Two trips are better than one! A June and September 2016 PTR-new trip report link

Oh my gosh, I love it!!!! Everyone does Harry Potter but I'm so tickled you did other characters than Harry, Ron, & Hermoine! You did a fantastic job!

giphy.gif

Happy Thanksgiving!

giphy.gif

For all my American friends! And to all my Brit and Canadian friends Happy November 26!

Since it's a day of giving thanks I'd just like to take a minute to thank all of you who read along with me and who I've gotten to know on your own trip reports. You've truly become part of my extended crazy Disney family and I'm so happy to call each and every one of you friends.

Enjoy your day and this precious time with your loved ones! :love:

Ps...June trip update coming soon, it's almost ADR time, can you believe it!?!

Happy November 26 right back atcha! :laughing:
Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Happy November 26th! My favourite November day! Well other than Guy Fawkes Day (i.e. bonfire and fireworks night) or as you know it...November 5th! :rotfl:

Have a Happy Turkey Day! Gobble Gobble! :squirrel: (p.s this is the closest thing to a turkey I could see so please pretend this squirrel is a turkey. Thank you please! :laughing:)

Just a quick update for my mom/son trip in June...June ???? That's so far away! :scared: Yes, yes it is! But this coming Sunday happens to be our ADR day! I'm really excited because I'm treating it as a practice run for the big trip at the end of September.

So here's the plan Stan;

Dates June 2-7
June 2 is a travel day and I'm hoping to catch a flight that will get us to MCO around 9:30pm. There is another flight I'm looking at that won't get us in until 11:45 pm that we could do as well but it's not my first choice. We haven't purchased tickets yet because prices are still sky high, man I hope that changes! pixiedust: We have a room only reservation at Pop that first night and will then move on over to WL the next morning for the rest of the stay. We have the regular dining plan, so 1 QS, 1TS per day

Here's the plan for Eats:

Friday, June 3
head to MK in the morning until about 3:00, hop to Epcot for a while ( crossing my fingers that Soarin will be back up by then). Stay at Epcot until 8ish and boat it on over to the BC for Beaches and Cream! I'll try to snag an ADR around 9:00pm. Maybe we can catch some Illuminations fireworks from the BC

Saturday, June 4
AM EMH at AK! I love AK in the morning! We will hang out there and talk to the animals for the morning, wave at the Yetti and grab a Yak Attack with a snack Then bus it over to the Contemporary to check out the
Contempo Cafe for QS lunch. And perhaps do a little day drinking on the monorail loop :drinking1. Maybe then grab a rest back at WL and then the plan is to head back to MK for the evening. I'm hoping they are going to extend night hours at MK because as it shows right now they have no extended park hours for PM? :confused:

Sunday, June 5
AM EMH at HS. We'll tell some stories with toys, check out the the GMR ( never been on it), rock out on a roller coaster and maybe hit ToT if we are feelin' it. We will then probably catch the boat on over to Epcot for a QS lunch somewhere in the World. Then hoof it back to WL for a dip in the pool and poolside cocktail hour. Maybe a nap :idea:. Then dinner at
California Grill! I'm super excited for this one, our first time there. I'm hoping to snatch up an 8:00 or 8:30 ADR, since Wishes is at 10:00. Fingers crossed!

Monday, June 6
Crystal Palace breakfast! We will keep all fingers and toes crossed for this one too because I'm going to try and snag the coveted 8:00 or so spot before park opening. Posted park opening hours are for 9:00, so I'm hoping hey stay that way. I think we will most likely stay at MK most of the day this day since it's our last day :sad2:. And I think I'll go ahead and make an ADR for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern and just pay OOP. Gotta try that Ooey gooey Toffee Cake!. We will have one more QS credit left so we will use that on a late dinner in the MK.

Tuesday, June 7
Departure day, boo!:sad:
Breakfast at WL
Whispering Canyon Cafe, once again pay OOP since we used up 2 TS credits on Cali Grill. I'll probably book a mid day flight so we can take our time that morning. I hate those crack 'o dawn departures. #notgonnadoit

And there we have it. I just hope I can drag my hind quarters out of bed early enough to get those critical spots at CP and CG. Will let y'all know how it goes!

Last edited:
But this coming Sunday happens to be our ADR day!

Tomorrow!

So here's the plan Stan;

Okay go, Joe.

and boat it on over to the BC for Beaches and Cream!

:thumbsup2

I'll try to snag an ADR around 9:00pm.

Should be do-able. When I booked with less than 60 days out I was able to snag a late one.
With you booking that early, I would think it'd be fairly open.

And there we have it. I just hope I can drag my hind quarters out of bed early enough to get those critical spots at CP and CG. Will let y'all know how it goes!

Good luck!

It could have been disastrous if I hadn't realized my mistake the night before. See I thought I was all ready and prepared to start my ADR quest bright and early on Sunday morning when Friday night at precisely 10:30 pm I realized my window opened up on Saturday, not Sunday!

giphy.gif
While I was at work on Friday I decided I would rather stay at WL for the whole trip and cancelled my room only res at Pop for our arrival night and tacked on the extra night to our WL stay. Cool, it's only $$ right? :rotfl:We have the DP for our WL stay and since I was going to be paying OOP for a couple of places we want to try out it made sense, so this option gave us another day on the DP, but it didn't click that doing so opened up my ADR date a day early. :banana: I almost had a minor panic attack. Thank you spreadsheets!

So I set my alarm to wake me up at 3:50am, which stunk because I had to be up at 6:15 to go to work on Saturday.

giphy.gif

This was me on Saturday morning trying to focus on the iPad screen. Was it worth it? Absolutely! Here's how it went down with a couple of minor changes to the original plan.

Friday 6/3 Beaches and Cream 9:00pm
Saturday 6/4 QS only
Sunday 6/5 California Grill 8:45pm
Monday 6/6 Crystal Palace 8:05am
Liberty Tree Tavern 2:00pm ( I may end up cancelling this one)
BOG 7:30pm ( bonus! I couldn't help myself)
Tuesday 6/7 Whispering Canyon Cafe 9:30am

I'm pretty darn happy with my arrangement! Pain in the patoot getting up that early but for this oberobsessive planner it was all good!

Have an amazing weekend my friends! :butterfly

I like all those ADRs. I don't think I could do CP, LTT and BOG all in one day. But that's just me.
Also woot! for another day at WL!

I like all those ADRs. I don't think I could do CP, LTT and BOG all in one day. But that's just me.
Also woot! for another day at WL!

I actually agree! Three ADR's in one day is too many. I'm pretty sure LTT is going to be eliminated from the line-up. Ooey gooey toffee cake will have to be saved for another day :rolleyes:

Could you not move the LTT to the QS only day? I don't remember what the plan was for that day, but you may be able to. Just went back to look. What about adding it just for dessert when you head back to the park? Might work....?

Could you not move the LTT to the QS only day? I don't remember what the plan was for that day, but you may be able to. Just went back to look. What about adding it just for dessert when you head back to the park? Might work....?

That might work, but I'm not going to sweat it too much. My son wasn't really set on it anyway, so it's a pretty easy elimination. I'm just going to put it on my list for future trips :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter