A lesson in sharing or how to turn 12 TS credits into 14 meals (COMPLETE)

I really enjoyed your reviews. I have to laugh when you say the Pop Food Court is edible, :lmao: I am not a fan haha.

You cannot bring WATER through security check. But you can bring any and all kinds of food. I've bought sandwiches to eat on the plane. Whatever you'd like really. I always travel with snacks in my bag of some kind.

A tip for flying: I always bring an EMPTY water bottle through security. Then I just get the air hostess to fill it on the plane. One trip I was smart and I filled it at the fountain in the terminal before I boarded. This means I'm not reliant on their serving me small cups of water and I don't have to keep annoying them. We really try to keep hydrated when flying because it's very drying. Plus it helps with jet lag when we cross time zones.

I have found that some of the airports have filtered water fountains that you can fill your water bottle up at after you go through security. I always bring a water bottle and fill it up with the filtered water before we board.

I really enjoyed your reviews. I have to laugh when you say the Pop Food Court is edible, :lmao: I am not a fan haha.

I didn't go into a raving frenzy over the absolute deliciousness of the Bounty Platter so that must have helped :) I'm not the pickiest eater and while I love foodie stuff, I have a healthy appreciation for cheap junk. The Bounty Platter was fine for what it was. I would never hesitate to order it. And with a hungry belly, it all tasted even better.

This is the most helpful and informative review I've read so far! Thanks so much.

Awww...thank you for reading. I wasn't sure how helpful people would find it so I mostly wrote it for myself (and have referred back to it for my own use multiple times since). I'm thrilled to hear that you found it useful. I learned so much through reading dining reviews here on the Dis that it is wonderful to feel that I can "pay it forward".

I have found that some of the airports have filtered water fountains that you can fill your water bottle up at after you go through security. I always bring a water bottle and fill it up with the filtered water before we board.

:thumbsup2 I just hit the fountains by the restrooms now. Still kicking myself that as a seasoned traveller it took me 2-3 flights to even think about bringing an empty bottle and than another 2-3 flights to smarten up and fill it before boarding. It's particularly important for lengthy international flights.

I followed your link in your siggy and I am glad I did. Writing it all down was a great idea and a wonderful way to remember your trip. I will have to throw a notebook into our luggage the next trip and do the same. :thumbsup2

:blush: Thanks!

I had a spreadsheet on my phone that I used to keep track of my credits daily so I could ensure I was juggling it correctly (12 days of sharing credits got a little confusing sometimes!). I always had a running tally of what I had used and how it would affect our plans.

That helped a lot when we came back and I tried to remember where we ate each day.

wow, this is REALLY helpful! i'm planning a trip for next december (2015) and want to try to figure out how to organize dining for a family of five (4 adults and 1 child). our kids eat like wilderbeast, so i'm a bit worried about doing only QSP and have been thinking about the DDP. you make me think that it just might work....:scratchin

wow, this is REALLY helpful! i'm planning a trip for next december (2015) and want to try to figure out how to organize dining for a family of five (4 adults and 1 child). our kids eat like wilderbeast, so i'm a bit worried about doing only QSP and have been thinking about the DDP. you make me think that it just might work....:scratchin

I was worried we would be hungry (or just not be in the mood to share) and planned for some OOP meals. As you can see, we had credits left over and ate a ridiculous amount of food and were always full. I found the biggest factor that made this work so well was the fact that we had a long trip and so were able to juggle credits more. I think it would be more challenging on a shorter trip with fewer credits to play with. Still, I guess that's where a willingness to subsidise with some OOP would help. Prob would still be much cheaper than doing a whole plan upgrade, especially with so many Disney adults.

:blush: Thanks!

I had a spreadsheet on my phone that I used to keep track of my credits daily so I could ensure I was juggling it correctly (12 days of sharing credits got a little confusing sometimes!). I always had a running tally of what I had used and how it would affect our plans.

That helped a lot when we came back and I tried to remember where we ate each day.
What columns did you set up with the spreadsheet? More than just where, when, what? I really like the idea of a spreadsheet to organize.

Something like this

_____________TS___CS___Snack
Starting_______48___48___48
Ohana________1
Snack stand _____________1
WPE_______________ 1

Remaining______0____0____47
(a formula)

I had it all pre-planned so my TS and CS usually showed a 0 remaining.

I had the spreadsheet on my phone so I would adjust the numbers as we used the credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!