• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"A for effort, C for execution." A September 2014 TR **07/04 THE END!*

I have to tell you... I have totally binged on all your trip reports over this weekend! Your trips seem totally amazing and I really enjoy reading about them-- I feel like I'm there. I've even shared them with my partner and it's gotten us totally pumped to plan our next trip together!

:welcome: And thank you so much! I'm really glad that you've enjoyed reading about them, they were great experiences for us. That's amazing! Maybe you and your partner could write a TR after your next trip and I could read it :)

I so love that parade. Frankly, you cannot call these badly taken photos. This is one of the hardest parades to shoot but these came out great!

I'm so sad that Madame Carlotta wasn't out at the next party. She was one of my highlights from my last MNSSHP.

Well I guess Marie surprising you with this party really did pay off nicely. You got so much done.

Well thank you. I love it too, but they could have been better taken. I mean, not like that one rude lady we saw, but still a bit better taken if we hadn't stayed seated the whole time ;)

I know, it was pretty sad not to see her again but I understand why.

It was really amazing. She's such a sweetheart and we had such an amazing time.

I totally agree that Main Street is the best for parades. Liberty Square is often easiest for us, but Main Street is most magical.

I think your pictures are fantastic! I'm not great at taking pictures in the dark so I'm very impressed. Goofy's contraption is the best.

Carlotta sounds awesome! You were quick on your feet with that answer. And I love the HM magic shot.

Agreed. Other places may be more accessible, but not as magical.

No the true dark I'm terrible with pictures, but there was enough light on Main Street that it wasn't too terrible. And Goofy's section is nice and whimsical.

Carlotta was awesome and I almost didn't know what to say, so I was pretty relieved that I had something. The HM magic shots is one of my favorites, we did it last year too

Posting comments for two posts because somehow I was lame and missed one??:confused3 :lmao:

LOVE the pic of you guys with the Halloween background while you were waiting for Jack and Sally. Super cute - love the costumes.

I am so jealous of all the characters you guys met - I think I'm making that the priority of our next MNSSHP - I mean the Queen of Hearts (she scares me a little - lol) and the pooh gang in costume - and the Dwarves - we have met them once before, but it's been 4 years.

I am also in love with your pic of BOO. I had NO idea you could see her like that. I know it was a dance party kind of thing, but I so want a pic with Cassie and her somehow. Cassidy's nickname since she was a baby is Boo (after Boo - :lmao:).

Also your pics of the parade made me miss it so bad. I also now know that I want to see it from Main Street next time. The kids are getting old enough to wait a bit, so I think that is where we will shoot for next time. Great Pics!

It's okay, happens to the best of us :)

Thank you! I got a lot of compliments on my sock monkey costume, people seemed to love it. One girl gave me extra candy for it.

We do enjoy character meets but then we didn't really do much else. Like rides we didn't hit or anything except HM and we got a fairly decent amount of candy. Lots of good photo ops though, so I recommend meeting whoever strikes your fancy.

Aww Cassidy's nickname is super cute! If you go to the Tomorrowland dance party area and have her dance close you might be able to get a picture. I know that there was a Photopass photographer.

Thanks! We see the second parade because it's easier. For both parties we did we went straight to get a spot after the fireworks. Not necessary in one of the cases but in the other it was? So I guess it depends on the crowds. Maybe just have one person and stuff to save the spots for a few minutes and grab some of the trick or treating in the Tomorrowland Terrace and over by Stitch before taking a seat? That way it'd seem like less waiting. But even the wait is always worth it.

I wish we could have stayed the whole night at the party, but our travel was catching up to us pretty quick around 10:30pm. Next time I won't do the party on the night we arrive (if we are driving). It is just too much on me.

Yeah, travel days will do that :( Hopefully next time you do a party you can stay the whole time and take advantage of it, because it's really great to stay until the end.

One of these years I need to make it to a Halloween party if for no other reason that to see the parade. Love any time the characters are dressed up as other characters/in costume

Love the grave diggers - just such a unique aspect of the parade

Fully agree with you - not a fan of the Candy Corn

15 minute wait at HM during a party doesn't seem to bad - and then for it to really be a walk-on :thumbsup2

I like the magic shot with the ghost carriage driver - very cool and unique! That type of thing is really cool to do at the parties so you get something only available at the parties

The Halloween party is fantastic and pairing it with Food and Wine makes it better. September is soooo rainy though. I'd suggest October even if it's busier because the weather is better.

They're really impressive for sure.

I don't know anyone who like candy corn. I mean, I suppose they have to exist, but I'm skeptical.

End of the night perks :thumbsup2

Apparently there's a place to the get the hitchhiking ghosts too but we haven't run across it. That's fine though, because we love that magic shot.

Hi ! joining in ! we are going to Disney in Sept about the same time as you went so I cant wait to see fall decoration :cool1: we looked at staying at All Stars bu my parents will be coming wih us so we hope to get a suite at AOA. The party looks like so much fun but we will have to wait a few more years for the boys to enjoy it. Looks like you are having a great time so far !

:welcome: ! The fall decorations are great, just make sure you pack your ponchos and have shoes that are good for walking in the rain.

A suite at AOA would be amazing! That resort is so beautiful, I really want to stay there someday so I hope you get a chance to stay there :)

I'm sure your boys will have a great time when you finally do go and the free candy never hurts either ;)

Day 4, Part 1: "That was brilliant."

Today was the big day of our Keys to the Kingdom Tour, so we had to get up fairly early despite not going to bed until later. So at 7 am, our wake up call went off and we got up.

I made our way down to the food court to grab us some food while Marie showered.

Now, everyone knows I'm not huge on breakfast, so I didn't exactly pick the best breakfast out there.

go13QVo.jpg

I got a croissant for me.

JtWKEgD.jpg

And pain au chocolat for Marie.

Both were quite yummy, in case you were wondering.

tUt7nsq.jpg

We left Marie's mousekeeping envelope out on the bed.

xU3Rmwz.jpg

And made the short walk over to the bus stop.

XT4wDz7.jpg

Where we happily sat in the shade and waited for a bus to turn up.

ioXu1VZ.jpg

As you can tell, we made it to the Magic Kingdom around 8:15.

The park wasn't going to be opening until 9 and our tour was at 9:15 so we planned on catching the welcome show. We were still a bit confused on the protocol though, so we went and asked how we should proceed.

It was then that we were informed that despite the fact that our tour wouldn't start for almost an hour, we could still enter the park early.

So, like any sane people, we decided to skip the welcome show and instead take advantage of the empty Main Street where I proceeded to take a bijillion pictures. You've been warned.

t3czOde.jpg

Oh empty Main Street, how I do love you.

qnyZgGK.jpg

eoRvrLA.jpg

The Photopass photographer in the background of this shot was amazing.

ZZ4K1L2.jpg

NnHtJkB.jpg

PVvQT9a.jpg

1lnaJkR.jpg

myKbIk1.jpg

p7DE0gP.jpg

I had never noticed this plague before.

Okay, so here's the best story of this time. Marie and I are waiting in line behind this young family and they have a little daughter who is just not wanting to be in the picture. She's probably around 3 or 4 and just refusing to get out of her stroller and be part of the family picture.

This Photopass photographer though, he turns to the parents and is like, "Are you meeting Anna and Elsa today?" and they were like, "Yes, we are." And he turns to the little girl and goes, "You know, I hear you're meeting Anna and Elsa today. Let me tell you something about them, they like to have a picture of all the people who will meet them. That way they'll know who you are when you get there!"

Let me tell you, that little girl practically jumped out of her stroller to be in the family picture after that. I mean, what an A+ Photopass man.

azjnx2L.jpg

Marie and I took a picture after that and had no interesting stories.

vvrNot6.jpg

I love the pumpkin snowman.

1nM5e5k.jpg

Such empty.

wVNaxQV.jpg

Much space.

19uiCEl.jpg

AeWJ29i.jpg

We actually went down this side street and sat for part of the tour.

Pyy7fDe.jpg

All the fall decorations out and about.

26juBGK.jpg

My appreciation for Roy grew much more after the tour because I just hadn't known much about him beforehand.

ub3rIOJ.jpg

ujTipnS.jpg

Themed pumpkins.

Click for next post

Last edited:
Day 4, Part 2: "That was a fail."

NQc5HUp.jpg

I love the ice cream pumpkins.

We stopped for some more Photopass pictures because we figured, why not? We've got time to kill and a Memory Maker to use.

QFRcMFZ.jpg

eQbpskX.jpg

She told us to make a heart with our arms and clearly we super nailed that one.

We cracked up so hard when we saw the finished product later. Hand hearts are a better idea.

HAtt1JH.jpg

Oh my goodness, it's Tink!

qX09ypH.jpg

What a swell fairy.

jKSmzcl.jpg

xVA3K3N.jpg

I enjoy these little statues.

mMkiK4b.jpg

9bZFZco.jpg

I also like that Donald carved Daisy in his pumpkin.

kcZMOkb.jpg

zL8yrcA.jpg

Empty Castle area.

You know what that means.

oD9XEX0.jpg

Showcase the emptiness.

npXN5Bo.jpg

Or well, the mostly emptiness.

Lu3Fvu6.jpg

Liberty Square bridge.

HX8HP9L.jpg

Light fixture, because I was into them that morning.

WgtW9Gr.jpg

kxmP8Mq.jpg

Look at the lights, all ready to go but not going to go. Such sadness.

r9cHgLb.jpg

y0RGnla.jpg

Good morning Tomorrowland.

Mym2Xkl.jpg

Another light fixture.

sPBsRRZ.jpg

D4rRzxq.jpg

I just really liked them, okay?

Click for next post

Last edited:

Day 4, Part 3: "Let's head backstage."

EftAu3m.jpg

I love these, so much.

tW9cd1M.jpg

C8DW1dN.jpg

FuvETgA.jpg

Vq4xTCD.jpg

I really just wanted to keep going as much as I could.

fjxJkQs.jpg

Sg4IjMK.jpg

Show the Castle some more love.

cqnTfS3.jpg

ZvfH3XF.jpg

kMfGYyF.jpg

Rightfully wearing her crown.

7tbaf5H.jpg

More Liberty Square.

Content with my wandering, we decided to get even more Photopass pictures.

KFlH8Z7.jpg

HiqxQPe.jpg

Oh look, it's Olaf!

zg5U9qM.jpg

bQy1rny.jpg

At that point, we made our way back up toward the front of the park, figuring that we'd want to be up that way when people came in and we were totally right.

yJB6rDk.jpg

This is what it looks like on the other side of the robe drop entering.

NkkARjS.jpg

Stitch was out to welcome everyone.

WOHCydQ.jpg

Seriously, it's a bit crazy to watch everyone come in.

jchOaQ7.jpg

We decided to take a picture on this bench, with Roy and Minnie, where our tour would actually start and finish.

LVTJ9bh.jpg

After that, we headed into to get checked in and to take some of the free bottles of water they were handing out because it was hot.

IOFrv8y.jpg

A nice man took our picture together, where we'd just been waiting the night before.

h71C9It.jpg

Keys to the Kingdom tour, ready to go! So excited for this!

Now, we aren't allowed to take pictures on the tour but I'll tell you a little bit about it anyway. To start off our tour guide, Jordan, introduced himself. He'd started out working at the pirate's league and then had slowly worked himself around the park in various positions. He was really great and interesting, I was glad that we had him as a guide.

To start things off we all went around and introduced ourselves with our names and our favorite characters. I said Winnie the Pooh, of course, and Marie said TinkerBell. There were quite a few Donald fans in our group is all I remember.

After that we made our way up Main Street, learning more about the people on the windows. My favorite one, whose name I can't remember, has the window directly in the middle of Walt and Roy because he used to be their go between when they were upset. He even used to plan fake meetings and invite them both, only to make them talk to one another.

I accidentally said, "Well that's adorable." in response to that tidbit out loud. People looked at me funny.

We got to continue on for a while and it was actually really fun and informative. I felt like we learned a lot. You get to ride Jungle Cruise with your guide telling you all the information and the Haunted Mansion after learning the information outside. We also got to go backstage to the parade float area and that was really awesome. I loved learning about what it's like to be in the parades and seeing floats that were being worked on.

For lunch we ate at Columbia Harbor House. Marie and I both got the chicken because we're not big on fish and we were sat with a lovely couple named John and Jody who were there on their anniversary staying at the Grand Floridian and having the tour be their only park time. It was really nice talking to them throughout the meal.

Near the end we got to the part we'd all been waiting for and got to go down into the utilidors. Let me tell you something though, seeing Main Street from the back really messed me up. There is so much forced perspective that seeing the whole length of the street... I still can't wrap my head around it.

In the utilidors we got told more history and I totally teared up hearing about Roy needing Mickey to dedicate the park. I also got to see so many pins that I wanted and wished to find. It was pretty awesome.

By the end of the tour, I was fairly exhausted and so was Marie. We didn't even take a picture with Jordan (oops) because we just wanted to sit down and rest. The tour lasts about 5 hours and you're walking for most of it and out in the sun a lot of it as well.

I'd absolutely advise anyone who is interested to do it because it's an amazing opportunity. However, if you're like us, make sure you get used to being on your feet and walking for a few hours without a break beforehand.

Click for next post

Last edited:

AHHH MOUSEKEEPING ENVELOPES!! I totally forgot about that. I need to get some of those done if I have time.

I was thinking that as awesome as the welcome show is, it's every day, and hoped that you would know to enter the park early. Clearly, you chose wisely.

I adore that photopass photogs dedication. What a brilliant idea.

Wow, totally a heart you got there. :rolleyes1

I think this is my favourite. Totally precious.

bQy1rny.jpg

I will add WOW, you really took advantage of the emptiness. So many great photos.

So glad you guys did the tour. It really is, in my opinion, totally worth every penny. And you are so right. Seeing everything from below is mind boggling.

Such great empty MK photos!! I wish we had taken advantage of that, we waited until after the welcome show to get in.

Sorry guys, I laughed out loud at the arm heart picture. That's an A for effort, C for execution moment right there.

Olaf magic shot!!! I'm jealous.

I loved that story about the guy who was the mediator between Walt and Roy too!!! I have no idea what his name is either, though…

I'm so glad you guys loved the tour! I agree that it's very exhausting though. If I did it again I feel like I might go back to the hotel and take a nap after.

Joining in! Seems like you two always have really fun trips. I'd love to take a behind-the-scenes tour like that!

:welcome: Glad to have you here! We have had great trips for sure. And Keys to the Kingdom was really an amazing experience, if you can do it someday, you should.

An empty MK is amazing. Your tour sounds great, I didn't realize it was 5 hours!

MK is way better when it's empty. It's like a whole different world and so beautiful. Much easier to take in all the magical detailing.

Keys to the Kingdom is truly amazing. It's something that we'll always remember. But yes, it's quite lengthy as well. That just means we got our money's worth! :thumbsup2

AHHH MOUSEKEEPING ENVELOPES!! I totally forgot about that. I need to get some of those done if I have time.

I was thinking that as awesome as the welcome show is, it's every day, and hoped that you would know to enter the park early. Clearly, you chose wisely.

I adore that photopass photogs dedication. What a brilliant idea.

Wow, totally a heart you got there. :rolleyes1

I think this is my favourite. Totally precious.

bQy1rny.jpg

I will add WOW, you really took advantage of the emptiness. So many great photos.

So glad you guys did the tour. It really is, in my opinion, totally worth every penny. And you are so right. Seeing everything from below is mind boggling.

Well they'd be a lot faster to make if you don't go totally insane like Marie did ;)

Well is there really a better choice to make then being able to enter the MK early?

He clearly knows how to do his job.

::yes:: It's a real heart.

Thank you. We got some awesome pictures and I do like that one lots.

We were really glad we did the tour too. I agree, it is worth every penny and just such an experience that was new and different.

You really got your money's worth on your memory maker! :thumbsup2

Even more so because we did a share and paid $25 total. I'm telling you, shares are amazing.

Such great empty MK photos!! I wish we had taken advantage of that, we waited until after the welcome show to get in.

Sorry guys, I laughed out loud at the arm heart picture. That's an A for effort, C for execution moment right there.

Olaf magic shot!!! I'm jealous.

I loved that story about the guy who was the mediator between Walt and Roy too!!! I have no idea what his name is either, though…

I'm so glad you guys loved the tour! I agree that it's very exhausting though. If I did it again I feel like I might go back to the hotel and take a nap after.

Well the welcome show is a good idea too. I mean, there's nothing wrong with that.

:confused3 What, that was an A+++ heart effort?

Marie was happy, since you know, she missed the Olaf magic shot in May ;)

I should have wrote down his name. I tried to search it on the internet but I couldn't come up with anything. Maybe someone else will know.

That is exactly what we did. We went back to take a nap because we love our sleep and it was just so tiring. I mean, amazing, but tiring.

I like the big heart on main street - it has personality! :rotfl: I LOVE the empty park pics - so weird to see it that empty. Looks like it was a beautiful morning (though you can't see the heat - ;))

Loved hearing about the tour - Wyatt is already gearing up to take it in 3.5 years! That story is so cool about Walt, Roy and the go between. It's funny because it's so hard to remember they were actually real people, if you know what I mean. It just seems like another fairytale.

Fun update! :thumbsup2

I like the big heart on main street - it has personality! :rotfl: I LOVE the empty park pics - so weird to see it that empty. Looks like it was a beautiful morning (though you can't see the heat - ;))

Loved hearing about the tour - Wyatt is already gearing up to take it in 3.5 years! That story is so cool about Walt, Roy and the go between. It's funny because it's so hard to remember they were actually real people, if you know what I mean. It just seems like another fairytale.

Fun update! :thumbsup2

Personality is a way to say it :rotfl:

It is beautiful but you're right, the heat was not visible ;)

The tour is so great, I'm sure that Wyatt will love it when he finally gets to do it! I agree though, sometimes we forget that they were normal brothers too who had problems.

Day 4, Part 4: "We need a poncho picture!"

Marie and I decided to rest for a few minutes before we headed out to catch a bus back to the resort. Unfortunately, our resting made us just miss a bus. With how close POFQ is to MK though, we knew it wasn't going to be too long of a wait so we just took a seat in the line.

075_zps754c066b.jpg

We saw some monorails who looked like they were racing.

Also, note the darkening sky. A telltale sign of the dreaded September rain.

076_zps177f7884.jpg

We were pretty excited to see this coming our way.

077_zps9147ced8.jpg

Rainy skies looming over the resort.

078_zps9a2b12e6.jpg

And a towel animal in the room.

We rested for about an hour before we went back to catch a bus. Of course, it was raining at that point, but we had our ponchos ready.

By the time we got to Epcot it was really just misting again, but we decided that we'd embrace the rain by having poncho pictures with the park icons.

079_zpsaf172b4d.jpg

Excuse my hair. I don't even know what it was doing.

080_zps2dc1bbe9.jpg

Spaceship Earth appreciation.

081_zpse1a19ca0.jpg

We were headed to Test Track for our Fastpass.

082_zps72fde1dd.jpg

However, when we got there Test Track was down. Not surprising, considering the weather.

So we decided that we needed a different plan of action.

083_zps2db6e277.jpg

084_zps47f481b8.jpg

Spaceship Earth is always a good idea.

085_zpsad0e5374.jpg

Don't let our faces fool you, we love it.

Since Test Track was still down after we got off according to the MDE app, we made our way elsewhere.

086_zpsa6f9f8ba.jpg

Any guesses where?

That's right, we went to the Character Spot!

087_zps6a973ffb.jpg

Where this very important picture was snapped by the photopass photographer.

088_zpsceb32ff6.jpg

And very important hugs were given.

089_zpsf9285ec3.jpg

The main mouse himself.

090_zps61cc48d8.jpg

Super fab.

091_zpsf36a7edc.jpg

I love this picture because it looks like Marie is glaring at the photographer for capturing her moment with Goofy.

092_zpsa99b99c9.jpg

I was just super happy.

093_zps5ad14e11.jpg

Goofy was a goof, as usual..

094_zps10839146.jpg

So fun.

095_zpse348b966.jpg

Minnie was a bit bland, to be quite honest.

096_zps2867f676.jpg

But she's still a cutie so we forgave her.

Click for next post

Last edited:
Day 4, Part 5: "This is my 'We're going to be late' face."

Once we'd finished meeting some friends we decided to check back at Test Track.

097_zpsbc812a9f.jpg

We passed this lovely fountain on the way.

And Test Track was back up.

098_zps15036951.jpg

So we went ahead and got in line with our Fastpass, knowing that our dinner reservation was growing closer.

099_zps2d06cef8.jpg

And I made a great looking car.

100_zpsd267b84f.jpg

Here was Marie's. Also good looking, but we clearly have different focuses.

By the time that we got into the ride, it was 6:20. Our dinner reservation was at 6:30. We didn't think things through, clearly, considering our reservation was in the World Showcase.

101_zpscc9984ab.jpg

Hence my look at the camera.

After that we had to book it all the way to Japan where our dinner reservation was. We showed up about 10 minutes late, but no one cared and we actually waited a couple of minutes to be seated after that.

Where were we eating?

Only one of our favorite places.

102_zps5ec76ec8.jpg

103_zps7712a0bf.jpg

Oh yeah. We're doing this.

Also as usual, we both went with the chicken because it's so amazingly delicious that I could not not get it.

Seriously, we always think of it as an amazing choice.

Since we were already there, we decided that we'd just watch IllumiNations from the balcony.

104_zpsad617b4e.jpg

There was still about an hour left before they were going to start, but it rained again and we were really glad to have the cover.

After claiming our spot, Marie sent me to go get dessert in France because I had my ID on me and she didn't. While I was gone she started to talk to a fellow Diser named Stephanie (sjc011)! She was super nice and there with her husband on their honeymoon. It was really nice to chat with them while waiting for the show to start.

Anyway, back to the dessert run to France.

105_zps33016277.jpg

I got myself a ice cream martini with mint chocolate chip ice cream and whipped cream vodka. Let me tell you, it was a strong drink.

There was also a sketchy moment as I summed up on Facebook:
France pavilion I appreciate not having to pull out my ID but I think it's a little sketchy that you didn't card me when I bought that ice cream martini.

I stand by the claim that it is sketchy. I mean, I'm just 21 (sure almost 22 now but still) and while I know things are different in France, the States is pretty strict about who can buy alcohol.

106_zps34848523.jpg

Marie wanted a ice cream macaroon in the chocolate variety. She really loved it.

Now, I start to drink my ice cream martini and I'm having a goodish time (except for the fact that it's really strong) sitting down and talking to Marie when all of a sudden...

Update: just spilled said ice cream martini all over my legs -____-

And that was the end of that. I mean, I had ice cream martini all over my legs, feet and even a little on my cardigan.

Marie went down to the drink cart in Japan and brought back a crapton of napkins to clean everything up.

It was all cleaned up before the show started and we watched IllumiNations. Like usual, I shed some tears because it is the most beautiful of the shows Disney offers.

After it was done, we trudged back to the front of the park in the rain and caught a bus back to the resort where we unpacked, showered and then went to sleep after a long day.

Click for next post

Last edited:
That ice cream martini looks delicious!

You know, funny enough, while I was living in Europe the only time I was ever carded in a year and a half was in a bar just outside Paris (it was the sports bar in Downtown Disney of DLP, but still, that's France!) so it's really weird to me that they didn't card you!

Ok, both of those look awesome!!! I loved going to get ice cream in France, but I really need to try the macaroon!!

It really sucks that you spilled your martini, but at least you had the time to get it cleaned up before Illuminations.

I LOVE Illuminations. We saw it in October between France and Morocco. It was definitely a different view point and I want to go different places to watch it from now on.

AWESOME monorail photo there Amber. They do look like they're racing.

Good lord the never ending rain clouds. They just would not go away. But that towel animal is fabulous, so a nice consolation.

HAHA, that first PP photo is golden. Definitely getting the money's worth on the Memory maker.

And hugs all around. I know Mickey is special, but Goofy gives some great hugs.

You two are probably the biggest Teppan Edo boosters there are.

Oh how cool to have a DISmeet just waiting for Illuminations. How did that happen?

I'm a little surprised you didn't get carded too. I mean, it's still Disney and the last thing they want is underage drinking I would think.

"Update: just spilled said ice cream martini all over my legs -____-" I think I remember reading that, lol. I was in DTD I think.

That ice cream martini looks delicious!

You know, funny enough, while I was living in Europe the only time I was ever carded in a year and a half was in a bar just outside Paris (it was the sports bar in Downtown Disney of DLP, but still, that's France!) so it's really weird to me that they didn't card you!

It was good but it was very very strong. Basically it's straight vodka with ice cream. It's not for the weak.

That is really strange! And I think maybe the CM just was tired or something? I don't know. Either way, hopefully it's not a common occurrence.

Ok, both of those look awesome!!! I loved going to get ice cream in France, but I really need to try the macaroon!!

It really sucks that you spilled your martini, but at least you had the time to get it cleaned up before Illuminations.

I LOVE Illuminations. We saw it in October between France and Morocco. It was definitely a different view point and I want to go different places to watch it from now on.

Marie did let me try a bite and it was really delicious. I'd totes go for it next time.

That's true, but to be quite honest if I hadn't had time I probably would have been like, guess I'm watching IllumiNations with ice cream martini all over me. I waited too long to see it. ;)

There is a lot of different view points. I've only seen it mostly from the right side: UK, Canada, and Japan. I really liked Canada and so did Marie though so I don't know how much venturing we'll be doing.

AWESOME monorail photo there Amber. They do look like they're racing.

Good lord the never ending rain clouds. They just would not go away. But that towel animal is fabulous, so a nice consolation.

HAHA, that first PP photo is golden. Definitely getting the money's worth on the Memory maker.

And hugs all around. I know Mickey is special, but Goofy gives some great hugs.

You two are probably the biggest Teppan Edo boosters there are.

Oh how cool to have a DISmeet just waiting for Illuminations. How did that happen?

I'm a little surprised you didn't get carded too. I mean, it's still Disney and the last thing they want is underage drinking I would think.

"Update: just spilled said ice cream martini all over my legs -____-" I think I remember reading that, lol. I was in DTD I think.

I should go ahead and write Disney. After you finish your Planes trilogy and your Cars 3, consider Monorails. I mean, who wouldn't want to watch a movie about monorails racing?

Kinda ruined the Sunshine State with all those clouds.

They really want to capture the magic :p

I dream about that chicken. I can't help it. It's so yummy and so are the noodles. I'd wear a shirt promoting it for the rest of my life if they gave me a plate for free. Just one.

Just striking up conversation with people next to Marie while waiting (she struck it up, I just came back to it). Pays to talk to others :)

True. Don't tell anyone but I let Veronica have a drink out of my La Vie en Rose slush in May even though she was only 20. But she didn't buy it and I got carded then.

I think it was karma almost. Like, oh, you want to brag on Facebook? Say goodbye to your drink!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter