A Guide to Going to Disney on Your Birthday!

When I made a modification to my reservation the other day I asked the CM if I should do anything to note dd 16th birthday on or reservation and she offered to do it and then told me that at check in my dd would get a card and balloons at check in.

Just be sure to note it again when you are checking in. My experience was that although the birthday was noted, no "magic" was slated to happen until I told the front desk CM at check-in. He asked about favorite characters and made a note of what I told him. Birthday balloons and a card were delivered to the room on her actual birthday.

I just realized that DS won't be getting any balloons from the resort for his birthday trip. They're a big no-no at AKL! I wonder if he'll get a special treat or if we're doomed by the no-balloon policy?

I have a question, if you are celebrating your birthday with a trip to disney, is there a button that says "I'm celebrating my birthday..." (or something to that effect) instead of "Today is my birthday"? I'd like to get a button I can wear all week, not just on my actual birthday.

For those of you that celebrate with the trip, do you wear the "Today is my birthday" button your whole trip?

Also, does anyone know if SOG can give you a birthday button at check-in like the Disney resorts can?

This is great. I'm doing my Disney birthday in May, but my real birthday is in October...is that a bit much?

My kids have birthdays in Jun, Aug and Sept. All three of them wore birthday buttons throughout our trip in Oct.

It's your celebration :). Celebrate as you see fit!

When I made a modification to my reservation the other day I asked the CM if I should do anything to note dd 16th birthday on or reservation and she offered to do it and then told me that at check in my dd would get a card and balloons at check in.

Well we just got back last week. On the day before dd's birthday we were in the club level lounge and we were talking to the cast member there about places to order flowers for dd's birthday the next day as we had originally planned to take her out for her birthday but because of Faye we weren't sure we could. While there we asked about her birthday being noted on the reservation. For some reason it was no longer there. They said that they would try to have a cake for her for her birthday but weren't sure they could get it in time.
Well she wore her b-day button. Got lots of birthday wishes. She got a stuffed Mickey and Minnie and a nice towel arrangement from mousekeeper Maria. That evening her cake arrived and the day after her birthday she got a card from Minnie.
We couldn't order her flowers because the disney florist wasn't sure that they could deliver them and told us we could call back the next morning (day of her birthday) to see if they would be open.
She had a great birthday even though her birthday notation disappeared from the reservation.

I was in EPCOT October 1st 2007 for my birthday and they had special fireworks for me.

J/K it was also EPCOT's 25th anniversary(and Magic Kingdoms 31st).

I don't know if this is the right place to put this

We are going to WDW for my DD's 11th b'day .. Does anybody have any suggestions on where to eat on that day, where would be the best place??? Any recommendations at all?? We don't know whether to do both breakie and dinner and have the cake at dinner???

Thanks for any suggestions

Thanks for all this information. I'm going to Disney for my birthday and all I really knew to do was get the pin :)

:cool1:
I don't know if this is the right place to put this

We are going to WDW for my DD's 11th b'day .. Does anybody have any suggestions on where to eat on that day, where would be the best place??? Any recommendations at all?? We don't know whether to do both breakie and dinner and have the cake at dinner???

Thanks for any suggestions

Hi you did not mention the dates or what park unless i missed something. but since your going on a bday make sure to get a bday pin ata park or at dtd. chef mickey's is always good. come on Dec.

:cool1:

Hi you did not mention the dates or what park unless i missed something. but since your going on a bday make sure to get a bday pin ata park or at dtd. chef mickey's is always good. come on Dec.

Her b'day is Feb and we're going in 2010 ... we'll be doing Magic Kingdom on her b'day at her request .. yes i think chef mickey's is great and that is a definite probability for the breakie .. didn't know about dinner?? or when to do the cake really?? Just looking for as much input as poss hahahaa

Thanks

I would suggest the Cinderella dinner at 1900 Park Fare. You get a crown, they sing to you and a really yummy and HUGE cupcake. The best part is the characters. OMG the Stepsisters are about the funniest people to meet in WDW! It is my favorite meal. I love when the ss's pull people out to dance with them.

I would suggest the Cinderella dinner at 1900 Park Fare. You get a crown, they sing to you and a really yummy and HUGE cupcake. The best part is the characters. OMG the Stepsisters are about the funniest people to meet in WDW! It is my favorite meal. I love when the ss's pull people out to dance with them.

Thanks very much .. Anything there for boys too?
There are 12 of us going altogether and kids will be aged princess: 4 pirate: 7 1/2 princess: 9 1/2 princess: (birthday girl) 11 and :cheer2: 13

Gotta love the SS's ... thanks very much

Well, the SS's do love to pull boys out to dance with. :banana: LOL :) I would say it is more of a girly meal but even boys would be slightly entertained. I think it fun for the whole family and you would not be disappointed.

Well, the SS's do love to pull boys out to dance with. :banana: LOL :) I would say it is more of a girly meal but even boys would be slightly entertained. I think it fun for the whole family and you would not be disappointed.

Thanks very much will defo put that on the list of considerations :thumbsup2

This thread is so awesome! I've only read a few pages but now I'm more excited than ever to do DD's first birthday at WDW!

I will be 35 on May 7th. starting off I had just planned to take that day off work, then one thing led to another and next thing I know I am off to Disney World. I have told every resie I made that it will be my Birthday. I can not wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter