A kink in my plan...help please-

druzicka

Earning My Ears
We are meeting my sister's family at WDW in May. We are buying park hoppers, but they are only going to be there one weekend. They want to go one day to Universal. So they only need one or two day tickets. Now, the kink: I had planned a park hopper day while they were there. Half day mk, half day mgm. Now I understand they cannot buy just one day park hoppers. What to do? Any ideas? I know they will want to see both parks, and we might not get to go on their last day. Thanks for any and all info.
:)

I don't think there is anyway for your sister's family to see both parks unless they buy two 1-day tickets. That will cost about $102 for each adult and $81 for each child 3-9.

Do they know anyone who has park hopper tickets with days left on them? Or can they buy hopper passes and save the days for another trip? Or find someone they know to share the hopper tickets with (but not on the same trip)? I've seen partially used hopper tickets for sale on ebay, but I don't recommend this method as you wouldn't really know what you were getting until you actually tried to use the tickets

Even if they were staying on site, the shortest UPH ticket is 1 night/2days and it costs more than 2 single day tickets.

Can't think of any other options. Hope you figure it out.

Edited to add:

They might be able to get a 2 day/2 park ticket. I think these are the tickets that used to be called "Bounce Back" tickets. Accoriding to Deb Wills' WDWIG:

"2 Day 2 Park- Adults $96.46 (includes tax) child, $75.26 (includes tax) expires 4 days from *purchase*. (1/01)

Here's a link to some FAQ on tickets from the WDWIG:
http://wdwig.com/ticket.htm

and here's a link to ticket info (with prices) from the DIS:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/tickets.htm#UMP Prices for 2001

Maybe one of them will give you some other ideas. Good luck!

I believe the two day/two park tickets are only good for one park each day. In other words, you couldn't do 1/2 day at MGM and 1/2 day at MK with that pass. Sorry!

tkd lisa is correct. The 2 day/2park option will not allow you to hop. I added that option to my post, because if they still want to do 2 parks on the same day, those tickets are less expensive than buying two single day tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter