A little help for a Disney virgin...

You wont find show listing times till about 2 weeks before you go.

Mine aren't out yet (and look at my ticker!)

Yeah, the parade is every day in the afternoon. Gonna be on at 5pm over the summer, but it can be on a 3pm or 4pm too depending on the time of year. :-)

If you want to see it on Mainstreet (so you will want to to see both the floats in one go) about 45 mins will be plenty when you go.

I'm going to wait up by IASW and even on busier days up there, 10/15 mins should be OK for a good spot.

When I went to disney CA for 4th July, people got into position for the parade a couple of hours in advance, and then stayed in their spots for hours until nightfall to see the fireworks with the best view!!

Didnt go on rides or anything!

thats crazy, i couldn't stand still for 5 minutes let alone a few hours with all that around me. I forgot about the fireworks too :o)

soooooooo much to look into, are the shows such as the lion king expensive and when can you get tickets?

Bet your getting excited now, you seem to keep on going back though so it must be good.

Im just trying to find a list of all the events that go on, i think they'res so much i don't know about

You don't pay for any of the shows inside the Park or the Studios - its all included in your park entrance tickets/annual pass price.

You just turn up at the show venue and queue to get in (the Lion King show is in a small theatre, so its best to get there about 20 minutes before a scheduled showtime, as its a very popular show).

The Tarzan show is another brilliant show - totally different from the Lion King, and in a much bigger theatre - we didn't queue at all for that one, just walked right in.

Elaine

thanks, thats clearer up the show query for me, time to do some serious research now i think!

I thought you had to go get tickets before the show started? I know its free, but I thought you had to go get tickets?

Bob xoxox

Hi ghockley1981, welcome to the DIS! :welcome:

We stay offsite at the Explorers, one of the hotels next to the Holiday Inn and the shuttle bus you want is the pink no. 54 which runs about every 15 minutes although it often feels like you haven't seen one for ages then three turn up at once!! :rotfl:

It should run until about midnight in September. There is a timetable in The Very Useful Info sticky but it only goes up to July at the moment. We often walk back to the hotel, it takes about 25 minutes.

Hi there,

When I was at Disneyland in May last year, we were out at a restaurant until
11 pm and they still had busses to the hotel. I stayed at the Hotel Kyriad,
which is in the same area as the other offsite hotels. I'll be going in
September, too, towards the end of the month.

I'm going with a bus company, so I had no choice with the hotels.

that's great about the buses, means we can have a few cocktails before returning back then :o)

And maybe even walk, is it a nice walk or is it along roads and motorways?

Also i've read on here that if you get a dream annual pass you can an extra hour in the park before it opens? Is this the same even if your off site?

Also I read that the Dream also gives you free cocktails with meals at table restaurants and 5 fastpasses.

Has anyone done this before and knows if these fastpasses expire, or can only be used a few times?

The dream Annual pass entitles you to EMH (2 extra hrs) in the park even if you are staying off site. We stayed at Holiday Inn last summer when we bought ours.

You no longer get the fast passes with the AP but do get a free kir or orange juice in table service restaurants.
You also get 10% off meals/drinks and 20% off shopping

Those extra magic hours may be worth the extra then as long as the buses run from holiday inn to get you there for them. And with the discounts it may well make the money up for it itself.

Are the big rides open during EMH do you know?

Its mainly rides in Fantasyland which are open but also a few in Discoveryland including Spacemountain, Buzz and Oritron.

Im not sure what time the buses start to the park as we had the car so drove there and parked at Hotel New York- again a perk of the dream AP

When we stayed at the Dream Castle in May the buses started from around 6.30am. Our room was just above the canopy at the front of the hotel, so we could hear them arriving each morning;).

The route for the 54 pink buses picks up/drops off first at the Explorers, then the Kyriad, then the Holiday Inn, and lastly the Dream Castle.

There is a bus at the Explorers at 7.50am, then 8.10am. So just after that for the Holiday Inn. Those are the ideal buses to get to make the most of EMH (as even from 9am, the EMH-open bits of the Park get busier).

The buses are scheduled for every 20 minutes from 6.30am until late, to and from the hotels.

Elaine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter