A Magic Shake

We were on the "6" night Magic cruise as well and we thought it was pretty rocky from the start. Our coffees at Palo were challenging to drink. My favorite guy at Cove Cafe had always gaven me lids to my drinks even I was "drinking" - in. My special coffees that our assistant server had created for me had three layers and the darker part was alwasy rocking and it was always a pretty sight.

Our state room on deck 2 was making squeaking noise like we were on an acient boat (it did not bother us) the whole time until Friday.

Yes, we did see the crew going in the water with heavey duty scuba gear.

Our kids seemed to be OK, but one says he still feels the rock.

Our table mate who did PC said her cruise was really smooth and so was our Mexican cruise in 2008. So I thought it was either caused by weather or just a carribean cruise thing.

Our room was squeaking like crazy too! So that is what was causing that noise! I just thought we were unlucky and got a noisy room. We had to sleep with ear plugs all 6 nights!

I would be interested in reading others reviews of the cruise. We had some interesting experiences from our trip, not just with the delay.

Well I wasn't on the Magic, I'll be going on it March 6th and I can tell you unless something is really out of whack on the Magic I would prob not notice at all. That means we would prob have to be sinking for me to notice:lmao:

Me too:lmao: Im used to the North sea, so what I think is normal, may not be to thers:goodvibes

We were on the extended trip and on Dec 2, midship. The last night we heard a rattling noise... like a cart of dishes being pushed down the hall that we hadn't heard previous nights. I also felt like I was on a horse when I was sleeping, it was almost bumpy. Having never cruised before I didn't know if it was because of damage (as I said previously we were told props were damaged) or rough seas.... maybe it was a combo of the two. Now that I am hearing about the divers, I am leaning towards some truth to the rumours of damage to the props.

We were also on the 6 day cruise - my first Disney cruise (my first cruise was carnival 25 years ago)

The first evening both my dd and I were nauseated - we were both using the seabands and ended up taking dramamine. After that evening we were both fine. Everyone else with us were fine (we had 9 total on the cruise).

There was a definite "rocking/shaking" from side to side. Our cabin was on deck 6, port side, aft. The one thing the rocking/shaking did was keep my DH from snoring - so for that I'm thankful.

DH and I saw a diver in the water at CC - other than that we didn't see anything.

Well folks from the cruise following the shortened 6-day cruise well be getting home today. Hopefully we'll hear from them and it will be reassuring for those with a future sailing!

We are just off the Magic and never noticed any extra rocking, noise , rumbling, juddering, etc around the ship apart from in our cabin which was 5650, occasionally and on docking, but we were expecting that. Even in the aft restaurants all was fine. We have certainly had rougher seas with more trouble walking etc on previous cruises.

We have seen divers on previous cruises at Port Canaveral and did see one this time at Cozumel.

Only negative we had was that it was freezing in the corridors, cinema and Animators Palate!!!!! :eek::eek: Anyone going soon do take cover ups!!

We were on the 6 day Magic cruise. There was definitely a rhythmic, side to side "shimmy" at the rear of the ship. I spoke to a passenger who's an airline pilot and got a very rare tour of the bridge. He said the first officer told him that during the attempt to leave Castaway Cay they had bent a propeller blade. The first officer said that ever since then, they'd been experimenting with different RPM's to try to minimize the vibration. During our dinner in animator's pallet, the whole room was shaking. Since it was our first time on the ship, we didn't know this was unusual. I ran the bent propeller blade story past our servers and they claimed to know nothing about it, they said the ship "always shakes like this."

Just off the 2/20 cruise and our room did have a lot of noise (rattling, etc). My friend said the same thing, too, about the noise.

Lots of rocking back and forth on the ship. I just attributed it to the poor weather though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter