A little disappointed with dining rooms...

BuzzLiteyear

To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at t
I was a little disappointed with the dining rooms on the Dream. First, I guess I didn't realize that Animators Palate was different than the one on the Magic/Wonder. I was expecting the walls to change from B/W to color. All in all, the whole Nemo / Crush theme ended up being pretty cool.

The other two restaurants left me feeling blah. The changes in The Enchanted Garden were not very noticable. The decor was nice, but I was expecting more. The Royal Palace did not impress me at all. I found it to be a bit boring.

On the bright side, the food was very good. And our server, Kurt and assistant server, Mo, we terrific.

dissapointed? no way! i knew about the new "show" on the dream - it was talked up everywhere, and unlike my bff, i'm not a spoiler avoider! :rotfl: i expected the crush show and i love all the details in AP - but i think it's pretty noisy and not conducive to dining! if you aren't seated around the edges you don't interact (the people sitting by crush really seemed to love it!), and crush demends you stand up and whip your napkins about and say dude a lot. which normally i don't mind, but it was a bit much during dinner!

i thought the RP quite lovely and liked the princess touches. i agree that EG, though lovely again, had such a subtle change that i missed it! i thought it was going to "do" something and its more like someone in sslllooowwwwllllyyyy turning the dimmer switch down!

I can see what you mean, but to be honest, I don't really want special effects at Dinner so I wasn't disappointed. i thought Crush was funny in Epcot but a bit annoying at the dinner table. The Enchanted Garden and the Royal Palace are both beautiful restaurants.

I thought AP was not as great as it could be. If you weren't around where Crush was talking to the crowd, you kind of weren't involved. We were at a table that you couldn't see any screen with Crush so if you didn't know in advance, I could see not knowing what was going on. Would rather they did away with the few Crush interactions and always hate people waving around dirty napkins. My other problem was with EG. It wasn't the subtle changes, it was that the tables were right on top of each other. On the second cruise, we had one of the round garden tables lining the entrance. That made you seem excluded from the rest of the restaurant -- great if you wanted privacy right on the main highway.

I'm looking forward to the new restaurants when we cruise b2b on the Dream and Fantasy next year. I've never been impressed with Animator's Palate, I'm afraid. First time was okay; after that, meh.

And glad to hear the changes in the other restaurants will be subtle. I don't need to be entertained when concentrating on the food and wine selections!

We were on the Dream this past Feb and I thought RP and EG were beautiful!! ,especially Royal Palace:thumbsup2. Both of them were beutifully decorated. I actually liked AP better this time with the whole crush interactive thing going on.But before our first cruise I was always on the DisBoards and reading the Passporterand I though they kinda made it out to be this GREAT DINNER SHOW,plus all the money they spent on that room I was expecting something SPECTACLUAR. I thought the walls and ceilings would change colors. The only thing that seemed to change was the lights on the Pillars and of course the CM's clothes and the scences on the tv's. I do not the the room was worth that much money.

We found all the dining rooms to be very noisy when compared with the Magic and Wonder.

>>Would rather they did away with the few Crush interactions and always hate people waving around dirty napkins. My other problem was with EG. It wasn't the subtle changes, it was that the tables were right on top of each other.>>
Yep! Asking you to stand up and clap or wave dirty napkins during a meal scores no points with me! Neither does being CROWDED up to others at the table or to surrounding tables. :sad2:

Waving the napkins reminds me Chef Mickey's, which I love. :banana: I can't wait til my cruise to eat at each of the restaurants. Like others have mentioned, I don't care if the restaurants effects are subtle, I am there to eat! However, I wouldn't mind sitting at a table next to Crush in AP. :yay:

I'm looking forward to the new restaurants when we cruise b2b on the Dream and Fantasy next year. I've never been impressed with Animator's Palate, I'm afraid. First time was okay; after that, meh.

I have never like eating at AP! After seeing everyone talk about how much they love that restaurant, I thought it was just me. I always feel like we're in a dungeon or something. I guess it's the lack of windows! (I know it's necessary for the show, but I still like my windows!) At least it's always easy for my husband and me to decide which night to make reservations at Palo's (or Remy's). :goodvibes

I did enjoy AP and so did my kids, but having never been on the other two ships I was looking forward to the color change. I guess this means we have to book on the Magic or Wonder now :cool1: . I guess it means I should do my homework better. I'm usually on top of these things :surfweb: .

AP was my least favorite on the Dream, I like it more on Magic/Wonder. The other two I enjoyed though.

The Enchanted Garden and the Royal Palace are both beautiful restaurants.
20.creation.jpg

Having read this (I hadn't read much about the Dream's AP before - I know, I know, where have I been!!!:lmao:), are the table assignments the same as on the Wonder/Magic? ie each time you eat in a restaurant, you are sat at the same table?

Just reading that only certain tables are close to the interaction with Crush, it seems unfair if the same people get the good view and others always miss out:confused3 Or is it the same as AP on the Magic/Wonder, where there is only one 'show' night for each rotation?

No plans for a Dream cruise as yet, but don't want to get overly excited about the Crush experience if I might not be sat at the 'right' table anyway!!;)

I guess I was too busy enjoying time with my family along with the excellent food and service to care about the decor or table location. :rolleyes1

On our second leg of our B2B, we switched servers, we were assigned a different table. For RP, we were sitting in a side room not even part of the main dining room. Want to talk about feeling left out? I would have hated it if that's where we ate during the first cruise.

My wife and I were on the Dream two weeks ago. Loved the ship, but found the dining experience to BE VERY NOISY. The lower ceilings of the dining rooms seem to make everything LOUD and NOISY. We love the family interaction, but talking to our tablemates was difficult. :headache:

My wife and I were on the Dream two weeks ago. Loved the ship, but found the dining experience to BE VERY NOISY. The lower ceilings of the dining rooms seem to make everything LOUD and NOISY. We love the family interaction, but talking to our tablemates was difficult. :headache:

My thoughts exactly...and we were usually out near the side of the ship. I don't recall noticing the noise on the old ships.

We found it to be louder in the dining rooms, and more of a squash, but the most annoying thing was being constantly asked by the server, head server, and others at breakfast about the service, the speed of the meal, the quality of the meal, we just wanted to eat. In the end we went to Cabannas which was great. It was quiet, and has large windows, so we ate while sailing out of Nassau the view was fantastic.

We found it to be louder in the dining rooms, and more of a squash, but the most annoying thing was being constantly asked by the server, head server, and others at breakfast about the service, the speed of the meal, the quality of the meal, we just wanted to eat. In the end we went to Cabannas which was great. It was quiet, and has large windows, so we ate while sailing out of Nassau the view was fantastic.

I must admit we found this during this past week on the Magic in the med, our servers were constantly asking how the service was and even asked us on the last night to make sure we put excellent in the comment cards, as they had received below that last time and their manager wasn't happy.

TBH I really didn't like that and in the comment box asking whether we had been put under any pressure to mark things as excellent - we actually put Yes. I was disappointed and must say it dampened our dining experience somewhat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter