• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

a gift shop after ever ride...

meeshkamooshka

please exit to your left...
what is your take ( good or bad?) on when you are at your weakest moment...after the climax of a ride... and BAM there is a gift shop experience
( I am not sure what the code/buzz word is for it) or themed store just begging you to BUY something?

meeshkamooshka said:
what is your take ( good or bad?) on when you are at your weakest moment...after the climax of a ride... and BAM there is a gift shop experience
( I am not sure what the code/buzz word is for it) or themed store just begging you to BUY something?

Standard theme park strategy. I can't remember the last time I bought something in the gift shop near a ride's exit because of the ride.

Personally, I love it. I'm not much for buying things, but I love to window shop. It's just like going to a museum or gallery or something - fun things to look at.

For me it's like this: shuffle through the line, getting more and more excited... WHEEE! ... stagger off the ride... ha ha ride photos... Oh, cool stuff!

Rinse, repeat.

Some people complain about their kids wanting stuff, but our kids only got presents on Christmas and Birthdays, and always had a budget on vacation, so they never were in the habit of begging. "Oh, I'd really like to have that!" "Great, put it on your Christmas list!" "Eh... I don't like it THAT much." :rotfl2:

I dunno, I'm kind of in a love affair with gift shops. I like looking through them shops after a ride, even if I don't buy anything. It kind of extends the experience. I'm actually kind of disappointed if I walk off a great ride and all there is is a kiosk with a key-chain or two.

I love the post-ride gift shops. But, I never buy anything. I just love to see how creative they get with some of the merch. Of course, some shops are better than others. The ToT shop is awesome, RnRC is great, too. It's fun to read the tee shirts. Honestly, who needs all that crap to stick in a closet when you get home?:confused3

My hubby hated the one at the exit of the Harry Potter ride in IoA. He was so sick after that ride, all he wanted to do was sit down and he had to maneuver his way through HP merchandise!

I love gift shops at ride exits!! I normally don't buy anything, but, I do love to look around! My favorite is the one at the PotC ride!

butterfly71076 said:
I love gift shops at ride exits!! I normally don't buy anything, but, I do love to look around! My favorite is the one at the PotC ride!

Mine too!!!!

I LOVE the gift shops at the end of every ride. Thank God for resort purchase delivery!!! I would have to rent a stroller just to hold my goodies!!

~It's not a problem for me, I've never purchased anything from them. My weakness is at the resort gift shops, lol. :goodvibes

DRDISNEYMD said:
~It's not a problem for me, I've never purchased anything from them. My weakness is at the resort gift shops, lol. :goodvibes

I agree! I always end up buying something at the resort gift shop

I personally love it. My DH really doesn't like to go into shops. This way we HAVE to go through a shop when we get off a ride. I usually don't buy anything but you never know when there will be something I just gotta have!!

Love to poke around in them, but it is so hard to tear my DS4 out of there without a toy or a meltdown. That's usually my choice - toy or meltdown. yippee

That dang gift shop at ToT totally threw off my schedule. We would have had just enough time to get into Beauty and the Beast if my family didn't stop for shirts. Which meant somehow DHS ended up being our most visited park. Which was not our intention. :lmao:

DH loves to buy the ride shirts. We actually had a problem because he chose an XL shirt and didn't realize until later that it was a YOUTH XL. He could have returned it at our resort but really wanted a TOT shirt. So his plan was to just catch the bus over there and make a quick exchange while we were getting ready in the morning. Because I am a good DISer, I told him to take the big kids with him and take a quick ride on RNRC and TOT while they were over there. Research pays off once again. ;):thumbsup2

I dunno, I'm kind of in a love affair with gift shops. I like looking through them shops after a ride, even if I don't buy anything. It kind of extends the experience. I'm actually kind of disappointed if I walk off a great ride and all there is is a kiosk with a key-chain or two.

Haunted Mansion is a great example... That ride needs a gift shop!!

I don't like it. But is it Disney after all. The money taking destination of the world. So it is not surprising. I just keep walking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter