A Journal to bust a plateau!

Hello Beth!

How did the band gig go? Was it packed? Did they have fun, for I know that they were awesome! Aren't our kids always!

I too think I can compensate thru increased activity. Yet, that seems to be great in the mind, yet doesn't always get out to the body!

So, just over a week til you see Mickey! In honor of your up coming trip, I am listening to Disney Radio and they are doing the sound track to Star Tours. Always a great time!

Well, I know you are busy, and with school over, I am sure it is doubled. Let us know all about Everest Expedition! I am dying to get on that ride, but I have well over a year to even get near it!

Take care and remember, it is ok to be human! I use the same reason for my 'treat' indulges!

Wendy

Well, I'm FINALLY starting to catch up on journals, Beth! Sounds like you've been busy, but WDW is a week away!!!!! How cool is that!!

Hope you can have a good, fun, relaxing trip.

Don't stress about the weight or diet, the journey will still be there when you get back!

have a great rest of the week & weekend!

Hope the 'gig' went well. That's so exciting for them!

Its been a whirlwind of activity around here, as I'm sure it has for everyone else now that school is out...

I haven't been posting so much, but I have been sticking to my new lifestyle, pretty well, though I've given up on the goal of perfection. Working out has been fun...I've discovered Turbo Jam Sculpt...which I absolutely love. Plus lots of abs, and cardio work every other day so I'm feeling really good. Just got the results of a recent physical back, and I'm in great shape! :goodvibes Though I'm not going to hit my goal before our trip, I'm adjusting to that. Certainly I feel better, and I haven't been killing myself with deprivation. I guess I've gotten out of this what I put in. Besides, there's a trip to Vegas in August that I need to stay on track for, and dh has decided to take me back to WDW this fall (without the kids) for our 22nd anniversary. Incentive to stick to it...with a small break at WDW!!

Thanks for checking in, ladies.

DS's gig was awesome!! It was at a nearby lake, and he & his band played a 1/2 hour set. They'd never played in public before and they were amazing. Not only did they play well, but they put on a good show, and got the audience involved. I'm guessing there were about 60-70 people in the audience, of all ages, though lots were kids from school. DS's band opened for another band that has more experience. I took photos w/ my cell (terrible mother: forgot the camera at home) and I'll try to post one, so you all can see how cool the boys looked.

I hope you're all having a wonderful summer so far! Hang in there, ladies...remember, its a lifestyle change, not a diet!!

Beth

Well its been a madhouse around here lately...dd is doing theatre camp and readying for the opening night of Annie on Friday...ds is planning another concert for the 13th, and we leave in only 2 days, 23 hours! woohoo!

I'm typing quitely, because I've got sleeping teenagers all over my house..2 upstairs, 3 in the living room, 3 more in the basement studio.. I b***h & complain about all the food, the mess (and yes, the smell) that so many teenagers can make, but I'm really so happy they're here. Anyhoo, I'm taking today off to make travel arrangements, and I'm pretty happy cause I'm 2 lbs down! Yay...pre menopause has slowed down Aunt Flo's visits, but not the water retention, let me tell ya. Finally my ankles look more like ankles and less like life preservers.

I've been working a lot, so eating has been like a side note, though I did snack on potato chips last night...first time in months! I think I had 10, and it just wasn't worth it. Pop Tarts, they are not!

So, I thank you all for your support over the past couple months. You are all amazing women, working so hard, and doing so much for others. I'm glad we've all met while trying to carve out a little care for ourselves. If I don't post again before the trip, I'll definitely post afterwards to let you know how the battle went...and to keep myself on track for my romantic w/e at WDW w/ DH in October. :love:

Stick to it, girls!!

Beth, we are anxiously waiting for trip reports! Pictures too! I am excited just knowing you are there!

Have a blast

Wendy

Since I know you are enjoying yourself, I am giving you a bump up so we stay at the top!

How is the Poly??? We only go there to eat at Kona's Cafe (one of DH"s secret favs!)

Wendy

Oh, what a time we had!! It was such a great trip, and I've got so much to tell...first off, let me start with the weight (it is a Journal, after all!), I didn't dare let too much time go by without stepping on the scale, so I jumped right on this morning (we got back yesterday afternoon). I only gained 2 lbs, so thats not too bad. Of course, I feel like I should have lost another 5 what with all the walking, and all the goodies I passed up! I did try really hard to make healthy choices while we were there, but I was by no means on a diet! I saved my carbs every day for a cocktail or three, and the last night we were there I had a cheeseburger...on the first night I totally lost it and ate some french fries & fried chicken tenders, but they really sat like a lump in my stomach so I took that as a sign to eat healthier during the rest of the week. By the way, if you go, try the Blue Glow-Tini (the official drink of the Year of a Million Dreams)...its really just a french martini with a blue, blinking ice cube in it, but it was delicious. At $9.00 a pop you can't indulge too much, but I had two at the Prime Time in MGM and they were yummy!

We didn't end up at the Poly...but we were seduced by the Coronado Springs Resort...of course the entire trip at the Poly was paid for already (and no credit card bill to come home to this time!), and dh was figuring we'd need about $1,500.00 more for a week of food/souvenirs...so then he figured that if we stayed at a moderate hotel, we save approximately that much $, and then we'd be in the clear. Now I was hesitant, because I'd never stayed anywhere but the Poly (and loved it every time), but the Coronado Springs is sooo pretty. And the idea of having the entire trip paid in full was so attractive, we went for it. We were pretty happy with the Coronado, which I'd recommend for romantic couples, but with the family I'd rather stay on the monorail. The Pepper Market (their food court) was delicious, and had lots of variety in choices so the kids were always happy, but we found it pretty pricey. Every meal is between 12 and 13 dollars a pop...and if you're not super hungry, the portion sizes seem really big. I did love the Laguna Bar, which was outdoors overlooking the small lake...pina coladas, anyone? Dh and I took a cocktail hour each afternoon while the kids either went to the pool or chilled out in the room (they really appreciated an air conditioned break in the afternoons).

My brother flew up from Miami to spend a couple of days with us, and that was such a special treat! He was an absolute riot, and we really loved having his company, and he got my son to go on Tower of Terror, and our picture of the family coming down Splash Mountain is priceless. I'll post it on the Bloopers & Funny Photos thread when I figure out how to do so.

I hope you're all doing great, and that I haven't missed much!! I'll go check out other journals soon! Thank you for thinking of me and checking in...I've posted a picture in my signature of me, my son & daughter (we didn't get even one single picture of the entire family together!). This was our last day, so I'm 2 lbs heavier...and the camera adds poundage, too...right?! In real life I look just like Jennifer Aniston. Trust me. Really. :thumbsup2

Thanks again for checking in on me. I hope you all had a great week, too!
Beth

Oh, what a time we had!! It was such a great trip, and I've got so much to tell
We didn't end up at the Poly...but we were seduced by the Coronado Springs Resort...of course the entire trip at the Poly was paid for already (and no credit card bill to come home to this time!), and dh was figuring we'd need about $1,500.00 more for a week of food/souvenirs...so then he figured that if we stayed at a moderate hotel, we save approximately that much $, and then we'd be in the clear. Now I was hesitant, because I'd never stayed anywhere but the Poly (and loved it every time), but the Coronado Springs is sooo pretty. And the idea of having the entire trip paid in full was so attractive, we went for it. My brother flew up from Miami to spend a couple of days with us, and that was such a special treat! He was an absolute riot, and we really loved having his company, and he got my son to go on Tower of Terror, and our picture of the family coming down Splash Mountain is priceless. I'll post it on the Bloopers & Funny Photos thread when I figure out how to do so.

I .I've posted a picture in my signature of me, my son & daughter (we didn't get even one single picture of the entire family together!). This was our last day, so I'm 2 lbs heavier...and the camera adds poundage, too...right?! In real life I look just like Jennifer Aniston. Trust me. Really. :thumbsup2

Thanks again for checking in on me. I hope you all had a great week, too!
Beth

Hey there! Yeah! Only 2 pounds, and of course all of it because of the camera. You actually make Jennifer Aniston look like Carol Burnnett. I totally trust you!

My DH and DS have stayed at Coronado. They liked it. DH like the food court concept better than than the other moderates. And, your logic for changing hotel was a great one. It is usually the reason we stay at moderate ones. More spending money that way. And as you say, it is nice not to have any bills to come home to.

It also seems that to share the experience makes it even more spectacular. I loved hauling my parents around the last time we went. They were only there 2 nights of the 8 we were there, but it was wonderful to take them places they hadn't been before.

When you get your photos posted, let me know. I would love to see them. Maybe I could learn how to do it sometime myself!

Take care! Enjoy your week, and all those wonderful memories!

Wendy

Hey there, folks! Hi Wendy, thanks for stopping by!

Well, it looks like I got home, and just kept on eating like I was on vacation...gained again last week (and I'm HOME!). I know its not what I'm eating, because I'm not eating much, so it has to be my drinking. I'm a cocktail girl, and that has just got to stop. My sister came over the other night and we sat out on the deck and drank and laughed till almost 2 in the morning. I haven't done that in a looong time. It was fun, but the scale was cruel the next day.

Anyhoo...today is the first day of dedication and commitment to my eating/drinking plan. Alcohol is out. Salads and lots of water are in. Exercise isn't a problem, I'm pretty good about my Turbo Sculpt every other day, cardio on the alternate...AND...we just got a new dog!

homeJuly07027.jpg

This is Tobi. He's a border collie mix we found on Petfinder, and he's a rescue dog from Tennessee. We brought him home on Saturday evening, and he's just the sweetest little guy! We just love him.

So, life is full and busy in our house right now. All the more reason to eat healthy and get exercise, right?

Gotta run to work, so you all have a great day/week!!

Beth

So, I'm needing to go to confession, and this will be my weight church...it won't be pretty, but trust me, I'm doing plenty of penance starting tomorrow.

I just don't know whats gotten into me (well, besides the pop tarts & brownies...grrr).

Today: Breakfast 1 Strawberry Frosted Pop tart (or as I like to call it: heaven) and a coffee with sugar free creamer

Lunch: 3 Kahn's hot dogs, w/ relish & mustard.

Mid afternoon snack: chocolate cookie dough left over from dd's cookies; some brownie batter on the bottom of the bowl (dd & friends had to make them for a camp pot luck tomorrow...it would have been rude to let them go out of the house without tasting them first)

Dinner: Chinese food: szechuan chicken, a little rice, a teriyaki steak, 2 spring rolls, and 2 crab rangoon (I can barely move!)

2 glasses of wine (this is starting to sound like Noah's meal)

2 teeny weeny pieces of brownie, and I've banished myself to the bedroom.

And whats really funny...and I do mean funny is that I ordered a 2 piece bikini for my upcoming trip to Vegas with my skinny, beautiful, younger blonde sisters. How I hate them. :rolleyes1

That is IT. Vacation is OVER...capital letters. I have one month in which to pull myself together. I will do it...and Wendy, I WILL be down that 4 lbs. by August 1. Oh, yes.

Yeah on the new dog. We have an Australian shepard, so they are similar in temperment. Now you will have a walking buddy. It makes is so much easier when the dog is looking so cute at you and all that!

I have all the confidence that you will be down 4 pounds. That swimsuit will look wonderful on you! I haven't been brave enough to get one yet, but I am sure that I will. Just waiting for a few less square inches on my legs!:lmao:

Tried loading up your pics, but I am too far from the router. So, I will do it from the desktop, and I will sit there in abject jealousy, and wish I had been there with you! I love looking at pics with family in it. Call me sentimental, but that's what I am!

Off to get my day together. Like that's even possible.

Have a great week!

Wendy

Well, if this is any indication of how my diet is going: 3 cold crab rangoons & coffee for breakfast. Hmmm. Not good. The rest of the day wasn't so bad: an Atkins shake for lunch with a side of a low carb finger cake, then home (my evil time is right when I get home in the afternoon, the kids disperse to make their calls and do their own thing while I "wink" make dinner). I grabbed another low carb finger cake, and then one strawberry pop tart. Why do I do this to myself?!

I'll blame it on stress. Dh's overtime has been cut, and well, frankly we've come to depend on it. I can cut back on spending, and increase my own work, but its been tough to rise to the challenge. Especially with this darned Vegas trip looming in a month (Mom's planned a "I've finished chemo" celebration trip to Vegas with me & my 2 sisters for a week.) Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to it, but I so want to shop to get ready for it. I need some cute shoes, a cute bag, a cute dress. Hmmm, you'll see me selling the furniture on Ebay...:lmao:

So, despite my pigginess, I have been working out well. Lots of Abs several times a day, cardio for 1/2 hour this am, plus walking/running the dog twice today. My weight has dropped a pound, so Wendy I'm on my way towards that 4 lb loss by August 1. Kind of glad we didn't make a friendly wager. LOL.

Take care everyone, and good luck to all!!

Beth!

Poptarts. Didn't we have this discussion that we were taught that it is a nutritious breakfast food?

What kind of furniture do you own? Hmmm...send pics, I may be interested! :lmao:

Tomorrow is the big WI. I am sure we both have made it! Crab ragoons and all! (My all is a trip to Lee's chicken for dinner with the kids instead of cooking in 96 degrees with the same in humidity) I did have veggies with my chicken!

I am listening to WDW music, trying to get a fix so I won't morn when DS goes without me. They just finished Illuminations. Yeah! Altho, I have to say that Fantasmic is my VERY fav! With Spectromagic a very close second.

I am getting close to bed time. Been a busy, but nothing accomplished day.
How I wish they were the opposite! :rotfl:

Have a great day, and catch up later!

Wendy

Wendy: I agree that Pop Tarts should be considered a nutritious breakfast food...it has fruit and flour. Yes, I'll buy into that.

Haha re; the furniture...actually, I've dug through the closets and found some things and put them on for sale. I won't make a killing, but I figure all I need for Vegas is one luck quarter and I could be rich!!!:thumbsup2

Hope you hit that 4lb loss...I landed in at 3 but thats ok. I'm feeling great, and have discovered Ab Jam...its a part of that Turbo Jam series. I love it! I have a hard time finding good exercise videos because back in college I was an aerobics instructor...I like to lead, not follow, but this woman who makes these routines is amazing. So motivating and really tough without being sadistic. Between her and my dog, I'm burning fat and building muscle.

I do find, though, that lately I'm forgetting to eat. I'll be out the door and on my way to a client's office when I realize I've forgotten breakfast and didn't pack anything for lunch...then of course I get home and dig right in to whatever's easy...but today that was a salad in the fridge. Could have been worse.

Wendy, your son's trip is coming up fast, isn't it? Bet he's counting down and looking forward to the Norwegian princesses. Lucky young man...

Hello Beth!

Oh yeah, fruit, in any form is good for you! :rotfl:

I didnt' hit 4, but did get to 3.5 Will have to add that .5 to August. I just skip the exercise when things get hectic, and it doesn't help that when my friend was here last week, and we went to the water park, and I fell UP the stairs, and after a week, the color is green, and the swelling finally down. It still hurts at the end of the day, and please don't touch. It really hurts then.

We were just talking about the princesses and breakfast with DS today. DH remembered an incident when DS was 5 and we were walking around at that time was Mickey Starland And, Cinderella came out from behind a building. We were the only ones on the street, and she came over to us, took his hand, and found a bench by the train station there. They sat and chatted for nearly 15 minutes before any one else realized that Cinderella was out there. It was a very sweet moment, because he used to watch Cinderella and make me fast forward thru the scene where her step sisters tear up her dress because it made him too sad to see her upset. Even tho this Princess breakfast is for fun, they do have a special place in his heart. And he can brag to all his buddies, and show off the pictures! :goodvibes

I will have to look into Ab Jams. DS wants to do something like that. He thinks it will keep off the freshman 15. With his luck, it will be the freshman 20! And to think, when he was younger, until about 15, he was too thin. Guess he is making up for lost weight. He had his physical the other day and the dr told him to drink diet pop, because a can of pop a day, for a year adds 20 pounds to your body.

Now that I have caused you to go blind reading, I am off to finish up so I can spend a few moments with DD before bed!

Take care and hug those children!

Wendy

Oh Wendy!:goodvibes I'm right there with you in hugging the babies (no matter how big they get!) So sweet about your boy wanting you to fast forward through the evil stepsister part of Cinderella...that shows he's got a good, kind heart.

I totally believe what his dr. said about the can of soda a day adding 20 lbs...you should see my fil...looks like he's about 20 months pregnant thanks to Ginger Ale and doughnuts. We keep telling him to drink diet soda, but he says he can't stand the taste. I don't notice a difference myself.

Ouch about your bruise! Sounds tender and colorful. Ow.

We've had a busy few weeks here...dd was in theatre camps for July, and performed in Annie, High School Musical and an Improv & Film premiere. She had a ball, but...during HSM, opening night, she tripped backstage (it was very dark) fell and broke her arm! Our family's first broken bone. What a trooper, though. We left the theatre in a hell bent fury, and was promptly stopped for speeding. I NEVER speed, but this was an emergency. The officer was very kind, and once he saw her arm, was like, "go,go,go!" DD was fine, amazing, really...she had a fractured & dislocated elbow, but did not require surgery. Yay. She was so tough, in fact, she was back in the show for two performances the next day. Thats my girl!!

I'll post a pic when I get one off my other computer.

Well, I'm off to convince dh that he should take me & the girl out to breakfast. DS and his band mates have crashed all over the house, and will likely sleep till noon. Ooh, did I tell you that they got their first paying gig? They're scheduled for the 3rd Sunday in Sept. for a show at a club in a nearby city...its their all ages evening, so the under 21s can play. They don't get paid much, but they do get paid. You should hear them all planning their wealthy futures. LOL!

Oh Beth, how is DD and her arm? Such a bad break--no pun intended--while doing the musical. Thank goodness no surgery! DS broke his arm a few years back by falling off his bike trying to impress a few girls! I think he learned his lesson!

Great on DS getting a gig! That is great. DS has done stuff, but usually as accompianist for friends. Still, the stage work is great experience. If we could ever figure out how to do audio clips, we could swap. I am still working on the picture thing! :lmao:

It has been crazy, but we are getting thru it. The packing, the planning, and the driving that starts tomorrow. I will have to PM you when we get back. I know I will cry all the way home. I cried the entire block I had to walk home after I put him on the school bus his first day of kindergarten. I know I wont' have to go thru it with DD, as I am sure we will be old ladies together!

Time to finish up.

Take care and I will catch up when we return next weekend!

Have a great week!

Wendy

Hi Beth!

How has your first day of school been? So far, mine is quiet, but I have to work at a different store tonight. Had a manager quit without notice. Then tomorrow I work at yet another store, because he had 3 employees quit since yesterday. I sure feel in demand!

4 more pounds this month. I have to reach that goal. I am getting discouraged. DH is fixing the Treadmill today, and that is so easy to do, with the dvd player in front. I watch alot of live concerts. Makes the time go by so much quicker.

Off to shower and all that jazz.

Take care. How is DD's arm healing?

Have a great first day of school

Wendy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter