A little help finding a good car service

DisneyFans20

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are going for our first trip home to Saratoga Springs in October, and we were wondering if anyone would be kind enough to tell us which car service to use and which ones to avoid. Last time we used Mears and we were not too happy with the service. Anything that you could tell us would be greatly appreciated. Also we need to know which ones make grocery stops and if we have to call ahead to the supermarkets and place an order, or do they allow us time to shop for some things, and does this cost anything extra to make a grocery stop. Thankyou again

I was all set to point out that AAA has a car care center right on property but what you're looking for is a Limo service. :)

The most succinct answer I can give is to check out http://www.mousesavers.com/transportation.html

We always rent a car because we like the freedom, so I have no experience with any of these other options.

-Joe

Why not consider/patronize one of DIS Board sponsors - Florida Tours? Without them, this great DIS resource may not exist free of charge!

While I've not used Florida Tours personally, they do get consistently good reviews. I'm sure Pete would not allow them to be sponsors if they were not reputable.

They offer a free grocery stop and have an internet coupon.

FL Tours

Best wishes -

Originally posted by CarolMN
Why not consider/patronize one of DIS Board sponsors - Florida Tours? Without them, this great DIS resource may not exist free of charge!

Maybe I should go through the front door of this site instead of my direct link to the forum. All I see are the Timeshare Store ads. :-)

-Joe

We've used FLTours for transportation on our last several trips and couldn't be happier.

On our last trip, our plane was delayed about an hour, but they were still there to greet us (they had checked the flight schedule and knew to meet us at 12:30AM!!)

Their vehicles are clean and well maintained and can accommodate groups of all sizes. They will include a grocery stop and have car seats for children, if needed.

Enjoy!

Originally posted by jmminarik
Maybe I should go through the front door of this site instead of my direct link to the forum. All I see are the Timeshare Store ads. :-)

-Joe

Joe - FL Tours is the spnsor of the Transportation Forum. You will see a direct link to their website at the top of that Forum.

Best wishes -

Carol

I would love to support the sponsors but in this case FL Tours is $21 more expensive on a round-trip sedan ride from MCO to Disney's Boardwalk.

Originally posted by CarolMN
Joe - FL Tours is the spnsor of the Transportation Forum. You will see a direct link to their website at the top of that Forum.

Best wishes -

Carol

Well, now that this thread has been moved there, I've seen their ad. But I don't migrate outside the DVC forum much these days. :)

Joe, who thinks :-) should be an emoticon shortcut.

We have used both Tiffany Towncar and Fl Tours so far. We were happy with both. Yes, Fl Tours was a little more expensive, but for all the info I get here on the DisBoards, I figured I'd give them a shot. We used them on 8/13 and back again on 8/21. Great drivers both ways. Good service. We will be using them again. Thanks Andy!!

We also just used Fl Tours for our recent stay, and they were great. Right on time for pickup at the airport, a message left at my hotel confirming my pick up time the next day, driver right on time for our return trip to the airport, etc. I had made a few changes to my reservation and everything was noted and went off without a hitch.
Great professional service. I would definitely use them again.

I would also suggest FL Tours, we used them in June and were very pleased with the service. They do allow a grocery stop, so this should work out for you.

We use Happy Limo to WDW and Port Canveral and they have always been great. We have used the grocery stop many times...very convenient.
Barb

We also had excellent service from FL tours in March. It is worth a few extra bucks to me to get a great product and support these boards.

I've used fl tours, happy limo, and your ride, but Southern Elegance limousines is my favourite. I received the best service from them by far!

Another vote for Fl Tours. We used them last week, our flight was over an hour late but they were there to greet us, they had checked the flight on a laptop in the car. The drivers couldn't have been more helpful and they still managed a short grocery stop for us.

Fl Tours normally allow up to 30 minutes for a grocery stop but if your flight is delayed more than 30 minutes and they have other bookings they may not be able to stop. As our flight was delayed over an hour I didn't expect them to stop at all but they kindly agreed to a short stop for us to pick-up a few things. They have coupons on their site and we received a $10 discount for printing one off.

We also used them for a return day trip to Universal and asked if we could pay for another short stop on the way back, they did so and would not accept any extra payment for doing so. All of the drivers were prompt, friendly and could not do enough for us.

:D

just want to give a reminder, if you do not smoke, be sure to ask for a non-smoking car. although the driver didn't smoke while we were in the van, it did have a very strong smell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter