A Heaping Helping of Disney with a Side Dish of Drama - June 2013 TR

Will they ride or will they hide?? Sometimes I crack myself up. Yes I know it wasn't that funny.....on with the show.

Posing for a picture

Yep we are at Splash Mountain! We had waited in line about 10 minutes at this point and were beginning to wonder if the time on the board was correct. I wanted to grab fastpasses and come back later. DH felt that if we left the line the boys would not come back. So we waited and luckily, the line moved a bit faster!

No clue what part of the wait this was??

So did we make it past the Last Chance Exit???

Yes we did!!!!!

DS6 (my braver one) sat up front with me ready to conquer the world. DS11 (my one with sensory issues) sat in the second row with his hands over his ears but we were ON!!!!

Trying to catch a picture of a boat going down....bad timing and bad photography!

DS6 asked if we would get stuck by the "pointers" on the way down. Poor baby, I had never thought of that before!

Welcome!!

I was being brave with my camera.....completely not thinking about the water everywhere.

And then I decided to put my camera away and enjoy the rest of the ride. Both boys LOVED it!!!

Since we were all about conquering fears at this point, we figured we would conquer the other one and ride Haunted Mansion. DS11 loves Haunted Mansion but DS6 can't get past the stretching room.

The line wasn't long and we chose the quicker of the two paths to get in and get it over with.....I didn't want anyone backing out!

In the stretching room, DS6 was held by his daddy and he covered his ears and eyes in order to ignore all the "scary" stuff. I gave him a goal to find the coldest room and the room with a party. That took his mind off of it being scary and he was able to point out both rooms to me while we rode. He enjoyed HM as well and decided it wasn't so bad after all!

After riding HM, we decided to make our way back over to Fantasyland for our FP. It was still a little early so we checked It's a small world. What did we see?

A 105 minute wait?!?!?!? But there is no line......wait......something MUST be wrong. We asked the CM and she said that the sign was messed up and the 10 was stuck but that the wait was only 5 minutes! Of course we can wait 5 minutes!

In the 5 minutes that we had to wait, there was a group of students on a school field trip that grated my last nerve. Now, being a teacher myself, I'm used to dealing with children all day every day but the chaperone with these kids let them do anything!! They were kicking the metal grating, hollering, jumping on each other and nearly running into us the whole trip to the boat. The chaperone never ever even opened her mouth to say a word. The kids were probably junior high age and should have known better. She looked to be fresh out of college and completely defeated.

ANYWAYS....when we got to the boat and I realized that we were going to be stuck for the entire ride with THEM, I quietly asked the CM loading the boats to please skip us and let us ride on the next boat. I whispered to him that the kids were driving me crazy. DH was appalled that I would do that but I can tell you we had a MUCH better time with families as opposed to going with those crazy kids!

It would not have been the happiest cruise on earth had we been seated with the field trippers.

Photos that are too dark but I still take them anyways!

The drunk hippo has both eyes open!!!!

Everybody now....."It's a small world after all.....It's a small world after all....."

Off of the happiest cruise and onto Peter Pan!

No clue who this guy is but this picture is my only proof that we rode Peter Pan!

Ahh what a beautiful sight!!

And now it's time for dinner because my kiddos think 5:00 is dinner time so we discuss our options and DH confesses that he REALLY wants Cosmic Rays. Off we go to try it again...this time it was a success!

Sorry I forgot to take a pic of my food until I had started eating...

I really like their baked chicken plate! The green beans are well seasoned and fresh tasting. This is one of our favorite cs meals in MK.

UP NEXT - our first dose of drama.....what would cause it? How would we handle it?

Thanks for reading along!

Hi, I missed your lunch update before, but I just caught up. We tour basically the same way. 45 minute waits turn my stomach, and we just walk on by and say we will be back..especially for IaSW! Honestly, who waits that long?? I understand that wait more for Space Mt or something along those lines, but for Small World? Come on! I love SW as much as the next Disney crazed mom, but I can't fathom actually waiting in line for it, knowing that it is bound to be a walk on at some point in the day!

We saw the little building for the Pirate game, and we were wondering what it was about. Now that I know, I can't wait to play it! It looks like it's somewhat like the Kimpossible missions were (and what I assume the P&F game is like now) since the KP missions would make things happen in the parks. I also agree that the Sorcerer game isn't maybe my most favorite thing to do, due to it just being on the screens. We didn't play it this year, but we did last year, and it's neat but not something I could see myself spending any large amount of time with. We still do like to stop in and grab the cards though as a souvenir!

I also have to say, I don't blame you one bit for asking for a different boat in IaSW. It saved your cruise around the world, it would have been miserable if you were stuck w/ those kids acting like animals! I am pretty sure I had posted on fb about this, but there was a family in line at PoTC that kept trying to cut me in line, and it ended with me telling them to please stop, which then escalated to the mom & dad verbally harassing me through the rest of the line. I sure did ask the CM to keep them away from us on the boat! This was on our last day and was followed by the teenage boys spitting back and forth and spitting on me & Adison..bad ending to the trip! So tell dh that being near the wrong people on a ride can really impact your experience!

And..YAY for the kids being brave through Splash and HM. I love HM personally, but Splash isn't for me, the drop makes me feel sick. I did brave it 2 trips ago though, so I share their pride! lol

So glad the boys rode Splash Mountain and even better that they enoyed it! The same was not true for our Gabriel:sad:

I would have done the same thing on Its a Small World and my DH would have reacted the same way as yours did:thumbsup2. We went on PoTC once with a group like that and it ruined the whole experience.

I have a random Peter Pan ride picture also;)

I got the same dinner as you did when we ate at Cosmic Rays. I had never eaten that meal before and will say that even though I am usually not a green bean fan theirs were some of the best I have ever had. I even made my DH try one and he does not like veggies at all. He also thought they were good.

Whew! Catching up here.
I have to just say, I sang all the songs along with you. My pony's name is Teeka, and almost every time I see her I say "Hello, Tiki-tiki-tiki-tiki-tiki-pony!" hehe
The pirates adventure looks fun! Some day I'm trying one of those things.
HORAY for conquering two fears in a row!! That's awesome!
I don't blame you one bit for asking for a different boat on iasw. If you were stuck on the same boat with a loud, rambunctious group of kids, it's not like you can get off in the middle!

Oh cool! That Pirate's Adventure quest looks like fun. We saw where they were giving out the maps last week, but it was too hot for us to even consider walking around Adventureland more than we had to. I hope it's still available during my next trip. I love interactive stuff like that! It was the same with Kim Possible too in Epcot. I could only do it if I was willing to deal with the heat.

Yay for conquering Splash Mountain AND Haunted Mansion! That must've been so great for you and for the boys to feel accomplished!

I like that you asked to be skipped on IASW so you wouldn't have to ride with the middle school kids. I teach middle school and know just how obnoxious they can be when they're not with the right chaperone/teacher! Before trips, I speak to my kids before we leave our classroom about their behavior and what I expect of them and what any potential consequences might be. They're typically always very behaved when we're out. When they're under the supervision of another teacher in the school though, it's crazy! They're at that age where they want to be independent despite still being kids, but if the teacher/chaperone doesn't hold on to the reins, it can get out of control!

I'm so sorry for arriving late! Can't believe I missed this. :confused:

I'm now caught up with the road trip down to the first day in the park.... you've crossed off your list so many classics and favorites of mine. The boys are adorable!

May I just say that Cosmic Rays is awesome!! I love their rotisserie chicken as well!

Hi, I missed your lunch update before, but I just caught up. We tour basically the same way. 45 minute waits turn my stomach, and we just walk on by and say we will be back..especially for IaSW! Honestly, who waits that long?? I understand that wait more for Space Mt or something along those lines, but for Small World? Come on! I love SW as much as the next Disney crazed mom, but I can't fathom actually waiting in line for it, knowing that it is bound to be a walk on at some point in the day!

We saw the little building for the Pirate game, and we were wondering what it was about. Now that I know, I can't wait to play it! It looks like it's somewhat like the Kimpossible missions were (and what I assume the P&F game is like now) since the KP missions would make things happen in the parks. I also agree that the Sorcerer game isn't maybe my most favorite thing to do, due to it just being on the screens. We didn't play it this year, but we did last year, and it's neat but not something I could see myself spending any large amount of time with. We still do like to stop in and grab the cards though as a souvenir!

I also have to say, I don't blame you one bit for asking for a different boat in IaSW. It saved your cruise around the world, it would have been miserable if you were stuck w/ those kids acting like animals! I am pretty sure I had posted on fb about this, but there was a family in line at PoTC that kept trying to cut me in line, and it ended with me telling them to please stop, which then escalated to the mom & dad verbally harassing me through the rest of the line. I sure did ask the CM to keep them away from us on the boat! This was on our last day and was followed by the teenage boys spitting back and forth and spitting on me & Adison..bad ending to the trip! So tell dh that being near the wrong people on a ride can really impact your experience!

And..YAY for the kids being brave through Splash and HM. I love HM personally, but Splash isn't for me, the drop makes me feel sick. I did brave it 2 trips ago though, so I share their pride! lol

Yes we loved the Pirate game and really enjoyed the Perry game as well (especially now that the boys are a little older and can venture farther away from us in each country). Some of the Perry missions are the same as the only Kimpossible ones. I do know that one of the Japan ones is the same for sure because we did that one later in our trip.

I didn't feel bad at all for asking for a different boat but DH doesn't like to ask for special anything. He felt I should have just gotten the boat with the kids. I felt that I did it quietly and respectfully as I just whispered to the CM my request and he was fine honoring it. :rolleyes1

Splash does have quite a drop at the end. DS7 loves it more than DS11 but they both ride it willingly now!

So glad the boys rode Splash Mountain and even better that they enoyed it! The same was not true for our Gabriel:sad:

I would have done the same thing on Its a Small World and my DH would have reacted the same way as yours did:thumbsup2. We went on PoTC once with a group like that and it ruined the whole experience.

I have a random Peter Pan ride picture also;)

I got the same dinner as you did when we ate at Cosmic Rays. I had never eaten that meal before and will say that even though I am usually not a green bean fan theirs were some of the best I have ever had. I even made my DH try one and he does not like veggies at all. He also thought they were good.

Awww poor Gabriel!! I'm sorry he didn't enjoy it. It does have quite a bit of a drop at the end. I've been following along with your TR but I'm really really bad about reading it and not responding. I need to go back and respond. :confused3

I didn't feel bad at all for asking for a different boat. Being a school teacher on vacation, I am trying to GET AWAY from kids. I was nice about it. DH has forgotten about it for now. It's all good!

DH LOVES that dinner at Cosmic Rays and we have to eat there at least once every trip. Those green beans are really good. They are just the right consistency and well-seasoned.

Joining in :)

:welcome: Grab some popcorn popcorn:: and visit with us.

Whew! Catching up here.
I have to just say, I sang all the songs along with you. My pony's name is Teeka, and almost every time I see her I say "Hello, Tiki-tiki-tiki-tiki-tiki-pony!" hehe
The pirates adventure looks fun! Some day I'm trying one of those things.
HORAY for conquering two fears in a row!! That's awesome!
I don't blame you one bit for asking for a different boat on iasw. If you were stuck on the same boat with a loud, rambunctious group of kids, it's not like you can get off in the middle!

What a cute name for your pony!!!

My boys were VERY brave on this trip. DH and I on the other hand was FREAKED OUT by one of their ride choices later in the week and said, "Never again!!!!!!"

And what if the boat at IASW broke down in the middle?? Then you would have all seen me on the news being arrested for knocking out some poor mother's child.....yep it's just best that we had a boat of families. :lmao:

Oh cool! That Pirate's Adventure quest looks like fun. We saw where they were giving out the maps last week, but it was too hot for us to even consider walking around Adventureland more than we had to. I hope it's still available during my next trip. I love interactive stuff like that! It was the same with Kim Possible too in Epcot. I could only do it if I was willing to deal with the heat.

Yay for conquering Splash Mountain AND Haunted Mansion! That must've been so great for you and for the boys to feel accomplished!

I like that you asked to be skipped on IASW so you wouldn't have to ride with the middle school kids. I teach middle school and know just how obnoxious they can be when they're not with the right chaperone/teacher! Before trips, I speak to my kids before we leave our classroom about their behavior and what I expect of them and what any potential consequences might be. They're typically always very behaved when we're out. When they're under the supervision of another teacher in the school though, it's crazy! They're at that age where they want to be independent despite still being kids, but if the teacher/chaperone doesn't hold on to the reins, it can get out of control!

It was hot and unfortunately we were only able to do one in the time we were there but come November we plan to finish them. Actually I have a lot more of the trails/games/outdoor activities planned for November because it will be cooler.

Yep, it was definitely a case of a timid chaperone who very much looked like their teacher but she seemed to be overwhelmed and alone poor thing.

I'm so sorry for arriving late! Can't believe I missed this. :confused:

I'm now caught up with the road trip down to the first day in the park.... you've crossed off your list so many classics and favorites of mine. The boys are adorable!

May I just say that Cosmic Rays is awesome!! I love their rotisserie chicken as well!

:welcome: Thanks for the compliment on our boys. We think they are adorable too but we may be a little biased! :goodvibes

My DH's favorite CS is probably Cosmic Ray's for the chicken.

I will be back later with an update and the rest of our first day including the drama. For now I have to go work on some school work. See ya'll later!

I was thinking today.... I miss Bridget. So, I went back to your PTR and low and behold there was the link to this TR!!! HOW did I miss this????? Well, atleast I am caught up now. I am not going to comment on everything, (mainly because my memory is mush), but I have to comment on one thing....

the picture of your boys at the POC ride. I love it. Both of them smiling. The little one with his toothless smile! Oh, they are cute!

Also, I just read the Splash mtn saga to my DD. She hates SM. I was hoping it would encourage her to try it again. She hates drops. She said she is happy your boys now like it, BUT she has no desire to try it again. :rotfl: Oh well, I tried.

I am so looking forward to more updates. I lvoe your writing style. :)

EDITED to add.... Oh my... I am losing it. I had known about this, but forgotten. Well, none the less, I am enjoying it now.

After dinner, we headed off to ....

It almost looks like the "backside of water" but it's not. It's the new Little Mermaid ride "under the sea". There was no line at all for the ride so we just walked right on.

Hello dark photo of me and DS11.....

I loved all of the little special touches in this ride!

This is now a favorite ride of mine. Something about the "dark" rides that I just love.

After getting out of Little Mermaid, we walked around for a while and headed over to Storybook Circus to see it for the first time this trip.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the details in the shop at Storybook Circus. From the sweet candy smell when you walk in to the floor, the Imagineers did a wonderful job with this one!

This is a dark pic of the floor.....it looks and sort of feels like a temporary tent floor.

Mike and Sully were all the rage with Monsters University coming out soon....

Dumbo cupcakes were super cute!

So many sweets, so little time.....

At the front of the store, DH noticed this book and showed it to me.

It was little snippets of memories from different people's Disney vacations. It contained LOADS of pictures of all the rides. I wanted to get it but decided to wait and see if I found anything else I liked better during the stay. Notice Steamboat Willie journal to the left.....yeah I wanted that too. There were also black and white plush Mickey and Minnie's in this shop that I "needed". At this rate it was going to be a long week!

DS's first toy of the week.....for some reason on this trip he fell in love with Lilo and Stitch. Never before has he really liked either one of them but this trip they were the "IT" people. His plan for the week....meet Stitch AND Lilo. Would that happen? Maybe.....

Yay for a blurry Dumbo picture. I would say that my photography skills get better after this but I'm not sure that they do. Sorry for this post of blah photos.

Love the water under the ride now.

DH and DS7 getting into their Dumbo

On this ride, our Dumbo decided to have a mind of its own. It headed straight up and stayed at the top no matter how many times we tried to bring it down. A few times it even bumped up higher during the ride kind of jolting us along. DS11 (who is normally afraid of heights) luckily was oblivious to all of this and simply thought I was lifting us up that high. He seemed completely fine with being up so high. I was so afraid that we would be stuck at the top at the end of our ride but thankfully it came down.

After our almost scary ride on Dumbo, we decided to meet a few characters. The boys wanted to meet the "boys" so even though I wanted to see the girls I was overruled!! We need more girls in this house. They promised that we would meet the girls later but first up, Goofy and Donald!

Yep more blurry pictures!

I will share the photopass pictures when I get them but for now, that's it from the meet and greet. lol.....

After meeting the "boys" we grabbed FP's for Barnstormer which weren't too far ahead in time so we decided to ride the train while we waited for our turn.

We, of course, got to the train JUST as one was leaving. But that worked out perfectly because we got to see these guys.....

First I saw just one.....

Then I realized that there was a WHOLE family right there. Of course the gentleman on the side of us kept trying to tell me that they were fake. GEEZ....no they were real and very much alive.

They ran away just as our train arrived and we departed for our trip around the Kingdom. It was an enjoyable ride but I didn't take many pictures.....actually I didn't take any pictures at all.

When we got back to Storybook Circus it was our turn for the Barnstormer. This scenario is what makes me wonder why more people don't use FP's. We were able to sit on a train leisurely enjoying the sights while some other people stood in line for the entire time we rode for us to ride before they could even get on. I understand some may have been holding FP's for other bigger rides but it amazes me that some people will just choose to stand in line for no good reason.

Anyways....

Here we are at the canopies of Barnstormer. This queue is so cute with so many little details!

Love the skis....boy are they blurry. GEEZ my camera skills stink!

This has to be the shortest ride EVER. lol....

We are all smiles after our ride! Next, we decided it was time for ice cream!! No pictures which may be a good thing because they would be blurry....lol....

After eating, we tried to play SOTMK but our cards from last year were either deactivated or something had happened and they didn't work. The boys were bummed but not too bummed to be sad.

Since the streets were already lined with LOTS of people trying to catch a seat for the first parade, we decided to skip it and watch the parades later. With that decision made, we headed off the DS11's favorite thing at MK.....

Yes, Laugh Floor. He drives us crazy from the moment we step into MK EVERY time to go here. He could honestly watch it back to back to back to back and still think it was funny ALL DAY LONG!!!!!

It was cute. We were glad we saw it......again.....but none of us made the screens and we hadn't submitted a joke so I don't remember too much about it.

We got out just in time to run over and grab a spot on Main Street for Wishes!!! This is my favorite show in all of Disney and I especially wanted to see Tink fly this trip. Last trip, because of how much it rained EVERY day we never saw her fly. My goal this trip was to see Wishes EVERY night until she flew. This night was clear and not windy so I was certain that we were going to see Tink!

Dark photo of lots of heads on Main Street.....

We watched Wishes and sadly, Tink did not fly. DH and I came to the conclusion after this one that maybe Tink didn't fly anymore. I was slightly crushed.

We hung around for some of the second parade and walked slowly through the shops as we made our way back to our hotel to end our first day. I hated to see the day end but I knew we needed rest and we had gotten so much more done than I had expected us too!

We left MK and boarded a bus back to Caribbean Beach and HERE is where we encounter our first drama of the trip. We decided to get off at our actual bus stop (Martinique) instead of Old Port Royale which would have put us closer to our room. DS7 was tired and asked to be carried. Since he had been a trooper all day with walking DH picked him up and carried him. We got to our room and pressed our key to the cute little Mickey only to see a red light. Hmmm....maybe that key doesn't work......I tried another......red light.....and another.....red light.....and another......red light.

I looked at my poor husband and he looked at me both desperate for them to work. He tried all four keys.....nothing. I dug through the backpack to get car keys to go to the Custom House so they could reprogram our cards but my car keys were in the room...... So I told him we would just go to Old Port Royale and have them reprogram them at the guest services desk. He agreed and off we went. We walked down our stairs and across the little parking lot to Old Port Royale only to see a CM who was leaving (it was 11:30 p.m.) tell us that OPR was closed and that no one in there could help us. She did mention that there was a resort shuttle that could take us to the custom house to get it fixed.

O.k. try again.....we headed over to the OPR bus stop just as a resort shuttle was pulling up (now 11:40 p.m.). We tell the driver our problem and ask to be taken to the custom house. He told us that he could not go to the Custom House because it was "out of his route". I begged, I pleaded, I about cried. He said that the farthest he could go was Barbados but that it was VERY close to the Custom House and we could walk the rest of the way. I think I started to cry. He mentioned that this was his last pass through the resort because of how late it was and that we needed to find other transportation back to our island. Really!??!?! What else is there? Oh I know walking again. No way was I walking back to our room.

By the time we got to the custom house, I was pretty upset. They had never seen anyone's cards "lose the room" before like ours did and when she said that our cards had "lost our room" I realized what had happened. I am pretty certain that when I bought the AP's, the CM wiped our cards clean. We had never tried to charge with them after that because we had gift cards but I'm sure that would not have worked either. It took a good 20-30 minutes for them to get it all figured out and put the room back on our cards. I told the CM at the desk that we were not leaving without: A) a ride back to our island and B) someone coming up the stairs with us to make sure that it actually worked this time. They immediately agreed and sent us on our way.

Finally, at 12:46 a.m. we saw this......

We were exhausted and collapsed into bed after VERY quick showers!

Up next - Our day at Blizzard Beach

I was thinking today.... I miss Bridget. So, I went back to your PTR and low and behold there was the link to this TR!!! HOW did I miss this????? Well, atleast I am caught up now. I am not going to comment on everything, (mainly because my memory is mush), but I have to comment on one thing....

the picture of your boys at the POC ride. I love it. Both of them smiling. The little one with his toothless smile! Oh, they are cute!

Also, I just read the Splash mtn saga to my DD. She hates SM. I was hoping it would encourage her to try it again. She hates drops. She said she is happy your boys now like it, BUT she has no desire to try it again. :rotfl: Oh well, I tried.

I am so looking forward to more updates. I lvoe your writing style. :)

EDITED to add.... Oh my... I am losing it. I had known about this, but forgotten. Well, none the less, I am enjoying it now.

It's o.k.!! Glad you made it over. I took some time off of the TR to do things in real life this past week and just returned today to write another part.

Thanks for reading along! Now I need to go catch up on your PTR!! Not too many days left til you get to go!

Great update. Your previous one prompted us to do Pirates Adventure yesterday. Was the Laugh Floor much different than previous times? We were surprised how different it was the last time we saw it. My son would agree with yours about being a favorite at MK.

Great update. Your previous one prompted us to do Pirates Adventure yesterday. Was the Laugh Floor much different than previous times? We were surprised how different it was the last time we saw it. My son would agree with yours about being a favorite at MK.

Did you like the Pirate Adventure? The boys want to finish it when we go back.

Sometimes I find that Laugh Floor is a bit different and sometimes it's the same stuff. I think it all depends on how entertaining the audience is. There was one Laugh Floor performance on this trip that ranks right up there in my Top 10 favorite Disney experiences ever!! This wasn't it.... lol....

Sounds like you all had a great day...minus the unlock able room! We actually had that happen once. We hadn't changed our tickets or anything. I think they didn't realize they had already changed the code and then changed it again after giving us ou keys. It was about 15 years ago and I still remember that . Taco Bell in our hands 3 little kids and my elderly mom at .. i hate to admit, but about 10pm. Exhausted. I feel for you! And I dread that you said the first drama!
I love the picture of you and your little one on barnstormer or great goofing or whatever it is called now. Regardless , I love the picture!

We enjoyed out first ride on the Little Mermaid also but not sure it will be a must do for us on every trip.

I deliberately avoided the Story Book Circus because I wanted to save that for our September trip when my Niece is with me. However, I am loving the costumes the characters wear there. I think I am going to have to make time to see all 4. :cool1:

Do you know if the cupcakes fall under a snack credit for the dining plan? We are actually using the dining plan for the first time in September so I am clueless.

Glad that your scary Dumbo ride did not turn out to be more than it did. Nothing like being on a ride with someone that is afraid of heights and get stuck up high. This happened to Kenny, Gabriel and I on the lift chair that takes you to the top of the rides at Blizzard Beach. Kenny is very afraid of heights so it took come conviencing to get him on there and then it stopped half way through. We were only stopped for about 5 minutes but I am sure I will never get him on there again.:lmao:

We missed the train this year. It was one of the few things on my must do list that we did not get to. I panicked a little because I saw an article that they are closing it for refurb in the fall and was worried we would not get to ride in September either but it doesn't close until after we leave.

Awesome to see the deer. I have never seen them before but I will be on the lookout for them from now on.

Funny that the guy thought they were fake (maybe he thought he was on the steamboat?). You should have let him continue to think that and then took a picture of his reaction when they took off:rotfl:

I do not understand about the FPs either. Especially for Barnstormer and Dumbo because those are not even connected to the FP system and you can get them even while you are holding another FP. We got our FP to Dumbo, & Barnstormer at the same time we got our FP to Peter Pan.

I am deligent about my FPs and make sure we are never without one. I even set an alarm on my phone when our window reopens. I do not mind running back and forth across the parks to get what we need. :goodvibes

I agree that Barnstormer is the absolute shortest ride in Disney. I swear it lasts about 30 seconds.

I hate that you SOTMK did not work. I hope that does not happen to us in September as we are only halfway through our game and want to finish then.

I am with your DS11. I love Laugh Floor. I could watch it multiple times each trip.

I have not seen Tink in a couple of years so also wonder if she still flys? If she does I think the conditions have to be asolutely perfect and maybe that rarely happens.

The drama with your room key could so have been decreased if you had simply gotten a more friendly bus driver. Seriously it is not like the buses drive on a track. He had the ability to take you over there if he had wanted to. So sad.

We had major problems with my room key during our trip last September. I ended up at the front desk every single night of our trip and it was most frustrating because just like you thought the charging privileges never worked on my key either. They did on Kenny's but it was frustrating never being able to separate for fear that I would need to charge something. Finally on the last night of our trip that applied a $400 credit to our stay for our trouble.

I have now made a note to myself to make sure we have a set of car keys on us when we stay at the cabins in September just in case the room key situation happens to us. I am not used to staying in a resort with such a long haul to the front desk so would certainly never have thought of that.:thumbsup2

Sounds like you all had a great day...minus the unlock able room! We actually had that happen once. We hadn't changed our tickets or anything. I think they didn't realize they had already changed the code and then changed it again after giving us ou keys. It was about 15 years ago and I still remember that . Taco Bell in our hands 3 little kids and my elderly mom at .. i hate to admit, but about 10pm. Exhausted. I feel for you! And I dread that you said the first drama!
I love the picture of you and your little one on barnstormer or great goofing or whatever it is called now. Regardless , I love the picture!

We did have quite a few little dramas this trip. lol....it's all good though. Yep I love that picture too! Thanks for hanging out with us!!

We enjoyed out first ride on the Little Mermaid also but not sure it will be a must do for us on every trip.

I deliberately avoided the Story Book Circus because I wanted to save that for our September trip when my Niece is with me. However, I am loving the costumes the characters wear there. I think I am going to have to make time to see all 4. :cool1:

Do you know if the cupcakes fall under a snack credit for the dining plan? We are actually using the dining plan for the first time in September so I am clueless.

Glad that your scary Dumbo ride did not turn out to be more than it did. Nothing like being on a ride with someone that is afraid of heights and get stuck up high. This happened to Kenny, Gabriel and I on the lift chair that takes you to the top of the rides at Blizzard Beach. Kenny is very afraid of heights so it took come conviencing to get him on there and then it stopped half way through. We were only stopped for about 5 minutes but I am sure I will never get him on there again.:lmao:

We missed the train this year. It was one of the few things on my must do list that we did not get to. I panicked a little because I saw an article that they are closing it for refurb in the fall and was worried we would not get to ride in September either but it doesn't close until after we leave.

Awesome to see the deer. I have never seen them before but I will be on the lookout for them from now on.

Funny that the guy thought they were fake (maybe he thought he was on the steamboat?). You should have let him continue to think that and then took a picture of his reaction when they took off:rotfl:

I do not understand about the FPs either. Especially for Barnstormer and Dumbo because those are not even connected to the FP system and you can get them even while you are holding another FP. We got our FP to Dumbo, & Barnstormer at the same time we got our FP to Peter Pan.

I am deligent about my FPs and make sure we are never without one. I even set an alarm on my phone when our window reopens. I do not mind running back and forth across the parks to get what we need. :goodvibes

I agree that Barnstormer is the absolute shortest ride in Disney. I swear it lasts about 30 seconds.

I hate that you SOTMK did not work. I hope that does not happen to us in September as we are only halfway through our game and want to finish then.

I am with your DS11. I love Laugh Floor. I could watch it multiple times each trip.

I have not seen Tink in a couple of years so also wonder if she still flys? If she does I think the conditions have to be asolutely perfect and maybe that rarely happens.

The drama with your room key could so have been decreased if you had simply gotten a more friendly bus driver. Seriously it is not like the buses drive on a track. He had the ability to take you over there if he had wanted to. So sad.

We had major problems with my room key during our trip last September. I ended up at the front desk every single night of our trip and it was most frustrating because just like you thought the charging privileges never worked on my key either. They did on Kenny's but it was frustrating never being able to separate for fear that I would need to charge something. Finally on the last night of our trip that applied a $400 credit to our stay for our trouble.

I have now made a note to myself to make sure we have a set of car keys on us when we stay at the cabins in September just in case the room key situation happens to us. I am not used to staying in a resort with such a long haul to the front desk so would certainly never have thought of that.:thumbsup2

I love the Little Mermaid ride and would go so far as to say it is now my favorite at Magic Kingdom. I think some of the cupcakes were definitely snack credits but I'm not sure about all of them. Sorry that I'm not more clear but we don't use the dining plan so I have no idea!

Haha....the chair lift.....yep that's in the next update. NEVER AGAIN!

I heard about the train closure to repair the bridges and told DH he needed to go do that for Disney so that we could get some free tickets. (That's what DH does for a living.)

Yeah I hope it was just a fluke that our SOTMK card didn't work because we hope to use this new key card when we go back in November! My hubby usually stalks FP's for us but this trip he was more laidback about them and we just kinda went with the flow. In November though it will be back to setting alarms like you do! (We are going Thanksgiving week.)

Oh Tink still flies.....she flies in the next post but we aren't in the park. :headache:

How crummy about your room card but it sounds like they were accommodating with the comp.

Thanks for reading along! I'm really enjoying your TR as well!

Did you like the Pirate Adventure? The boys want to finish it when we go back.

Sometimes I find that Laugh Floor is a bit different and sometimes it's the same stuff. I think it all depends on how entertaining the audience is. There was one Laugh Floor performance on this trip that ranks right up there in my Top 10 favorite Disney experiences ever!! This wasn't it.... lol....

We all liked it. Did two different adventures. We used our Sorcerers key for this game too.

From time to time, our key hasn't worked for the Sorcerer's game. Usually this happens if there was a reset for one reason or the other. Then we have to start over at the very beginning. I sure wish they went back to using levels 2 and 3. They were much better than level 1. You had to use some strategy to play.

Love June trip reports as we always go in June (we are teachers). We have never done the water parks; can't wait to hear about it!

DH loves Loves Laughing floor too, keeps hoping to be that guy.. The most he has been is the guy buying Churros for everyone.. DS was the dancer..

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter