A medical question

craftylady

Earning My Ears
We are going to be at DL in late August and I am very allergic to Bees. What I would like to know is will I have problems bringing my allergy kit/epipen into the park since it has a needle? Also what is the first aid station like at Disney? Would they be helpful if.... heaven forbid I am actually stung and in danger of having a serious reaction.

Thanks!

Craftylady

I cannot answer for the park, but I would think for any medical reasons, they cannot deny you entry with the epipen. It would be like asking a diabetic to not take their insulin injection because the needle is not allowed in the park. My father and brother both have to carry one with them everywhere they go, and they have never had a problem. Do you have a medicalert braceletand/or paper with the seriousness of your allergy on it? This may protect you if they ask. But, if you want to be on the safe side, I would call Disney just to be sure.

As for the first aid stations, if you were stung by a bee and had a very serious reaction, they would probably call 911 for you, as they would not have the proper equipment/medication to deal with a serious allergic reaction anyway.

Hopefully, someone else can answer with more information on the epipen getting into the park.

Jo

the eppi pen does not have a exposed needle it is a auto-injecter.so unless you slam it into your leg and press the top the needle part will never be exposed.i don't see a problem with it but i would call guest realtions in the a.m. just to ask, maybe bring a doctors note also? good luck! I think you'll be ok getting into the park with it. have a blast!!!

I've never had trouble bringing my Epipens into Disney parks. Mine are in their plastic tube in my purse. I've never even been asked about them by security and they've looked in my bag.

The First aid station is staffed with RNs. Bring your pens! It's not against the rules since it's medicaly necessesary. There are bees around Disneyland (though in my hundreds of trips, I've never been stung, but there is a first time for everything).

Be prepared. If you have special doctors that must be contacted in case of a medical emergency, have that information writen on your person somewhere (in your wallet is a good place, or on a luggage tag on your back pack, purse, or hip pack). I'm a PCOS patient and am at risk for a rupture (though it's rare). I make sure at least 1 person in my party is aware of my condition, and that I have my Dr.'s number in my cell phone under the title of Emergency Numbers in my phone book (those numbers include my hubby, my parents in case my hubby is not available, and my doctor).

We took my daughter to Disneyland for her 4th birthday. We were standing around waiting for the sword and stone show to start and my daughter got stung by a bee. She started crying and instantly there were 2 security guards at our side. I don't know where they came from. They said we could stay, but really wanted us to go to first aid so they could watch my daughter for signs of a reaction. So they took us to first aid. The first aid station is by no means a hospital, but they do have the RNs working there, and they are helpful.

2 weeks ago we were at DCA and MIL had some heart troubles. We were in a show, and they helped her out of the theater and took her to first aid. Within 15 minutes (probably less) she was in an ambulance on her way to the hospital. I was with FIL and daughter. When we exited the theater they told us what was going on and helped us exit the park. They were even nice enough to return the full rental price of the two electric carts we had rented since we were only there an hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter