Two trips are better than one! A June and September 2016 PTR-new trip report link

Hi! Following along! I'm also going to WDW next year (Feb 2016) and staying at the Poly too! We rented DVC points. I'm not sure where they are going to stick us but it's somewhere with a standard view.
I may request the Tokelau longhouse as it looks pretty convenient.

You will love the Poly! I stayed there last year when it was undergoing construction and it was still awesome. Now it's a renovated, they have Trader Sam's Grog Grotto, and the volcano pool looks amazing.

I am dying to check out the HP stuff in London! Can not wait to hear about it!!! So cool, and London amazing!

I love Disney and all but other cities are amazing too!

We are pretty excited!

To show you what a Disney goober I am my DH has decided to take our youngest to DLR for a few days while we will be in England and I'm jealous. Is that wrong or what? :rolleyes:

Hi! Following along! I'm also going to WDW next year (Feb 2016) and staying at the Poly too! We rented DVC points. I'm not sure where they are going to stick us but it's somewhere with a standard view.
I may request the Tokelau longhouse as it looks pretty convenient.

Well Hi there! :wave2: And :welcome:! Thanks so much for joining in! Ooh, Feb should be a great time to go to DW! 2016 seems sooooo far away, doesn't it? Tokelau does look like a great location,mice been studying the resort map and dreaming of which longhouse to request.

You will love the Poly! I stayed there last year when it was undergoing construction and it was still awesome. Now it's a renovated, they have Trader Sam's Grog Grotto, and the volcano pool looks amazing.

I can't wait to actually set foot there! I never dreamed we'd actually get to stay at the Poly but I seem to be making good work at converting my DH into a Disney addict. :rotfl2:I'm really excited to hang out for a bit at Trader Sam's. They have one at the Disneyland Hotel in Calif. and we got some "to go" drinks from there to have by the pool but never went in :confused3

OMG LONDON!!! You will be over on my side of the pond!! :woohoo:

I know!!!!! :drinking1

giphy.gif

Celebration time kids!!!

I just made my 500th post!

giphy.gif

Woo hoo! I'm an official Dis Veteran now!

In other news I almost had the DH talked into a 4 night Disney Cruise for his birthday this coming February, but sad to say it's a no go...boo!

after much debate we decided the $$ would need to go towards the new car I want so fooey. He did agree though that after the 2016 trip to Europe and our Disneymoonaversary we could start alternating a Disney Cruise and a DW trip every year, so that's kind of exciting! You know what that means @Elevationist, I get to start obsessing over my 2018 DW trip :rotfl2:.

It's almost September...then we start the 365 day countdown at the end of next month!​

Yay congrats!
He did agree though that after the 2016 trip to Europe and our Disneymoonaversary we could start alternating a Disney Cruise and a DW trip every year, so that's kind of exciting!

That is a good plan! Probably what we'll end up doing too!
It's almost September...then we start the 365 day countdown at the end of next month!

How exciting!!

Celebration time kids!!!

giphy.gif

Wooooo! Congratulations! :woohoo:

after much debate we decided the $$ would need to go towards the new car I want so fooey. He did agree though that after the 2016 trip to Europe and our Disneymoonaversary we could start alternating a Disney Cruise and a DW trip every year, so that's kind of exciting!
Wait, does that mean a Disney Cruise in 2017? (I'm slow. :rotfl: )

You know what that means @Elevationist, I get to start obsessing over my 2018 DW trip :rotfl2:.
Wait wait, are we skipping over 2017?! I'm so confused! :confused3 (For what it's worth, I'm doing a week at WDW in October 2017, then a DCL Land & Sea package in early December 2018. :thumbsup2 )

It's almost September...then we start the 365 day countdown at the end of next month!
Woooooo! I remember hitting the "Less than a year to go" mark for my upcoming trip. It feels GREAT, and I can't believe it was almost 9 months ago now! :eek:

Talk to me about split stays :rolleyes1. Anyone done them?? Do you think it's worth it?

Here is my Disney reasoning, you all should know exactly what I mean because Disney reasoning is SOOO much different than real life reasoning, right?

As of right now we have 6 nights at the Poly with a 6 day park hopper and a MEGA ADR wish list that I have been trying desperately to figure out how it's all going to fit in. In a stroke of genius today I thought well heck, I should see if I can convince DH to leave a day early and do just our first night somewhere a little less pricy than the Poly ( POR perhaps) for just a room only reservation and we can pay OOP for food that first night.

I hate to burn a full day park ticket on half a day but the difference between a 5 day and 6 day hopper is only like $50 or something like that, so I don't want to downgrade to a 5 day hopper. The possibilities of 6 FULL touring days are endless y'all ! :idea:

Has anyone done a different resort for the first night that can give me any pointers? I'm sure it would be fairly easy being a RO reservation. How does this work with DME? Can they take you to one resort at the beginning of your stay and pick you up from a different resort?

I'm off to research....my favorite thing!!!

Celebration time kids!!!

giphy.gif

Yay!!

giphy.gif

In other news I almost had the DH talked into a 4 night Disney Cruise for his birthday this coming February, but sad to say it's a no go...boo!
after much debate we decided the $$ would need to go towards the new car I want so fooey. He did agree though that after the 2016 trip to Europe and our Disneymoonaversary we could start alternating a Disney Cruise and a DW trip every year, so that's kind of exciting!

I was so excited there about your cruise! But OMG alternating DCL and WDW every year??? :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

tumblr_np01zdyNHD1rtwxo6o1_500.gif

There I just a HP gif just for you! (It is from HP right???) We cool now??? :rotfl:

Talk to me about split stays :rolleyes1. Anyone done them?? Do you think it's worth it?
I have! Me! Me! Pick me!! :wave:

Personally I love split says, not that you would ever have guessed that *cough*six hotels in one trip *cough* but I do think it depends on what kind of traveller you are. I never unpack when I travel (I'm super lazy!) so moving around is easy, but if you are the kind of person who likes to unpack and just settle in one place I could see it being more of a drag.

BUT I loved seeing different resorts and having a different feel at each one. I think they are worth it (and sometimes its cheaper!) and being the indecisive person I am wouldn't like just doing one resort. Plus it is super easy moving your bags around, just give them to Bell services and they will have them moved for you, no muss no fuss!

Has anyone done a different resort for the first night that can give me any pointers? I'm sure it would be fairly easy being a RO reservation. How does this work with DME? Can they take you to one resort at the beginning of your stay and pick you up from a different resort?

For what I have read DME is really easy if you are split staying just they just need to know where to take you and where to pick you up from!

Yay congrats!

That is a good plan! Probably what we'll end up doing too!

How exciting!!

Thanks!! I think it's a pretty good plan too!

Wooooo! Congratulations! :woohoo:

Wait, does that mean a Disney Cruise in 2017? (I'm slow. :rotfl: )

Wait wait, are we skipping over 2017?! I'm so confused! :confused3 (For what it's worth, I'm doing a week at WDW in October 2017, then a DCL Land & Sea package in early December 2018. :thumbsup2 )

Woooooo! I remember hitting the "Less than a year to go" mark for my upcoming trip. It feels GREAT, and I can't believe it was almost 9 months ago now! :eek:

Yes, that would mean a Disney Cruise in 2017 and a DW trip in 2018. Sorry to confuse you! I would LOVE to plan my next DW trip during the Christmas time holidays!! I'm already ( of course you know the obsessive planner types) researching tentative 2017 cruise itineraries! Of course they can change, but it's fun to play "what if" :tilt: probably looking at the end of May or beginning of June 2017ish.

Yay!!

giphy.gif

I was so excited there about your cruise! But OMG alternating DCL and WDW every year??? :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

tumblr_np01zdyNHD1rtwxo6o1_500.gif

There I just a HP gif just for you! (It is from HP right???) We cool now??? :rotfl:

I have! Me! Me! Pick me!! :wave:

Personally I love split says, not that you would ever have guessed that *cough*six hotels in one trip *cough* but I do think it depends on what kind of traveller you are. I never unpack when I travel (I'm super lazy!) so moving around is easy, but if you are the kind of person who likes to unpack and just settle in one place I could see it being more of a drag.

BUT I loved seeing different resorts and having a different feel at each one. I think they are worth it (and sometimes its cheaper!) and being the indecisive person I am wouldn't like just doing one resort. Plus it is super easy moving your bags around, just give them to Bell services and they will have them moved for you, no muss no fuss!

For what I have read DME is really easy if you are split staying just they just need to know where to take you and where to pick you up from!

Of course you would know, Lu, oh QUEEN of split stays!! I really like the idea of ticking another resort off my wish list. The next problem is choosing which one! :teeth: I'm really bad about staying in budget with so many amazing places to stay! Naturally my crazy brain says save POR for my next DW visit when our youngest will most likely be along and it will be more expensive with three of us. :cutie:

I'm completely ok not unpacking if I only stay somewhere for a night or two, if it's longer I like to settle in. Plus I kinda like the idea of not having a set plan on arrival day. I just have to pick a resort with a great view and an awesome bar!

I'm so happy you threw in a HP gif just for me! I feel so special! I know how much you love Potter ( not :rotfl2:) We are totes cool, always were

giphy.gif

Edited to add....you really need to give the cruise thing a shot, they are really wonderful. Start with a short 3 night cruise, my DH and son were both nervous about cruising and they got over it lickety split!

Last edited:
A tad busy right now... but congrats on earning your ears! :)

Hey Kelly! I've just found your PTR from a message you left me on mine :goodvibes
Oh my goodness, your food and activity plans look AMAZING.
And that's so great that you're staying at the Poly - think of all the monorail access :laughing::goodvibes Have you checked out http://www.tikimanpages.com ? He has some great info about all of the longhouses, and the resort in general, I've read his entire site in preparation for my trip this year!
We did a split stay last year but we weren't on the dining plan (we had room discounts instead) - but I know it's no problem for DME to drop you off at one resort and pick you up at another :goodvibes Unfortunately I can't quite remember how the booking worked, but I think I filled in two separate forms, one for drop off and one for pick up. I do remember it being easy to do :goodvibes

Hey Kelly! I've just found your PTR from a message you left me on mine :goodvibes
Oh my goodness, your food and activity plans look AMAZING.
And that's so great that you're staying at the Poly - think of all the monorail access :laughing::goodvibes Have you checked out http://www.tikimanpages.com ? He has some great info about all of the longhouses, and the resort in general, I've read his entire site in preparation for my trip this year!
We did a split stay last year but we weren't on the dining plan (we had room discounts instead) - but I know it's no problem for DME to drop you off at one resort and pick you up at another :goodvibes Unfortunately I can't quite remember how the booking worked, but I think I filled in two separate forms, one for drop off and one for pick up. I do remember it being easy to do :goodvibes

Hi Katie! :welcome: Thanks for popping over to my PTR!
I have visited Tikiman's pages, they are wonderful! I think I've looked at every photo and studied the resort map several times :) agonizing over which longhouse to request :rolleyes:
Thanks also for the info on the DME, that eases my mind a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter