A first time planners Pre-Trip Report!

Happy Belated birthday!!! YUM Maggianos!!! DELISH! Sooo where is the picture of him opening up all those awesome gifts?!?! You guys are really adorable!!
so your not following me on your AK day either... :rotfl:
can't wait to hear about your dinner!!!

I feel the same way about laundry - it never makes me smile.

Definitely don't attach the yellow tags. I believe I saw somewhere that baggage handlers at the airport separate the bags with the DME tags before they get to baggage claim - so if you put the tags on, your luggage will never make it to a point where you can pick it up.

If you change your mind, I believe you can go to the DME desk at the airport and describe your luggage to them (and give them the luggage tag information from the airline if you have it) and they'll pick it up for you.

PERFECT. Thank you!! :thumbsup2

Sounds like a really busy, but fun weekend (the cake looks awesome as do the gifts). :cool1::cool1: mom got DBF a Mickey shirt that he likes and will wear.

Your Animal Kingdom day sounds great...except for the Expedition Everest part. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: And that's only because I cannot do it anymore. :(

I would take a cab...the fare won't be too much and for dinner I wouldn't rely on buses, especially that late at night.

Thanks Kathy! I think a cab will be better too. Then we'll have more time at the hotel to relax before heading out to dinner too! :goodvibes

Also- I will ride Everest for you too! :cool1:

Yay for Mickey Mail!!!!

Happy Belated Birthday to your DBF!! It sounds like you guys had a good time celebrating. I love the idea of a gift on the minute of every hour they are born. :thumbsup2

I understand the busy weekend ours was too. My Best friend and my one sister birthday was friday so we spent the weekend celebrating with both. Must be something about Aug or maybe the summer lol.

Your day at Animal Kingdom looks great. I love downtime at the resorts.

I really think it is Summer- we hardley EVER have a free weekend! I'm not complaining because it is nice to have plans but sometimes I would like to just wake up and not know what I'm going to do that day! :cool2:

I was worried I hadn't planned enough down time so hopefully this day and the first and last will be enough because we don't really have an "off" day!

Joining in :wave2:

I am enjoying your PTR and seeing your plans. Thank you for posting a picture of the custom maps. I thought about doing that for my family, but wasn't sure. I am definitely doing it after seeing your post.

Your itineraries are super awesome too!

I love how you had a present for every hour for Joe's birthday, super clever! :thumbsup2

I am excited to read more about your plans and more importantly about your trip.

:welcome: I'm glad you are joining!!

The custom maps are really neat!! I won't be bringing them with me but I want to frame the one of all of Walt Disney World.

Happy Belated birthday!!! YUM Maggianos!!! DELISH! Sooo where is the picture of him opening up all those awesome gifts?!?! You guys are really adorable!!
so your not following me on your AK day either... :rotfl:
can't wait to hear about your dinner!!!

Thanks Mo! Maggianos was SO SO GOOD. We have pasta at home for weeks I feel like! I probably should have taken a picture each time- that would have been a good idea! oops! :confused3

I guess we are going to just have to run into eachother our first days! Unless our last few days happen to be the same! :rotfl::)

I think the card from Sophie is so adorable as well as the color-coordinated presents for DBF! You did a great job on the cake too, especially those candles. I think I've seen those candles somewhere before --- I'll probably end up getting some for Victoria's bday in February. Your AK day looks great! I've never eaten at V & A. You'll have to take lots of pictures so I can see what it looks like! :hyper:

I think the card from Sophie is so adorable as well as the color-coordinated presents for DBF! You did a great job on the cake too, especially those candles. I think I've seen those candles somewhere before --- I'll probably end up getting some for Victoria's bday in February. Your AK day looks great! I've never eaten at V & A. You'll have to take lots of pictures so I can see what it looks like! :hyper:

Thank you! I was quite proud of the tissue paper wrapping! :banana: (what an funny smiley! :) )

The candles I got at Target (along with a lot of the little gifts)!

I will definitely take pictures at V&A...and every where I eat probably! I feel like food is going to be a HUGE part of this trip..well food & drinks. :rotfl:

Finally caught up! Sophie is the cutest. I love her!

You must really like that DBF of yours. How creative and thoughtful to wrap all of those individual presents and give them all day long.:lovestruc

I hope you make EMH on Day 5. I know by day 5 my family is barely getting out of bed we're so tired.:lmao: Just remember to not push yourself to do everything, that's what return trips are for!

Hooray for your Dad and the lovely Victoria & Albert's ressie. Perhaps you should take a bus there and take a cab home. It will definitely be late by the time you are finished.

Finally caught up! Sophie is the cutest. I love her!

You must really like that DBF of yours. How creative and thoughtful to wrap all of those individual presents and give them all day long.:lovestruc

I hope you make EMH on Day 5. I know by day 5 my family is barely getting out of bed we're so tired.:lmao: Just remember to not push yourself to do everything, that's what return trips are for!

Hooray for your Dad and the lovely Victoria & Albert's ressie. Perhaps you should take a bus there and take a cab home. It will definitely be late by the time you are finished.

Glad you are all caught up! I need to figure out away to do a table of contents on my first post but I'm not sure how! :confused3

Yes, my DBF is a keeper :) I found the idea on Pinterest!

Hopefully we will make it that early to AK too! It is after our long day at Epcot but we usually are very early risers anyways so hopefully we'll be ok! Since it his first time going I want him to be able to see all of the night time shows! pixiedust:

TGIF!!!

This week was a rough one at work & am so looking forward to the weekend. We have 17 days till Disney. I am starting to get a little anxious to get everything done! I still need to....
  • Make LGMH Button/Pin
  • Plan out what I'm wearing each day
  • Finish Printing Daily Plans
  • Buy Photo Matte for Character Signatures
  • Buy a couple clothing items I need/ exchange DBFs Mickey Shirt
  • Pack!!!!
  • Find my MISSING CAMERA charger!
  • Order portable charger for my phone

I'm sure there's more..but that is what I have right now.
We are hopefully knocking a lot off of that list tonight because the next 2 weeks we are so so busy!

OH I also just posted this on the FB Group. I know a lot of people use the cooling towels in the parks & CVS had these ones on clearance for $4.99! I googled the brand & they have great reviews too! So if anyone needs one, go to CVS! $5 is a good price for it! :thumbsup2

I leave next Friday for Nashville for my cousins bachelorette party! I am excited, but I am just so anxious about Disney I keep forgetting I have a mini vtrip the week before!:rotfl:

When I come home on Labor day...we will have to get everything ready that week because the weekend before we leave Joe is in a wedding so Friday we have the rehearsal dinner & Saturday the wedding. We also have tickets to see Carrie Underwood at Ravinia on Sunday evening before we leave that Monday!!! :eek: I know, I know I can't complain- there is just a LOT going on in the next 17 days!!

DISNEY PLANS!

Day 6- MAGIC KINGDOM round 2

We are planning on making it to the opening ceremony this day since we won't see it on our first MK day. I have never seen it before either so we both would like to, but after 5 days of parks- we may be too exhausted.

This last day is sort of a "do what you missed" day..and I am hoping we can take a break in the middle of the day to relax.

Our FP+ for this day are:

• BTMRR- 10:50-11:50
  • Mine Train- 1:30-2:30
  • Anna & Elsa- 3:40-4:40

The only one I'm not 100% sure of is Anna & Elsa. I think it would be fun to meet them..but I'm still not sure how DBF is going to be meeting characters? If he seems to be enjoying it- we'll keep it. Otherwise we may change it since the time is when we would want to go back to the resort to relax.

We also have a FP for BOG Lunch! I was so happy when I received the email. So we will have lunch there sometime between 11:20-11:50. DBF ordered the roast beef sandwich & I ordered the Tuna Salad. We also got the Masters Cupcake (because I heard the Grey Stuff is delicious ;) ) and the lemon meringue cupcake!

We don't have any ADR's this day- so no idea what we will do for Dinner! If we don't go back to the resort- I would like to do a sit down meal somewhere (so since we won't be planning ahead, hopefully we can get in somewhere at MK or the MK Resorts).

MK is open late this night & we want to stay for Wishes since we won't see them on our first day. Since it is our last night :-)(), I'm sure we'll get a boost of energy to stay as late as we can! :)

Day 7- LAST DAY

Our flight this day isn't until 7:30, meaning we have to be ready for ME by 4:30. We plan on relaxing around the resort and swimming if it is nice out & heading to Downtown Disney at some point to do some last minute shopping! I was wondering how this would work though with our luggage....

I know we can leave our luggage at the resort after we check out of our room....but will we be able to add anything to it before ME comes to get us? Does our luggage go on the same ME bus as we do? I am hoping if we buy anything in Downtown Disney that day, we'll be able to add it to our luggage.

And then we will leave to come back to Chicago :( Sad, Sad day. I already know I will be having some Disney Depression for sure. BUT NOT YET. :)

I hope everyone has a great weekend!! :dance3:

TGIF!!!
And then we will leave to come back to Chicago :( Sad, Sad day. I already know I will be having some Disney Depression for sure. BUT NOT YET. :)

That's one I've never heard before, professing PDD prior to even going on the trip.:lmao:

I don't think you'll be able to add to your luggage once you turn it over. They send it over to the airport separate I believe. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.:confused3

Do you have a carry on that would work to add a few things to?

Good luck with your next 17 days, they'll be gone before you know it!!

I think it's good that you got the A&E FP+ - if you decide to see them, you get a shorter line, and if you decide that DBF won't be interested, you can just change it for something else. That's a FP+ that's hard to get, so it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Plans for days 6 & 7 look great ... you definitely may want to take a rest after 5 long days at the park.

I'm hoping to see Wishes on my next trip also - I've heard it's great. When I need it, I can get my extra boost of energy at MK ... from Main Street Bakery, where they sell Starbucks. I don't know if you guys are coffee drinkers, but I find that a coffee can help me stay up for the later fireworks (just try not to drink coffee too close to bedtime).

In terms of the luggage - if you're checking your luggage at the hotel (which is what most people usually do if they're airline allows it), then once you give them your bags, you don't see them again until you get back to Chicago.
Some hotels (and I honestly don't remember if I've gotten this at Disney hotels also or just when I've traveled elsewhere) have a room where they can lock your luggage after you check out - and if you leave your luggage there, you can put whatever you want in it afterwards. The problem is that you then have to bring the luggage to the airport yourself. If they have a room for you to store luggage, you may be able to store it there for a few hours and then check in and check your luggage later in the day.
I'd ask either when you check in or at some people before you check out if they have a room to store luggage - this may be the best way to do it, especially if you have time to check your bags at the hotel once you get back from Downtown Disney.

Have a great weekend!

As others have said, you won't see your luggage until you pick it back up in Chicago.

Your plans sound great.

Be prepared for long travel times to and from DTD with all the construction.

At the time you are going, you might be able to get a walk up at The Plaza right off of Main Street.

Thanks for the tip about the cooling towels I will have to see if I can find one Monday.

It is good to be busy it will make the time fly by.

Your days look great and like some else said the Plaza maybe open or we enjoy Grand Floridian Cafe.

Hi Lauren - joining in - love the report so far! Love the pics of your old disney trips, I need to find mine. Your trip is so close, exciting! Looking forward to following along (I'm starting my 1st PTR too so it's good to see another 'newbie')

Following along and catching up! I love love love the Alex + Ani bracelets! I think that's going to be one of my purchases on my next trip!

If you want to do a table of contents on your first post, here's how:

1) First, click on the little number in the top right hand corner of the post you want to add to your table of contents. This is the number of the post; it will open up in another window in your browser.
2) Next, open the post you want to put the table of contents into by going to the post and selecting "edit" (In this case, you'd put the t.o.c. in post #1 on page 1).
3) Type what you want your table of contents entry to be named, somewhere in the original post (like "Day 2" or "Travel Day").
4) Now, go to the new window that opened when you clicked on the post number. Copy that URL.
5) Go back to the post with your table of contents. Highlight the words you typed in ("Day 2", "Travel Day", etc.), and once they're highlighted select the little button at the top of your post that looks like a globe with a chain link underneath it. When you hover over it, it says "Insert Link". What you're doing is assigning the link to those words so that if someone clicks them, they lead to the linked page.
6) Once you've clicked that, paste in the URL of the post you want to link to the words in your t.o.c. (in this example, it's the post in the new window that opens when you click the post number) and hit OK.
7) Save your post and you're done!

It sounds like a lot of steps but once you've done it a couple of times it's fast and easy! It's also nice to have everything sectioned out if you want to go back and read it. Some people do not click the number on the post like I do and simply use the URL of the page the update is on; you can do that too, just open your table of contents post in a separate window and link appropriately.

Hope this helps!

I took my DGF for her first time in May. It's always fun to see first timers faces walking up Main Street :)

That's one I've never heard before, professing PDD prior to even going on the trip.:lmao:

Haha, I just know I will miss having it to look forward to and miss all of the planning! :sad:

I don't think you'll be able to add to your luggage once you turn it over. They send it over to the airport separate I believe. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.:confused3

Do you have a carry on that would work to add a few things to?

I think you are right & I was thinking we would just have 1 carry on luggage but we will have mine & DBF's so I think we should be fine!

Good luck with your next 17 days, they'll be gone before you know it!!

Thank you!! Now at 2 WEEKS! AHH! :Pinkbounc

I think it's good that you got the A&E FP+ - if you decide to see them, you get a shorter line, and if you decide that DBF won't be interested, you can just change it for something else. That's a FP+ that's hard to get, so it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Thats true! We have a character dinner & breakfast the first and second day we are there so I will be able to tell quickly if I think we'll enjoy the character meet & greets! I don't really remember them from when I was younger and I have no idea if we both will like it or not! But you're right- I'm glad I have it just in case :) especially because we both love Frozen
!

Plans for days 6 & 7 look great ... you definitely may want to take a rest after 5 long days at the park.

I'm hoping to see Wishes on my next trip also - I've heard it's great. When I need it, I can get my extra boost of energy at MK ... from Main Street Bakery, where they sell Starbucks. I don't know if you guys are coffee drinkers, but I find that a coffee can help me stay up for the later fireworks (just try not to drink coffee too close to bedtime).

I forgot about coffee!! Great idea- we both drink it- except DBF likes his coffee where you can barely tell it's coffee more like a chocolate milkshake! :rotfl:

In terms of the luggage - if you're checking your luggage at the hotel (which is what most people usually do if they're airline allows it), then once you give them your bags, you don't see them again until you get back to Chicago.
Some hotels (and I honestly don't remember if I've gotten this at Disney hotels also or just when I've traveled elsewhere) have a room where they can lock your luggage after you check out - and if you leave your luggage there, you can put whatever you want in it afterwards. The problem is that you then have to bring the luggage to the airport yourself. If they have a room for you to store luggage, you may be able to store it there for a few hours and then check in and check your luggage later in the day.
I'd ask either when you check in or at some people before you check out if they have a room to store luggage - this may be the best way to do it, especially if you have time to check your bags at the hotel once you get back from Downtown Disney.

I think we will check our bags and then just keep our carry-ons at the hotel and if we buy anything put it in those! I keep forgetting we will have a lot of luggage with us!

As others have said, you won't see your luggage until you pick it back up in Chicago.

Your plans sound great.

Be prepared for long travel times to and from DTD with all the construction.

Oh YUCK. I forgot about that. Do you think DTD is a must on a trip? I've been a bunch of times but obviously DBF hasn't since its his first trip. I know he wanted to get a golf polo while we were there & they have the sports store in DTD... but if we have really nice weather our first and last days I may just want to stay by the pool (with a Pina Colava! :upsidedow)

At the time you are going, you might be able to get a walk up at The Plaza right off of Main Street.

The Plaza sounds like a good idea if we end up eating at the MK that night- thanks:thumbsup2!

Thanks for the tip about the cooling towels I will have to see if I can find one Monday.

NP! Hope you can find some! :)

It is good to be busy it will make the time fly by.

That is very true! 2 more weeks!! :goodvibes

Your days look great and like some else said the Plaza maybe open or we enjoy Grand Floridian Cafe.

I'm not sure if I've eaten at Grand Floridian Cafe before, but I checked out the menu and that looks good too! Thanks! :thumbsup2

Hi Lauren - joining in - love the report so far! Love the pics of your old disney trips, I need to find mine. Your trip is so close, exciting! Looking forward to following along (I'm starting my 1st PTR too so it's good to see another 'newbie')

:welcome: I'm so glad for another newbie!! :) I'll head over to your PTR too!! :goodvibes

Following along and catching up! I love love love the Alex + Ani bracelets! I think that's going to be one of my purchases on my next trip!

:welcome: Glad you are here! I love the bracelets too!! I'm sure I will be getting a few more on the trip, just wish they weren't so expensive!

If you want to do a table of contents on your first post, here's how:

1) First, click on the little number in the top right hand corner of the post you want to add to your table of contents. This is the number of the post; it will open up in another window in your browser.
2) Next, open the post you want to put the table of contents into by going to the post and selecting "edit" (In this case, you'd put the t.o.c. in post #1 on page 1).
3) Type what you want your table of contents entry to be named, somewhere in the original post (like "Day 2" or "Travel Day").
4) Now, go to the new window that opened when you clicked on the post number. Copy that URL.
5) Go back to the post with your table of contents. Highlight the words you typed in ("Day 2", "Travel Day", etc.), and once they're highlighted select the little button at the top of your post that looks like a globe with a chain link underneath it. When you hover over it, it says "Insert Link". What you're doing is assigning the link to those words so that if someone clicks them, they lead to the linked page.
6) Once you've clicked that, paste in the URL of the post you want to link to the words in your t.o.c. (in this example, it's the post in the new window that opens when you click the post number) and hit OK.
7) Save your post and you're done!

It sounds like a lot of steps but once you've done it a couple of times it's fast and easy! It's also nice to have everything sectioned out if you want to go back and read it. Some people do not click the number on the post like I do and simply use the URL of the page the update is on; you can do that too, just open your table of contents post in a separate window and link appropriately.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much! I will have to do this sometime today! :)

I took my DGF for her first time in May. It's always fun to see first timers faces walking up Main Street :)

Aww thats so sweet! I hope you had a wonderful trip! I think going with someone for their first time makes it so much more exciting! :)

YAY! Another stalking day! We will be at MK on the 13th!!! HA HA HA!

lets not talk about being home yet OK???

beauty-and-the-beast-cry-disney-gif-Favim.com-370184.gif

SO the entire day yesterday I was positive it was Tuesday...and today feels like Monday?! :confused3

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

On Friday DBF was working late, so I decided I was going to start packing! I tried on all of my Disney shirts I have been collecting the past few months and planned out my outfits. I will take some pictures and post later! :)

Saturday I went to my Grandmas and my cousin did my hair. It was nice spending time with my family. Since I moved up North I don't see them as often as I did when I lived in the city. :grouphug: While I was there I found this great picture of my brother & I dressed up for Halloween years ago! I was snow white...I'm not sure what he was he just looks scary!

Sunday Joe & I went to an apple orchard in Wisconsin called Apple Holler. Its so cute there & they have an AMAZING breakfast buffet. I had apple walnut french toast and an orange/nectarine mimosa!! SO yummy! :goodvibes

We went and fed the goats after breakfast too- I am a sucker for all animals. If I could live on a farm I would in a heart beat! paw::dogdance::squirrel:paw:

This weekend I am going to Nashville for my cousins bachelorette party! We are having a 90's party at her house Friday night and then flying Saturday morning to Nashville. We come home Monday night.

Even though I grew up in the 90's...I had no idea what to wear. I found these jean leggings that looked 90's-ish to me and this shirt that said Party Animal. Hopefully that will be good enough!

OK ONTO DISNEY PLANNING!

Last night I made my LGMH's!! Joe will have one on his back pack & I will have one on my purse. SO if you see us please say hi! :goodvibes

I also made some envelopes for Mousekeeping...

I can't believe we are only 13 days away!! I only have 7 more days of work after today! The weekend before we leave Joe is in a wedding so we are busy with that Friday and Saturday but Saturday morning I am going to go get my nails done. I'm not sure exactly what I want to do, but I want mickey on them in someway! I found these images online to bring with...

Anyways- I don't have a TON of Disney news since we are getting so close!!

Hope everyone is having a great week! :cool1:

I love your LGMHs and Mousekeeping envelopes (I like that they're simple but still really cute)!

Please post pictures of your nails after you get them done! I love seeing people with Mickey-themed nails - so I can't wait to see what you get!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter