• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A little Upset 2 attractions down while we are there?

My Dh just told me that both Tea Cups and Pooh will be closed while we are in the World Oct. 30 - Nov.5. I am not happy about that. It seems they wouldn't close 2 major Fantasyland attractions that are right next to each other at the same time. We usually go in the off season and are used to closures but 2 right next to each other is just odd to me:confused3. Thank you for letting me vent. Still super excited for our trip!!!

Nicole, mom to pirate: princess: pirate: pirate:

We will be there at the same time...it is a bummer.

One thing I noticed about the pictures is that it seems they were taken to see as much of the construction as possible. A couple of them anyway. That is not the view you would have from the ground level. All of the walls up are a bummer, but it is a major construction project. What else are they supposed to do, shut the park down completely?:confused3

If your friends have never been there, don't even tell them about it!

We were just there for the first time. If I hadn't seen pictures on here with the painted tarps I honestly wouldn't have noticed while we were there. I had to point them out to dh :laughing:

Because we had never seen it before it wasn't disappointing to us because we didn't know what it looked like previously kwim?

If your friends have never been there, don't even tell them about it!

We were just there for the first time. If I hadn't seen pictures on here with the painted tarps I honestly wouldn't have noticed while we were there. I had to point them out to dh :laughing:

Because we had never seen it before it wasn't disappointing to us because we didn't know what it looked like previously kwim?

Exactly. We're taking my mom for her first trip, and I haven't told her about the construction. If I see her looking, or if she asks, then I'll tell her, but I'm curious to see if she even notices or not.

We'll be missing Its a Small World and the Teacups while we are there. It sucks that they'll be closed, but I'm just going to tell Mom we'll have to go back next year to ride the new improved versions :woohoo:

it sucks that they are doing so much work at one time but in the end they are making it a better place. i would rather see them getting it all down fast and having it looks like this then take forever working on it.

Of AllEars. Their site has the best layout for this information. You can look at your specific month(s).

http://allears.net/tp/rehabs.htm

you can search by your trip dates at stitchkingdom here . I always recommend wdwinfo first b/c it is the Dis's home page and since they let me come here and chat all day for free figure all the traffic I can throw their way the better. :)

There are always going to be rides that are down for rehab. Missing out on Pooh and Tea Cups may be a big deal if those are your absolutely favorite rides (in which case my heart goes out to you), but overall, these aren't even the most popular rides in Fantasyland, much less MK. It's a lot more depressing (to me at least) to discover that something like Splash Mountain or Space Mountain is going to be out of commission during my trip.

In this particular case, the ugliness of the construction is actually a bigger issue than the ride closings. But I'm always happy to see construction, because it means that new stuff is on the horizon. :thumbsup2

I can understand being a little bummed about Fantasyland not being in its most operational state, however, for some perspective I can offer this. My grandparents took my brother, cousin and me to Disneyland in 1981. Two years later the whole family went to LA to visit my uncle and we also planned a Disneyland day. My mom was so excited about finally being able to go to Disneyland and ride Dumbo. Turns out that in spring of 1983 the entirety of Fantasyland in DL was closed for the remodeling known as New Fantasyland. So I will take the construction walls and 2 rides under refurbishment anytime over that :)

We didn't know that the entire area was under construction until we arrived at the park and saw the list of attractions under refurbishment. Ahh the pre-internet days :)

More often than not, something, somewhere will be closed during everyones trip. Some of them are planned, some unexpected.
We went in Aug and Toy Story Mania and Small World were closed (2 of our favorites) and Flame Tree BBQ:eek:....and we still had a fabulous vacation. :goodvibes

One thing I noticed about the pictures is that it seems they were taken to see as much of the construction as possible. A couple of them anyway. That is not the view you would have from the ground level. All of the walls up are a bummer, but it is a major construction project. What else are they supposed to do, shut the park down completely?:confused3

Only the over the wall shot and poohs tree were shot from Dumbo. The others are on the ground.

They are the same photos I posted on the Mickey gets evicted thread. Would you like to see pictures of the Emporium too? Expo Hall and Casey's are tarped up too.

Fantasyland was sad to me. Just sharing what we saw. They posted a CM at the Pooh "entrance" because so many people thought it was closed.

If it is any consolation, I have been when Space Mountain, or Small World, or Pirates, or Haunted Mansion were closed. Not to mention stuff at the other parks. :eek:

I look at it as explaining to your significant other that it is another chance to go another time and catch what you missed, when something else will be closed:woohoo:

The Tea Cups were the first thing we rode after DH proposed (in front of the Big Cheese!)
BTW, we'll be there at the exact same time as the OP.
Whoooo-Hooooo :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana:

Okay...I need some upbeat comments, Dissers!

I'm taking my kiddos, my DH, DMIL, and Dparents in November - first time for many or first time in about 20 years!

I'm hoping that the kids will see the construction and be excited about the future-pointing out things to do on future trips. And, I'm hoping to turn DH into a Disney lover (all he sees are dollar signs $$$)-so, I'm hoping this trip can lead to a future trip!

Sprinkle on the pixie dust....we are off to Disney World in one month...come what may!

Not the first time I've seen this brought up - but I disagree. They are doing a major expansion / improvement to the park. Would it be better that they just shut Fantasyland and toontown down all together for a year? yeah, that would make people happier.

And lowering prices when a refurb is going on? How ridiculous is that to expect? It's two rides out of something like 200 shows/attractions spread across 6 parks.

If you think your once in a lifetime trip is ruined by this...call Disney, and they'll let you reschedule for 2013 when the construction is all done.

Okay...I need some upbeat comments, Dissers!

I'm taking my kiddos, my DH, DMIL, and Dparents in November - first time for many or first time in about 20 years!

I'm hoping that the kids will see the construction and be excited about the future-pointing out things to do on future trips. And, I'm hoping to turn DH into a Disney lover (all he sees are dollar signs $$$)-so, I'm hoping this trip can lead to a future trip!

Sprinkle on the pixie dust....we are off to Disney World in one month...come what may!

Sending lots of pixie dust your way!! Everyone will have an awesome time I'm sure.

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter