A Hop, NO Skip, and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream!

Love all the deck shots! Do you know if they allow adults on the smaller slide or is it for kids only? I want to do both! ;)

I can't wait to see what excursion you did. That is the part of my trip that is still unsettled. I just don't know what I want to do on the Nassau day.

Hi Jen,
I finally found your TR and it's a picture extravaganza!! I am loving all of it, you're pictures are giving me a great look at what to expect next March! I look forward to much more!

Love all the deck shots! Do you know if they allow adults on the smaller slide or is it for kids only? I want to do both! ;)

I can't wait to see what excursion you did. That is the part of my trip that is still unsettled. I just don't know what I want to do on the Nassau day.

Kids only on the Mickey slide. I think you have to be under a specific height.

If I ever get going again on my TR, I am about to tell about my dolphin encounter (so pop on over!).

Wow, you must have been up early to get so many empty shots!!! I LOVE that Mickey pool. It was super windy on our last cruise too, but that's because there was a hurricane :lmao:

If I ever get going again on my TR, I am about to tell about my dolphin encounter (so pop on over!).

I know! I think you have been teasing us long enough! :laughing: Seriously though, I've been checking every day for an update (maybe twice a day, but who's counting :rolleyes1 ) and no dolphins yet! Just sayin'.... I'm ready whenever you are! :lmao:

It's under a certain height on the slide. So basically only kids. Claire did use it a few times and loved it. I have told you what excursion I did on another thread, ....but not here yet. I have kept my followers of my PTR in the dark for the most part....but some do know or have a good suspision..I'll reveal it soon though! :rolleyes1

Hi Jen,
I finally found your TR and it's a picture extravaganza!! I am loving all of it, you're pictures are giving me a great look at what to expect next March! I look forward to much more!

Hello!!! It was so nice meeting you (you are the one I met right? :laughing:)

The Dream was awesome! I am hoping we can go on her again next year. I have a plan...our 10th anniversary is next July...which is busy season for us (well for Skip), so I am hoping I can get him to go in March again! (or April)

Kids only on the Mickey slide. I think you have to be under a specific height.

I can't wait to hear about your experience as well. Did you ever get your CD to work? If not, I would email them and let them know....maybe there is something they can do.

Wow, you must have been up early to get so many empty shots!!! I LOVE that Mickey pool. It was super windy on our last cruise too, but that's because there was a hurricane :lmao:

I think it was 6ish. For a long time I was pretty much alone. I couldn't beleive I was the only one up. There were maintenance guys all over washing the decks and cleaning. I think they started to recognized me each morning.

I know! I think you have been teasing us long enough! :laughing: Seriously though, I've been checking every day for an update (maybe twice a day, but who's counting :rolleyes1 ) and no dolphins yet! Just sayin'.... I'm ready whenever you are! :lmao:

I keep waiting :thumbsup2too!

Wow great updates, I finally caught up!!!

I would let my girls go swimming at 11pm if I was on the Dream too!!!

After my picture and exploring tour I went back through Cabanas and grabbed a plate of food for Claire and I, and took it back to the room. Mom was awake when I got back.
We were getting near port, so Mom and I stood out on the Verandah and took in the scenery.

bluewater1.jpg

LAND HO!

landho.jpg

thereland.jpg

lifeboatrow.jpg

bahamas.jpg

atlantisinthedistance.jpg

And a few of the Verandah itself.

verhandahchair.jpg

chairverandah.jpg

mickeyheadchair.jpg

bunks.jpg

It was close to 8 and I tried to wake Claire up. She was dead to the world.

sleepingclairebeauty.jpg

I tried to entice her to get up…reminding her of the fun day we had planned, she just kept sleeping. Claire can sleep through anything in the morning. If it was a perfect world she would stay up till midnight every night and sleep till noon every day. I always say she was born in the wrong time zone. She should live in California!

I decided I wanted to run up top one more time and take some pictures while pulling into Port. Sadly I never got that “great” shot I was hoping for. The sun was so bright and the reflection off the water made it hard to get great shots, but that didn’t stop me!

Somewhere along the line I took this picture. Must’ve been on the way up, but I have no clue where? Maybe in the elevator?

metakingpictures.jpg

And here is what I wanted to get….The Lighthouse. I wanted a fabulous picture of it…and I’m not sure I really got what I wanted. But I took about a zillion pictures trying.

lighthousealone.jpg

And here is one of the shots I had really wanted….except I wanted the water to be blue!! Dang sun was NOT cooperating.

lighthouseisland.jpg

glimpseofatlantis.jpg

bwatlantisinbackground.jpg

pullingintooport.jpg

I finally got a picture of the light house with blue water….but I also got some weird lines in it too. That darn sun!!!

lighthouse.jpg

sundrenchedatlantis.jpg

thebahamascoast.jpg

Hi Dude!!!

hidude.jpg

You took so many pictures that have such detail. Thanks for giving us the Grand Tour:thumbsup2

Question; Do you think a person could easily seasick on the Dream? I seen where you said it had been smooth sailing, but over all, was it smooth the whole time?

You took so many pictures that have such detail. Thanks for giving us the Grand Tour:thumbsup2

Question; Do you think a person could easily seasick on the Dream? I seen where you said it had been smooth sailing, but over all, was it smooth the whole time?

I tend to get motion sickness and I didn't have a problem. I took one bonine before getting on the ship. That night was supposed to be rough seas, but it was never really bad to me. There are ways to prevent seasickness as well. I didn't do much though and was fine. On the past cruises I felt much more motion. I have heard others say they definately feel motion on the ship. I think some do go in thinking they won't feel a thing, but I you do, after all you are moving, but it wasn't much for me. Not bad at all.

You'll just have to schedule another cruise to try again for that 'perfect' picture of the lighthouse :rolleyes1

This one is my favorite! I love the lighthouse in B&W and the way you framed it with Atlantis in the background! Beautiful! They are all great though!

I like that shot too. It was so crappy in color..or should I say blown out sun color...and then I desaturated it and it became cool! LOL!

You'll just have to schedule another cruise to try again for that 'perfect' picture of the lighthouse :rolleyes1

I agree...I just need to get my other half to agree to that too. I have more light house pictures to play with yet. I have to admit I haven't even looked through all my pictures yet. It's kind of like a surprise as I am writing the TR. :rotfl:

After my picture and exploring tour I went back through Cabanas and grabbed a plate of food for Claire and I, and took it back to the room. Mom was awake when I got back.
We were getting near port, so Mom and I stood out on the Verandah and took in the scenery.

bluewater1.jpg

LAND HO!

landho.jpg

thereland.jpg

lifeboatrow.jpg

bahamas.jpg

atlantisinthedistance.jpg

And a few of the Verandah itself.

verhandahchair.jpg

chairverandah.jpg

mickeyheadchair.jpg

bunks.jpg

It was close to 8 and I tried to wake Claire up. She was dead to the world.

sleepingclairebeauty.jpg

I tried to entice her to get up…reminding her of the fun day we had planned, she just kept sleeping. Claire can sleep through anything in the morning. If it was a perfect world she would stay up till midnight every night and sleep till noon every day. I always say she was born in the wrong time zone. She should live in California!

I decided I wanted to run up top one more time and take some pictures while pulling into Port. Sadly I never got that “great” shot I was hoping for. The sun was so bright and the reflection off the water made it hard to get great shots, but that didn’t stop me!

Somewhere along the line I took this picture. Must’ve been on the way up, but I have no clue where? Maybe in the elevator?

metakingpictures.jpg

And here is what I wanted to get….The Lighthouse. I wanted a fabulous picture of it…and I’m not sure I really got what I wanted. But I took about a zillion pictures trying.

lighthousealone.jpg

And here is one of the shots I had really wanted….except I wanted the water to be blue!! Dang sun was NOT cooperating.

lighthouseisland.jpg

glimpseofatlantis.jpg

bwatlantisinbackground.jpg

pullingintooport.jpg

I finally got a picture of the light house with blue water….but I also got some weird lines in it too. That darn sun!!!

lighthouse.jpg

sundrenchedatlantis.jpg

thebahamascoast.jpg

Hi Dude!!!

hidude.jpg

I remember flying into there a few years back, the color of the water took my breath away. But now living near the beaches in Destin, Florida I get to see clear emerald green water every weekend. Gotta luv it!

Someday I'll be caught up! It takes SOOOO long to wait for pics on my crappy dial up! But I'm finally up to ship pictures - just beautiful!!!

Hello!!! It was so nice meeting you (you are the one I met right? :laughing:)

The Dream was awesome! I am hoping we can go on her again next year. I have a plan...our 10th anniversary is next July...which is busy season for us (well for Skip), so I am hoping I can get him to go in March again! (or April)

Yes ma'am, I was the one that sheepishly came up to you when you were crossing the bridge from England into France. I wish I had more courage to actually have a conversation.....:blush:

I hope you are able to convince him to go! I don't need to convince DH, he doesn't even know about it!!:rotfl:

I remember flying into there a few years back, the color of the water took my breath away. But now living near the beaches in Destin, Florida I get to see clear emerald green water every weekend. Gotta luv it!

I am so jealous. I tell Skip all the time that we are going to retire to Florida in the future. I was born in the wrong state!

Did you catch Santa on his post-Christmas Caribbean vacation??? :lmao:

Poor Claire must've really tired herself out with her late night swim! Hope she woke up feeling refreshed and ready for an exciting day!

Too Funny! Claire actually did good for most of the trip, considering how little sleep she had. My Mom was impressed with her.

Someday I'll be caught up! It takes SOOOO long to wait for pics on my crappy dial up! But I'm finally up to ship pictures - just beautiful!!!

I remember the dial up days. I think I got high speed about 3 years ago and it's so wonderful.

Yes ma'am, I was the one that sheepishly came up to you when you were crossing the bridge from England into France. I wish I had more courage to actually have a conversation.....:blush:

I hope you are able to convince him to go! I don't need to convince DH, he doesn't even know about it!!:rotfl:

I'm so glad you did! I can't even believe you recognized us! After you walked away I thought..."man we should've gotten a picture together!"

I remember the dial up days. I think I got high speed about 3 years ago and it's so wonderful.

I'm just too cheap! I can't justify the cost compared to our dirt cheap dial up since it's not like either one of us NEED a fast connection for work or something - our computer time is all entertainment so I just suck it up. Plus I shudder to think how much more time I would spend parked in front of the computer if it were faster.... :scared1: :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter