• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Hop, NO Skip, and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream!

The divers came out next. They were pretty cool, but again, not what I was there to see, so it kind of irked me.

dolphinshow12.jpg

dolphinshow13.jpg

dolphinshow14.jpg

dolphinshow15.jpg

dolphinshow16.jpg

dolphinshow17.jpg

dolphinshow18.jpg

dolphinshow19.jpg

dolphinshow20.jpg

dolphinshow21.jpg

They also randomly released birds. Again very hard to capture with the camera, especially since I usually never saw them till too late. LOL!

dolsphinshow22.jpg

dolphinshow23.jpg

dolphinshow24.jpg

dolphinshow25.jpg

Finally some more dolphins!

dolphinshow26.jpg

dolphinshow27.jpg

Finally I got a picture with several dolphin “mid flight”!

dolphinshow28.jpg

The finale had lots of stuff going on and more birds flew around…which I pretty much missed, and soon it was over.

dolphinshow29.jpg

Claire and I sat and waited for the place to clear a bit before working our way to Mom and Dad, but they worked there way to us. Sure enough, Dad said he wanted to go to another show, the one I figured he would try for. I think it was diving? Or something like that. I told him we would separate, as Claire and I were going to go and see if we could feed the dolphins. Claire then started crying. She said Papa would get lost without her reading the map for him. Mom said she could come with them and be the map reader. She was Ok then. I felt betrayed by my own little girl!!!!! LOL!
I did let her know that I was going to the dolphins and if feeding was open, I was doing it. There may be no other chance for her to do it, and she was fine with that.
We handed Claire a map.

mapreaderClaire.jpg

And took off on our separate journeys. We were going to meet up later for the last Shamu show of the day.

I stopped and sat on a bench to rest and call Skip. Today was HOT. I mean MEGA hot. It was definitely the hottest day of the trip. Now this could also feel that way because at Sea World you are outdoors all day, not many inside things to do, so you really notice the heat.

keywestcharters.jpg

Skip and I talked about the weather and he warned me that tomorrow was supposed to be rain in Orlando again. I told him I had seen that, but was hoping it was a short rain. Of course, because he wasn’t with us, he was giving me gory details of how awful it was going to be, and how much rain was coming. LOL!

He was having a hard time at home with his one brother. The brother works for him and is not part of the business. He hated working for Skip and his other brother and things were getting tense. He has since quit and things have been much quieter and running smoother now.
After I was done talking to him, I talked to a few people sitting near by. Some were from the area, while others were on vacation like us. Everyone was worried about the rain and even the locals said it was probably going to be a strong rain the next day….darn it!
I asked one guy if he knew where the pick a pearl spot was.
Claire’s note this morning was this. She also received a caoch shaped pearl cage, and one for me as well.

MPPenguin4x6NNnote.jpg

I figured we could do the pearl pick either here at Sea World or at Epcot tomorrow.
The guy told me where it was and I was still clueless. LOL! I wasn’t sure we would have time anyways, but this experience seemed more fun. They actually dive in a tank for your pearl at Sea World.
After talking a bit, I headed over to the dolphin feed area, which was very close. They were selling food and feedings were going on! YAY me!
I bought my stinky fish and got in line. I chatted with a Mom and her DD while waiting. The little girl was so cute and I knew if Claire had been in line, they would’ve become instant friends.

Soon we were let in and they gave us directions.

I took a little video while they were giving them. One thing they told us that we couldn’t set our fish tray on the wall as the dolphin would come and take the whole tray off and eat them. LOL!

After the instructions, we began feeding them!

Your Sea World pics convinced me that its ok to go to Florida and do something non-Disney. So I may add this to a future itenerary.

Can't wait to see how your dolphin feed goes. That sounds like fun.

Love the Sea World updates! I have never been to Sea World, despite the fact I have been to both San Diego and Orlando more times than I can count. Still on the fence if I wanna waste a valuable Disney day at Sea World. I am a Disney snob for sure!

Oh sure leave us hanging before and during your trip!!;)

I do love how crisp your pictures are!

Have fun this next week!

Your Sea World pics convinced me that its ok to go to Florida and do something non-Disney. So I may add this to a future itenerary.

Can't wait to see how your dolphin feed goes. That sounds like fun.

It was fun and it did work out on this trip really nicely.

Love the Sea World updates! I have never been to Sea World, despite the fact I have been to both San Diego and Orlando more times than I can count. Still on the fence if I wanna waste a valuable Disney day at Sea World. I am a Disney snob for sure!

It's hard for me too. But it still is fun and you should give it a try.

Oh sure leave us hanging before and during your trip!!;)

I do love how crisp your pictures are!

Have fun this next week!

I gotta stop somewhere. LOL!

I'm really enjoying your Sea World report and the photos are fantastic as usual!

Have a great and safe trip!! Learn lots! :thumbsup2

love the seaworld update. I actually feel the same about the dolphin show. I love the dolphins I don't want to see divers and people doing tricks! That's great but I want dolphins!
I'm so doing pick a pearl in November but I want to do it in Epcot because I want a disney pearl :goodvibes

Oh and I believe you're on your way to the world have a fantasmic trip

I have old home movies of our trip to Sea World. We were feeding the dolphins, also the seals. It was so much fun.

I wonder if the diving show was a cheap sort of imitation Le Circe de Soliel. I also think the more peole show instead of animals is sort of a sop to shut the animal rights people up.:rolleyes1

Is there anything you didn't miss on this trip! Sounds like sea world was tons of fun!

I'm really enjoying your Sea World report and the photos are fantastic as usual!

Have a great and safe trip!! Learn lots! :thumbsup2

Thanks. I hope to come home a wealth of knowledge!

love the seaworld update. I actually feel the same about the dolphin show. I love the dolphins I don't want to see divers and people doing tricks! That's great but I want dolphins!
I'm so doing pick a pearl in November but I want to do it in Epcot because I want a disney pearl :goodvibes

Oh and I believe you're on your way to the world have a fantasmic trip

It just wasn't a true dolphin show in my opinion. But it was OK. The dolphins were great. Pick a pearl was fun. I obviously won't be writing that part up for a bit, but Claire LOVED the experience.
I actually leave tomorrow morning...we'll leave the house about 6:30 AM.

I have old home movies of our trip to Sea World. We were feeding the dolphins, also the seals. It was so much fun.

I wonder if the diving show was a cheap sort of imitation Le Circe de Soliel. I also think the more people show instead of animals is sort of a sop to shut the animal rights people up.:rolleyes1

I have to say, we never even got close to the seals. I wanted to see them and many other things, but we just ran out of time, thats one reason we would like to go back.
It was kind of like a Cirque de Soliel show.

Thats too funny about Claire crying about papa getting lost without her to read the map!

I'm glad you got to do your thing and feed the dolphins.

I hope it didn't rain on you to bad the next day!

And have a great trip!

Thats too funny about Claire crying about papa getting lost without her to read the map!

I'm glad you got to do your thing and feed the dolphins.

I hope it didn't rain on you to bad the next day!

And have a great trip!

She worries about him. The rain slowed us a bit, but not too bad. But that day was fun and a whole 'nother story/mishap!

Have a great trip and hurry back to update us :)

Thanks!

One final good bye. We went tractor pulling today and Skip did awesome and he is pretty happy. He tied for 1st. I'll be getting up pretty early, so off to bed I go! ( and most likely not sleep!)

Sea World sounds like fun, would like to go there one of these days, if I can drag myself away from Disney!!!
Have a great time learning new things about our favorite place, sounds like an exciting trip :yay: Can't wait to hear all about it :)

LOL - that is so cute that Claire was worried about your Dad!!!! Feeding the dolphins sounds fun, I don't think they had that when we went in '05? I know you are having a great time and can't wait to hear all about it.

Whew! All caught up! :rotfl2: you are such a great story teller and all your pictures are fabulous! I can't wait to read your AEP TR!

Claire is such a beauty! Her BBB pictures and the Mary Poppins ones are so precious!!! Makes me want a little girl! :rolleyes: but Rhett did say he would turn into a pirate next summer on the Fantasy! :thumbsup2 your photos have gotten me so excited about it!

I hope you are having an amazing time!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter