A Hop, NO Skip, and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream!

All caught up!!! Everything looks Dreamy!!! I can't wait to see more!

Also, congrats on the awesome photo deals!!!

I am working on an update now, but it's going slow....as usual.

We went on a RCL cruise with my in-laws and my husband's whole family in August 2008. It was our first cruise. We went on a 12 day land/cruise tour of Alaska. We did a 5 day on land tour first, then boarded the ship for a 7 night cruise. We had a fabulous time, and Alaska was gorgeous, but it was primarily fun because the whole family was together having a blast. We could have been cruising and touring just about anywhere and we'd have had fun. This upcoming cruise, my BIL and his lovely wife will not be joining us, however, my daughter's husband will be joining us, and my SIL's husband will be joining us. He was not on the last cruise because they were separated at the time. They're back together. Not nec. all good though. He's a pleasant enough person to be around though. There will be a different dynamic. This time its a Caribbean cruise though, so THAT is MY kind of cruise.

It should be fun then! Different, but fun. I think I might have more fun without extended family! :laughing: A few wouldn't be bad, but I wonder if my 2 sisters were with us if we would get annoyed with each other after very long. But I wouldn't mind giving it a try some day!

Totally off topic, but I have to ask - what is a "reverse raffle"? Loving your TR BTW - u always do such good ones!

A reverse raffle is when everyone has a ticket and they start pulling numbers out. The last ticket left is the winner. So you don't want your number called. But usually every 50 or so you might win some money or a prize if you are that number called then. One time my ticket got called failry early on, but I won $150 because it was at one of those special draws. Thats the only time we ever won anything. It would be cool if Skip came home with the prize. But I'm not sure how much it is.

Thanks for reading along. I love to know that people are enjoying themselves and what I am telling them is actually informative.
I try to write what I want to read. I am always asking questions about things, so if I know how it goes, I try to give some details on it.

There were a few people in front of us before we could board. Mom told me just to have them say my last name, which is what I was going to do anyways.

Then it was OUR turn. A CM asked what the last name was, and I told them. They then announced…..” The Hot Sexy Chicks” family! ….. Ok, really they said my last name.

And we walked in to the most beautiful place ever.

ourentrancetothedream.jpg

A CM meets up with you and tells you where you can get lunch, and I “think” he asked if we had questions, but honestly I was in such AWE, that I can’t remember pretty much anything he said.

You just want to look UP!

mickeychandeleer.jpg

lightfixtureatrium.jpg

Once we snapped back to our senses I looked to the right and saw Guest Services. No one standing in line, so I decided to go over and leave off the pillow case and tote bag that we wanted to have signed by the characters. I also put some money on my account.

clairepillowcase.jpg

toteclaire.jpg

We had a nice CM help us. She told me that each cabin was only allowed 2 items to be signed. We had only 2 so we were fine, but it made me wonder…What about the cabins that held 5 people, and if they had 3 kids? Didn’t really seem fair that only 2 could be signed if you had 3 children in a cabin. She also told me when I was applying money to my account that only cash could be taken then. If I had gift cards (which I did want to apply eventually) it would have to be after 6 PM. Not sure why.

This beautiful chair is right near Guest Services. Of course I had to have Claire pose.

royalchair.jpg

I think her thoughts were more on the line of “hurry up and get this over with”.

royalchair1.jpg

Isn’t the mosaic pretty.

royalchair2.jpg

Claire was very taken with the Grand Staircase. Who wouldn’t be?

grandstaircase.jpg

Look at the detail around the staircase.

hueyloueyanddewey.jpg

We went up the stairs and started walking towards the back of the ship. I knew that Cabanas was at the back and up a few decks.
There is that Carnival ship right out the window.

carnyship.jpg

Hmmmmm? Did the rain stop?

We stopped for some pictures in front of the windows.

momandclaireroundwindow.jpg

As you can see I was not paying attention to what I was shooting and actually focused on the ship out the window instead of Mom and Claire!!!

claireroundwindow.jpg

loungeroundwindow.jpg

We walked by D Lounge. They have a neat sign out by it that tells you the activities going on. We never actually made it inside of here, but walked by it several times.

dloungesign.jpg

dloungesign1.jpg

insidedlounge.jpg

DLounge.jpg

After those shots we continued on our way down the hall.

Hey Jen, I am woefully behind! I think it's because I keep expecting to see your TR over on the regular TR board!:lmao:

I hope you, Skip and Claire have a Happy Easter! :goodvibes

ETA: Holy cow, those pics of The Dream are stunning! No wonder you were blown away. Gorgeous!

The anticipation is too much!!! :lmao: I went over to the Disney official site for the cruises and did the virtual stateroom tour and looked at the stateroom categories. Boy, those are gorgeous staterooms!! I like them all. I think I'd even be happy with a standard inside stateroom.... just as long as I have enough room to stow all my stuff!! I bring alot of stuff! :rolleyes1

Yeah, another update!

Getting on the ship is breathtaking, isn't it? You get me so excited with you pics. And then soooo stunned - the lobby looks so different and then so familiar, if that makes sense.
I can't wait to read more and see more pics! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Happy Easter, Jen and family! :hug:

eastertitle.gif

Hey Jen, I am woefully behind! I think it's because I keep expecting to see your TR over on the regular TR board!:lmao:

I hope you, Skip and Claire have a Happy Easter! :goodvibes

ETA: Holy cow, those pics of The Dream are stunning! No wonder you were blown away. Gorgeous!

Glad you found me. I have been thinking of putting something on the regular board to direct people to my TR. I have had several messages of people asking me if I started yet.

The anticipation is too much!!! :lmao: I went over to the Disney official site for the cruises and did the virtual stateroom tour and looked at the stateroom categories. Boy, those are gorgeous staterooms!! I like them all. I think I'd even be happy with a standard inside stateroom.... just as long as I have enough room to stow all my stuff!! I bring alot of stuff! :rolleyes1

The inside rooms look awesome too. In fact on some sailings the inside room costs more than an ocean veiw room.
IH, and under the bed there is a ton of room for luggage. In fact one went way back under the bed for us and we had to make Claire crawl under to fetch it!

Yeah, another update!

Getting on the ship is breathtaking, isn't it? You get me so excited with you pics. And then soooo stunned - the lobby looks so different and then so familiar, if that makes sense.
I can't wait to read more and see more pics! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Happy Easter, Jen and family! :hug:

eastertitle.gif

It does make sense. :thumbsup2 It was just so mezmorizing!

Happy Easter to you too!

Oh my gosh Jen, I don't blame you one bit for not remembering what the castmember said to you. The ship is gorgeous!

Great update, Jen! It looks stunning, especially that stained glass light fixture! Love it!!

Happy Easter!:flower2:

I just got caught up reading your TR. Just reading it really is putting me in the mood for our cruise in June!! :cheer2:

I've been lurking and just had to say that the first thing I thought of when I woke up was I hope there is a new post on her trip! :goodvibes Thank you so much for posting as you go. I almost feel as if I'm there with you!

Happy Easter!
I am so loving your TR:)
we are not going on our 1st DCL until May 2012 and I just love how you showing so many photo's that others don't:)

The inside rooms look awesome too. In fact on some sailings the inside room costs more than an ocean veiw room.
IH, and under the bed there is a ton of room for luggage. In fact one went way back under the bed for us and we had to make Claire crawl under to fetch it!

Sometimes there is too much storage... on our Alaska cruise on RC somehow, even though I knew where I'd put it, when we packed up, some of Heidi's head bands and other hair accessories, like her brush, got left behind. The left and right mirror segments pulled forward and there were compartments behind it. They were in there, but somehow got left. :confused3 :sad2: I guess its worthy double checking the packing list before leaving to make sure all stowed items are located.::yes::

I am loving your trip report, I love when people take the time to include a lot of detail! I really appreciate you writing everything up!
The Dream just looks SO MAGICAL! I love Claire's face in the pictures with her in the chair, so cute!
I can't wait to read more! :cool1:

Oh my gosh Jen, I don't blame you one bit for not remembering what the castmember said to you. The ship is gorgeous!

It is so pretty. Just stunning. Words can't describe it and pictures can't do it justice!

Almost forgot to tell you HAPPY EASTER!

Thanks! Happy Easter to you too. I am overstuffed and very tired from the long day though.

Great update, Jen! It looks stunning, especially that stained glass light fixture! Love it!!

Happy Easter!:flower2:

Happy Easter. Isn't it pretty. I kept taking pictures of it through out the cruise too.

I just got caught up reading your TR. Just reading it really is putting me in the mood for our cruise in June!! :cheer2:

Thanks for reading. You will have so much fun. I want to book something now, just so I can Dream of going back.

I've been lurking and just had to say that the first thing I thought of when I woke up was I hope there is a new post on her trip! :goodvibes Thank you so much for posting as you go. I almost feel as if I'm there with you!

Welcome and thanks for coming out of lurkdom. Feel free to post or ask questions at any time. I started the next update, but I am so tired, not sure if I wil lget more to it tonight.

Happy Easter to you, Skip and Claire.

tiggereasater.jpg

Thanks Kathy!

Happy Easter!
I am so loving your TR:)
we are not going on our 1st DCL until May 2012 and I just love how you showing so many photo's that others don't:)

Thanks. I wish I would've taken the time to take even more. Sometimes I would think "come back later and take a picture" and I never did for some things.

Sometimes there is too much storage... on our Alaska cruise on RC somehow, even though I knew where I'd put it, when we packed up, some of Heidi's head bands and other hair accessories, like her brush, got left behind. The left and right mirror segments pulled forward and there were compartments behind it. They were in there, but somehow got left. :confused3 :sad2: I guess its worthy double checking the packing list before leaving to make sure all stowed items are located.::yes::

Yes, we did a lot of looking a re-looking when it was time to pack up. We wanted to be sure we had everything.

I am loving your trip report, I love when people take the time to include a lot of detail! I really appreciate you writing everything up!
The Dream just looks SO MAGICAL! I love Claire's face in the pictures with her in the chair, so cute!
I can't wait to read more! :cool1:

It is so Magical. Sometimes Claire likes to be my subject...and sometimes she doesn't. :laughing: Thanks for reading along

We now entered the District area. This is the area with all the bars. We walked through here many times as well, but never actually came and had a drink or enjoyed any entertainment. It was very neat looking though.

district.jpg

thedistrict.jpg

Must follow the Star path!

starpath.jpg

“Come on Mom! You are going to slow!”

starpath1.jpg

starpath2.jpg

PINK.jpg

We reached the back of the ship and made our way up a few decks to Cabanas.

cabanassign.jpg

There was a slight line up, but it moved fast. As you walk in the CM’s hand you a sanitizer wipe for you hands. Another CM will ask how many in your group and then seat you at a table.

tabletop.jpg

This was our view. On a sunny day it would be an excellent view. Today it was a drizzly view. I’m not complaining, but it would’ve been extra nice to have the sun out.

drearycarnival.jpg

Looks like the rain is back!

I went up and got Claire’s food first. The buffet seemed endless. It went on forever.

cabanas1.jpg

mickeynoodlesoup.jpg

lunchatcabanas.jpg

I went up and got my food then.

foodgloriousfood.jpg

And then Mom took her turn.

After we filled up on the main courses we also got a few desserts.

cheesecakeandmousse.jpg

This was an awning/shade type thing on the top of the windows.

awningshade.jpg

It was now about 1:40ish. We decided to finish up and head to see if our room was ready.

OK, so you HAVE to know I'm drooling over that throne shot! Not to mention all the rest too!

Can't wait to see more!

I hope you guys had a great Easter!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter