A May 2010 PTR: I Got A Job....Let's Go See Mickey!*Update 4/15!!

I like you lists!! I read somewhere on the DIS that Toontown would be open until the Fall. Not sure if anyone really knows though. I'm hoping it's still open when we go--I'd like to get some pics before it closes.

That's quite a list! My only concern is that you have a lot of early morning ADRs (from what I remember reading) & a lot of late night entertainment on your wish list. Will the kids fall asleep in the evening at the parks?

And I think Toon Town is going to be closed by May. :confused3 I'm not positive, but I'm expecting it to be closed by our trip in late April.

Good point! :thumbsup2 Since we'll be traveling just with our family of four this time and we'll have our car, we're planning on going back to the room mid-afternoon for naps. Honestly, though, if we have to skip something, I won't mind. The show and/or the restaurant will (most likely) still be there next year. :goodvibes

Wow...that's quite the list. Would you believe that in 8 trips, we've never seen the Jammin' Jungle Parade at AK? :confused3

I can believe it! The only reason we caught it last year was that we happened to be standing there when it came through. I feel like with the shortened park hours at AK, you really have to plan on watching it in order to catch it because you're usually trying to pack in as much as possible.

I like you lists!! I read somewhere on the DIS that Toontown would be open until the Fall. Not sure if anyone really knows though. I'm hoping it's still open when we go--I'd like to get some pics before it closes.

I'm going to have to hunt down some info. The not knowing is bugging me! :rolleyes1

Good point! :thumbsup2 Since we'll be traveling just with our family of four this time and we'll have our car, we're planning on going back to the room mid-afternoon for naps. Honestly, though, if we have to skip something, I won't mind. The show and/or the restaurant will (most likely) still be there next year. :goodvibes

I think, as long as you have that attitude going into the trip, your plans look great! :thumbsup2

I always have to remind myself that my wish list is just that... a WISH list - we don't have to do everything on the list.

i'm coming along for the ride!! you are hilarious the way you write your updates...you had me laughing!! hehe...and your children are adorable!! good luck with the rest of your planning. i will be there in may also but we're leaving may 3. Have fun!

And I think Toon Town is going to be closed by May. :confused3 I'm not positive, but I'm expecting it to be closed by our trip in late April.

I'm pretty sure it will be closed at some time this year.....I think they would set up new housing for them before they closed their current housing...Otherwise, we'd be seeing a new Minnie and Mickey..Hobo.;)

I always have to remind myself that my wish list is just that... a WISH list - we don't have to do everything on the list.

Exactly!

i'm coming along for the ride!! you are hilarious the way you write your updates...you had me laughing!! hehe...and your children are adorable!! good luck with the rest of your planning. i will be there in may also but we're leaving may 3. Have fun!

:welcome: I'm glad I could add a little laughter to your day! :goodvibes Thank you for the compliment about my kiddos. They are cute...but a handful! :laughing:

OMG- I so need to remember this!!:worship:
Me too!

I'm pretty sure it will be closed at some time this year.....I think they would set up new housing for them before they closed their current housing...Otherwise, we'd be seeing a new Minnie and Mickey..Hobo.;)

:lmao: That would be....interesting!

I like your plans. I don't get detailed with our plans anymore because my crew never wants to follow them :confused3. I make ADRs and hotel reservations and that is about it. Dale likes certain things and I like others. I'm not crazy about roller coasters, but I will ride BTM. Dallas and I did the Tree house 3 years ago, and I swore if I got down I would NEVER go back up there again. I am terrified of heights and I wasn't paying attention to how high up I was UNTIL it was too late :scared1: :lmao:.

Shopping!

One of my favorite parts of trip planning is shopping. Who would have guessed, right? :lmao: My IL's watched Dakoda today and Darren, Sarah Kate, and I went to Knoxville. We had such a wonderful day! Sometimes I feel guilty because I feel like Dakoda gets so much of our attention (due to his diagnosis and the issues associated with that) and it's not fair to Sarah Kate. So it was nice for us to have a day where we could both focus solely on our baby girl. :goodvibes I could tell that she really enjoyed it, too. She is always a happy baby, but today she was just super smiley and giggling and squealing all day.

Here is a picture of her at lunch at Sakura, a Japanese steakhouse:
DSCN6371.jpg

We went to a lot of different places today, but I won't bore you with all the details. I know what you really want to see is the goods from The Disney Store. :thumbsup2

They were having the Perfectly Princess Party (rescheduled from last week due to the snow), and it was SO fun to see all the little girls dressed up in their Princess best and enjoying the festivities! I cannot WAIT until SK is old enough to enjoy doing things like that! :lovestruc

It is like pulling teeth to get Darren to go in there with me, but once we're there he is the one wanting to buy everything. I had wanted to go in there to pre-order The Princess and the Frog and wasn't intending on buying anything else, but we walked out with a lot more. (Not that I'm complaining!! :rotfl:) The kids graphic tees were 3 for $20, so we got Dakoda 3 shirts. They were all too big for Sarah Kate, so we decided to just let her pick something out. First she went for a Belle doll (the one that is kind of like a Barbie). She went nuts when she saw it. She was kicking and laughing and trying to jump out of my arms to try to get to it. I got it down for her and she hugged it sooo tight and said "Awww". It was so cute!! :cutie:

We got in line (which was forever long, I'm guessing because of the Party) and Darren said that he would stand there with the stroller and merchandise if I wanted to walk around with SK. She refused to let go of Belle, so we took her with us. Well, they had this display of plush Alice and the White Rabbit, and I guess we had missed it when we walked through the store the first time. When Sarah Kate saw Alice, she squealed SO LOUD! She dropped Belle so fast I barely had time to catch her before she hit the floor and grabbed up Alice and started loving on her. I tried to show her Belle to make sure, and she was having none of it. So Alice it was! And since they were having Buy One Get One Free on all plush, I picked up a Patch for Dakoda. (101 Dalmations is his current favorite movie.)

We got back to Darren just as he was getting up to the cash register. I gave him Alice and Patch and reminded him to order the movie. He had seen a display of reusable totes and wanted to get one for each of the kids to put their birthday gifts in this year, so he told me which ones and I grabbed them really fast before we got to the register. Then I took Sarah Kate and the stroller out into the mall while he paid since it was so crowded in there.

Here is the picture of our loot from today.
DSCN6381.jpg

He did remember to order the movie. :thumbsup2

DSCN6382.jpg

And there was something else in the bag.
DSCN6383.jpg

DSCN6384.jpg

These four lithograph prints were the free gift with the movie pre-order!
DSCN6385.jpg

I think they are so beautiful, and I want to frame them and hang them in Sarah Kate's room! The only problem is - they are 10x14 and I have no idea where to find frames that size. :confused3 I've checked Walmart, Target, and Michaels with no luck. So if anyone has any ideas, please let me know!

Anyway, I do have to share a picture of our purchase from one other stop - Alumni Hall - because I know I've got some
VOL fans on here! And besides - I plan to wear this shirt at Disney world, so it counts as "trip shopping," right? :rotfl:

DSCN6379.jpg

Dakoda had a great day with his grandparents and was very excited to see us when we got home.

Here he is playing in the clean clothes. :rolleyes1
DSCN6387.jpg

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful weekend! :goodvibes

Next installment

I like your plans. I don't get detailed with our plans anymore because my crew never wants to follow them :confused3. I make ADRs and hotel reservations and that is about it. Dale likes certain things and I like others. I'm not crazy about roller coasters, but I will ride BTM. Dallas and I did the Tree house 3 years ago, and I swore if I got down I would NEVER go back up there again. I am terrified of heights and I wasn't paying attention to how high up I was UNTIL it was too late :scared1: :lmao:.

I figure I've only got a good 5 or 6 more years before I start getting vetoed on my plans, so I'll enjoy it till then. :lmao: I didn't realize the tree house was really high up! In that case, I will probably just stay down on the ground with the kids and let Darren explore since he's the one that wants to see it.

Oh! I forgot to mention that when we got back to MIL's house, she was on the phone with DSIL Kristy (who went to Disney with us last fall). I don't know if I mentioned it on my TR, but she is currently expecting their first baby and they found out last week that IT'S A BOY!!! Very exciting! :)

GREAT update!! We took the girls to the Perfect Princess Party today, too!! (update in my PTR) They had sooo much fun! I love all of your Disney buys!! I bought 2 of the Alice plushes for the girl's Easter baskets. I also preordered the Princess and the Frog DVD but I didn't get the lithographs when I preordered. I was guessing that I got them when I picked up the movie?! Maybe I better call and ask!

Hi! I just found your PTR! We have very similar DSs, mine is obsessed with Aladin right now but he's terrified of the lion when he comes out of the sand. Doesn't keep him from watching it 3times a day! He also love Oso (which I don't get) and is watching MMCH right now!

That's awesome about your PIN code. I got the one for reduced rates only to June. But I think I'll go check right now to see if I misread the dates! :)

GREAT update!! We took the girls to the Perfect Princess Party today, too!! (update in my PTR) They had sooo much fun! I love all of your Disney buys!! I bought 2 of the Alice plushes for the girl's Easter baskets. I also preordered the Princess and the Frog DVD but I didn't get the lithographs when I preordered. I was guessing that I got them when I picked up the movie?! Maybe I better call and ask!

I love the pictures in your PTR! It looked like your girls were having SO much fun! I am so glad that they are starting to have these events at the stores! Good idea to start buying for Easter baskets! I may have to go do some online shopping. ;) :rotfl: I would probably call about the lithographs. They're so pretty!

awww so glad you went shopping and had a great day with SK! she's so cute!! Seeing your merchandise makes me want to go shopping for disney things now!!

Hi! I just found your PTR! We have very similar DSs, mine is obsessed with Aladin right now but he's terrified of the lion when he comes out of the sand. Doesn't keep him from watching it 3times a day! He also love Oso (which I don't get) and is watching MMCH right now!

That's awesome about your PIN code. I got the one for reduced rates only to June. But I think I'll go check right now to see if I misread the dates! :)

:welcome: I'm glad you found me! :goodvibes That's cool that our DS's are so much alike! Sounds like (from your TR) they're near the same ages. I'm going to go check out your December TR and dream. :rotfl: I hope the dateson your PIN are the extended ones!!

awww so glad you went shopping and had a great day with SK! she's so cute!! Seeing your merchandise makes me want to go shopping for disney things now!!

Thanks! :cutie: Do it! I just spent the past hour on the Disney Store website and spent another $85. DISNEY GETS ALL OF MY MONEY!!! :lmao:

Cute goods from your DisneyStore shopping---love those shirts you got for Dakoda. :)

I've been doing some Disney shopping lately, as well........:rolleyes1

Hello! :wave2: I am new to your PTR--yay for going to Disney this year!! :goodvibes We did not get the pin code everyone raved about but we are still hoping for something to be released when we go in September this year. Your list reminds me of the ones I have been posting on my PTR!! :thumbsup2

Love the pictures of Dakoda and Sarah Kate--too cute!! Great items from the Disney Store!!

Love the stuff you got at the Disney Store!
The plush Alice is too cute

Cute goods from your DisneyStore shopping---love those shirts you got for Dakoda. :)

Thanks! :goodvibes

I've been doing some Disney shopping lately, as well........:rolleyes1

Hmm...I may have heard that somewhere. ;)

Hello! :wave2: I am new to your PTR--yay for going to Disney this year!! :goodvibes We did not get the pin code everyone raved about but we are still hoping for something to be released when we go in September this year. Your list reminds me of the ones I have been posting on my PTR!! :thumbsup2

Love the pictures of Dakoda and Sarah Kate--too cute!! Great items from the Disney Store!!

Hi! I think I already said "Welcome" over on my TR, but I'll say it again.:welcome: I haven't had a chance to check out your PTR yet, but I subscribed so I won't forget to when I find some free time. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter