• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A little planning advice!

gracelrm

<font color=teal>Wow - you learn something new eve
We're headed for BCV in June, about 100 days out and I thought maybe we should decide on our ADR's. We never try to get any of the "hard to get reservations", so I didn't worry too much about it. And we rarely make ADR's this early, usually just a month or so out. Well, much to my surprise, we couldn't get LeCellier for the evening meal any of the three nights we tried, unless we were willing to take it like at 8:30 (thus missing Illuminations). I was so shocked! We didn't have trouble getting any of our others, but tried everything to make that one work with no luck. We used the WDW-DINE number, anyone ever had any luck calling MS and getting something you couldn't get through the other one? I asked if more reservations would "open up" closer to time, but was told they would not. I've never used MS for dining reservations, so I was just curious.

Le Cellier is the only dinner reservation that I make far ahead of time and that's because what's happened to you has happened to me before. I made our June 11 dinner ressies in Jan. I have booked both through WDW dining and MS, but I do it early.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Yeah, that one always fills up fast. When we dined there in October, a couple went up to the checkin desk and asked if they could make a reservation for later in their trip. The hostess told them they usually fill up 180 days out. She checked for them and the first available time she told them was January!

Wow, I never realized that it was so important to call that far ahead for LaCellier. In fact we've had ADRs there two or three times and usually wait until about 30-45 days out before making our ADR's. But both times was before the current dining plan was available. So, MS can't do anything for me that WDW-DINE can't do? Oh well! We like to dine in Japan too, but they are closed during our trip! Guess we'll need to branch out.

If you are going for the filet and don't mind walking to the Yacht Club from Epcot. . .they have delicious steaks at the Yachtsman Steakhouse! Two TS on the DDP though.

Just another option. . .

Since this really isn't a DVC specific topic, and is a discussion of restaurant ADRs, it is moving to the restaurants board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter