A Hop, NO Skip, and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream!

Love the Mary Poppins dress!! Sorry about Le Cellier, last time I went it was great but I am a salt snob these days as I can only have 1500 to 2000 mg grams daily so with steaks and other freshly cooked items I say do not salt while cooking and am very specific with that!!! Salt it and I send it back...use too many sauces...I send it back. My best friend thought FP was for the birds til she saw how I used it and we minimized back tracking except for 1 person and we rotated who was the fast pass runner. It became fun for her when we got a fp then ate lunch, watched the line grownto 2 hour wait for some rides and handed our fp after lunch and walked on walking by the standby line!! Sorry your Dad never got it.
Cant wait to hear more and watch the nest trip report form...are u planning another trip...my nest trip is DCL Fantasy Dec 15,2012 so I need to get a lot of fixes between now and then!!

No future trip in the works yet. My "hope" is to go again somewhere in the spring. My two "wants" are either DCL again or DL. Of course WDW would be nice too. I also want to do Universal, so if we do DCL, I may try ot get a day or two (or 3:rolleyes1) at Universal. I am also hoping for another agent education program next year and possibly attending that. Hoping for a DCL one or one at DL.
There is a DCL one going on in Oct. of this year, but it's too soon for me to go back and my MIL is going to have surgery sometime soon, so if I planned that trip, it would be my luck that her surgery would be that same week.

Your Dad continues to crack me up :laughing:

Cool of your Mom to pay the bill...MINE woulda put up a fuss and wanted reimbursement :sad2:

btw...I think that "spider" is actually a butterfly ;)

Beautiful pix...as usual. And, I don't think Claire takes a bad pic...not even her 'grumpy' year :goodvibes

Soimetime we just laugh at him and his ideas.

My other guess was a butterfly too. I look at it sometimes and think definately spider, them later think, no butterfly! :laughing:

LOL- I criss-cross the parks, it's the only way to do what I want!

Marie was a great find for us! Kadence had been having a meltdown and she saw Marie and it was over!
We first saw Marie in 2009, She was kinda off the path in MK and there wasn't anybody else around her. She took Kadence by the hand and walked away a little. They seemed to have a moment and came back. We only have video, because it was only John and Kadence, Sam & I were on Space Mountian and he apparently doesn't think of pics at a time like that!

You were lucky to get video, Skip pretty much would know how to turn either camera on, so I would get nothing...because he wouldn't even tell me too much detail either. :rolleyes1

What a great picture of Marie's back side! LOL! :lmao: I hope she came back and you got to meet her.

Isn't it fun to run into DISers at Disney????

She does come back...eventually.
It is fun meeting Disers. Someone one Brook TR said she saw me this past trip from my back side in the single rider line at Test Track. Too bad she didn't yell at me and say hi.

We did the Visa Meet and Greet, and we were told it would be a half hour, but it was more like an hour. We got to meet Mickey (we met him 4 other times so this wasn't that special) and Pluto who we hadn't seen yet. I don't think it was worth the wait just to get a free 5x7.

Love the passports, look just like mine. I assume you used my cousins husband.

Yeah, I don't know wh ythey said 5 minutes, when I never even took a stop forward in that time. For me time was important then. I'd rather have an honest answer.

And yes, I did use your cousins husband. He did a great job.

Very cool that you met a Diser! I hope to do that someday. The closest i have ever come was seeing a LimeGreen Mickey head on a stroller at Chef Mickey's - lol!

I love Marie - she is so cuddly! I think Maddie and I need to watch Aristocats this weekend.

No future trip in the works yet. My "hope" is to go again somewhere in the spring. My two "wants" are either DCL again or DL. Of course WDW would be nice too. I also want to do Universal, so if we do DCL, I may try ot get a day or two (or 3:rolleyes1) at Universal. I am also hoping for another agent education program next year and possibly attending that. Hoping for a DCL one or one at DL.
There is a DCL one going on in Oct. of this year, but it's too soon for me to go back and my MIL is going to have surgery sometime soon, so if I planned that trip, it would be my luck that her surgery would be that same week.

I vote DL!!:banana::banana:I luv DL. It is great fun. more compact. Same great fun. You save$$$ by staying off property all much closer than reort hotels and the off properties that are preferred have some of same perks ie extra magic hours.:thumbsup2

Oh, I can't wait to see pictures with Marie. I have never seen her in a park before. And your dad just cracks me up.

Too bad you weren't that impressed with Le Cellier, I liked it there the one time we went but they don't have the awesome entree that I had anymore--It was King Salmon 2 ways, mmmmmm it was good. I liked the soup but like you I didn't think it was really all that "cheesy", more of a potato/bacon soup. The bread shouldn't have been hard, when we went it was nice and soft. I don't knw that I would go there for dinner, too pricey and if I had the dining plan I like it but I don't think it is worth 2 credits.

Love the Mary Poppins Pics!

How awesome that you got to meet Sheresa!!! :thumbsup2

I love your Epcot Passport too. I think I'll have to do that for Henry in the future, he will really enjoy that.

The Mary Poppins pics brought tears to my eyes! Beautiful pictures and you can really tell it was a magical moment!

So what your tying to say is that you didn't have to ask for any salt with your dinner?:laughing: Sorry you didn't like it better. I have a horrible time trying to find something to eat in Epcot. River and I are very picky eaters. All we want are cheese pizzas at every meal and I can't find them there.

Thats great you got the shot you wanted with thier parasols open. It was adorable! It sounds like Claire was quite the celebrity there. I guess you were too getting recognized and all:cool:

I have a picture of Marie's backside too! She looked so cute swishing her tail from side to side as she walked away that I took a picture.

Very cool that you met a Diser! I hope to do that someday. The closest i have ever come was seeing a LimeGreen Mickey head on a stroller at Chef Mickey's - lol!

I love Marie - she is so cuddly! I think Maddie and I need to watch Aristocats this weekend.

I have been to Disney a few time when I knew other Disers were there, but never met up or even ran into them. One family was even staying at Pop when I did and I thought for sure we would see each other at some point. And this trip I actually was going to try and meet up with one gal if we both had time and that never worked out. We were actually supposed to try on the epcot day and her phone number was in my missing phone :rolleyes1

I vote DL!!:banana::banana:I luv DL. It is great fun. more compact. Same great fun. You save$$$ by staying off property all much closer than reort hotels and the off properties that are preferred have some of same perks ie extra magic hours.:thumbsup2

DL looks fun too. Skip really wants to go to CA and we almost went this year, but decided on the cruise for less walking. The only draw back for us is the long flight. I will be happy with either of those choices though.

Oh, I can't wait to see pictures with Marie. I have never seen her in a park before. And your dad just cracks me up.

My Dad is a character...."Goofy".

Too bad you weren't that impressed with Le Cellier, I liked it there the one time we went but they don't have the awesome entree that I had anymore--It was King Salmon 2 ways, mmmmmm it was good. I liked the soup but like you I didn't think it was really all that "cheesy", more of a potato/bacon soup. The bread shouldn't have been hard, when we went it was nice and soft. I don't knw that I would go there for dinner, too pricey and if I had the dining plan I like it but I don't think it is worth 2 credits.

Love the Mary Poppins Pics!

I am glad we tried it, but it just wasn't so fabulous to me. Maybe if I hear better reviews in the future we can try it again, but not for several years.

How awesome that you got to meet Sheresa!!! :thumbsup2

I love your Epcot Passport too. I think I'll have to do that for Henry in the future, he will really enjoy that.

The Mary Poppins pics brought tears to my eyes! Beautiful pictures and you can really tell it was a magical moment!

It was a nice meet. It was kind of a neat feeling to have someone recognize us.
I did like the passport and it was very cheap too, if I remember right.
It was a great meet with Mary.

So what your tying to say is that you didn't have to ask for any salt with your dinner?:laughing: Sorry you didn't like it better. I have a horrible time trying to find something to eat in Epcot. River and I are very picky eaters. All we want are cheese pizzas at every meal and I can't find them there.

Thats great you got the shot you wanted with thier parasols open. It was adorable! It sounds like Claire was quite the celebrity there. I guess you were too getting recognized and all:cool:

I have a picture of Marie's backside too! She looked so cute swishing her tail from side to side as she walked away that I took a picture.

No salt shakers needed there! :rotfl2:

Marie is so cute. She's like a big live stuffed animal.

I am so worried that people from here will come up to me at WDW and I won't have any clue who they are! I always make sure to check to see who is going at the same time I am just in case!:rotfl:

I am so worried that people from here will come up to me at WDW and I won't have any clue who they are! I always make sure to check to see who is going at the same time I am just in case!:rotfl:

I had that happen to me yesterday...and it was a Diser....I'll post about it later, but I did have a Dis meet right here in Ohio yesterday.

Sorry, I haven't updated. I have loaded the AEP trips pics to my computer and have been backing them up on CDs. It is taking forever. I can't get DVD's to work on my computer for some reason. If I could, it would go so much faster. I jsut don't want to chance losing them, so I am doing this before I work on other stuff.

Hi Jen!

I've been a very bad DISer lately, just haven't found the time. I'm finally caught up (I was actually all the way back in the Shamu Show portion of your trip!!) and cannot believe your trip is on it's last day! Now, you do have that AEP TR to do, I cannot wait for that one!!

I'm sorry that you weren't impressed with Le Cellier. I have an ADR for lunch in October, and I hope it doesn't disappoint. We've been there in the past and really enjoyed it.

Mary and Claire, what a pair!! Those shots are really lovely Jen! I'm glad that she was in a posing mood.

Ah, yes. Our DIS meet!:goodvibes I have to be honest, I noticed Claire and her Mary Poppins dress first, and then you (and your hair!). I almost didn't come up to you, thinking I would be intruding on a family moment, but my DH encouraged me to do so, and I'm so glad that I did. It was only a few moments, and you were so nice to let a complete stranger talk to you.:lmao: You can go down in history as being the first DIS meet I've ever had. Hopefully one day we'll get to meet again, and I'll have Madelyn with me.

Love the Mary meet! She looks wonderful. The photos with the parasols are awesome!

I probably wouldnt' like Le Cellier. I don't like salt! :sad2: I cook with it some, but never put it on food (except home made french fries!) If i put salt on something, you know it's really bad!

Hi Jen!

I've been a very bad DISer lately, just haven't found the time. I'm finally caught up (I was actually all the way back in the Shamu Show portion of your trip!!) and cannot believe your trip is on it's last day! Now, you do have that AEP TR to do, I cannot wait for that one!!

I'm sorry that you weren't impressed with Le Cellier. I have an ADR for lunch in October, and I hope it doesn't disappoint. We've been there in the past and really enjoyed it.

Mary and Claire, what a pair!! Those shots are really lovely Jen! I'm glad that she was in a posing mood.

Ah, yes. Our DIS meet!:goodvibes I have to be honest, I noticed Claire and her Mary Poppins dress first, and then you (and your hair!). I almost didn't come up to you, thinking I would be intruding on a family moment, but my DH encouraged me to do so, and I'm so glad that I did. It was only a few moments, and you were so nice to let a complete stranger talk to you.:lmao: You can go down in history as being the first DIS meet I've ever had. Hopefully one day we'll get to meet again, and I'll have Madelyn with me.

I am so glad you came up top me. It was wonderful meeting you. And hopefully our paths cross again in the future! :thumbsup2

Love the Mary meet! She looks wonderful. The photos with the parasols are awesome!

I probably wouldnt' like Le Cellier. I don't like salt! :sad2: I cook with it some, but never put it on food (except home made french fries!) If i put salt on something, you know it's really bad!

It was very salty and I LOVE salt. Too much for even me. But I just wonder if it depends on which chef is working..or somehting like that?

I had an unexpected/expected Dis meet on Tuesday!

I know that doesn't make sense. :rotfl:

There are a few Disers who live in my area. One is Normangirls. We pm each other every so often. She live not very far from me as well. She has actually done a bit of business with my Mom since we have been back as well.
This week (today is actually the last day) our County Fair is going on. It's a big deal around here for a lot of people. Kids even get a day off of school for it. (Tuesday) I know years ago it was ranked as one of the best fairs in the country. I don't know if that is still true, but it still is a great fair.

Anna (Normangirls), PM'd last week and said to be on the look out for her and she told me where she would be working at the fair and where their cows would be.
On Friday we went up for the tractor pulls (Skip dodn't pull as his tractor is broken again). It was REALLY hot, so Claire and I went for a walk around the fair a bit. It was crowded and we didn't see much, but we did see Anna's cows, but no Anna.
I went again on Monday, but it was again packed and I spent most of the time with my family (sisters, neices, BIL & mom and dad)
Tuesday we were meeting one of my friends and her DD to ride rides. This is the big day for rides as they have a discounted rate this day.
I put Claire on a ride and stood to wait for her.
A lady comes up to me and says "Hi Jennifer" all smiles. I had NO clue who she was, but I did waht Skip always does and said hi and smiled. She had her teen DD with her and I looked at her thinking it might be one of Paige's friends, but still no recognition.
Finally she laughed and said, her name and I knew then it was Normangirls. We talked a few minutes and it was very nice. She had told her DD when they saw us that I was a Diser and her DD didn't believe her so she said she would prove it.:laughing:

We had her DD take our picture as well.
This is my first local Dis meet! :banana:

I have horrid squinty eyes in both pictures. But here they are.

jenandana.jpg

annaandI.jpg

Notice the jacket...Thats my new sweatshirt from my AEP trip. Friday it was like 115 heat index and Tuesday it was in the 60's and very windy. What a difference in temps!

Finally, here is my 15 minutes of fame!

It was completely awesome to meet you and Princess Claire this week. My girls really got a kick out of it, although the youngest two were focused on the rides and fair food!

If anyone is wondering, Princess Claire is just as adorable in person as she is in Jen's lovely pictures.

BTW, a special thank you to my DD15, who managed to take a beautiful picture of Jen, and yet make me look like a total dork.

:goodvibes

How cool! Local meets are even cooler, though more confusing probably. More chance that you know this person from soemwhere and just don't remember them :lmao:

Jen, sorry I'm so far behind again (have been sick the last three days). Love the Mary Poppins dress. I'm sorry LeCellier did not do it for you; we've eaten there at least five or six times and always had wonderful meals (I keep trying to find a cancellation to get in this trip).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter