A Fourth of Pixie Dust! A Fourth of Fun! A Fourth of Attitude! NEW! 4/6 pg. 26

Don't you just love moody teenagers! Joining in to read more!!

:welcome: Moody is certainly the word to describe Chelsea on this trip!

I'm in! I don't want to think about the adolescent drama happening yet. Can I live in a dream world?

:welcome: Yes, live away -- I did for several years, and it was quite nice. LOL! Really, there is no way to prepare for it, so living in denial is the next best thing. :thumbsup2

excited to hear about your latest trip and adventures:cool1:

:welcome: Shannon! Lots to tell!

Finally made, had a busy day today. Let the good times roll!:happytv:

:welcome: Doris! So glad you are here!

Can't wait to read about your trip to WDW:banana:

:welcome: I always love having new readers!

Teenage angst is so bothersome! At least boys aren't so bad, but the problems seem to go away around age 20. Good Luck!;)

LOL! Thanks! I am hoping Connor is easier!

I'm here!!!!

:welcome: Jessica! So glad you are here!

I'm here but I have to go back and read.

:welcome: Vanessa! Glad to have you here!

Saw your FB post this morning, but just now made it over. Loved your pics, so I can't wait to read all the stories behind them!

:welcome: Julia! The stories are the best part. LOL!

I'm here! And excited to hear all about the trip!:goodvibes

:welcome: Stacy! So glad to see you here!

I'm joining in! I lurked on a couple of your previous TRs, so I decided it's time to come out of lurkdom. Can't wait to hear all about the trip. :goodvibes

:welcome: I am so glad you decided to post! I love hearing from everyone! :goodvibes

Page 3, it figures!

I so hope that isn't the Kendall that shows up on our trip, it worries me to death! Looking forward to the ride.

:welcome: Cynthia!!! You know the page doesn't matter. :rotfl: So glad you were able to stop in before you headed out on your big trip! Did you get The Night Circus for vacation reading? ;)

Kendall will probably be better-behaved. I hope so for your sake anyway! :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear about your trip!

I have a good friend that tells me the "joy" of raising a teenager is nature's way of preparing parents look at college with great anticipation rather than regret ;)

:welcome: I have always said (because I was a handful as a teenager) that adolescents act the way they do, so we can send them off into the world with a light heart. If they were as precious as they were as children, we would never be able to do that. LOL!

Yay for Charles having a good trip. :woohoo

:welcome: MeMom! Yes, a good trip for Charles is a good trip for everyone. LOL!

another one with limited time here... but will be reading when I can :) I'm sure it was amazing!

:welcome: Annette! Glad to have you here and reading along. It was a good trip with some rough spots, but overall we enjoyed ourselves immensely!

Read on FB this morning that you'd started the report. Can't wait to hear all about the trip! :)

Count me in!! This sounds great! I will tell you, that I am really happy my girls are grown!! I so remember 14/15!:sad::scared1:

Fabulous start! I know where you're coming from concerning teens. I'm on my 3rd and final teen, yes Danielle turned 13 last month. I'm getting too old for this! The attitude stinks if we aren't doing or eating what she wants.

I know there will be lots of connorisms to balance it out.

I'm also looking forward to your Dis meets.

Can't wait to hear about your trip!

I have a good friend that tells me the "joy" of raising a teenager is nature's way of preparing parents look at college with great anticipation rather than regret ;)

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: But in a way .... True.

MeMom said:
Yay for Charles having a good trip. :woohoo:

Longing for Disney World is so easy to understand. ::yes::
Feeling sorry for you is a little more difficult when you are writing from AULANI!!! :laughing:

Very true! It does make me miss WDW. The gift shop has a lot of the same things.

I'm definitely in for a Jackie and clan trip report!! Can't wait for more!!!

yay! you started it!!! I can't wait :cool1:

:welcome: Glad you are here!

Here! Present & accounted for! :)

:welcome: Katie! Glad you are here!

Read on FB this morning that you'd started the report. Can't wait to hear all about the trip! :)

:welcome: Michelle! First post going up right now!

Count me in!! This sounds great! I will tell you, that I am really happy my girls are grown!! I so remember 14/15!:sad::scared1:

:welcome: It's been interesting with a teenage daughter. We had an argument tonight about what kind of contacts she was going to get. Oy!

I'm here!!! :goodvibes

OT: I bought The Night Circus yesterday

:welcome: Jill!!! Have you started The Night Circus yet???

Fabulous start! I know where you're coming from concerning teens. I'm on my 3rd and final teen, yes Danielle turned 13 last month. I'm getting too old for this! The attitude stinks if we aren't doing or eating what she wants.

I know there will be lots of connorisms to balance it out.

I'm also looking forward to your Dis meets.

:welcome: Vanessa! I'm glad I am not alone with the coping. Luckily, we get reprieves every now and then, and I see the charming Chelsea. LOL!

I'm totally in Jackie! :wave2:

:welcome: Kelli!!! Glad you are here!

I'm here and excited to read all about it! :)

:welcome: Teeka!!! First update coming up!

Here can't wait to read how your trip went. And if you saw BO!!!!!!!

:welcome: There might be some Bo in this trip report!!! :thumbsup2

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: But in a way .... True.

Very!!! ::yes::

Very true! It does make me miss WDW. The gift shop has a lot of the same things.

And you are almost home now! That must be strange and fun to see Disney in Hawaii!

I'm definitely in for a Jackie and clan trip report!! Can't wait for more!!!

:welcome: Jen!!! First update posting now! :goodvibes

The days before we left for our trip were the usual flurry of last-minute errands and packing. At the same time I was trying to get as much school work done as possible (I am taking classes for an advanced degree) .

Monday, the day before departure, dawned, and I continued to hurry around doing things. Dropping Nala at the kennel (poor puppy looked at me like I was abandoning her to a sad fate), more packing, and class from 1:00 to 9:00. Let me just say that it was awfully hard to sit in class that day. I felt like a kid the day before Christmas vacation starts.

While packing Charles asked me to remember to pack his electric razor. I told him I wouldn’t forget. (I pack for everyone except Chelsea -- it’s just easier that way.)

That night as I tried to drift off to sleep, I thought to myself, “Oh, I have to remember to pack Charles’s razor.”

Tuesday morning I had my alarm set for 4:00 -- I wanted to be on the road by 6:00.

Yeah, that didn’t happen. I was lacking adequate motivation to move fast that morning. By the time I got myself ready and the rest of the household up, it was quite apparent we would not be making the 6:00 departure time. Charles, always true to form, started hurrying us along, and we were pulling onto the interstate by 6:45.

Chelsea’s Minnies were buckled into their seat for safety and both kids promptly fell asleep.

002-31.jpg

001-35.jpg

Traffic was heavy, most likely due to the impending holiday, but manageable.

We made it through Atlanta.

We made it through Macon.

And then that long stretch of south Georgia began.

And so did Charles’s complaining.

I tried to stay positive.

“You know this part just seems so long because we don’t have any checkpoints like Atlanta and Macon. When we reach Florida, we start having those checkpoints again. So, we need to create our own. We’ll count cop cars (there were so many out that day -- again probably because of the July 4th holiday) and Café Risque billboards (if you have ever driven that stretch of I-75, you know which billboards I am talking about -- they are everywhere).”
About this time, Charles also got sick and tired of me saying, “Oops, I was doing 85 again. That cop has me if he wants me,” and made me get out of the driver’s seat.

He set the cruise control and drove like a little old lady. When I would comment on it, his response was, “I’m doing 73. That’s plenty fast enough.” I know I was texting Anita my woes as we drove along sedately as if out for a Sunday afternoon.

Eventually, we reached Florida, I took back over driving with promises to not go as fast as before, and Charles asked, “Did you remember to pack my electric razor?”

Yeah, that would be a big, fat no. I felt horrible because he had reminded me before we left. He tried to tell me that he would just go without shaving for the week, but he already had quite a scruff going. I knew with the heat that he would just be miserable.

In Gainesville, I spied an area off the interstate that looked like it might have something, so I pulled off. We found a Walgreens, and while Charles refused to purchase another electric razor (I said it could just go in the trip drawer, so it would never be forgotten), he did buy a normal razor and some shaving cream.

And we were back on the road on the trip that never seemed to end.

28 Café Risque billboards (when Chelsea woke up she wanted to know why we were counting Café Risk billboards -- we had a quick French lesson LOL!) and 17 police cars later, we were on the turnpike at last.

An hour later we were on Disney property!!! Yeay!!!

And Charles was about to wet himself. There was no way he was going to make it to Riverside, so I said I would stop at the Hess station.

He was definitely doing the dance. A very frenzied dance.

We almost made the light to turn left into the Hess, but it turned red before we could. Charles was getting frantic. I could see I was going to have to take drastic measures. The lights were still green except for our left-hand turn lane which was red.

I looked around for any cops. None.

I looked at the traffic coming from the opposite direction. None.

I made an illegal turn, and Charles made it to the bathroom on time.

Chelsea and Connor, on the other hand, were having heart attacks. They could not believe I had turned when our turn lane light was red. Connor was convinced that somebody had written down our license plate number and would report us to the Disney police. I tried to explain how no one had done that and how I made sure that I was not endangering anyone with my decision. I don’t think they bought it.

With Charles’s bladder suitably empty, we finally, finally reached Port Orleans Riverside!!!

YEAY!!!

143.jpg

UP NEXT: In my mind I moan a little at the prospect of staying in the bayou.

subbing! I feel like it is the old days. A CP Princess TR. And we are staying at Riverside next summer to boot! Yay!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter