. :-)

That's an awesome post! And, with any luck, Finley will still like princess when she's 16, or 26, or 36. There are several thousand lady runners coming down to Orlando in a few weeks who like princesses!

That's an awesome post! And, with any luck, Finley will still like princess when she's 16, or 26, or 36. There are several thousand lady runners coming down to Orlando in a few weeks who like princesses!

Good point!!! If I could get away with dressing like a princess with my little princess I totally would!! It looks like I'll have to train for a half marathon if I want to do that! princess:

Hi Julie! I wanted to tell you something about a comment you made on the Ladies Only show. I know you're considering taking Finley to the BBB when she turns 3, but you haven't decided yet...

I have a daughter who is now 6 who has loved princesses since she was a year old. Every time I look at her I can't believe how much she's changing. Her princess room has now become a big girl Hello Kitty room and she's growing out of many of the princess dresses she used to LIVE in when she was younger. She still loves the princesses and loves to dress up, but her interests are widening and I know that it will only be a matter of time before she outgrows it. I have made a promise to myself that as long as my kids are interested in something, we'll do our best to include those things on our trips because one day they are going to wake up and want to do something else. I know I'll be sad when the day comes that my little girl isn't interested in princesses anymore, but until then, I'm going to visit the BBB, go to princess character meals, and stand in long lines to meet Merida and Rapunzel. You just never know how long it's going to last, and their childhood is SO short. IMHO if I were you, I would take full advantage of Finley's love of princesses and enjoy each moment because one day you're going to turn around, she'll be 16 and you'll wonder where the time went. I'll never forget the look on my DD's face when her chair was turned and she saw herself as princess Jasmine (not my choice, BTW...I wanted her to be Cinderella, but she chose fake red hair and a belly shirt) Do the BBB with her! She'll only be 3 once. :-)

Thank you for this wonderful advice!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter