A little extra magic during my last trip

AppleMagic

Earning My Ears
Just wanted to share a great story of my last trip to the world. My girlfriend and I took her 82 yr old grandma back to the Magic Kingdom for the first time in 8 years. She has always loved Disney but has not been able to go recently due to health complications. We received a little extra magic the second we got to the Kingdom. We went to the TTC to get a wheel chair and the cast member who assisted us couldn't have been better! She gave us a "no strings attached" pass so my girlfriend and I could go on any ride we wanted without leaving her grandma for an extended period of time. None of us expected it but were absolutely thrilled when it was given to us. It was more about the gesture and thought by the castmember rather than the actual ticket. It was so thoughtful that the castmember did this. It was really a special way to start the day. We strolled into MK, had breakfast then watched the morning trolley show. My girlfriends grandma was singing along and dancing the entire time. After the show 2 performers came over and talked to her. It was a real thrill. I applaud Disney and believe they have some of the best employees in the world. It was a magical day that she will never forget.

PS if anyone has never seen one of the "magic" tickets I can post a picture if you'd like.

Have a magical day!

Please post -- that's great customer service, and it's one of the things that WDW is still known and loved for!

PS if anyone has never seen one of the "magic" tickets I can post a picture if you'd like.

Have a magical day!

I think I rather see a pic of your Grandma having a blast!! :banana: I love a good pixie dust story!! Thanks for sharing

So glad you & your friend got to have this experience and that a wonderful CM was able to make it that much more magical!!

Treasure this memory! :lovestruc I would love nothing more than for my Grandma to be in good enough health to see her experience the magic of Disney one last time, but I am thankful that I have so many memories of her & I at WDW over so many years :love:

What an awesome gesture of the CM.
What an even more amazing thing you and your girlfriend did for her grandmother!

Just wanted to share a great story of my last trip to the world. My girlfriend and I took her 82 yr old grandma back to the Magic Kingdom for the first time in 8 years. She has always loved Disney but has not been able to go recently due to health complications. We received a little extra magic the second we got to the Kingdom. We went to the TTC to get a wheel chair and the cast member who assisted us couldn't have been better! She gave us a "no strings attached" pass so my girlfriend and I could go on any ride we wanted without leaving her grandma for an extended period of time. None of us expected it but were absolutely thrilled when it was given to us. It was more about the gesture and thought by the castmember rather than the actual ticket. It was so thoughtful that the castmember did this. It was really a special way to start the day. We strolled into MK, had breakfast then watched the morning trolley show. My girlfriends grandma was singing along and dancing the entire time. After the show 2 performers came over and talked to her. It was a real thrill. I applaud Disney and believe they have some of the best employees in the world. It was a magical day that she will never forget.

Have a magical day!

I hope at 82 I am still able to go to WDW and have grandkids that will take me along. Sounds like she had a great trip and your girlfriend will have some great memories.

It sounds like you got a GAC card its pretty standard issue for guest who need assistance but I've never heard of those issued at the TTC, its usually guest relations. Also wheelchairs are not rentable from the TTC to take into the parks, are you sure you weren't at guest relations?

While I don't think most of us will ever experience a situation like this, its one of the reason Disney fans are exactly how they are. Disney always goes the extra mile. That's so amazing for you guys!

danielryan said:
While I don't think most of us will ever experience a situation like this, its one of the reason Disney fans are exactly how they are. Disney always goes the extra mile. That's so amazing for you guys!

Yeah I agree completely. Most of us will never have the magical pixie dust while at WDW - but when you hear stories form people who do it makes you feel great inside to hear the stories.

How sweet! Thanks for sharing and I agree, Disney CM's are an amazing group of people. I'm glad you guys had a great time:)

PIRATEGIRL007 said:
I hope at 82 I am still able to go to WDW and have grandkids that will take me along. Sounds like she had a great trip and your girlfriend will have some great memories.

It sounds like you got a GAC card its pretty standard issue for guest who need assistance but I've never heard of those issued at the TTC, its usually guest relations. Also wheelchairs are not rentable from the TTC to take into the parks, are you sure you weren't at guest relations?

It doesn't sound like a GAC. The OP said it was something that allowed him and his girlfriend to ride while Grandma waited...not to help her be able to ride...

I've heard of special fast passes that allow you to put it into the fast pass machine and get an immediate fast pass (such as those for Give a Day or the birthday promotion for those who already had tickets), but never a magic card to allow people to ride anything. I, for one, would like to see a picture.

But giving the OP the benefit of the doubt, I'm glad you had a great time!

I agree with PIRATEGIRL - must have been a GACeven card. We've had those before when our friend and her autistic child joined us. It is good for the entire party, and you can use it even if the one needing assistance doesn't go on the ride. It is a very nice thing Disney does to make it more magical for those in need of special assistance.

OP - so nice to hear about your magical time.

What a lovely story!!:tinker:

This is what Disney's all about. With all the bad stuff on the boards its nice too see what Disney does best!!:thumbsup2

We had a similar experiance. It was the last day of our trip and it was really busy. We were walking through one of the passages in the mk and we met this man handing out special fast passes. They were valid for the next two days as well as today and you could use it for all the major attractions: splash, space, ee, soarin and test track. Sadly, as it was our last day we could only use it for space an splash but we made the most of it!!!

I applaud Disney and believe they have some of the best employees in the world. It was a magical day that she will never forget.

I couldn't agree more! So good to hear things like this. sounds like Grandma had an awesome time :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter