• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Guide to Going to Disney on Your Birthday!

idontknoweither said:
Thanks for creating this thread! Lots of useful tips :teeth: Searching on EBay curiously, I came across one of those offical "Today Is My Birthday" MK pins and the seller said in the description that the pin used to be given out to guests who could prove that it was their birthday while they were in the park that day. My question is, do they still give out the birthday pins? Thanks :stitch:

-"A" princess:

I was just at MGM Jan. 2. And yes. they still give them.
Dont you dare buy one off of ebay. theyre free at the park.

And all you have to do is SAY its your birthday.

Disney's mentality on birthdays is -

"you can *celebrate* your birthday on any day of the year."

Have fun!

I love this thread. I am surprising my dd who will turn 15 in May with a weekend at WDW. She has just recently going to live with her dad so I will surprise her by popping up on her doorstep to take her to the airport. Now I know how to make the weekend and rare mommy/daughter time even more special.

thanks for all the terrific tips!
DS17 will be in the parks--tomorrow!
He turned 17 this past Monday & this is a surprise quickie trip. DH is taking him for the EE opening--
Hoping DH will get the pins--you never know, this is usually Mom Territory! :goodvibes

Jean

We're going sometime in May to celebrate my belated 18th birthday (which is coming up this month) and my graduation from high school. I don't know if I'll feel comfortable saying it's my 18th birthday so long afterwards, but will the CMs do anything if I mention that I just graduated? I'm actually more excited about that than I am about turning 18! But I'm sure most of you understand that. ;)

Our trip is planned for April 14-23, my birthday is on April 26th. I think I'll have to celebrate early!

Oh wow. I love the tips! Gosh, I wish I had known of these boards last year seeing as last year I went during my birthday, but didn't do anything for it even though I really wanted too. Just didn't know how I guess. Now I do.

Next year, I'm planning on going with a friend. Right now we're thinking March and my birthday is June. Would be really dumb to celebrate 3 months early? lol. I'd love to though! March is also when my friends 1/2 birthday is too so we could both celebrate something.

Enchanted said:
We're going sometime in May to celebrate my belated 18th birthday (which is coming up this month) and my graduation from high school. I don't know if I'll feel comfortable saying it's my 18th birthday so long afterwards, but will the CMs do anything if I mention that I just graduated? I'm actually more excited about that than I am about turning 18! But I'm sure most of you understand that. ;)

Heck, tell them it's your "un"birthday if you have to. I did that in DL in Sept (my best friend and I were there for her bday, and mine wasn't until Nov), and since I have had rotten bdays the years before, I thought having an "un" birthday would brighten my day, lol" The CM's at City Hall never blinked an eye when I told them, so my advice, go for it, it's a lot of fun!

Jules

I read a couple of posts asking about how to handle the siblings of the birthday girl. Our 7 year old is very upset that our 5 (soon to be 6) year old will get to celebrate and get all the attention. Half of me wants to tell her it's her sister's special day and the other half wants to make her happy too. Will both children be treated special even if it's one's birthday? Do they talk to the siblings too or just the birthday girl? :confused3

I am going next year with my DD16, her DGM, who will be turning 25 for the 15th time, I will be turning 40 for the 10th time. We are also traveling with my DGD who will be turning 14 and her DM and and DGM we are going in April, and all of our birthdays are within 2-3 months of the trip. We are gonna take all of your ideas and put them to use. party: :jumping1: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :tink:

I'm so glad I found this thread. We are staying at POP in the beginning of May. We arrive a few days after my son's B-day & I wasn't sure if I should tell them we are celebrating his B-day, but now I'm going to. This trip is actually a Birthday gift for both of my children. My daughter's B-day is in December (28th), but living in NY you never know when a snow storm may hit & it's Christmas week & prices are sky high, so we never planned a vacation at that time of the year. Would it be wrong to include her in the Birthday Celebration when we go???? pixiedust:

NJDisneymom said:
What a great post, sounds like your birthdays are a blast!!! I really wanted to do Disney for my daughters 6th birthday in Nov. but my DH just can not take vacation that time of year so we ended up planning our trip for May, and *my* birthday falls 2 days after we arrive.

I'm still bummed about not doing my dd's birthday there, and was considering doing her half birthday, but even that is 2 weeks after our trip. Would it be totally corny to pick a day as her 5 1/2 birthday even though its not the 24th??
I personally don't see how that would hurt anything....As long as you explained the situation with your daughter and she understood and was excited about it...Go for it!!!

Love this thread!! We are going down this winter for our first trip to see Mickey at Christmastime and our dates just changed so we'll be there on my birthday!!!! :cool1:

As the official trip planner I guess it's up to me to note it on our ressie and ADR at Le Cellier about it. Do they still give the free drinks at world showcase? That will be our one night on the trip without our son so that would be the night for knocking a few back.... :scratchin

My birthday present was going down to WDW with my mom, baby sister, middle sister and her fiance for their wedding planning session. I made a tinkerbell birthday shirt for the day. I did get the pin at MK, and it was so nice having all the CMs acknowledge me and say "Happy Birthday!"
The rest of this reply is not me complaining/whining, but I just want everyone to be aware that not everyone gets a decorated room or sang Happy Birthday to. We had reservations at Kona Cafe, and my mom let them know it was my birthday. The whole lunch, nothing special happened--no one even said Happy Birthday to me (very different from the park experience.) While it was notated on our room reservation at the Poly, when we came to the room from our day at the parks--it was not decorated and no card from any character. I never recieved fast passes or got to cut in line or any freebies.
However---I loved my day--I loved celebrating in the most magical place on earth. I think one of my favorite parts was seeing another 20 something in line for the Jungle Cruise with her birthday pin on and saying Happy Birthday to each other--it was fun :)

Thanks for these ideas! My dh and I will be celebrating both of our birthdays at WDW next month! :)

I've been to the World twice now and have seen the 'Beauty and the Beast' show three times so far.
Everytime it has been somebody's(from the audience) birthday and before the show started, 'Four for a dollar' called that person to the stage, sang for them and gave them their CD(sold at Disney). :thumbsup2

Awww, that sounds like so much fun! We'll be there just before my DH's birthday but he would be mortified with all that attention, but maybe in the future we'll have to go during my birthday in December!

I'll be celebrating my birthday (one week early) in the parks the last week of Sept. We're going down with our family and some friends. I am soooo looking forward to it. thanks for the thread! :cool1:

We celebrated both of our birthdays this past May and had the opposite experience from MindyStar above.

The Wildnerness Lodge decorated our room with some balloons & signed cards from Mickey Mouse & Snow White. :) It was really sweet! :D

We both got a button for our birthdays, one at EPCOT for me and one from Magic Kingdom for my husband. At EPCOT, they gave me a "Congratulations!" button, and I got absolutely no special attention. At Magic Kingdom, my husband got a "It's My Birthday" button & he had about 4 or 5 Cast Members and 3 or 4 tourists wish him Happy Birthday -- that was the extent of the "extra attention" we got from the buttons.

At the restaurants, though, when we mentioned it was our birthday, each one went out of its way to make it special. (1) Whispering Canyon Cafe whooped it up with a hysterical rendition of Happy Birthday and some really funny results (2) Grand Floridian Cafe provided Mickey cupcakes & took our photo & presented it to us later (3) California Grill had a "Happy Birthday from the California Grill" dusted in powdered sugar on a thin piece of dark chocolate, and they gave me an extra slice to take home at the end of the night. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter