A Hop, NO Skip, and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream!

I so wish I were standing in line for Splash Mountain right now instead of sitting at my desk. Looking at your pictures makes me wish we hadn't skipped it last trip.

Terrific trip report.. Great photos of the ship and CC. We sail the Dream in 2 weeks so you can imagine how much I've been loving all the great photos and descriptions!! I love your daughter's last night souvenir (The Dream plush w/characters aboard) I think one of those is coming home with us. Thanks for such a great read..and you got to go to WDW after your cruise.. more to read..yay!!

Good grief! I am gone for the weekend and you have left me in the dust! You have been busy!:laughing: I was so far behind and had so many thoughts in my head that now I can't even remember what I wanted to say. The pictures from Splash are awesome though! I feel like I was right there with you. :thumbsup2

I have to say that was an amazing read. What a cruise report!!

I have booked our first ever Disney Dream Cruise for October 2012 and I am so excited after reading your report.

There looks so much to do and see.

Do all children have to wear a name bracelet and if so up to what age.

I loved your boarding T-Shirts. Did you have them designed or did you buy them from Disney??

I also loved the Mickey Watch necklace, my daughter would adore that. Would you mind telling me where you purchased that.

Your photo's were amazing. I am going to sit my DH down this evening now and he can enjoy your report like I did.

Thanks so much for joining me. I'm nto sure about the bracelet. I know if they plan to use the kids clubs they have to have it and if you lose it there is a charge.

I had someone who is a fellower Diser make those shirts. She also sells on Etsy and wil lcustome make them for you.
The watch necklace I got on ebay and it's from Hong Kong or some far away place like that...so it took like a month to arrive.

You are goin to have a wonderful time!

Wonderful trip report!

It's funny you mentioned that your daughter likes Sonny at Cosmic Ray's because my daughter (age 10) hates him!

She despises him so much, we can't ever eat there. For some reason, although she has no trouble with the Disney characters, she cannot stand muppets or puppets of any kind. We can never go the The Muppet 3-D movie at Hollywood Studios because she refuses to do so. Which kind of stinks for her father and me because we have fond memories of The Muppet Show.

My daughter did the BBB once on her 7th birthday. That, she loved. She complains everyday when I brush her hair, but had no problem with her fairy godmother in training "torturing" her. :laughing:

Thanks for reading!! Claire has only saw the muppets once and she got sick right after, so I don't think she even remembers it. She likes it OK at home, but not her favorite. She loves Sunny though. I think she thought he was real.
Yes, Claire loves BBB, but I barely even look at her hair myself and she will cry. :laughing:

Ok, I'm up to day 5! :)

Show pictures came out awesome! And Animator's Palate looks really cute - and yummy!

I love Claire posing in her Tiana dress!

The shows were so awesome. I loved the musci and costumes.

Thanks for transporting me to Frontierland today Jen :love: Great photos!

Hey, thats what I'm here for! LOL! :banana:

HAHAHAHAHAHA~:rotfl2: I bet it's closer to 140.

Now that would be slightly exagerating! :rolleyes1

I so wish I were standing in line for Splash Mountain right now instead of sitting at my desk. Looking at your pictures makes me wish we hadn't skipped it last trip.

It was a nice ride. I hope to get more up about it tomorrow, but I have about 80 threads to catch up on again... OOPs.

Terrific trip report.. Great photos of the ship and CC. We sail the Dream in 2 weeks so you can imagine how much I've been loving all the great photos and descriptions!! I love your daughter's last night souvenir (The Dream plush w/characters aboard) I think one of those is coming home with us. Thanks for such a great read..and you got to go to WDW after your cruise.. more to read..yay!!

I am so jealous. I wish I was sailing again in 2 weeks.
I think I should start getting commission on that stuffed ship...I think 4 people have said they were going to buy it now too. :woohoo:

Good grief! I am gone for the weekend and you have left me in the dust! You have been busy!:laughing: I was so far behind and had so many thoughts in my head that now I can't even remember what I wanted to say. The pictures from Splash are awesome though! I feel like I was right there with you. :thumbsup2

I tried to pump them out while Skip was away this weekeen. Of course the last 2 days I have been so busy and barely had time to even think about doing any more updates. I also want to start my PTR. I have to make a decison if I should work on that next or do one more update first, then start that.

I love how you take pictures of absolutely everything! It really sets the stage. I do that too sometimes, but lately trying to take pictures of Jack is so time consuming I just focus on those! I hope he is tall enough to ride Splash this fall!

Great reasoning on the use of a stroller, makes perfect sense! If I were to stay out that late for EMH I would need a stroller to get back to our room. :lmao: I think that the latest that we stayed out was around 12. We used to stay out really late, but now can't do it.

That rain was awful. At least you got out a bit and braved it. I know what you mean about CRT. We ate there too, and it was so dark and you had no clue what was going on outside. But luckily our day there was nice!

Did you see Harry Potter then? I am hoping to squeeze that in next year.

Yay for 7 weeks. It's so close, yet so far. We have so much to do here before that time. The good thing is that I don't have to make too many plans for this trip, so I won't have to over think things...well most things. :laughing:

It's tough, but I was excited for the day too. It was an EMH night at Mk, so I had a long day planned.

:hug:

Yes we went to "Harry Potter land" it was very neat but hot and crowded. River got scared on the Harry Potter ride and came off of it crying. I got a little sick to my stomach but I'm glad I got to do it once.

Your photopass pictures turned out great!

We haven't been to Cosmic Rays for a couple trips now. I don't think River remembers Sunny Eclipse either. I'd like for us to get to see him next time.

I can't wait to hear what Claire thought about Splash Mountain. River and I were both terrified to go on it the first time but as soon as we did it we loved it.

I love how you take pictures of absolutely everything! It really sets the stage. I do that too sometimes, but lately trying to take pictures of Jack is so time consuming I just focus on those! I hope he is tall enough to ride Splash this fall!

I can take a picture of pretty much nothing! :rotfl:

Great reasoning on the use of a stroller, makes perfect sense! If I were to stay out that late for EMH I would need a stroller to get back to our room. :lmao: I think that the latest that we stayed out was around 12. We used to stay out really late, but now can't do it.

Yes, late nights and strollers work well for anyone of any age. :laughing:

Yes we went to "Harry Potter land" it was very neat but hot and crowded. River got scared on the Harry Potter ride and came off of it crying. I got a little sick to my stomach but I'm glad I got to do it once.

OH no! I do hope to try it though in the future.

Your photopass pictures turned out great!

We haven't been to Cosmic Rays for a couple trips now. I don't think River remembers Sunny Eclipse either. I'd like for us to get to see him next time.

I can't wait to hear what Claire thought about Splash Mountain. River and I were both terrified to go on it the first time but as soon as we did it we loved it.

Thanks. We enjoyed Splash. Claire rode it once before, but I think she didn't remember a lot of it...heck I didn't either.

Geez, you've been busy!! No wonder I get so far behind so quickly!:rotfl:

:sad2: for having to leave the ship. No matter what, Disney always seems to leave you wanting more, doesn't it? Funny that you were able to get a porter that had family close to where you live. The term "Small World" definitely applies here.:goodvibes

I'm curious to know how the non-hopper option on Claire's ticket worked for you. For our trip in October, we have AP's, but the family that we are traveling with will have regular tickets, no hoppers. I've NEVER done the parks without hoppers. Hopefully, we'll be able to get the most out of it.....

Hooray for starting your "Excellent Adventure" PTR!!:cool1: Headed over there now!

Geez, you've been busy!! No wonder I get so far behind so quickly!:rotfl:

:sad2: for having to leave the ship. No matter what, Disney always seems to leave you wanting more, doesn't it? Funny that you were able to get a porter that had family close to where you live. The term "Small World" definitely applies here.:goodvibes

I'm curious to know how the non-hopper option on Claire's ticket worked for you. For our trip in October, we have AP's, but the family that we are traveling with will have regular tickets, no hoppers. I've NEVER done the parks without hoppers. Hopefully, we'll be able to get the most out of it.....

Hooray for starting your "Excellent Adventure" PTR!!:cool1: Headed over there now!

We haven't used park hoppers since 1999, so it's not usually an issue for us. I had left over days from that year though, so my ticket stil lhad hopping on it. We just bought Claire a regular ticket. For us it's not a big deal, because we usually do one park a day. We seem to never have enough time as it is, and hopping just takes that time away from us. We always say if we want to hop, we can just add it, but so far we haven't had the need. Claire likes to swim a lot, so if we are tired of the park and leave, we just usually go to the pool. Since we were only there the 2 days, it wasn't a big deal for me. I knew I wanted to do Mk and Epcot for sure, but I kind of also wanted to do AK, but I just couldn't justify $50 + dollars for 1 day of hopping (probably only about 3 hours of park time at AK). Claire didn't care, and she doesn't know any different. We had a good time at MK and did most of everything we wanted. We missed a few things, but I am happy we didn't hop. There is just not enough time in the day for us.

Just now joining in - and going back to the beginning to do some reading :)

Welcome! Thanks so much for joining in! I do have the handy links on the first page (I think it's in the 4th and 5th posts) so you can skip the chatter!

Whoo-hoo! I'm all caught up! :) My kids are with Grandma for the day and the boys I watch left early, so I thought reading TR's was the most productive use of my time. :rotfl:

I'm so excited for park pictures!! The cruise pictures were awesome and I loved seeing the gorgeous ship and especially the beach, but my heart is the parks and I can't get enough park pics!

POP looks so fun, I really think after seeing pics in a few trip reports that we'll have to stay there next time.

Love the baby duck pics and Momma needing a smoke break. If I had that many little ones, I may take up smoking too. :lmao:

You got some cute photopass pics. Claire's expressions make me smile - reminds me so much of Benjamin when I've been taking WAY too many pics and he's DONE. :)

Claire was very patient in line. It was HOT and long, but she just hung there with me. We chatted a bit and of course I took more pictures.

birdhouse3.jpg

birdhouse4.jpg

birdhouse5.jpg

We got one of “those” families behind us ….. close walkers…you know the kind…you take one step forward and they take two. It was a little annoying. The line wasn’t moving very fast, so it wasn’t like I was lagging behind. I had actually turned a couple of times and bumped right into them. I guess they didn’t care, because they didn’t stop hugging us. I just get really annoyed by that. I was hot and sweaty and I didn’t need someone else’s sweat on me. I needed a little personal space.

Hey look…a milk can!

milkcan.jpg

mikcan2.jpg

And we are getting closer!

splashmountainlattern.jpg

50ftplunge.jpg

splashladder.jpg

mountaingear.jpg

splashsaddle.jpg

powderkeg.jpg

barrelofkegs.jpg

shadow.jpg

brerrabbit.jpg

After 40 minutes of waiting…I don’t think so!

lastchancetoexit.jpg

Claire and I got front row! And lucky me sat right in a bit of water.

upwego.jpg

And we’re off!

splashfrog.jpg

clairessplashprofile.jpg

treehouseladder.jpg

splashlaundry.jpg

viewofcastlefromsplash.jpg

We got a bit of a splash and I ducked to cover the camera…and guess what, that wet seat got wetter. All of the splash ended on my backside…rear to be exact…which Claire thought was really funny.

splashedclaire.jpg

Whoo-hoo! I'm all caught up! :) My kids are with Grandma for the day and the boys I watch left early, so I thought reading TR's was the most productive use of my time. :rotfl:

I'm so excited for park pictures!! The cruise pictures were awesome and I loved seeing the gorgeous ship and especially the beach, but my heart is the parks and I can't get enough park pics!

POP looks so fun, I really think after seeing pics in a few trip reports that we'll have to stay there next time.

Love the baby duck pics and Momma needing a smoke break. If I had that many little ones, I may take up smoking too. :lmao:

You got some cute photopass pics. Claire's expressions make me smile - reminds me so much of Benjamin when I've been taking WAY too many pics and he's DONE. :)

I love those me days. Usually I mow the grass or something boring like that...or take a nap! :rotfl:
I do love Pop. it is a fun resort. I have a TON of pictures from staying there over the years. This time around, I didn't take quite so many.

I thought we had chatted about this before. Course, there are a couple of us who have a young one and older ones.. and my old brain forgot if you were the one I chatted with. :rolleyes1 Sorry ;)

So Claire and Zoe are very close in age. Zoe turned 6 in February. I know it isn't necessarily a popular idea to have a 6 (or in my case when we go almost 7) year old. in a stroller. I have really liked the MacClaren we have since it is designed to accommodate a slightly larger child. We may have the same one (pink and gray?) Anyway... I have more than got my monies worth from the purchase of that stroller. I will also be keeping in for grand babies. (my oldest just got married last month but like you...not quite ready to be a gma yet. ;))

I know that my dh will want to leave the stroller behind. I know right now if we were to go... I would anticipate her needing the stroller. Just for the reasons you stated. " able to last longer without complaints" and "The stroller was a lot of help for me and we could also carry a bag with it without it weighing me down so much" I will have a bag that I have to carry with items for Zoe. I assume the stroller will still be a big help come December. It helps me to know that you too would bring one. :thumbsup2

Hello I put my 8 year old in a stroller when its really hot or late. She gets too cranky NOT to. She will be 9 on Friday and I SO will still put her in a stroller when necessary. Of course it helps that she's like Tinkerbell.. she may have Rapunzel's hair, but she is TINY! She is 47" tall (not tall enough for Primeval whirl yet) and just about 45 pounds... soaking wet! She wears a size 6x-7 depending on brand. she can wear size 5 shorts too. Her shoe size is 13 in little girls. Most of her friends are a head taller at least and could never fit in a stroller. But Heidi fits. I still have a Disney stroller ticket left over from last trip. DH just usually gets a weekly packet and we use as needed, which means we have a couple left over each trip.

btw: I have no idea how to edit my counting ticket that says just the 3 of us. Its no longer just the 3 of us. My friend and her daughter are joining us on the 17th.

Oh sure, leave us hanging on, waiting to take the plunge!:lmao:

I laughed when I seen Claire's 1st close up of her face, she looks alittle aprehensive.

I want to do SM, in Sept, but I don't want to walk around with a wet hinder!

Hello I put my 8 year old in a stroller when its really hot or late. She gets too cranky NOT to. She will be 9 on Friday and I SO will still put her in a stroller when necessary. Of course it helps that she's like Tinkerbell.. she may have Rapunzel's hair, but she is TINY! She is 47" tall (not tall enough for Primeval whirl yet) and just about 45 pounds... soaking wet! She wears a size 6x-7 depending on brand. she can wear size 5 shorts too. Her shoe size is 13 in little girls. Most of her friends are a head taller at least and could never fit in a stroller. But Heidi fits. I still have a Disney stroller ticket left over from last trip. DH just usually gets a weekly packet and we use as needed, which means we have a couple left over each trip.

btw: I have no idea how to edit my counting ticket that says just the 3 of us. Its no longer just the 3 of us. My friend and her daughter are joining us on the 17th.
Thanks for sharing this! Dd has been doing a lot of growing and is so much bigger than she was on our last trip... But I am pretty sure she will need a stroller come December...if for no other reason than to help carry her medically necessary items. It helps to know that we won't be the only ones in the parks with a stroller:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter