• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Long Awaited (9 years!) Disney Return, this time with kids of my own!

I've only seen the pictures of the upgrades, but I think I can safely say AWESOME JOB UNCLE D! :thumbsup2

Dito, but it does look cool, doesn't it? I'll have to make a point to stop by this next trip.

Tell me about it! When people comment "You should just move to Florida!" I grin and get all tingly, but then wonder what that would actually be like. Living right there by the World. Especially in the Orlando area. Would it take away from the magic? I don't know. But it does make a feller go hmmmmmm.

I wonder about that, too. I kind of like all the production that goes into traveling clear across the globe to get our Disney fix. The price tag, on the other hand, could stand to go down a bit. But I'm not complaining. For Disney, you just suck it up and shell it out. It's not like it isn't worth it.

Well, it took me several days longer than I expected, but I'm all caught up. I even went back and read the "old" part. And, this may come across as a bit lop-sided, but please know that I mean it only in the most positive and complimentary way: I can tell a difference in your writing style between last year's entries and this year's entries. The old entries were great, but the new ones are even more well-written and entertaining. And, if you ask me, that's quite a feat considering you're working from memories that must be a bit dusty by now!! Way to go, girl! You are a gifted story teller and I am anxious to read more! :)

“And now, on behalf of Walt Disney World, the place where dreams come true, we welcome all of you to Epcot and World Showcase. We gather here tonight as people of all lands have gathered for thousands and thousands of years before us to share the night and to share a story, an amazing story as old as time itself, yet still being written. And though each of us has our own individual stories to tell, a true adventure emerges, but we bring them all to gather as one. We hope you enjoy our story, tonight: Reflections of Earth. ::Whoo::”

I just love that part when he "blows out" the torches. Seriously. Gives me goosebumps!

Well, it took me several days longer than I expected, but I'm all caught up. I even went back and read the "old" part. And, this may come across as a bit lop-sided, but please know that I mean it only in the most positive and complimentary way: I can tell a difference in your writing style between last year's entries and this year's entries. The old enteries were great, but the new ones are even more well-written and entertaining. And, if you ask me, that's quite a feat considering you're working from memories that must be a bit dusty by now!! Way to go, girl! You are a gifted story teller and I am anxious to read more! :)

Thank you! I kept good notes, for which I'm grateful. Also my mom did an excellent job video documenting the trip, and Snow White (my two year old) still watches it a couple times a week. That's down from a couple times a day for the first several months after our return. Anyway, I'm so glad you're enjoying it. I will try to update soon!

I just love that part when he "blows out" the torches. Seriously. Gives me goosebumps!

I know, I just had to include the whole speech because it's just so cool. Deffinitely gives goose bumps.

Well, it took me several days longer than I expected, but I'm all caught up. I even went back and read the "old" part. And, this may come across as a bit lop-sided, but please know that I mean it only in the most positive and complimentary way: I can tell a difference in your writing style between last year's entries and this year's entries. The old enteries were great, but the new ones are even more well-written and entertaining. And, if you ask me, that's quite a feat considering you're working from memories that must be a bit dusty by now!! Way to go, girl! You are a gifted story teller and I am anxious to read more! :)
You raise and excellent point. I need to go back and read the prior installments!

I also followed over from Great Biscuits TR (geez that guy should just cut it short already, he's so long winded. Maybe spend a little more time with his kids :rolleyes: JUST KIDDING GB - had to throw in some good natured ribbing here since I refrained per your request from doing it on your TR :hippie: peace and love man)

I LOVE YOUR writing style and TR! You have a witty and dry sense of humor, which just so happens to be my favorite :happytv: I read the old and the new, and you must finish so as not to disappoint me :wizard: We are also going in January - what are your trip dates? We'll be there the 23-30!

Also we rode the Nemo ride too and were SO disappointed. Super boring. I plan to skip the entire thing in January. We've seen Crush twice, so we are bypassing Nemo/Crush/aquarium.

I also followed over from Great Biscuits TR (geez that guy should just cut it short already, he's so long winded. Maybe spend a little more time with his kids :rolleyes: JUST KIDDING GB - had to throw in some good natured ribbing here since I refrained per your request from doing it on your TR :hippie: peace and love man)

I LOVE YOUR writing style and TR! You have a witty and dry sense of humor, which just so happens to be my favorite :happytv: I read the old and the new, and you must finish so as not to disappoint me :wizard: We are also going in January - what are your trip dates? We'll be there the 23-30!

Also we rode the Nemo ride too and were SO disappointed. Super boring. I plan to skip the entire thing in January. We've seen Crush twice, so we are bypassing Nemo/Crush/aquarium.

Haha, love the good-natured ribbing. I'm sure GB doesn't mind. You're right, we can get it in somewhere, can't we?
Thanks so much for the compliments! I'm very much enjoying reliving these experiences, even a year later.
We'll be in the World early January, the 7th-14th. We're going for my dad's big 50th, which is on the 13th (but we'll be celebrating all week, of course).

At this point in the evening, it was getting cold. That wasn’t about to stop us, though. Extra Magic Hours were just beginning, so while everyone else around us bee-lined for the exit, we took a leisurely stroll over to the Winnie the Pooh ride. I really like this ride. It’s very cute. Especially the bouncing with Tigger part. It is unfortunate it had to replace Mr. Toad, though. In a perfect world they could live harmoniously side by side. Alas, the world is not perfect.

P1030386-1.jpg

Snow White takes the Winnie the Pooh ride very seriously.

After Winnie the Pooh, we meandered over to Toon Town. We’re not huge fans of this section of the park, but we hadn’t visited it, yet, and it’s a kid-pleaser. Also, it has Barnstormer, the one rollercoaster we knew both Dash and Auntie Cinderella could ride. Auntie Cinderella was both excited and apprehensive about this one. It was walk on, though, so she didn’t have too much time to bite her nails over it. Which is good, because she loved it. And I mean loooved it. She was so proud of herself for riding a “real” rollercoaster. It was so cute. And of course she wanted to ride it again. So we did. This time Donald traded in because he was walking the grounds with little Snow White while we rode the first time.

Auntie Cinderella wanted to ride a third time, but Dad decided it would be a good time to meet Mickey, since it was, after all, EMH. We agreed, and let ourselves in to Mickey’s house. Didn’t even have to knock. We’re on that friendly of terms. Mickey’s house was fun, but we were disappointed to find that the line to meet Mickey was still ungodly, even at this time of night. We passed on by and intruded Minnie’s house, next. The girls loved Minnie’s house and spent a good deal of time playing in her Kitchen. Luckily, there were some large plastic chairs in the next room over, so we made ourselves comfortable. Here’s a blurry picture of Minnie’s gazebo:

P1030394-1.jpg

I include this very bad picture because it’s one of only three that we took of this evening

Upon exiting Minnie’s house, there was a playground beckoning the kids, and a hot chocolate stand beckoning me. This night was officially cold. And since we were packing for Florida, I didn’t bring a sweater. It’s hard, from Alaska, to think, “we’re going to Florida, don’t forget your sweater!” I felt like I was coming down with something, too, which made me all the more irritable. On top of that, the hot chocolate was watery and expensive. I would have done many terrible things for a Mocha, at this point, but I wasn’t about to shell over any amount of cash for a Nescafe. So, I guess what I’m trying to say is, I wasn’t feeling the magic so much, this night. Our little Alaskan children, however, were having the time of their life. So, I snuggled in on a bench with my watery hot chocolate, and tried to grin and bare it.

P1030397-1.jpg

Here’s a dark blurry picture of them having fun at the playground.

The kids played for quite some time around the playground and Donald’s boat. This may have been one of their favorite nights. When they had there fill of the play area (or maybe after we dragged them off), they were ready to ride Barnstormer again. So we did. And then we rode it again. And then again. And finally, at this point, Extra Magic Hours were finally coming to a close. We gathered together and trudged (some of us skipped, but I won’t name names) on out toward Main Street. Before we could leave, though, there was one more glimmer that caught our eye: the Main Street Bakery. We were all a little rumbly in the tumbly, to quote my good friend Pooh, so we decided to make one last stop before ending the night. We got a couple cookies to share (those were some honking cookies!), and miraculously found some tables to fit us around. Only in EMH would this be possible at the Main Street Bakery. Even this late at night, it was a little crowded.

I was feeling a little better after the cookie (funny how cookies can do that), but the restaurant was air conditioned, and it was still very cold outside. I knew we were homeward bound, at this point, though (er, hotel-room-bound), so that took the edge off a little. Plus, right when we were exiting the bakery, Cinderella’s Castle was doing it’s goodnight shimmery thingy. That was very pretty to stand and watch on a mostly empty Main Street. And finally, we headed for the exit.

My mother and I were both huddled together shivering (she’s a whimp, too), as we passed through the exit. A friendly CM giggled that we were so cold. She asked us where we were from, and we sheepishly answered, “Alaska”. I think she thought we were joking.

And that, my readers (which I finally now have!), is the end of this day’s installment. The next day is another Hollywood Studios day, this time just us. Which was rather nice.

I can't believe this update has been here for two days and I only just noticed it. I don't like how my "unread" indicators disappear just because I logged in, whether I read anything or not... :sad2: On the other hand, I sure am glad that I checked anyway. I was tickled to have a new update! :yay:

This night was officially cold. And since we were packing for Florida, I didn’t bring a sweater. It’s hard, from Alaska, to think, “we’re going to Florida, don’t forget your sweater!”
We had a night like that at MK once in December. I had long sleeves but there was a cold front that evening and I was unexpectedly FREEZING! In Florida (much like here in Texas), you just don't know what to expect from one minute to the next during the winter months. Which makes packing a real challenge - you have to take everything! Now, if you go to WDW in the summer, well, total no brainer - wear as little as you can without getting arrested or frightening the small children. :rolleyes:

On top of that, the hot chocolate was watery and expensive.
I had never had hot chocolate at WDW until we did MVMCP and there was "free" hot chocolate and sugar cookies for everyone. Waited in line FOREVER and the hot chocolate was just as you described it. Awful! But, the cookie was good. I thought I deserved another cookie because the hot chocolate was so bad, but I wasn't about to wait in that line again!

Can't wait all about your DHS day. popcorn::

I can't believe this update has been here for two days and I only just noticed it. I don't like how my "unread" indicators disappear just because I logged in, whether I read anything or not... :sad2: On the other hand, I sure am glad that I checked anyway. I was tickled to have a new update! :yay:

I'm glad you did, too! I just got readers, and then it seemed like I'd lost htem again, already.:rotfl:

We had a night like that at MK once in December. I had long sleeves but there was a cold front that evening and I was unexpectedly FREEZING! In Florida (much like here in Texas), you just don't know what to expect from one minute to the next during the winter months. Which makes packing a real challenge - you have to take everything! Now, if you go to WDW in the summer, well, total no brainer - wear as little as you can without getting arrested or frightening the small children. :rolleyes:

This was in October, so the cold was totally enuxpected for me. My uncles said it was very cold for Florida weather. And this was right before they had that very very cold winter, last year. So the weather must have already started to drop in October a little. Most of the time we were there it wasn't that cold, even though my uncles still called it cold. They thought we were pretty crazy to be swimming so much. But some of the nighttime temperatures felt like they dropped failry low.

I had never had hot chocolate at WDW until we did MVMCP and there was "free" hot chocolate and sugar cookies for everyone. Waited in line FOREVER and the hot chocolate was just as you described it. Awful! But, the cookie was good. I thought I deserved another cookie because the hot chocolate was so bad, but I wasn't about to wait in that line again!

That's disappointing to hear about the MVMCP hot chocolate. We haven't gotten to go the an MVMCP, yet, and I though that sounded so neat that they had cookies and hot chocolate. That stinks that the lines are long and the hot chocolate is watery, though. That stinks a lot. I'll have to remember to pack my own hot chocolate packets to add in, if we ever go.

Can't wait all about your DHS day. popcorn::

I can't wait to share it. This was an awesome day for Dash. He was so cute. Deffinitely one of the highlights of the trip for him. I don't want to spoil it, though, so I won't say why, just yet.

Whew! This was a long and busy day. But sounds like a day of fun that was had by all. :cloud9:
Good installment, I love reading your style of writting, it's so easy to follow and fun to see what witty coments you'll add in when least expected. For someone your age, your always surprising me with your vast knowledge. ;) It shows your a very well rounded gal.
Can't wait for the next!! :banana: Oh btw, your baby girl is so precious, I love the look on her face when she's about to ride the Pooh Ride. Seriously cute.

It was a very full day! This also might be part of the reason why I was kind of irritable, that night. At any rate, you're right, we still all had fun. I don't mean to sound like a party-pooper whining about the cold and all that. Even the woes in Disney World are far less woeful than real life. At least, in my experience.

Thanks so much for the kind words, especially those about my baby girl:cloud9:. I am a proud mama.

Whew! This was a long and busy day. But sounds like a day of fun that was had by all. :cloud9:
Good installment, I love reading your style of writting, it's so easy to follow and fun to see what witty coments you'll add in when least expected. For someone your age, your always surprising me with your vast knowledge. ;) It shows your a very well rounded gal.
Can't wait for the next!! :banana: Oh btw, your baby girl is so precious, I love the look on her face when she's about to ride the Pooh Ride. Seriously cute.

It is unfortunate it had to replace Mr. Toad, though. In a perfect world they could live harmoniously side by side. Alas, the world is not perfect.
How true. How very, very true.

I felt like I was coming down with something, too, which made me all the more irritable. On top of that, the hot chocolate was watery and expensive. I would have done many terrible things for a Mocha, at this point, but I wasn’t about to shell over any amount of cash for a Nescafe. So, I guess what I’m trying to say is, I wasn’t feeling the magic so much, this night. Our little Alaskan children, however, were having the time of their life. So, I snuggled in on a bench with my watery hot chocolate, and tried to grin and bare it.
Uh-oh…hope this was a one-off.

The kids played for quite some time around the playground and Donald’s boat. This may have been one of their favorite nights.
:cloud9:

Before we could leave, though, there was one more glimmer that caught our eye: the Main Street Bakery. We were all a little rumbly in the tumbly, to quote my good friend Pooh, so we decided to make one last stop before ending the night. We got a couple cookies to share (those were some honking cookies!), and miraculously found some tables to fit us around. Only in EMH would this be possible at the Main Street Bakery. Even this late at night, it was a little crowded.
A most excellent detour.

I was feeling a little better after the cookie (funny how cookies can do that), but the restaurant was air conditioned, and it was still very cold outside. I knew we were homeward bound, at this point, though (er, hotel-room-bound), so that took the edge off a little. Plus, right when we were exiting the bakery, Cinderella’s Castle was doing it’s goodnight shimmery thingy. That was very pretty to stand and watch on a mostly empty Main Street. And finally, we headed for the exit.
Cookies always make me feel better. Especially when you can dunk ‘em.

My mother and I were both huddled together shivering (she’s a whimp, too), as we passed through the exit. A friendly CM giggled that we were so cold. She asked us where we were from, and we sheepishly answered, “Alaska”. I think she thought we were joking.
This one had me cracking up. People here tease Tracy when she’s cold since she grew up in Minnesota.

And that, my readers (which I finally now have!), is the end of this day’s installment. The next day is another Hollywood Studios day, this time just us. Which was rather nice.
Woohoo! popcorn::

A most excellent detour.

We thought so.

Cookies always make me feel better. Especially when you can dunk ‘em.

Dunking would have been lovely. Especially with that mocha I was dreaming of.

This one had me cracking up. People here tease Tracy when she’s cold since she grew up in Minnesota.

I know I'm not cut out for Alaska weather. I really hate the cold. Alaska is beautiful, though. So, I guess the view makes it worth it.

I know I'm not cut out for Alaska weather. I really hate the cold. Alaska is beautiful, though. So, I guess the view makes it worth it.
My grandparents have done an Alaskan Cruise several times and absolutely rave about how gorgeous it is.
It's on my list of places I hope to see some day. Of course then I have to reconcile that list against my "We could have gone to Disney" page. :upsidedow

My grandparents have done an Alaskan Cruise several times and absolutely rave about how gorgeous it is.
It's on my list of places I hope to see some day. Of course then I have to reconcile that list against my "We could have gone to Disney" page. :upsidedow

:lmao: Well, you know they're starting up a Disney cruise through Alaska. If you ever stopped through Juneau, we'd happily show you the sights. ("Look to your left... and then you're right ... and there you go, you've seen Juneau." Just kidding, it's not quite that small.)

Merry Christmas! See your ticker is at 14 days. Is that a B-day party at The World?

Thank you! Merry Christmas to you, too! Yes, we're getting very close. It is my dad's fiftieth birthday trip. We'll be there for 5 days. We'll also be celebrating some of my little sisters' birthdays who are all around this time, as well.

Merry Christmas!!!

Thanks! Merry Christmas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter