A Guide to Surviving Disney World

Spokker

Mouseketeer
Something Awful has put out a tongue-in-cheek guide to surviving Disney World. The guide is written on a sarcastic humor site that is focused on finding fault with everything. If Disney World is serious business to you don't read it.

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/guides/disneyworld-guide-1.php PG-13 for language.

The first couple of pages are mainly what it's like when your wife and kid beg you to take them on a Disney World vacation. On page 3 the hotel descriptions are the best, with each hotel getting the sarcastic mini-review treatment.

Contemporary Resort - A monolithic slab of decaying concrete popular with vacationing Eastern Bloc refugees who make smarmy comments like "oh you AMERICANS with your MICKEY MOUSES and GEORGE BUSHES." One of the first hotels to offer bed comforters stuffed entirely with rebar.

Boardwalk Inn - "Beautifully appointed rooms, shingled rooftops, private courtyards and magnificent gardens combine to recreate the charming atmosphere of romantic bed-and-breakfast inns found along the mid-Atlantic coast of the 1940s." This is an extremely verbose, eloquent way of saying "there's a carousel in the lobby. It does not work."

I like good humor and well-done commentary. This was neither. Two thumbs down.

Hmm, as soon as they used the term rape I was out of there. I am sorry, I didn't think it was funny either (what I read). I also found the O'Bama/white princess thing next to the picture of the BATB show really tasteless. In fact, this whole thread will probably be nuked due to the tasteless nature of this website. I hope so.

I didn't really find it that funny... Seemed kind of lame.. I don't know too many guys who hate their wives and kids that much and I have guy friends who have gone to WDW on solo trips. I guess I'm missing something... :confused3

I didn't really find it that funny... Seemed kind of lame.. I don't know too many guys who hate their wives and kids that much and I have guy friends who have gone to WDW on solo trips. I guess I'm missing something... :confused3
Yes, the guy hates his wife and kid so much that he took them to Disney World. Good catch.

It's written for a guy from a guy's perspective. It made me chuckle a little bit, but maybe I would find it more humorous if I was of the male species. I don't think it's enough to name call though....

DW and I did get a chuckle out of the description of our favorite resort:
Wilderness Lodge Resort - Catering to the truly rugged individuals unafraid of wandering alone in a hotel lobby.

I have to admit that I liked the photo of people standing in line. The caption said something to the effect of "a line leading to another line."

I also liked the part about the off-season being sometime between 1 - 3 a.m. on December 8th. How true that is!

Anyway, there were definitely some tasteless parts, but some of it was sort of funny!

Good old typical SA humor.

Although, SA humor usually isn't appreciated by those who usually don't read the site.

I liked the description of CSR

Coronado Springs - The Spaniards invaded the Yucatán Peninsula in the 1500s, stole all their money, and murdered the ones who refused to convert. There's an analogy to be made here, but I simply cannot locate it.

I did find it quite funny.
:confused3

That was my favorite line actually. See, it's not so bad. Jeez some people really are sensitive!

I guess I am pretty sensitive. I don't enjoy "humor" about child molestation and rape. I don't care if it's concerning Disney, Nascar, or the KKK.

I guess I am pretty sensitive. I don't enjoy "humor" about child molestation and rape. I don't care if it's concerning Disney, Nascar, or the KKK.

Same here.

I love edgy humor and it takes quite a lot to offend me, but the joke about child molestation really crossed the line. It colors my view of the entire piece, so now I think the whole thing is trash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter