A little perspective on FP+

The problem with that plan (which does sound nice :thumbsup2) would be if the limits were tiered...so you would not be able to FP EE, Safari and Dinosaur in the same day. Concern is maybe only 2, or maybe only 1 headliner attraction per day. :worried:

Other problem: if you don't reserve early enough, the events desired may not be available, or the times for what is wanted may be far apart (EE at 9 am, and Safari right before close)

Looks like the Mayans were slightly off. Apparently, based on reading this board, the real end of the world will be the day that FP+ is actually implemented.

First, everyone is trying to parse the legal jargon written by Disney lawyers to cover themselves for most possibilities. We still really don't "know" most of how this will work other than that you will have the option to pre-book rides and experiences in some manner.
Do I have questions - yes? Mostly relating to AP and park hopping. I'm sure some things will benefit me and some things will disadvantage me and when I hear the details I'll figure out what works best for how I want to tour.

I love this. The OP makes a very convincing argument for everybody to take a collective breath, step back, and just wait and see what actually happens. Everybody agrees, this is wise.

And IMMEDIATELY start up all over again. Just can't resist. What if this? What if that? Will they this? Will they not that?

It will be what it will be and we won't know until Disney is good and ready to tell us. In the mean time people are getting themselves all twisted up in knots of speculation and the levels of anxiety are palpable. Too bad there isn't some form of online Xanax that could be handed out to the deserving masses.

I wonder if the boys in Vegas have a betting line on how soon the Magic+/My Experience system will crash the day the first park goes online.?

Not sure how many of you were online when Fastpass originally came out, but I seem to recall that there was much moaning from hard core fans about how that would ruin their park experience. But that turned out pretty well.

I'm willing to wait until more of FP+ is revealed (and possibly tweaked) to decide my opinion. We know more now than we did last week, but there are still many unanswered questions.

Not sure how many of you were online when Fastpass originally came out, but I seem to recall that there was much moaning from hard core fans about how that would ruin their park experience. But that turned out pretty well.

I'm willing to wait until more of FP+ is revealed (and possibly tweaked) to decide my opinion. We know more now than we did last week, but there are still many unanswered questions.
ALOT of folks have long term memory loss.....GREAT point.

I did have one image in my head....
Instead of gathering my family's tickets and keeping them in my pocket to be the FP runner, I may find myself collecting and then marching through the park with a handful of bracelets to get FP+s from the kiosk...
Actually, the FP runner would just have to reach into his pocket and pull out his phone.

I think a good perspective on FP and FP+ is to remember that Disney is dealing with a zero-sum game here. The number of guests that Disney can cram through an attraction is fixed. FP+ is nothing like reducing a benefit or discount. All the worries and cries of disappointment are considering one point of view and not considering the other side of what happens when certain FP practices are taken away...
Everyone else benefits.

I benefit from there not being 100 people stockpiling TSM and Soarin' FP. You benefit from it too. By limiting FP+ to once per attraction per day, there is a real potential to make Standby a viable option. There is a real potential for TSM FP to last past 11AM. I don't know if that will actually happen, but the number of rides available for both is Fixed. Disney isn't (and can't) change capacity with FP+. Any changes to FP affect everyone, so something that "hurts" hurts everyone and therefore benefits you too.

I used to Stockpile FP (I have not yet been since the return time enforcement change). I was at a severe advantage over guests who did not, especially since the rules allowed a new FP when the window opened (not a flat 2hrs). I have so many FPs that I never even used!
Disney is absolutely right to stop me. Denying me all those extra FP means more capacity for someone else who could be you.

I think a good perspective on FP and FP+ is to remember that Disney is dealing with a zero-sum game here. The number of guests that Disney can cram through an attraction is fixed. FP+ is nothing like reducing a benefit or discount. All the worries and cries of disappointment are considering one point of view and not considering the other side of what happens when certain FP practices are taken away...
Everyone else benefits.

I benefit from there not being 100 people stockpiling TSM and Soarin' FP. You benefit from it too. By limiting FP+ to once per attraction per day, there is a real potential to make Standby a viable option. There is a real potential for TSM FP to last past 11AM. I don't know if that will actually happen, but the number of rides available for both is Fixed. Disney isn't (and can't) change capacity with FP+. Any changes to FP affect everyone, so something that "hurts" hurts everyone and therefore benefits you too.

I used to Stockpile FP (I have not yet been since the return time enforcement change). I was at a severe advantage over guests who did not, especially since the rules allowed a new FP when the window opened (not a flat 2hrs). I have so many FPs that I never even used!
Disney is absolutely right to stop me. Denying me all those extra FP means more capacity for someone else who could be you.

Sorry but I just don't see it that way. I have no interest in giving up some of the FP capability I have enjoyed up until now (even post time enforcement) to further the greater good in terms of a potentially slightly shorter standby wait.

I know it will be what it is, but I just don't see that as a positive.

I never "stockpiled" FPs to the point where I could never use them though.

Looks like the Mayans were slightly off. Apparently, based on reading this board, the real end of the world will be the day that FP+ is actually implemented.

First, everyone is trying to parse the legal jargon written by Disney lawyers to cover themselves for most possibilities. We still really don't "know" most of how this will work other than that you will have the option to pre-book rides and experiences in some manner.

All the talk about whether FP+ is optional or will be required is meaningless now because we don't know enough. At least on some level, there is almost certainly going to be ability to get some sort of fast pass without preplanning days in advance. Do you think Disney is going to require each of their 17 million visitors to either book their rides in advance or forego it? I doubt it.

We know there will be kiosks. So they use a plastic media or RFID instead of the paper ticket. Big deal - that doesn't necessarily preclude walking into a park and going to a kiosk at 9am to get a fast pass for later that day.

Yes - we can pretty sure you can't use regular fast pass and FP+. But that makes total sense - that would allow doubling up.

Do I have questions - yes? Mostly relating to AP and park hopping. I'm sure some things will benefit me and some things will disadvantage me and when I hear the details I'll figure out what works best for how I want to tour.

Perspective?!?!? Are you sure you've come to the right place?!?!? ;)

ITA with everything you posted here, btw. :thumbsup2

~I totally agree!!! I can't believe how people are flipping out over the "Terms & Conditions" -- consider all of the icky stuff in our credit card, debit card, bank account, mortgage, and auto lease terms -- but we still charge away, direct deposit, pay the mortgage and car loan, right? I wanted to express this earlier, but I felt a little green saying it because I'm not a lawyer & I didn't want to sound like a psuedo intellectual or something, lol! I'm so glad you went over this! You articulated this point far better than I could have! :goodvibes

Exactly!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

There is a lot of free floating angst around that is probably unnecessary. ;)

Most everyone that comes to these boards is coming to get tips and do research. When the system gets implemented, we will all figure it out and work it best to our advantage.

I am just not capable of reserving fastpasses before I am in the park. I'm totally too unorganized for that. I was envisioning my husband (our fast pass runner) taking everyone's bracelet, until the comment about using our smartphone's popped up. lol. If that is what we're going to have to do, I'll probably never actually make it on another ride. My husband, the computer guy, can barely make a CALL on his phone, let alone navigate a fastpass system.

I'm sure it will all work out. We can probably find a friendly six year old kid in the park to help us reserve fastpasses on my husband's phone. :rotfl2:

Yeah, we would sometimes stockpile fastpasses that we decided not to use, but we would always walk to the standby line and hand them off to people at the end before we left the park.

Most everyone that comes to these boards is coming to get tips and do research. When the system gets implemented, we will all figure it out and work it best to our advantage.

I am just not capable of reserving fastpasses before I am in the park. I'm totally too unorganized for that. I was envisioning my husband (our fast pass runner) taking everyone's bracelet, until the comment about using our smartphone's popped up. lol. If that is what we're going to have to do, I'll probably never actually make it on another ride. My husband, the computer guy, can barely make a CALL on his phone, let alone navigate a fastpass system.

I'm sure it will all work out. We can probably find a friendly six year old kid in the park to help us reserve fastpasses on my husband's phone. :rotfl2:

Yeah, we would sometimes stockpile fastpasses that we decided not to use, but we would always walk to the standby line and hand them off to people at the end before we left the park.
:)

LOL, mine hasn't even figured out how to keep his phone CHARGED. I can probably figure out how to do it, but not fast enough to beat the crowds. Good thing we'll have the 12 year old along! ;)

Can someone fill me in on the basics? When is this fast pass+ supposed to take effect? I haven't even learned how to use the regular fast pass that we'll yet and we are going in May....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter