a little help - UK car choices and more

packofjedis

Mouseketeer
Hi again! I hope you guys don't mind if I pick your brains for a couple more things. Still planning my trip for September and have a couple things I need advice on.

Car rental - I've reserved a Vauxhall Insignia or "similar" but can also get a Peugeot 308 (or similar) for about $100 less total. There are 4 of us including 2 teenage boys in the back seat. We'll have 4 medium size suitcases. We reserved the larger car for suitcase space as well as back seat space. Is the Peugeot too small, do you think?

We're staying one week in Scotland and then one week in Northern Wales. We'll be switching between the two on a Saturday. Any suggestions on a stopping point somewhere between Edinburgh and Wrexham area? Nothing that will take a long time, but somewhere to stop for lunch and to see something? Anything really to get out of the car, see something interesting and grab a bite to eat. It's a bit overwhelming looking at the map and trying to pinpoint someplace to google.

We're flying into Edinburgh and will be driving towards St Andrews after getting the car. I need to get a SIM card for my phone. Any places you can think of off hand in a shopping area or whatever?

Thank you all so much (again). I hate to interrupt this board, but you guys have been so helpful and nice!!

I would stick with the Vauxhall Insignia, bigger car and I would imagine more comfortable.

I'd say you'd probably need the bigger car for the cases! Not sure exactly what 308 boot is like but I doubt it would fit more than 2 cases! You'd be able to pick up a SIM card at most of the supermarkets I'd think. Definitely at tesco. The gyle shopping centre is close to Edinburgh airport you'd get a phone shop in there. Mo x

Hi, keep the insignia, I have had both cars and the insignia has more room for comfort plus the boot is substantially bigger. Although I would say 3 cases max or 2 if you change to the 308. You could look at stopping around the lake distric...really beautiful area. When you land in Edinburgh you should be able to get a SIM card at the airport or alternatively you will be able to pick up one in Tescos in St Andrews. Hope this helps :)

The Insignia it is. That's what I was thinking, but it's hard to gauge size looking at pictures on the internet.

We were going to hit a Tesco that day anyhow, so I'll probably just wait and get it there. Sounds easiest.

I had debated the Lake District. We could take a hike or something. Not sure but I can look into it.

Thanks again....if anyone else any other ideas, let me know.

Lake District is beautiful, though it always rains when we go! Lol!! You'll get tesco or a phone shop in standrews actually, definitely easier than driving in Edinburgh! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter