• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A little hope for DisneyQuest

bbowers

Dog Mommy
As we exited DQ last Friday, we were stopped for a survey, which seemed odd since they are closing it. The surveyor said there had been a little talk of NOT closing it because of customer feedback - so now might be the time for that carefully worded email of protest. My husband is 63 (we were there celebrating his birthday, as a matter of fact) and I'm 52 and we love DQ.

As we exited DQ last Friday, we were stopped for a survey, which seemed odd since they are closing it. The surveyor said there had been a little talk of NOT closing it because of customer feedback - so now might be the time for that carefully worded email of protest. My husband is 63 (we were there celebrating his birthday, as a matter of fact) and I'm 52 and we love DQ.
My DH and two teenage DSs LOVE it. In fact, they would be fine not even going into the parks. Just give them DQ everyday, and they would be just fine. Thanks for the info about it. My DH and I are going next week to see the Christmas decorations, but I'm sure it's going to include a stop at DQ, especially since the announcement of it closing. My entire family will be going in June, and my sons are hoping that it will still be open. What email address should I use to send the letter?

Now that Osborne Lights closing has brought in so much extra traffic, I'm surprised they'd think twice about closing something else that was popular. :p

If they did keep it, they need to put a little work into it to modernize it a bit. I always liked it though, especially the Pirates of the Caribbean game. I guess we'll see what happens.

Won't miss it when it is gone. We went once and that was enough. I for one am excited about the changes and love basketball.

That'd be cool. Hoping to finally go there in March, assuming it'll be open

We just spent a whole day at DQ. I couldn't drag the kids away. I didn't tell my kids it was closing, but one of our servers mentioned it and they went ballistic. They certainly impugned the intelligence level of some Disney execs in ways only a kid can. :) NBA? Dumbest idea EVER. Please close a floor at a time to renovate, add some new games and simulators and traffic will skyrocket, just don't lose the retro floor. Where else can you leave your kids while you shop?

I can't imagine an NBA attraction occupying a building that large. It isn't like they don't have other places to do it in Disney Springs.

We just spent a whole day at DQ. I couldn't drag the kids away. I didn't tell my kids it was closing, but one of our servers mentioned it and they went ballistic. They certainly impugned the intelligence level of some Disney execs in ways only a kid can. :) NBA? Dumbest idea EVER. Please close a floor at a time to renovate, add some new games and simulators and traffic will skyrocket, just don't lose the retro floor. Where else can you leave your kids while you shop?

I can't imagine an NBA attraction occupying a building that large. It isn't like they don't have other places to do it in Disney Springs.

Well, the NBA makes almost $4 billion a year and is hugely popular all over the world. So the fact it doesn't happen to appeal to the handful of people in your family doesn't really make it the "Dumbest idea EVER."

Well, the NBA makes almost $4 billion a year and is hugely popular all over the world. So the fact it doesn't happen to appeal to the handful of people in your family doesn't really make it the "Dumbest idea EVER."

It seemed like a dumb idea for Universal.

Besides, adding an NBA place isn't the dumbest idea ever, but replacing DQ with one is. Especially an area already overloaded with themed restaurants.

We were very disappointed to hear that DQ is closing. In fact, with it being closed by our next trip in October, we will be skipping DTD/Disney Springs altogether. We would go through the shops and buy a few things, but our main reason to go there was DQ.

Annual Passholders and still have never been to Disney Quest. Prices are just too high to justify going and playing some arcade games.

Annual Passholders and still have never been to Disney Quest. Prices are just too high to justify going and playing some arcade games.

Yep. In fact, we even had free passes included with our package last spring, and still never managed to get over there at any point during our 10 day trip. Every time we discussed spending an evening there, we ultimately decided that we'd rather spend more time in the parks.

I understand they're supposed to be very nice arcade games, but it's just not enough to drag us away from the parks.

We loved our evening at DQ! Torrential rain, and we went for the evening - DS (4 at the time) kept running from game to game with his little stepstool. Didn't have to worry about making him finish the game cause we were going to lose the quarter. And to see him playing retro games like frogger, pacman, etc was awesome! DD (11 at the time) enjoyed the 3d interactive games with DH.

If DQ were open for our next trip, we would get the water park & more passes. If not, we will just go with regular tix.

Our kids grew up going to DQ every year and loved it. It was their favorite day of every trip to WDW for years. They are now a bit older and DQ doesn't have the same draw, but we all still enjoy a day there every trip. If they replace it with the NBA "whatever", they will lose that revenue from our family. We wouldn't go into anything NBA related for free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter