A hidden gem, a cannot miss, and a don't waste your time

Hidden Gem: Sanaa
Must Visit: Yachtsman's Steakhouse
Don't Waste Your Time: BOG Dinner

*edit, oops TS, not QS

Last edited:
Hidden gem - Jiko, Boma, Grand Floridian Café, Trail's End.

Must visit - Via Napoli, Yak & Yeti, Beaches & Cream, Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles (CS).

Don't waste your time - Be Our Guest dinner (lunch is good), Chef Mickey's, D-Luxe Burger (Springs).

Hidden Gem: Sanaa- even though it's not much of a secret on here it is out of the way and the food is great!

Must Do: BOG dinner- I liked the food but besides that the atmosphere at dinner is much calmer than lunch and you can really enjoy the immense theming.

Skip it: Garden Grill dinner- the character interaction was great but the main platter of food was gross in my opinion. The smell of the whole place from the water around it was so off-putting. It was the only meal on our last trip that I said never again. I would be willing to give breakfast a shot though.

Hidden Gem: Kona Cafe, Sanaa, Mama Melrose, Restaurant Marrakesh & Skipper Canteen

Must Do: Raglan Road

Skip It: San Angel Inn (sad to say because the atmosphere & location is top notch, but food quality & service on my last visit a few wks ago was worse than even last year. In a slow, sad slide to the absolute rock bottom) & Deluxe Burger

Hidden Gem: Backlot Express, the Dark Side chicken & waffles are amazing and it's seriously just chicken tenders and waffles. It haunts me!

Must Do: BOG dinner. We've celebrated our 10th & 12th anniversaries here, so it's sentimental for us and the Fairy Tale Cuvée is so delicious!

Don't Waste Your Time: this is a hard one, we've enjoyed all our dining experiences so far. I think I'll go with Hollywood & Vine, though. I have a sensitive stomach and something from there set it off.

Hidden Gem: Beaches & Cream for dessert specifically - get the Kitchen Sink. And make sure you're hungry (or have at least 4 people with you!)
Can't Miss: San Angel Inn in the Mexico Pavilion - the ambiance is amazing, and the food has never disappointed either.
Skip: Liberty Tree Tavern - pricey and sub-par food as far as Disney quality goes.

Hidden Gem: Sanaa at lunch, Kimonos before the karaoke starts.
Must Do: Boma (breakfast and dinner both. :) )
Don't waste your time: Tokyo Dining (It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either, and the service felt weird.)

Hidden Gem - Morimoto Asia for lunch - if you like the items on the admittedly limited set lunch menu then this is a great use of a TS credit
Can't Miss - Hollywood Brown Derby Fantasmic Package. And Narcoosees will always be on our list with DDP. Oh, and Boma, even without DDP we'd go there.
Don't bother - Yachtsman!!! Not bad, but not a good use of 2 credits each and the very hefty tip for us, we had better steak at Outback. And Tokyo Dining, shame, we loved it 3 years ago but agree with Elizabeth above, the service was weird, pace of meal all wrong, dessert was horrible, the sushi was average and the entrees were tiny.

Sencybil.

Hidden Gem: Yak and Yeti table service
Must visit: Ohana
Skip: Teppan Edo (wasn't horrible but wasn't my favorite)

Hidden Gem: Tangierine Cafe or The Boathouse
Must Do: 'Ohana and 50s Prime Time
Don't Waste Your Time: Tony's

hidden gem Turf Club
must visit WPExpress, Crystal Palace breakfast, Olivia's
Don't Waste Your Time Grand Floridian Cafe

Hidden Gem: Grand Floridian Cafe
Can't Miss: Kona Cafe
Don't Waste Your Time: Be Our Guest

Hidden Gem: The Wave - we found this on our last trip and we loved it. You can ADRs the day before and staff was lovely - great food too.
Must Visit: Ohana - every time!! Kona Breakfast and Sanaa!
Won't go again: Cinderella's Royal Table. We did this once for the experience but won't return anytime soon. Way too expensive for mediocre food.

Hidden Gem: Kona Cafe for lunch - such a quick and easy (and not terribly expensive) break from MK but empty every lunch I've been there!
Must Visit: Sanaa - yummy!
Don't Waste Your Time: 50s Prime Time - each visit has been full of mediocre food and none of that signature interaction from the CMs

Hidden Gem: The Plaza

Can't Miss: Tusker House (10:30 am breakfast)

Don't Waste Your Time: Le Celllier

Just curious - why a 10:30am breakfast at TH? We have a 10:30am reservation but it's only because we enjoy sleeping in!! :cool2: Is there something we should know?

And, just cause I'm here:

Hidden Gem: Jungle Cruise Skipper's Canteen
Can't Miss: Beaches and Cream for dinner
Skip: Chef Mickey's breakfast, although I'm willing to give it a second chance!

We like the 10:30 breakfast so we can get to the park at RD and ride EE a few times and maybe get in a ride on the safari before breakfast. We will eat a couple of granola bars or a banana on the way to the park to tide us over and then have a delicious breakfast that also counts as our lunch. It's just worked out so well for us the last couple of trips :-)

Hidden Gem: Sanaa- even though it's not much of a secret on here it is out of the way and the food is great!

Must Do: BOG dinner- I liked the food but besides that the atmosphere at dinner is much calmer than lunch and you can really enjoy the immense theming.

Skip it: Garden Grill dinner- the character interaction was great but the main platter of food was gross in my opinion. The smell of the whole place from the water around it was so off-putting. It was the only meal on our last trip that I said never again. I would be willing to give breakfast a shot though.

We ate dinner at GG once in 2006 and said never again. It was totally disgusting…fried cat-fish anyone?? :crazy2: Just totally NOT our thing. I actually wouldn't mind trying breakfast there sometime…I kind of like the idea of getting the food from LWTL right downstairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter