A First timers DisneyMoon Dining Report - Updated La Cantina de San Angel 8/6

AMC Dine-In Theater

For most of you a Dine-In Theater might not be anything special as AMC has locations all over the country. However, this was a real treat for us considering our theater at home is really not that modern (we have 3D movies...but they still don't accept credit cards). I didn't take any pictures except 1 as our food didn't arrive until the movie had begun and I didn't want to be disruptive by using the flash.

We went to watch Age of Ultron. It was our 2nd time seeing it so we weren't too bothered by not paying attention to the first part of the movie because we were really hungry. This is how the seating/dining area looks at AMC.

d4d3325c-591f-416d-b909-71c794962ff2_zpsxckqp2ge.jpg

They have little lights there built into the seating. They are bright enough so that you can see your food, but dim enough to not be a bother. DH ordered the Crispy Chicken Tenders along with a fruit punch. He ate everything. It was a good sized serving and he was quite hungry. He didn't have any complaints either..only that it had gotten a bit cold when he had left the last tender alone to watch the movie.

I ordered the Tenderloin Tips meal. This was quite good. I wasn't a huge fan of the glaze but I ate it all. I had also ordered a vanilla milkshake. This was ok. It was good but not as good as the peanut butter & jelly shake from 50s. Overall we were satisfied with our meal; a large improvement over that morning. I liked that they took my credit card at the beginning of the meal to keep it on file and just brought us the receipt to sign very close to the end of the movie. This reduced the number of interruptions.

Ghirardelli's

We stopped here on our back to the bus stop from AMC. Neither of us had enough room to eat one of the sundaes on the menu and DH's and I's taste in ice cream were polar opposites so we decided to just customize small individual orders.

b3c15051-3fe2-46f6-ab67-13f6e61d1fa1_zpsi0qkjb4r.jpg

I ordered chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream with butterscotch sauce in a chocolate dipped waffle bowl. This was delicious. But it melted very quickly in the hot sun. Definitely get a table inside if there's room.

cab4200d-b99d-46da-9aad-ac1b2cb5b3bd_zpsqxd2mfev.jpg

DH got chocolate ice cream with chocolate sauce in a chocolate dipped waffle cone. He was very happy with his purchase. Both of them were quite sweet so definitely order bottles of water to go with it. However, we couldn't eat it all and unfortunately had to throw some of it out. :sad:

Yum....that dipped waffle cone looks awesome!! And Dine In theatres are a novelty here too...we just got our first one...and I haven't been yet. Though I have gone in Florida lol

I had no idea the theater in downtown disney served dinner how cool. And don't feel like you're alone, we live outside DC and while our theaters take credit cards none serve food within 30 minutes of my house.

We are going to DTD for the first time in several years on our trip in a few weeks and I'm hopeful for some Ghirardelli dessert. Your ice cream looks fab.

Thanks for the AMC review! It's the first one I have seen and I too didn't know they served food!!

Following along! I've always wanted to try the Dine In Theatre but it seems like it would be distracting from the movie. I might try and convince DH to try it out this trip, it could be fun to try it once.

Yum....that dipped waffle cone looks awesome!! And Dine In theatres are a novelty here too...we just got our first one...and I haven't been yet. Though I have gone in Florida lol

I really love waffle cones/bowls and when they're dipped in chocolate they get even better.

I had no idea the theater in downtown disney served dinner how cool. And don't feel like you're alone, we live outside DC and while our theaters take credit cards none serve food within 30 minutes of my house.

We are going to DTD for the first time in several years on our trip in a few weeks and I'm hopeful for some Ghirardelli dessert. Your ice cream looks fab.

It was more of a lunch. We opted for an early movie around 2-ish but they do it for most of the day for most of the big movies. It's something we'd definitely do again on a relaxation day away from the parks. Ugh Ghiradelli's is so good. I'm a sucker for some good ice cream and I wanted Haagen Daz also..but DH would have had to roll me out of DTD if that would have happened.

Thanks for the AMC review! It's the first one I have seen and I too didn't know they served food!!

I haven't seen much of them either. I happened upon it when I was browsing through menus of DTD on Disney's website. I figured it would be something fun to do and would be relaxing as well.

Following along! I've always wanted to try the Dine In Theatre but it seems like it would be distracting from the movie. I might try and convince DH to try it out this trip, it could be fun to try it once.

Honestly, you're supposed to arrive a bit early before the previews so that the waiters can take your order and the food would arrive as the previews begin. Everyone else seemed to do this except for us who arrived during the previews. It would be a lot less distracting if you arrive a bit earlier.

Riverside Mill

So some of you may be like..but what she's doing over at PoR when they're staying at Coronado. Well, we had booked a carriage ride for late in the evening (around 9). I had been contemplating staying at Port Orleans for our honeymoon but Coronado won out when I realized it was a convention hotel and there would be less kids than normal at the resort. If you're heading to Disney for a special occasion i.e. birthday, anniversary, honeymoon, I would definitely recommend the carriage ride. It is $45 for a half an hour ride and you can choose 1 of 2 routes. We chose to go through PoR and head toward the French Quarter. Unfortunately, I did not get any good pictures...like at all. They were either too dark, too blurry, or the streetlights washed them out. However, I will say that the resort grounds for both hotels are stunning. We would not hesitate to book Port Orleans for a future trip. After the ride, we were both quite hungry. It was going on 9:30 and our last meal was around 2. So instead of heading back to our resort to eat, we decided to see what their quick service had to offer.

Riverside Mill is set up quite similarly to Pepper Market but as I knew exactly what I was going for it wasn't as much as a hassle. I opted for the Make Your Own Pasta.

4bf2f0f5-245d-4a3b-a26c-70b38412f1ca_zpsfxkxm5tj.jpg

Alfredo Pasta with Shrimp and Garlic Bread

There was nothing about this meal I did not like. Everything was fantastic. The garlic bread was soft and delicious. Pasta was well cooked and it had a good deal of shrimp mixed in also. It was the best counter service meal I had for the entire trip. If we did stay at Port Orleans we would be eating here more often we did the quick service at Coronado.

DH had a pizza. I'm not kidding. All of the choices and he decides to grab a little kid's pizza. It was done before I even got a chance to take out the camera. Needless to say when we got back to Coronado he grabbed a snack at Cafe Rix. It was not filling and I do not blame that on Riverside Mill. It was his own fault for getting a little child's pizza instead of the normal sized flatbread they were going to serve him.​

That pasta looks really yummy as does the bread. I'm glad I read this because we are staying at POFQ and I hadn't thought about going over there for a QS meal...but now may have to try it! Too bad you didn't get any pics on the carriage ride...but it sounds great too!

I have been going to the riverside mill for QS our last couple of trips I like the make your own salad also. DH does pasta I do salad. Enjoying your reviews. Thank you for sharing

Glad you had such a good meal at POR. We are staying at FQ for the first time in a few days and good to know some yummy food will be in our midst

Loving all your reviews, thanks :)

Thanks for reading.

That pasta looks really yummy as does the bread. I'm glad I read this because we are staying at POFQ and I hadn't thought about going over there for a QS meal...but now may have to try it! Too bad you didn't get any pics on the carriage ride...but it sounds great too!

I had originally wanted to try POFQ's food court because they have beignets but it was quite a walk in the darkness especially when we didn't quite know where we were going. So we decided against it and just used the food court at Riverside. The grounds are super well maintained over at FQ from what I can see...Just make sure to close your blinds at night because I don't think people realize that you can see straight through the window and it's an area where people may walk through often.

That bread does look yummy and super soft!

It was. It wasn't really nice sit-down-restaurant garlic bread but it far exceeded my expectations for a quick service restaurant.

I have been going to the riverside mill for QS our last couple of trips I like the make your own salad also. DH does pasta I do salad. Enjoying your reviews. Thank you for sharing

You're very welcome. I'm not much of a salad person but there's so many options for you to choose from for the pasta that I can see myself eating a different pasta meal every time I come.

Glad you had such a good meal at POR. We are staying at FQ for the first time in a few days and good to know some yummy food will be in our midst

French Quarter is really pretty. We had originally wanted to check out the FQ's qs but we weren't up to the walk.

Sunshine Seasons

Unfortunately, this will be my most incomplete review of this trip. Let me give a little back story why first. We came to the park pretty early as we had fast passes from almost right after park opening time. Our first ride was Mission: Space (you guys might see where this is going). DH, of course, wanted the more intense level.... This was not a good experience at all. I hated Tower of Terror and vowed never to go on it again...this was just as bad. Both of us came off feeling dizzy and wanting to throw up. I'm pretty sure it was a mixture of the ride and that we hadn't eaten for the day. So we stumbled out looking for Sunshine Seasons. I wasn't horrible up until this point, however, as soon as I entered the building the smell of everything cooking inside hit me and I wanted to throw up right there.

I will say the cast members here were super nice and understanding. They carried our tray to a table and gave us some advice on how to feel a bit better. I opted for a bottle of water and a fruit cup because I was too scared to eat anything else. DH had the breakfast platter with a cup of hot chocolate. I don't know if it was my stomach but I felt like some of the fruits in the cup were passed it's time. I pretty much just ate all of the grapes. DH ate almost all of his plate other than the breakfast potatoes. The eggs here, which I managed to take a bite of, were much much better than Pepper Market's. I also had some bites of the french toast which was't bad either.

Unfortunately no pictures were taken of this meal. DH was feeling a tad better after the meal..I was feeling worse. So we decided as it was still early we'd go back to the resort for some rest and come in a bit later in the day. I hope when we do come back to Disney I get to give this place a proper review.​

Oh no!! I'm so sorry you weren't feeling well!! It sucks to feel sick on vacation and especially at Disney...I do hope it passed quickly and you were able to enjoy the rest of the day.

I can not do spinning rides or 3D rides where the seat moves. Blah!!! Too bad you ended up not feeling so good. I hope the day ended up better eventually.

Last edited:
Oh no!! I'm so sorry you weren't feeling well!! It sucks to feel sick on vacation and especially at Disney...I do hope it passed quickly and you were able to enjoy the rest of the day.

Yep, after a nap at the resort we were back to normal and ready to hit the parks! Never going on that ride again though.

I can not do spinning rides or 3D rides where the seat moves. Blah!!! Too bad you ended up not feeling so good. I hope the day ended up better eventually.

Spinning and 3D are horrid for me too. They gave me a major headache. :( I hate roller coasters too. I'm really the friend you never want to bring to a theme park.

Great reviews and pictures. Thanks for sharing.

I'm glad you're enjoying them. Sorry the last few have been so sparse.

Katsura Grill

I am happy to say that we survived our encounter with Mission: Space. Thankfully, we had gotten to Epcot pretty early in the morning and even though we returned to our resort for some rest we were able to make it back to the park by around 3pm. By this time we were pretty hungry. After informing DH that the quick service in the China pavilion did not sell Mongolian Beef he reluctantly chose Teriyaki instead so we headed to the Japanese pavilion.

Katsura Grill's outdoor space is really quite pretty but it was quite hot so we opted to try and find seating inside after we got our meal. The interior of the restaurant is quite small but thankfully there were not that many people inside. It seems as though most left as we were arriving. DH got the Teriyaki Chicken and I got the Shogun Combo which was a mixture of both Teriyaki Chicken and Teriyaki Beef. Both were served with white rice and vegetables. I also got a slice of the green tea cheesecake.

ff25d575-6567-4523-9eb9-19d0c271279f_zpstsiojdtz.jpg

The food here is pretty basic asian take-out. It wasn't bad but it wasn't really great either. The Teriyaki chicken was definitely the winner here. I did not like the beef at all and only picked at it a bit. The green tea cheesecake was quite good and I would definitely order it again as a nice dessert/snack. It tasted ..well like cheesecake but had a faint taste of green tea with it which I preferred than an overwhelming green tea taste. Overall we would eat here again and I would probably stick to the chicken by itself. However, with all the other options in the World Showcase I do want to try other things..although I might pop in for the green tea cheesecake.​

Thank you for including your thoughts on the green tea cheesecake. We have an ADR at Teppan Edo in September (on DDP), and I was curious if I should try it there. Since the green tea flavor is not overwhelming, I am excited to taste it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter