A little OT - Do you buy gifts for all your child's teachers?

As a high school teacher, it's pretty rare that I receive gifts from my kids; they simply have too many teachers.

What some parents do is to send a basket of goodies to the faculty room with "Merry Christmas from the Smith Family" on it. Everyone gets to enjoy it, and the Smiths don't break the budget on teacher gifts.

I still buy for each of the teachers and coaches and the bus driver though.

When my two were in preschool I would do a basket full of goodies for all the teachers to enjoy. They seemed to like it and even asked if I would be bringing it by after my kids had moved on to big school....LOL

I agree it is so hard to decide who to buy for and how much to spend - I WISH I could do a gift card for everyone but between my kids we have upwards of 10 teachers to buy for. I CAN'T buy that many gift cards.

So they will have to be happy with my B&BW antibacterial handsoap and notepads....I do what I can!

Now last year I won favorite mom b/c I went to the Vera Bradley outlet sale and got totes for $7 each - then at the end of the year EVERYONE got Vera Bradley - I wish I had bought more - I will this year!!

I am a teacher and I was going to suggest B&BW handsoap as a cheaper (and very practical!) alternative.

Last year when my twins were in pre-k, they had 4 teachers (1 main + 3 assistants). I saved my "Mypoints" and gave them each a $10 gift card to Target.

How about a card for a Blockbuster rental and a bag of popcorn?

Dd is in Middle School and there is no way I could give all of them a gift, but was going to at least do a card and candy or something last year. Dd however wouldn't even give them a card! She said that is considered being a brown noser in MS. SIGH.....

I would usually buy a book for the school library and have my kids make a card to the teacher saying we donated it in their name. A couple of times my kids had new teachers so we bought a book to help build up their classroom library. I love the idea of giving something that I know the teachers and students will use and enjoy for years to come.

I would usually buy a book for the school library and have my kids make a card to the teacher saying we donated it in their name. A couple of times my kids had new teachers so we bought a book to help build up their classroom library. I love the idea of giving something that I know the teachers and students will use and enjoy for years to come.

I think that that is a great idea! Even a library that seems well-stocked needs to buy the newest titles!

When my son was in a daycare/preschool setting last year, he had 4 rotating teachers, so I got them each a Clinique lip gloss and a tiny bottle of Happy perfume. I also got the cook the same thing, since she had to deal with my son's food allergies for two snacks and lunch every day! I also got a box of Frango Mints from Macys (formerly Marshall Fields) for the teacher's lounge, to cover the "floating" teachers whom I had only seen in his room once or twice.

I'd either bring something the class can use or a platter of baked goodies for them to share.

My sons K teacher made it easy for us this year - she's a MAJOR GA Bulldogs fan... even has a tattoo on her foot LOL. Anyways, shes definitely getting something Bulldogs

If they are in a class with a teacher and an aide, I generally give them the same gift. (Usually a $15 gift card each)

This year my daughter has a Kindergarten teacher and my son has 2 teachers. (Those 3 teachers will get a $15-$25 gift card to Target or I will contribute if a class gift is organized.) They also have the following teachers together; PE, PE aide, computer, art, music, science lab. (These teachers will get a $5-10 gift card from both kids to Sonic or Starbuck, depending on if I know their preference.)

I am a teacher too and gifts are definitely not necessary but are certainly appreciated. I wouldn't feel obligated to give your child's teacher a gift if that is not your preference. :goodvibes

I have been a substitute teacher in our local public schools for many years. A few times I have been in a long term position at middle schools at Christmas time & have received gifts. I enjoy decorating at Christmas time each year with some of the gifts I have received - some students knew I collected snowmen, angels, Santas, etc. My husband & I have also really enjoyed homemade cookies & other goodies; one year I was greatful for those goodies because I didn't have time to bake :). I have also used the hand lotions & other items from Bath & Body Works that I was given along with the $5 gift cards like to Starbucks & other local places.

In our school, the class mom(who is assigned by the school)takes up a collection. Everyone contributes what they can and the card is signed from the whole class. Some people give more,some less, but the teacher gets a nice present,usually a gift card, that she can use. When there is more than one teacher in the classroom, the classmom asks how the money is to be distributed between the teachers. A few children give their own gifts. I appreciated the collections when all three of my boys had more than one teacher. It made things easy and I could give what I could afford. We have also taken up collections for student teachers and the bus driver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter