• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A little worried

wifey

DIS Veteran
As you can see from our ticker its only 16 days till we go,and Virgin still have not sent our tickets:scared1:
I called Virgin the nice man didn't have a clue when they would be sent and could not even push the tickets though for us:confused:
He said it could take 7 days to process the tickets and 3 more for delivery which would be pushing it as we are going to the airport the day before. we have always had our tickets 2-3 weeks before:furious:

In my experience of Virgin Holidays they are notoriously slow at sending the tickets out. :confused3

We have had them through a week before flying, just as we were really starting to panic.

I wouldn't worry too much just yet and I would take what the chap said with a pinch of salt. If they haven't arrived with 10 days to go give them a call and see what is happening.

I would never criticise VH for the service provided at the airport, in flight (obviously VA) and in resort but at home they have been less than good for at least 2 or 3 years now.

Enjoy your holiday!!! :cheer2:

I wouldn't worry, we didn't get our tickets until about 7 days before we were due to leave which was a nightmare as Easter was fast approaching and we were leaving the day after Easter Monday!

Don't panic yet. Our tickets arrived 2 weeks before to the day - so they may arrive this week :)

Our friends however didn't get theirs and as far as I remember VH couriered them with next day delivery (but we were talking only days before departure).

No matter what happens you will get your tickets and you will have a great holiday :goodvibes

:scared: I rang them back again :headache: and they reckon that they have been printed and we should have them by this Friday 1st Class so I'm not holding my breath.
Their website still says that they have not been sent and can still take 7-10 days once they are posted so I'll check it again once DS has gone to school, DH said they did not turn up this morning I guess we'll just have to wait but if they are not here by Monday they will get another telephone call from me:mad:
Usually we don't stress over the tickets as every time we've been before with other companies we have had the tickets 2-3 weeks in advance of the departure day, just hope that the vouchers are there for our shopping trip and departure day breakfast:sad2:we have had no contact from our rep since we booked them, not that it's a surprise to me she may have been on leave.

We only had our VH tickets 10 days before departure last year so I wouldn't worry yet.

I even decided to upgrade the car hire insurance once I had the tickets amd had the replacement voucher the next day.

Don't worry they will arrive and all will be fine :goodvibes

Elise

Virgin seem to be quite last minute when it comes to sending tickets, often a week before departure. Having said that I don't tend to worry as I have never had the tickets not arrive in time. I'm sure they'll arrive on time, just keep watching the letter box :)

some virgin tickets don't arrive until 3 or 4 days before, its perfectly normal, please don't panic, as long as you have your locator reference thats all you need

Yes but as We work for Royal mail and we are about to strike we are worried!!!

We go on the 28th June with Virgin Holidays and our tickets arrived today.
However, the website still says that our tickets have not been printed yet - very strange!

However, the website still says that our tickets have not been printed yet - very strange!

Exactly the same thing happened to us. It seems to be very hit and miss whether the website gets updated when your tickets are sent.

Yes but as We work for Royal mail and we are about to stike we are worried!!!

DH works for the Royal Mail also, the news at lunchtime said the union were going back to the table with Royal Mail so a strike is not definite yet, I'm sure you will be safely within the time limits of any future strike. Hope they soon arrive.

Exactly same for us - we go on the 28th June and tickets arrived today. :banana:

Ann where do you fly from and where are you staying?

Hi Burt

We arer staying at POFQ and will be flying from Manchester on the VS073 - i think, that is off the top of my head!

Hi Burt

We arer staying at POFQ and will be flying from Manchester on the VS073 - i think, that is off the top of my head!

We also fly from manchester - think its VS075 at about 10.30 in the morning, we are also staying at port orleans but we are riverside

Have a great trip

burt

:scared1: OMG RM have refused to go back to the negotiating table claiming they are skint!!

:headache: So we are now VERY WORRIED :headache: the tickets are not in the post today despite being told they would be by a member of the VH team on Wednesday!! I'm going to ring them later and try to find out exactly what is going on with these tickets, since we are not the only ones who fly out on that day who have not received them:surfweb: It seems very random how they send them out:confused3 you would think they would take a bit more care to get them sent out to passengers who have had a booking for so long and paid up well in advance of the deadline date:confused3

Okay here's what they said.. they believe our tickets were sent out on Tuesday 2nd class post!!However we only rang them on Tuesday night and we were told they had not been printed or sent out ..(personally I think it would have been Wed for printing and Thur to post out).. and we should have them by THE END OF NEXT WEEK!! They should be here Mon at the latest by my calculations given that 2nd class takes a maximum of 3 working days to be delivered. If they are not here by the end of next week we are to ring them again and they will send them to the Virgin desk at T2 in Manchester... (hmmmm.... I'm not sure how they will manage that if there's a strike on!)and take our invoice with our details but no mention of accomodation vouchers/transfers/trip vouchers. The website STILL says they have not been sent and we should allow 7 days for delivery.. I think I need a few headache tablets to get through the rest of today.

Wifey,
What is the concern?
Is it a VH or VA ticket?

If you have your ticket number then you don't need a paper ticket for the flight, we now never have printed tickets, just an email. Even if we went to the airport without it, I have the Nooking reference and that along with our passports is enough to get our boarding cards.

If its the accommodation, you could ring or email your accommodation and check you are booked in, again if you are, then again, no problem.

Again, the same with the cra. We never have printed vouchers anymore, just an email confirmation.

:hug: That's just it Obi all we have is our invoice!! We have no idea when or if our travel documents will arrive, this for us is very disconcerting we have always had them before this stage of our preparations for travel when we have travelled with other companies to Orlando and never been given the don't care attitude by any of them:confused3 :confused3
If we had known the customer care was going to be this lacking I would have used another company to book through,:headache: oh well I guess we learn from our experiences I just hope the actual holiday isn't full of problems and delays:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter