"A for effort, C for execution." A September 2014 TR **07/04 THE END!*

Day 2, Part 3: "Everyone judges my parenting!"

Now that we arrived, we checked out the map to make sure that we were going the right way. Luckily, our destination was right in front of us, so no room to get lost.

15678210622_4b102c2b77_z.jpg

15678210362_21101199e5_z.jpg

We had a 12:10 reservation (or something like that) at Trail's End. It's not exactly an extremely popular destination, so when we got in we were one of probably only five tables there. But that was fine with us because the service was quick.

15652895476_d0a2dcc810_z.jpg

15056671054_e8f28420c0_o.jpg

We got our drinks really quickly and Marie was reunited with her true love: pomegranate lemonade.
15057260163_3e52f7def4_o.jpg

Our food also came out quickly. Perks of it being empty.
15491820790_942513d3a0_o.jpg

I had the chicken and waffles, sans maple syrup. I should have gotten it on the side. But the chicken was amazing. I'm not too big on waffles in general so I didn't eat much of them. I'd order it again just for the chicken.

15652893146_01c1bcedda_o.jpg

Marie had the pulled pork sandwich with the slaw on the side (she doesn't like it, nor do I). And it was really delicious.

2yx5bwy.jpg

The s'mores dessert was the whole reason Marie had wanted to eat there, so we split it. Or well, I think I had two bites and Marie ate the rest of it. It was also delicious but the Marshmellow gelato had a really weird texture, so it mostly went uneaten.

We forgot our Tables in Wonderland card (oops!) that morning so we used our AP discount instead. Which, you know, at least saved us some money.

Overall verdict on Trail's End? We loved it. We'll definitely go back again some time.

Satisfied with our meal, we decided to head back to the Magic Kingdom after looking around at the beach area a little more and deciding that Fort Wilderness looked nice, even if it is too big for us.

15491233138_6963063216_o.jpg

15678208572_18d476def3_o.jpg

I mean, look at this map. Much too large for us.

We found out that the boat for the MK wasn't there but there was a small resort boat leaving, so we decided that we'd head over to the Contemporary and walk back to the Magic Kingdom because it'd give us an excuse to go that way.

15676622925_a9225a1f7a_o.jpg

15057259313_e67a4567c1_o.jpg

15674698591_d2e01ecb10_o.jpg

As you can see, the sun had sort of come out during our time eating. So we decided that it was way too hot to walk back to the Magic Kingdom. Instead, we'd take the monorail and have an excuse to actually go inside the Contemporary.

But first... photo-ops!

15676620515_40493bcaa1_o.jpg

Marie looking fab.

15491415517_05b3fa5c43_o.jpg

Who knows what I was doing? Because I really don't.

A nice couple saw us and offered to take a picture with the two of us, so we thanked them and took them up on that.

15652892166_78e1d5987f_o.jpg

15490743279_c5bf3212ea_o.jpg

We decided to pass on taking more pictures with things.

Instead, we just headed inside and looked around a bit before making our way up to the monorail.

15491819970_f3653f6b76_o.jpg

The monorail ride was nice and quick. We even got to sit, so that was a plus.

15676622105_2715611ce8_o.jpg

We reminisced over the time that Marie tried to kill me on this pole.

15491414837_958f3ae441_o.jpg

I like the fall decorations a lot.

15491817670_e590f1f08c_o.jpg

Pumpkins be so cute.

Unfortunately in our time out of the park, the rarest of the MK creatures returned:
15674695521_a40191d95b_o.jpg

Originally we headed off to go ride Winnie the Pooh but we saw the Fairy Godmother out and meeting so we decided that we were going to get in line.

Except the line was closed, but the attendant told us when she'd be back out. Then headed over to ride Winnie the Pooh. The wait said 20 minutes, but it was much shorter and being a group of 2 we shaved another few minutes off our time.

For some reason I have zero pictures of this, but I promise it happened. I wouldn't lie about riding Winnie the Pooh.

We then went to grab some water at Friar's Nook and saw that the step-family was out meeting. Afraid the line was closed, we quickly headed over and found that it was still open! Score.

The line was sooo hot to wait in and the lady in front of us had gotten a milkshake for her daughter, but some of the milkshake was coming out the top because there was so much so she spends minutes complaining about how gross that is and how they gave far too much ice cream.

Meanwhile Marie and I are standing there like, ... too much??? The looks we kept giving each other as she continued to complain to her mother were speaking volumes and finally the lady took it back to get a new one. That's right, she wanted a new milkshake with less milkshake.

She came back a few minutes later with less milkshake and was still annoyed about other things. But luckily it was soon her daughter's turn to meet the step-family.

Drizella told the girl to give her best attitude strut and the girl shyly walked up to them. At which point, Drizella gave a grade:

"A for effort... C for execution."

And thus the TR title was born while we were cracking up.

When we approached the family Drizella talked about how she'd just been being honest and Lady Tremaine went on about how the girl's mother needed to teach her daughter to give more attitude.

She defended herself in the following way, "Everyone judges my parenting! If they're going to judge mine, I'm going to judge theirs."

I told her it was fair.

ct7v5.jpg

Overall it was a great meet and we ended up getting back into the line since the Fairy Godmother would be coming back out to the same spot. Marie got some more water because it was that hot and we waited a while but we managed.

aczgp2.jpg

The Fairy Godmother was a total sweetheart. We chatted a little and she asked if we'd rode the royal horses yet. When we admitted that we hadn't she suggested that we go take a spin on them because they were very well trained, and gave us the proper direction.

210xces.jpg

Those two very important meets taken care of, we had an even more important FP+ to get to.

Click for next post

Last edited:
So glad to see you back and posting Amber. Hopefully that rough spell is over or at least lessoning.

Aww, ya'll were fab in your Splash photo. And well protected.

Back to back mountains (actually kinda back to back to back) is never a bad thing. I love short waits.

Hahaha, I remember you mentioning the Philharmagic picture. Love it (but sad by it too).

OMG I'm so sad I missed COP. Especially sad I missed out on that awesome CM. I would have died and he would have gotten a Thank You card.

HA you know you're in Disney when you make a reservation based around dessert.

AHHH I love finding out where TR titles come from. Leave it to the Stepsisters. They never disappoint.

And Fairy Godmother. I am still wanting to meet her. But as everyone always says... Next Time!

So did you get a new computer? If do, what kind. I'm a nerd I like to know these things! You toe have the best on ride pictures ever, always so fabulous!

Loved your update!

And now I'm going to copy you...I took notes as I was reading :rotfl2: It is such a handy way to do it! So thanks! :thumbsup2

Awesome BTMRR wait - isn't it fun, when it's less than posted? I also love the pic of you two on the ride - turned out so cute :goodvibes

I am also so sorry that you didn't get to see Philharmagic. I am SO glad that the girls and I made our mad dash our first night to see it before it closed. It really is a great show. Just have to come back soon!

I also enjoyed hearing about the COP CM. I love CM's like that - you can tell that they just love their job. Makes for a fun trip.

Can't wait to read some more. I'd better get busy posting on my own report! The day I have on deck to post is a fun one - can't wait to relive it!!! :)

Every post in yours (o your wife's TR) just makes me want to be there NOW :sad:

Really enjoying it - keep it comin!

I love the boat ride from MK to FW. I feel it is very relaxing and you don't remember that you are at a theme park. I love sitting at the front of the boat and feeling the wind in your face.

I wish I could have met the Step Family...we didn't get to see them last week.

I love the picture of you both with the fairy godmother.

So glad to see you back and posting Amber. Hopefully that rough spell is over or at least lessoning.

Aww, ya'll were fab in your Splash photo. And well protected.

Back to back mountains (actually kinda back to back to back) is never a bad thing. I love short waits.

Hahaha, I remember you mentioning the Philharmagic picture. Love it (but sad by it too).

OMG I'm so sad I missed COP. Especially sad I missed out on that awesome CM. I would have died and he would have gotten a Thank You card.

HA you know you're in Disney when you make a reservation based around dessert.

AHHH I love finding out where TR titles come from. Leave it to the Stepsisters. They never disappoint.

And Fairy Godmother. I am still wanting to meet her. But as everyone always says... Next Time!

Thanks Rob, I hope so too :)

Well it was already raining, no need to get more wet. Plus, the seats were wet and if I don't mind getting wet usually, I hate sitting on a wet seat.

Morning is the best time to get things done. Like, having slept in one whole trip, I can't believe we did that.

We should have given him a thank you card but at the end of the ride we sort of just moved on. Our theater was almost full, which was nice, if unexpected.

Well if you can find something you'll eat for an entree, why not? :thumbsup2

That step-family. Always on point.

There's always next time ::yes:: And she's the biggest sweetheart ever. So sweet

So did you get a new computer? If do, what kind. I'm a nerd I like to know these things! You toe have the best on ride pictures ever, always so fabulous!

First, thank you. We try ;)

Secondly, yes, I got a Lenovo G505 laptop. I like it well enough, but I miss my Toshiba for familiarity. But it was super cheap and our tablet is a Lenovo so we figured we'd be fine.

Loved your update!

And now I'm going to copy you...I took notes as I was reading :rotfl2: It is such a handy way to do it! So thanks! :thumbsup2

Awesome BTMRR wait - isn't it fun, when it's less than posted? I also love the pic of you two on the ride - turned out so cute :goodvibes

I am also so sorry that you didn't get to see Philharmagic. I am SO glad that the girls and I made our mad dash our first night to see it before it closed. It really is a great show. Just have to come back soon!

I also enjoyed hearing about the COP CM. I love CM's like that - you can tell that they just love their job. Makes for a fun trip.

Can't wait to read some more. I'd better get busy posting on my own report! The day I have on deck to post is a fun one - can't wait to relive it!!! :)

It does make things easier, doesn't it? :thumbsup2

Thanks, we were just on a Disney high. We were like, it's our first day here and it's a full day! Yay!

The mad dash was a great idea. It's Marie's favorite 3D show and we both love it, so we were super bummed.

That CM was gold. I can't believe we didn't think to do anything for him :worried:

Ooh now I'm looking forward even more for your next day! Fun days are the best, especially when they've got the distinction of Disney fun days. Way better than regular fun days

Every post in yours (o your wife's TR) just makes me want to be there NOW :sad:

Really enjoying it - keep it comin!

Well first off :welcome: and thank you!

Secondly, I'm sorry that you're not there now :( But I see you've got a trip coming up! So that's always exciting.

And thirdly, I'll do my best ;)

I love the boat ride from MK to FW. I feel it is very relaxing and you don't remember that you are at a theme park. I love sitting at the front of the boat and feeling the wind in your face.

I wish I could have met the Step Family...we didn't get to see them last week.

I love the picture of you both with the fairy godmother.

It was super relaxing and just so different than the bus rides or even the monorail. We sat in the back and had the wind in our faces. So awesome. :cloud9:

They've got weird meeting hours I feel like, we didn't meet them in May even though I really wanted to, but meeting them is always a good choice.

Thank you :blush:

Amber, in the Splash Mountain picture, all I can think is that you are doing some weird washing your hair move. Now I know that you get wet enough, but not the appropiate time for catching up on your hygiene.

You guys in the Space Mountain picture makes me smile. That is for sure one of my favorite rides, only made better by the actual reality of death looming over. :P

The picture Marie took of the drinks, looks more like a perfect picture of Perry. I find great amusement in it. I love it. It's perfect.

I'm also super jealous that you met both the Godmother and the Stepmother and Stepsisters. I want to meet them sometime, maybe.

Supermodel status in that Splash photo.

Oh my gosh, I would have loved that CoP host!!! He sounds amazing!

I definitely want to try Trail's End at some point. Your food looks great.

Here's an idea for the girl…drink the milkshake. That way there's less ice cream. SOLUTIONSSSS

Drizella sounds so fantastic.

Fairy Godmother is now a must-meet for me. She is the sweetest!

Amber, in the Splash Mountain picture, all I can think is that you are doing some weird washing your hair move. Now I know that you get wet enough, but not the appropiate time for catching up on your hygiene.

You guys in the Space Mountain picture makes me smile. That is for sure one of my favorite rides, only made better by the actual reality of death looming over. :P

The picture Marie took of the drinks, looks more like a perfect picture of Perry. I find great amusement in it. I love it. It's perfect.

I'm also super jealous that you met both the Godmother and the Stepmother and Stepsisters. I want to meet them sometime, maybe.

Okay, Traci, sometimes we need to use park time for other things. Like, less time in the shower, more time in the Magic Kingdom. Win/Win.

Who doesn't want to die at Disney? :confused3

I just noticed that thanks to you :p

Well if you come next year we can make it a priority. Marie did like the Godmother and I love the Stepfamily. They're up there with Gaston in terms of good meets.

Supermodel status in that Splash photo.

Oh my gosh, I would have loved that CoP host!!! He sounds amazing!

I definitely want to try Trail's End at some point. Your food looks great.

Here's an idea for the girl…drink the milkshake. That way there's less ice cream. SOLUTIONSSSS

Drizella sounds so fantastic.

Fairy Godmother is now a must-meet for me. She is the sweetest!

:goodvibes Thank you.

By far one of the best CMs we encountered.

It was a good choice. Awesome food. Good service, good atmosphere and a boat ride. Like, what more can you want?

GAAAAAAAAASP. You can't just expect people to solve their own problems, Courtney. These people should know what an appropriate amount of ice cream is to put into a milkshake. Geez. :snooty:

Drizella was super fab. A+ Drizella.

She was such a sweetie. I want to meet her more often in the future.

Day 2, Part 4: "These seats are tiny."

When we left off Marie and I had a FP+ to use. Luckily, we were close by, so we headed off immediately afterward.

Where were we headed?

052_zpse622c014.jpg

That's right, we scored one of those uber valuable FP+s for 7DMT.

053_zps6a3a6ac6.jpg

054_zps376a7c87.jpg

We headed inside and soon we were boarding the next train. I have to admit the 1 and 2 on the ground kinda threw me.

The first thing that we noticed was that the seats were very small. Like, I get that it's geared at children, but oh my goodness. Those seats need to be bigger.

055_zps7d4d2cb2.jpg

Here's a picture of us from the ride.

056_zps52b70f10.jpg

And another.

057_zpsb447e890.jpg

We were stopped here for a couple of minutes.

058_zps4f6bb8e2.jpg

059_zpsb04254bf.jpg

So, what was our overall impression?

Eh. It was a good ride, it was very smooth and we can see the appeal for younger kids. However, I wouldn't count it in my favorites, nor would Marie and we definitely wouldn't wait the crazy wait times that other people were.

Now that we'd ridden the newest addition to the Magic Kingdom, we decided to head out for a mid-day break because it was soooo hot. Like really. It was a little gross.

060_zps85a6233d.jpg

I snapped this picture as evidence of why we had to hussle. Didn't want to get caught in the post-parade exodus.

We literally saw a bus pulling away from our stop as we approached it and groaned. Such is our luck.

061_zps3dee4bdf.jpg

Marie was unimpressed with how hot it was.

062_zps3836c3ed.jpg

I have no problems with sitting on the ground at the bus stops. Guys, I've got no shame.

063_zps427c7983.jpg

I felt the need to take a picture of this.

064_zpsad28d659.jpg

And also of my favorite bus ad. I love a good pun.

It wasn't long until we were pulling into the All Star Movies. And, thinking of you all, I split up from Marie.

While Marie headed straight back to our air conditioned room, I made the trek in the heat around the resort to take pictures. You know, in case you love the All Star Movies, or in case you've never seen it.

All for you guys.

First, some lobby hall stuff.

15557828910_f6af925181_z.jpg

15718939626_37f0a8229e_z.jpg

15557828740_e78184b1f1_z.jpg

15556779469_5fe1801671_z.jpg

I appreciate the PotC picture.

15123253693_713cb3fd81_z.jpg

Of course a picture of the star.

15744190142_84bf6137a1_z.jpg

And a picture of the pool. Which is terrible quality for reasons I don't understand but I apologize.

15742659635_e15d6fe65d_z.jpg

15740739941_51cda772bb_z.jpg

Stars! It's weird that these are teal.

15123253413_799240ffb0_z.jpg

First up, the 101 Dalmatians section!

15123253363_00e8a66113_z.jpg

I like the ground over here.

15744189462_a9ccf1477e_z.jpg

Pongo!

Click for next post

Last edited:
Day 2, Part 5: "That's creepy."

Continuing on with the All Star Movies spam.

15557827530_044d2b561f_z.jpg

Perdita.

15557827330_bcae44138b_z.jpg

15740742821_31aae9a170_z.jpg

Mighty Duck's pool.

15556774859_7508319a7c_z.jpg

And that concludes that section. I love you guys, but it was super hot and I still had to walk to the other side.

15718942426_965408da91_z.jpg

Click and walk.

15123252103_5461af57ef_z.jpg

Badly placed tree.

15718941956_0a4aa23f6d_z.jpg

Fun fact: RC was filled with water from the rain earlier.

15718941906_c0f5230996_z.jpg

Again that combination of trees and laziness results in amazing pictures.

15557488137_db4610840c_z.jpg

15742657785_6c53983189_z.jpg

15740741711_02a4d607a7_z.jpg

Woody!

15557218378_c0bd5034d3_z.jpg

In case you didn't know.

I apologize again for the bad quality of the pictures here. Wow.

15557220778_9e3a505a3f_z.jpg

15557220588_ddfcc2dc7a_z.jpg

15556776399_b186a48e7e_z.jpg

Bo Peep! And you can see Rex's tail. For some reason I didn't take a picture of him.

I blame the heat.

15122703724_b1101a70fe_z.jpg

Fantasia 2000 building.

15742656645_75c5602140_z.jpg

Fantasia building.

15557219748_7b1cf3c62a_z.jpg

This guy is evil and terrifying. Imagine opening your blinds and seeing that stare at you o_O

15718938696_f5f4e8de24_z.jpg

And he's offset by a ballerina to be like, oh look, it's not that bad over here. I see right through you.

15123250393_c931815704_z.jpg

Much nicer over here.

15557824920_f039a2aeec_z.jpg

Oh look, The Love Bug section!

15557219428_04fb2730c0_z.jpg

Look, our building!

15123249833_a0bff58628_z.jpg

15557217818_e344ac0123_z.jpg

Tiny lizards. Little cuties.

15557219018_af07daa968_z.jpg

Ta-da! I hope you enjoyed your tour of the All Star Movies resort. After that I went into the room and took a well earned rest.

Click for next post

Last edited:
I kinda hear you about the Mine train - though seats are really small - or at least the bum molds in said seats are very small. I thought it was quite a good ride but not "amazin'" and definitely not something I would wait an hour for.

Thanks for your sacrifices in taking all those resort pictures. I would have been truly amazed if you named all 101 dalmations ;)

Ack- I don't know how I missed your post about the step-sisters when I commented before. I think I read it but didn't comment? I guess I get an A for Effort, C for execution. :lmao:

We LOVE the stepsisters, but I have never seen them in the park. That is my new mission. They crack me up everytime. I love having a son who's old enough to torture now also. I let his sisters try and set him up with them - it makes for hilarious conversation. (And if I like meeting them in the park, I can save myself the $150 it costs us to have dinner with them :rotfl:)

I also love that you met the Fairy Godmother - awesome. Great Pics :goodvibes

HOLY COW - I totally agree about the mine train seats. It's almost comical how small they are. Has me rethinking my love for Ghiardelli!

I loved seeing all your resort pics. You got some really nice ones. The resort looks really nice - SO Disney! I'll bet it's a dream come true for little kiddos to stay there and get to see all their fave characters. I did chuckle at the sorcerers hat though - looked a little rumpled compared to the one in HS.

Can't wait to read more!!

Wow those seats are super tiny on the mine train!!! Everyone looks like giants sitting in chairs for kindergarteners! Wonder if this is something disney could change during a ride refurb in the future? I'm so glad you guys got to ride it though!

YAY Mine Train!! There is something so amazing getting to ride something new after so many Disney trips. Funny enough, for some reason I've heard a lot of talk about the seats, yet I never actually noticed. So weird.
What I also didn't notice was THERE ARE RIDE PHOTOS!!!!!!! I have no idea how I missed that.
Ahh, now I can see the reflection on the cottage windows people have been talking about making it hard to see in. I guess sometimes really dark skies can be a bonus.

We are in total agreement on the Mine Train. Enjoyable, but now long wait worthy.

You know, the Fantasia Hat actually looks like it's melting. Amazing how those Imagineers work with the weather. And hey, maybe a spot for the MGM hat.

I am in completely agree with you on the seats for 7DMT. The leg room was a little tight too (and I am not that tall).

We did the same thing as you...afternoon nap back at the resort. We left after FoF. We were lucky enough to get a coveted spot at the train station, so we could easily get out of the park after the parade.

Seeing your pictures of ASMo reminds me I didn't get any pictures of our building (my friend and I were in Mighty Ducks 3). We were originally going to be put into the Love Bug section, but since we are both hockey fans we wanted to stay in the Mighty Ducks section. I think the Love Bug section might have been closer to the main hall though. Oh well...live and learn.

I'm with ya on Mine Train. I did like it a lot, but I would not have been happy if I waited hours for it…

I also sit on the ground at bus stops so we can start a club.

Your All-Star pics are great! I love that resort though I do think it's an interesting mix of Disney movies…

I kinda hear you about the Mine train - though seats are really small - or at least the bum molds in said seats are very small. I thought it was quite a good ride but not "amazin'" and definitely not something I would wait an hour for.

Thanks for your sacrifices in taking all those resort pictures. I would have been truly amazed if you named all 101 dalmations ;)

True, it probably would have been better without the molds. Or at least more comfortable. Agreed, it's just not what I was hoping it'd be? :confused3 I kind of wanted more for all the hype.

Oh well, I could have done that but I don't want to show off too much. You know, don't want to make everyone else feel bad for not knowing them.

Ack- I don't know how I missed your post about the step-sisters when I commented before. I think I read it but didn't comment? I guess I get an A for Effort, C for execution. :lmao:

We LOVE the stepsisters, but I have never seen them in the park. That is my new mission. They crack me up everytime. I love having a son who's old enough to torture now also. I let his sisters try and set him up with them - it makes for hilarious conversation. (And if I like meeting them in the park, I can save myself the $150 it costs us to have dinner with them :rotfl:)

I also love that you met the Fairy Godmother - awesome. Great Pics :goodvibes

HOLY COW - I totally agree about the mine train seats. It's almost comical how small they are. Has me rethinking my love for Ghiardelli!

I loved seeing all your resort pics. You got some really nice ones. The resort looks really nice - SO Disney! I'll bet it's a dream come true for little kiddos to stay there and get to see all their fave characters. I did chuckle at the sorcerers hat though - looked a little rumpled compared to the one in HS.

Can't wait to read more!!

:rotfl2: I guess you could say that ;)

They've got a weird meeting schedule in park, but it is definitely worth it every time we catch them. Seriously, they're the best. But yeah, meeting them for free is better than that price tag :thumbsup2

Aww thanks :flower3:

Nah, your love of Ghiradelli is totes reasonable. I think they were just trying to make the seats for the actual seven dwarves to be able to ride comfortably in them :thumbsup2

The All Star Movies is very Disney. The most Disney of the resorts we've stayed at. Kids were pretty excited when I saw them walking into the Toy Story section.

And I don't know, I liked the hat? :confused3 It has character.

Wow those seats are super tiny on the mine train!!! Everyone looks like giants sitting in chairs for kindergarteners! Wonder if this is something disney could change during a ride refurb in the future? I'm so glad you guys got to ride it though!

They are so tiny because they've got this little mold in them that isn't comfortable. Plus the leg bar just kinda squeezes you in. I'm really surpised there hasn't been more complaining about it? Or that no one thought about it when they were making it? Were there just like children testing the ride?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter