A Long Vacation Just Got Longer!

DVCLiz

<font color=00cc00>That's me - proud defender of t
DD18, DD13 and I are two weeks out from our mega-WDW summer vacation. 3nights at Sea World, 5 nights at BCV (2BR), 2 nights at Universal, and 4 nights at VWL(1BR). For a couple of reasons having to do with DD18's plans with her boyfriend's family and their plans to meet up with my exDH for a week at the beach, we now "need" to stay in Florida an extra 3 nights.

YIPPEE! I have 100 AKV points left in this Use Year, and we are not planning to return to WDW until next year, so I can use these points as I wish.

If you had 3 nights and 100 AKV poionts, what would you do? As I said above, we'll already have had several nights at both the BCV and the VWL, our two favorites. I don't mind borrowing a few points if they are needed, but don't want to use all of next year's points on this little extra, either. On the other hand, I could always bank some if we don't use exactly 100, either. But I don't want to be stingy with them - we already are using 100 developer's points on this trip that were "extras", too.

How about it, planners - what would you do???:goodvibes

Oops, forgot to add important info!!! The 3 nights are a Thursday, Friday and Saturday!!!!!

Since you are only two weeks out, availability may be your biggest problem. Call MS and see what's available. You might also consider one of the deluxe resorts - ever have a desire to stay at the Poly or even the GF? Again (and especially because weekends are popular at the "regular" resorts), you may have availability problems.

Good luck!

Since you are only two weeks out, availability may be your biggest problem. Call MS and see what's available. You might also consider one of the deluxe resorts - ever have a desire to stay at the Poly or even the GF? Again (and especially because weekends are popular at the "regular" resorts), you may have availability problems.

Good luck!

Yes, I thought about that - and, of course, MS is closed so I can't call (I think they are having computer problems.)

We would be glad to stay anywhere -after all, if you're moving 4 times, what's once more??!!:rotfl: Oh, and DD18 will only be with us the first extra night, so DD13 and I can go anywhere and do anything for Friday and Saturday - as long as it doesn't cost actual cash. I'd hate to spend money when we have these DVC points ready to use!!!

We stayed at the Poly last year and liked it very much, and we had a weekend at the GF once, too. We've never stayed at the Contemporary - it's my least favorite, but it might be time to try that.

Hmm, I'll have to go see where I put my book and what the points are for other resorts.

Ideally, I'd like to try a concierge room at the AKV, but I'm sure they aren't available at this late date.

Well, no rooms at the AKV, which I suspected, so I extended our 1 BR at VWL for 3 extra nights, using 150 points borrowed from next year. I ended up not being able to use my AKV points, which I should have remembered about, because my unit isn't officially on-line yet. Not to worry - I'll bank those points into next year. WDW, here we come!!!

DD18, DD13 and I are two weeks out from our mega-WDW summer vacation. 3nights at Sea World, 5 nights at BCV (2BR), 2 nights at Universal, and 4 nights at VWL(1BR). For a couple of reasons having to do with DD18's plans with her boyfriend's family and their plans to meet up with my exDH for a week at the beach, we now "need" to stay in Florida an extra 3 nights.

YIPPEE! I have 100 AKV points left in this Use Year, and we are not planning to return to WDW until next year, so I can use these points as I wish.

If you had 3 nights and 100 AKV poionts, what would you do? As I said above, we'll already have had several nights at both the BCV and the VWL, our two favorites. I don't mind borrowing a few points if they are needed, but don't want to use all of next year's points on this little extra, either. On the other hand, I could always bank some if we don't use exactly 100, either. But I don't want to be stingy with them - we already are using 100 developer's points on this trip that were "extras", too.

How about it, planners - what would you do???:goodvibes

Oops, forgot to add important info!!! The 3 nights are a Thursday, Friday and Saturday!!!!!

Just the two of you? Easy, Disney cruise!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter