A jerk in line at Rockin Roller Coaster

PATHRB

Earning My Ears
So I was standing in line with my brother at Rockin Roller Coaster and there was this guy with his girlfriend in front of us. My brother was minding his own business and this guy's girlfriend whispered something to the guy and he (keep in mind both of them were drinking) turned around and said to her "who this guy right here?" and stared my brother down. My bro had no idea what was going on, matter of fact he didnt even know about it until i mentioned it to him after we rode Rockin Roller Coaster. So my thing is... People, Disney world is not a BAR, you cant try to act like you are Mr Big Shot and try to "stare someone down" for some girl. There are kids around... Dont act like jerks just to try to "impress" someone.

So I was standing in line with my brother at Rockin Roller Coaster and there was this guy with his girlfriend in front of us. My brother was minding his own business and this guy's girlfriend whispered something to the guy and he (keep in mind both of them were drinking) turned around and said to her "who this guy right here?" and stared my brother down. My bro had no idea what was going on, matter of fact he didnt even know about it until i mentioned it to him after we rode Rockin Roller Coaster. So my thing is... People, Disney world is not a BAR, you cant try to act like you are Mr Big Shot and try to "stare someone down" for some girl. There are kids around... Dont act like jerks just to try to "impress" someone.

Bad behavior is becoming the norm not only at Disney World, but everywhere now. All you have to do is look around.:sad2:

There's always some guy who thinks he can take a tough stance and try to intimidate others. Best to just ignore them and show that they don't really matter at all.

we just came back from disney and the people that push in front of you to get on the monrail. :mad: I have a child in the stroller with another child and these people who are pushing are older women? not even kids.:confused3

Unfortunately people are getting ruder each visit. it is sad.

We were about to board Rock N Rollercoaster the other day when woman refused to allow a single rider to ride in the car with her. She carried on and on and when the CM finally let her ride alone, she bragged about it to everyone around her.

There's always some guy who thinks he can take a tough stance and try to intimidate others. Best to just ignore them and show that they don't really matter at all.

Good advice! :thumbsup2 Another universal truth that many bullies like that don't always remember: there's always someone bigger. ;)

Sure seems like you're doing ALOT of assuming here. No excuse for being a jerk, but any time you go somewhere that thousands and thousands of people flock to, wait in line, stand alot etc., people can get aggravated and jerks can show their true colors. By sheer numbers, if you only encounter one jerk, you're doing pretty well.

Assuming what he did was based on alcohol or because he wanted to impress the girl is pointless.

Unfortunately I let the bad people bother me. A LOT. I know, I shouldn't but I do. Less than I used to if that counts for anything. ;);) But I think that's why a year or two between trips really helps me. It helps me brush off those incidents and let them bother me less and I remember the good. :goodvibes I still remember them well, but time helps me deal.
Sorry you guys had a less than "memorable-worthy" moment. :guilty:

I'm sorry...but I have no idea what you are telling us happened. What happened? What am I missing? Since your bro had no idea anything happened until you told him and yet he was being "stared" down? How does that happen? How does one get stared down when they aren't even aware anything is happening? Doesn't it take two for a stare down? What would the possible reason be, alcohol or not? Are you sure you heard it correctly, cause something just isn't adding up for me.:confused3

The closest I can come to understanding is that this guy was hitting on your brothers girlfriend, right in front of his own girlfriend. How would that be impressing someone? Sounds like an episode of Jerry Springer.

Sorry this happened to you, at WDW of all places :sad2: but glad your brother didn't notice as that would have been worse. I understand how uncomfortable it must have felt for you. It's a pity but here are jerks are everywhere.

It seems that people everywhere are becoming less polite. I've tried to prepare my kids for it. All we can do is be on our best behavior and try not to worry about what others are doing. When I have that attitude, I'm fine and don't let the jerks get to me. Sometimes if I'm tired, hungry, etc., I can get dragged down by the jerks of the world. Its often how we react that sets the tone for our own lives.

I guess I'm kind of confused too. How old is your brother? And just because someone has a beer in their hands doesn't mean they are hopeless intoxicated. For all you know, the couple could have just gotten one beer and were absolutely fine. Did you seem them down multiple drinks?

You only saw this couple for a few minutes. And you have no idea what the girlfriend said to the guy. You are assuming a lot of things.

I'm sorry...but I have no idea what you are telling us happened. What happened? What am I missing? Since your bro had no idea anything happened until you told him and yet he was being "stared" down? How does that happen? How does one get stared down when they aren't even aware anything is happening? Doesn't it take two for a stare down? What would the possible reason be, alcohol or not? Are you sure you heard it correctly, cause something just isn't adding up for me.

The closest I can come to understanding is that this guy was hitting on your brothers girlfriend, right in front of his own girlfriend. How would that be impressing someone? Sounds like an episode of Jerry Springer.

I'm sorry...but I have no idea what you are telling us happened. What happened? What am I missing? Since your bro had no idea anything happened until you told him and yet he was being "stared" down? How does that happen? How does one get stared down when they aren't even aware anything is happening? Doesn't it take two for a stare down? What would the possible reason be, alcohol or not? Are you sure you heard it correctly, cause something just isn't adding up for me.

Really what? If your going to be condescending at least explain yourself!

I generally don't advocate such behavior, but you should have turned your back to them and dropped an SBD. Not sure what it would prove but it would make you feel better!

I would have flipped the bird, then kick...wham...Stone Cold Stunner. But that's just me.

We were about to board Rock N Rollercoaster the other day when woman refused to allow a single rider to ride in the car with her. She carried on and on and when the CM finally let her ride alone, she bragged about it to everyone around her.

According to some on the Dis, every male single rider is a potential molester, so perhaps it was a Diser just being safe. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter