A funny thing happened....

PeterBanning

Earning My Ears
A funny thing happened on my way to the DISboards. I learned a lot about Disney and a little about myself.

About a year ago, we were making plans to go to California for various reasons. As an afterthought, we decided we "owed" the kids a trip to Disneyland and since we were going to be there anyway, we might as well get it out of the way. So we booked two days and three nights and told ourselves "lets just make the best of it." Long story short, we had one of, if not the, best times as a family since the kids were born. I went in a total skeptic and came out entirely addicted.

Prior to the trip, I came across this forum trying to get as much information as possible going in (I am an engineer and was a boy scout). At first read, I thought to myself "these people are nuts", but still found an abundance of good information so I kept reading. As I read, and read, I discovered something. These people may be "nuts", but I had never come across a forum so full of genuinely nice people. I've been on lots of forums before, but sooner or later got burned out from all the flaming and people clearly just trying to let everyone know how much they knew. DISboards was different. I was hooked.

Why then, you might ask, have I waited so long to post? Good question. I remember watching the TV show Kung Fu (with David Carradine) as a child and hearing the line "If one's words are no better than silence, one should keep silent." and guess it stuck with me. Still, why now?

From time to time and for various reasons life and people can get you down, especially in the last few months. I know that when I start feeling that way, I can come to these boards, read a little, look at some pictures, and leave feeling better about myself and the human race. I guess you might say I remembered my happy thought (that was pretty corny for me) and I just wanted to thank everyone here for that.

10.gif

... As I read, and read, I discovered something. These people may be "nuts", but I had never come across a forum so full of genuinely nice people. I've been on lots of forums before, but sooner or later got burned out from all the flaming and people clearly just trying to let everyone know how much they knew. DISboards was different. I was hooked.

i agree with the above. i've been looking for a place like this for awhile. here its all about the MAGIC! people just want to see you have the best time possible on your vaca and enjoy DW for all its worth. :disrocks:

:goodvibes i am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful time.... no matter how long ago it was everyone still loves to hear about it... (one of the reasons disboards are so addicting)... WELCOME TO OUR NUTTY WORLD!!! :rotfl: wishing you many happy returns to the most magical place in the world. :goodvibes

On occasion when discussing Disney with my DH (imparting all my newfound knowledge, clearly) I'll find myself using the term "those crazy DISers." DH just smirks at me. I know what he's thinking. I'M a crazy DISer!!! :-)

Here's to all the crazy DISers! May we live many happy years of lunacy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter