A little Disney magic today!!

ds99

Mouseketeer
Our son broke his arm and unfortunately still has his cast until a few days after our vacation. He's 4 and when he found out that he would have to wear it to DW, he said he was going to have Mickey sign it. We explained to him that Mickey wasn't allowed to, but he could sign his book. At Chef Mickeys this morning, he was thrilled when Goofy (which was the last of the 5 to come by) also signed his cast! Then, we wemt to the MK and met Mickey again at Town Square Place and the character handlers asked if Mickey could also sign! We didn't think the characters were allowed to sign anything on someone, but we were very thankful they did!! It made his day! I've seen a few threads on here recently about having to visit with a cast. Let me say from our experience so far, the cast members have been terrific!! One at our resort (Pop) came up and asked him how he broke it. She told him to wait for one minute on her and returned with a gift box. She explained that she had a special gift for him and that they gave one of these gifts away when they see a guest that they believe deserves a little extra magic. She presented him with the gift for being "a brave young boy" and told him to have lots of fun, even with the cast. He opened the box and it was 10 retired pins inside!! Sometimes it's just the little things!! :)

So great to hear! Thanks for sharing. It's why we all love Disney-it's the little things and the CMs. pixiedust:

This is what makes Disney so special, on our last trip DD20 months came out with chickenpox the day before we were due to leave (forcing us to add another 8 days to our vacation!), Poor thing was confinded to our room but the hotel staff sent up plush's and balloons on a couple of occasions which really cheered her up!

Glad to hear he's doing well and having a good time at WDW.

Casts are an exception to not signing things on guest's bodies. They will ask before signing though.

Wow, that just warmed this 42 year old daddy's heart, and I think I must have gotten something in my eye- ha! They did something similar for my daughter when she had a little mishap inside the MK. I love Disney, and I don't understand people who do not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter